The Girl and the Genie

The Girl and the Genie

3.15 of 5 stars 3.15  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Emily Mignon's love life is a disaster, and she's not at all happy about it! When she finds a genie and is granted nine wishes, she's determined to use one of them to find her one true love. But the genie warns her that any wish for romance always ends disastrously. Emily, not to be denied, will try to find a loophole to this rule.

The Girl and the Genie is a fun, exciting...more
Published November 28th 2012 by Genie Books

To ask other readers questions about The Girl and the Genie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl and the Genie

Lori McD
Akl
Laken
Elisa
3.5 stars I'm being a bit generous actually, but in the end I liked it even with all its flaws and it is a debut work.

Fast and easy read. I don't usually like books with a similar plot much, but it was free on amazon and therefore worth a try. I got to admit it was better than what I had thought, which might not be much, because I can hardly say it was a masterpiece, but all in all it was a pleasant read.
The story is obviously quite predictable, but at the same time so unbelievably unlikely it w...more
Gaby
Posted at Oh My Books!

The Girls and the Genie was a freebie I downloaded a few days ago, and it was a fun book to read for a few hours in the morning.

Emily is waiting for her true love. She haven't been lucky in love, but know she found a genie and have nine wishes...and she wants to find her true love! Of course, every wish seems to backfire somehow and the Genie is someone she can't trust, right?

The Girl and the Genie was a fun book. I read it just in a few hours and enjoyed it, although somet...more
Kyra Dunst
This was a cute and quirky romance, where as always, you must be careful what you wish for. Jack the genie was an especially wonderful character. I loved how his initial bitterness slowly mellowed into genuine affection for her. And the zany misadventures from some of the wishes made everything that much more exciting. I would read more from this author.
Roxana
Well, there would be a few not so good things that I could say about this book. But in the end, I quite enjoyed it. And I think that's what counts. It was both predictable and surprising. But I must say, poor Emily. My God, that girls has such a big amount of bad experiences spread out on only a year or so, that I don't even what to think about. But then again, I guess that's what happens when you mess with fate ;)
If you are looking for a light-in-bed-just-before-you-go-to-sleep kind of read, th...more
Ana
Nicole
I picked this book thinking it was a romantic comedy but it was totally different from how I imagined it.

I was really enjoying the book though sometimes I wished to slap her for her decisions but despite of that there were really funny moments between her and the Genie.

I will like to give it a 3.5 or 4 but I think either the pages were not enough or the story was cut short but the ending was wrappped too quickly for the way all the story was flowing.

Overrall the book was quite entertaining, even...more
Jo Smith
I really enjoyed this contemporary and refreshing story. A little magic, love, and great characterisation of the main players was simply delightful writing. The plot didn't conform to any agenda other than its own & as a reader each chapter kept you guessing, in fact each page right up to the very end. It's a romance rather than a hot & horny book, love Winston!!! Each element comes together perfectly.
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
What a delightful little tale! I really enjoyed it . I loved Winston, his little actions reminded me a lot of my English Bulldog Pumba. I wish Winston would have had a bigger part in the story though. :)

I really liked the action and the romance in the story. It had a sprinkle of all the good things that make a great and cozy read!
Sheila Lord
What a great book.... Couldn't put it down had to know what would happen next..... Loved it and loved the genie.... And let's not forget about Winston..... And of course Emily
Karin
Didn't like the way the reader was kept in the dark about the main character's feelings. Kept wondering why she kept doing stupid crap.
BK Blue
It's a cute little romance. I don't really know what else to say.

Oh, and they're both idiots.

The End
Carol Ward
I loved the way that Emily took her time to figure out her wishes. And I really loved Winston. :-)
Kim
Ugh. So juvenile with a terribly transparent ending. Don't bother.
Patty
all I can say is I LOVE THIS BOOK!!
Christine
Very cute and a very fun read.
Beverly
I loved this cute book.
Bonnie Lazaruk
Quick easy read cute book
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Alanna Fowler
Alanna Fowler marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Patrick O'hanlon
Patrick O'hanlon marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Jul 16, 2014
Megumi
Megumi marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014