Start by marking “Better off Friends” as Want to Read:
Better off Friends

Better off Friends

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  11,716 ratings  ·  1,708 reviews
For Macallan and Levi, it was friends at first sight. Everyone says guys and girls can’t be just friends, but these two are. They hang out after school, share tons of inside jokes, their families are super close, and Levi even starts dating one of Macallan’s friends. They are platonic and happy that way.

Eventually they realize they’re best friends — which wouldn’t be so ba
Published February 25th 2014 by Point

To ask other readers questions about Better off Friends, please sign up.

Julliana Yes, it is! The basic plot of this book about best friends falling in love but keep missing each other is very much like Love, Rosie. Although for me…moreYes, it is! The basic plot of this book about best friends falling in love but keep missing each other is very much like Love, Rosie. Although for me it's like a simpler version of it.(less)
To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny HanIsla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie PerkinsWe Were Liars by E. LockhartSince You've Been Gone by Morgan MatsonWhat I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
2014 Contemporary YA
6th out of 261 books — 1,574 voters
YA Novels of 2014
63rd out of 1,511 books — 8,187 voters

More lists with this book...

Khanh (Clowns, Nightmares, and Bunnies)
Here’s the basic difference between having a girl as a best friend as opposed to a guy.
When you’re best friends with a girl and you blather on and on, she kisses you to make you shut up.
*barf* I don't bloody think so.

If you have a really really cute guy friend and you guys have been close for so long but oh my god he's so hot and you think you're in love with him but does he like you and what about that time he checked out that other girl and oh my god you guys stay up all night talking and yo
Christine Riccio
Really really LOVED READING THIS BOOK <3 It was very when Harry Met Sally except over a younger time span 7th grade - Senior year of High school and I loved it! I JUST WANTED A FEW MORE CHAPTERS AT THE END. LE SIGH. THIS HAPPENS SO OFTEN. Just let me bask in the happy for a second jeez. =P
Cat
No, this is not really a review, because I haven't read the book yet; more of my personal thoughts and a story to go along with it. Read on only if you're interested.

This sounds so promising. Elizabeth Eulberg is absolutely amazing, and I'm excited for this, after my favorites The Lonely Hearts Club and Prom and Prejudice. (Take a Bow was okay, and I haven't read Revenge of the Girl With the Great Personality yet.)

But I will say: guys and girls CANNOT be best friends.
At all costs.
I doubt thi
Christine Alibutud
"But in truth, home isn’t necessarily where you sleep at night..."

description

"...It’s where you feel like yourself.
Where you’re most comfortable.
Where you don’t have to pretend, where you can be just you."

description

What a cute & fluffy read! Had me laughing and "awww"-ing all throughout! This book totally deserves a 5 BLIMEY-IF-I-DIDN'T-LIKE-IT STARS!!! It was just so.... cute!

Macallan + Levi = this cute gif
description

So let's meet 11-year-old Macallan who's super excited for the start of seventh grade. Now, what
Avery TheLibrariansDaughter
Feb 14, 2013 Avery TheLibrariansDaughter marked it as to-read
Shelves: reviewed
OMG 2014???? How am I supposed to wait THAT LONG???

description

Btw yes a guy and a girl can be just friends I have tons of guy friends.

description

Why does everyone think we are dating??

Rachel ♥Reads Ravenously♥
3.75 tween romance stars!

Macallan and Levi have been friends since the seventh grade, when Levi was the new surfer kid from California and Macallan was the girl who lost her mother. The two didn’t want to be friends at first, but they end up forging a great connection anyway. Throughout the years, the two remain best friends even though everyone around them thinks they’re meant to be together. Constant drama with girlfriends, boyfriends, exfriends and others bring up the question, should they
Juliana Zapata
Una historia corta, divertida, refrescante y fácil de leer. Las voces de los personajes me encantaron, ambos, Levi y Macallan son encantadores, me gustó mucho conocer su historia desde el día en que se conocieron, la historia creció, maduró y evolucionó al mismo ritmo que los personajes.

El final a pesar de ser lo que yo quería, no era lo que me esperaba.

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
Robin (Bridge Four)
Freaking Cute!!!
 photo puss-in-boots_zpsc51feb98.png

After reading a plethora of books with the insta-love factor in them it is so nice to take a step back and read a book where you watch the relationship between two people grow over years. Levi and Macallan met in the eighth grade and became fast friends. The way they talk to one another is fun easy banter of people who really know each other inside out.

