Start by marking “The Girl and the Genie” as Want to Read:
The Girl and the Genie

The Girl and the Genie

3.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  100 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Emily Mignon's love life is a disaster, and she's not at all happy about it! When she finds a genie and is granted nine wishes, she's determined to use one of them to find her one true love. But the genie warns her that any wish for romance always ends disastrously. Emily, not to be denied, will try to find a loophole to this rule.

The Girl and the Genie is a fun, exciting
Published November 28th 2012 by Genie Books

To ask other readers questions about The Girl and the Genie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl and the Genie

Lori McD
Akl
Apr 16, 2013 Akl rated it did not like it
Laken
Jul 17, 2013 Laken rated it it was ok
Elisa
Jan 19, 2013 Elisa rated it really liked it
3.5 stars I'm being a bit generous actually, but in the end I liked it even with all its flaws and it is a debut work.

Fast and easy read. I don't usually like books with a similar plot much, but it was free on amazon and therefore worth a try. I got to admit it was better than what I had thought, which might not be much, because I can hardly say it was a masterpiece, but all in all it was a pleasant read.
The story is obviously quite predictable, but at the same time so unbelievably unlikely it w
Gaby
Jan 18, 2013 Gaby rated it liked it
Posted at Oh My Books!

The Girls and the Genie was a freebie I downloaded a few days ago, and it was a fun book to read for a few hours in the morning.

Emily is waiting for her true love. She haven't been lucky in love, but know she found a genie and have nine wishes...and she wants to find her true love! Of course, every wish seems to backfire somehow and the Genie is someone she can't trust, right?

The Girl and the Genie was a fun book. I read it just in a few hours and enjoyed it, although somet
Kyra Dunst
Jul 28, 2014 Kyra Dunst rated it really liked it
This was a cute and quirky romance, where as always, you must be careful what you wish for. Jack the genie was an especially wonderful character. I loved how his initial bitterness slowly mellowed into genuine affection for her. And the zany misadventures from some of the wishes made everything that much more exciting. I would read more from this author.
Roxana
Jan 11, 2013 Roxana rated it liked it
Well, there would be a few not so good things that I could say about this book. But in the end, I quite enjoyed it. And I think that's what counts. It was both predictable and surprising. But I must say, poor Emily. My God, that girls has such a big amount of bad experiences spread out on only a year or so, that I don't even what to think about. But then again, I guess that's what happens when you mess with fate ;)
If you are looking for a light-in-bed-just-before-you-go-to-sleep kind of read, th
Ana
Jun 13, 2013 Ana rated it liked it
Shelves: free-ebooks
Nicole
Dec 13, 2013 Nicole rated it liked it
I picked this book thinking it was a romantic comedy but it was totally different from how I imagined it.

I was really enjoying the book though sometimes I wished to slap her for her decisions but despite of that there were really funny moments between her and the Genie.

I will like to give it a 3.5 or 4 but I think either the pages were not enough or the story was cut short but the ending was wrappped too quickly for the way all the story was flowing.

Overrall the book was quite entertaining, even
Jo Smith
Dec 12, 2013 Jo Smith rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this contemporary and refreshing story. A little magic, love, and great characterisation of the main players was simply delightful writing. The plot didn't conform to any agenda other than its own & as a reader each chapter kept you guessing, in fact each page right up to the very end. It's a romance rather than a hot & horny book, love Winston!!! Each element comes together perfectly.
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
Jan 11, 2013 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•* rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
What a delightful little tale! I really enjoyed it . I loved Winston, his little actions reminded me a lot of my English Bulldog Pumba. I wish Winston would have had a bigger part in the story though. :)

I really liked the action and the romance in the story. It had a sprinkle of all the good things that make a great and cozy read!
Sheila Lord
Jul 09, 2013 Sheila Lord rated it it was amazing
What a great book.... Couldn't put it down had to know what would happen next..... Loved it and loved the genie.... And let's not forget about Winston..... And of course Emily
Karin
Didn't like the way the reader was kept in the dark about the main character's feelings. Kept wondering why she kept doing stupid crap.
BK Blue
It's a cute little romance. I don't really know what else to say.

Oh, and they're both idiots.

The End
Carol Ward
Jun 02, 2013 Carol Ward rated it it was amazing
I loved the way that Emily took her time to figure out her wishes. And I really loved Winston. :-)
Kim
Feb 03, 2013 Kim rated it it was ok
Ugh. So juvenile with a terribly transparent ending. Don't bother.
Patty Beaty
Jan 17, 2013 Patty Beaty rated it it was amazing
all I can say is I LOVE THIS BOOK!!
Christine
Apr 11, 2013 Christine rated it it was amazing
Very cute and a very fun read.
Beverly
Jan 19, 2013 Beverly rated it really liked it
Shelves: magic, cute
I loved this cute book.
Bonnie Lazaruk
Jan 29, 2013 Bonnie Lazaruk rated it liked it
Quick easy read cute book
Krystal Smith
Apr 10, 2013 Krystal Smith rated it liked it
Okay
norm groux
norm groux marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Sumit
Sumit marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Jimzzz
Jimzzz marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Tulika
Tulika marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
  • The Edge of Forever
  • Bell, Book, and Sandals
  • Stolen Promise
  • Just Like Heaven
  • The Use (Changing Magic, #1)
  • Passion's Tide
  • Get A Life! 8 Steps to Create Your Own Life List
  • The Melody in our Hearts (Melody, #1)
  • Tennessee Touch (Sisters of Spirit #6)
  • Sleepless in Savannah
  • A Girl, A Guy and A Ghost
  • Baptism By Fire (RuneQuest, #1)
  • Dangerous Flirtation
  • Racing to Love: Carter's Treasure (Racing to Love, #1)
  • Mind Games (Cassie Scot #3)
  • Pieces of Dreams
  • Cindy and the Prom King (Manderley Prep, #1)