”So, Carrie, I think we need to intervene before the Levi and Macallan Show takes over. Once they get started they don’t stop.
Nick

MY FEELS!! They were all over the place after I finished reading Better Off Friends. This is the kind of book that made me want to go onto my rooftop and scream out my love for it at the top of my lungs. I haven't felt this happy after reading book ever since Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. Beware, this review will not be very eloquent. Expect tons of gushing!

I've always loved books with best-friends romances and Better Off Friends was so perfect in that department. In fact, it
Isabelle
If this books isn't the epitome of love life goals, I don't know what else is.

I read this in one day. On a school night. Ignoring my homework. Savoring each word. omfg.

Edit:

Found the best goddamn video to go with this book: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=KtDYvF...
Alexander Ayala
4.5
Un libro con una historia bastante simple, pero con grandes personajes. No es, claro esta, el mejor libro del mundo ni mucho menos, pero te hace pasar un gran momento.
Una narración simple que no te aburre en ningún momento.
Rashika (is tired)
Any guy out there want to be my best friend???
*hopeful eyes*

Yeah I figured no one would :P

But yeah this book was the sweetest thing ever and really, two good YAs in a row? SCORE?

This has angst but one of the cutest friendships in the world and all the angst was worth it in the end. GAHHHHHH

Blimey if I know what to read next.
Maru
Amo las historias de amor entre mejores amigos. Por eso, estaba segura de que este libro me iba a gustar, lo que no sabía era que me gustaría tanto. También me sorprendió que me hiciera sufrir y llorar mucho (a veces soy tan asquerosamente sensible). Y me voy dando cuenta de que la frustración siempre viene de la mano de este tipo de historias.
Este libro fue exactamente lo que necesitaba: una historia que me atrapara. Quizá el estilo haya sido demasiado "juvenil" (aunque creo que la traducción t
~Tina~

Daww, this book was just too sweet. Better off Friends, is my favorite kind of romantic since I simply adore friends-turned-romance above all. But this isn’t in the traditional swoon-worthy way I typically find in my reads, instead this really focus on the friendship and going through the motions of having a best friend of the opposite sex and trying to figure out how to handle all of the wonderful and conflicting emotions that comes with it. This book asks the question everyone at one
♥ Sarah
This was so adorable, cute and perfect for a cozy, rainy-day, pick-me-up read.
description

You know the story. The one where Girl meets Boy at a young age and they become fast friends by some stroke of fate – a commonality, an understanding, a simple smile, or a wave hello; the kind that screams, Potential Best Friend!

For Macallan & Levi, it was their mutual love for “Buggy and Floyd” their favorite BBC show that cemented their 7th grade BFF status. But of course, that simple status grows into much mor
Gillian

Rating: Cute and funny, if insubstantial.

Originally posted at Writer of Wrongs

This book is so adorable it will make your teeth ache and brighten even the most rotten of moods. I read it nearly straight through on a cross-continental plane ride, and it certainly made for a pleasant and entertaining trip. This book won't end up being very memorable to me, though, and that's because it doesn't quite go deep enough. It doesn't dig into the characters the way I like, nor does it have much of an overa
Erica
There is nothing like an Elizabeth Eulberg book, but this one really took the cake. I just can't even. It was SO CUTE. I was simply blown away by this one, and am sure you will be too.

It made my heart warm with all the Wisconsinisms it featured. There's this scene where Macallan is giving Levi a tour of the school and says the bubbler is at the end of the hall, and he has no idea what it is. I have done that SO MANY TIMES. Bubbler is a water fountain, but apparently no one else uses that :)

Ther
Anatea Oroz
I was afraid I wouldn't like this one, but I'm glad that wasn't the case.

Review to come.
Aimee
May 16, 2014 Aimee rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Aimee by: Kimi (Geeky Chiquitas)
*Warning:The general plot of Better Off Friends will be explained in this review. Beware!

After seeing so many people rooting for the two main characters, I was more than eager to check this out for myself. To be honest, when I first saw it on NetGalley, I wasn't hugely interested. But when the reviews stating this book was "adorable and lovable" all came out, and I definitely had to pick it up myself.

You may or may not know that I have a weakness for romances between two best friends. It's like,
Liza Wiemer
I absolutely loved, loved, loved, loved this novel, and since it's set in Wisconsin, it made it even better. Levi is, as my friends at Swoony Boys Podcast would say, totally swoon worthy! Told in alternating points of view, BETTER OFF FRIENDS IS contemporary YA novel perfection. <3 <3
I can't wait for this novel to be released to the world so that EVERYONE can enjoy it! Mark your calendars for February 25th! From what I understand, Elizabeth's launch party will be taking place at Boswell Bo
Louisa
(3.5 stars)

Can girls and boys ever be just friends?... is a question I've struggled with for years myself. It's a fact of life that we're wired differently. Things change when we grow up. That's what best friends Levi and Macallan (yes, like the whiskey) have to contend with, when Levi moves to Macallan's Wisconsin hometown in the seventh grade.

I've read all of Eulberg's books by now, and I have to confess I love her style of narration. The things her characters go through feel realistic. They m
Martina
3.6 estrellas

No puedo evitar dejar de leer este género. En serio. ¿Por qué será que me encantan las relaciones de mejores amigos que lentamente terminan enamorándose? Y eso que he leído como unas quince o veinte, sin exagerar (contando fanfiction lol).

Better off Friends es una novela encantadora. La forma en que la autora plasma la relación de los dos personajes principales, Levi y Macallan, es simplemente encantadora. Desde el principio al final te tiene esperando lo inevitable y no te arrepien
Anne
I received a digital arc from NetGalley and the publisher.

It's being called the When Harry Met Sally for young adults, so right off the bat, I wanted it.
I mean, is there anyone out there who didn't love that movie?!
But this book isn't some rip-off retelling of the movie, so don't worry. No, it's just a really good book about two kids who meet in seventh grade, and how they form an unlikely friendship over the years.

Anybody who has ever had a really close friendship with someone of the opposite s
Ariana
Honey-and-sugar sweet.
4.5 stars. Review to come!

I am in the mood for a cute love story.
Why isn't this book out already?! :D
Tormenta
2015 Reading Challenge: #44 Escrito en otro idioma.

No pensé que iba a tardar tanto en leer este libro, tiene pocas páginas y la lectura es tan amena y fácil que esa es la única razón por la cual pude terminarlo. Hace mucho que dejé de leer libros en inglés y la falta de práctica me dejó bastante inexperta. Quería volver a leer en inglés con un libro fácil, no tan complicado y que fuera de esos que te dejan respirar. Este es el libro perfecto (para los que quieren empezar leer en inglés).

"You’ll
Danny Phanton
Reseña completa en mi blog: La cueva de Danny.

Un libro fácil y rápido de leer para distraerte.

No hay mucho que decir del libro, simplemente es bobo, pero bastante entretenido y fácil de leer que se agradece, tiene bastante humor y me hizo reír unas cuantas veces, la amistad entre Macallan y Levi fue linda, me gusto aunque ellos me desesperaban porque nada más no se decidían. (view spoiler)

Pero es un libro que recomiend
Monserrat Maxfield Markov
description

El libro me sorprendido ni tenía expectativas ni nada, pero no me imaginaba algo así. Es tan lindo este libro. Me dejo con una sonrisota. Solo el final no me gusto, demasiado apresurado. Lo que más me gusto del libro fueron esas hojas en gris al final de cada capítulos las ame.

PD. Me enamoré de la portada que trajeron a México y del titulo ¿Y si quedamos como amigos?
Helen
Yes, yes and yes!!!! Oh my gosh, this was amazing! I just finished it and let me tell you, this is straight up relationship goals. I love these characters and the uncle especially. He was so nice! It's very short but it didn't seem that way. It was so cute and I cried and I got excited for both of them and it was perfect! I just wanted there to be more! Definitely pick this up. Please.
Books like this..?! 1 9 Jun 24, 2015 12:30PM
  • #16thingsithoughtweretrue
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
  • Heartbeat
  • My Faire Lady
  • Wish You Were Italian (If Only . . . #2)
  • Ask Again Later
  • Something Real (Something Real, #1)
  • Another Little Piece of My Heart
  • Boys Like You
  • On the Fence
  • Not in the Script (If Only . . . #3)
  • Me Since You
  • The Break-Up Artist
  • Solving for Ex
The short and sweet version:
Elizabeth Eulberg was born and raised in Wisconsin before heading off to college at Syracuse University and making a career in the New York City book biz. Now a full-time writer, she is the author of The Lonely Hearts Club, Prom & Prejudice, Take a Bow, Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality, Better Off Friends, and We Can Work it Out. She lives outside of M
More about Elizabeth Eulberg...
The Lonely Hearts Club (The Lonely Hearts Club, #1) Prom and Prejudice Take a Bow Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality We Can Work It Out (The Lonely Hearts Club, #2)

“Silence fell between us. This was a common occurrence whenever we’re alone. When you’re comfortable with someone, you don’t need to always fill the void with noise. I liked it when we would just be.” 68 likes
“On a scale from one to ten, how much of a pain was I after my injury?
And please be honest.

Do you think I would hold back on you?

Unfortunately, no.

On a scale from one to ten? Thirteen.

Fair enough.

Now I have a question for you.
On a scale from one to ten, how annoyed were you that I was going to the dance with someone else?

Infinity.”