Start by marking “The Dragon Hunters (The Dragon Brothers Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Dragon Hunters (The Dragon Brothers Trilogy, #1)

The Dragon Hunters (The Dragon Brothers Trilogy #1)

The Dragon Hunters, a children's picture book, is the first of The Dragon Brothers trilogy of books. It follows the adventures of Flynn and Paddy who, when their dog is swiped by a passing dragon, go to the rescue.

"Brilliant"
The New Zealand Herald

"Charming"
Australian Women's Weekly

*****
Brunch book club
Hardcover, First, 32 pages
Published November 17th 2012 by Dragon Brothers Books Ltd (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Dragon Hunters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dragon Hunters

Pop Bop
Nov 28, 2016 Pop Bop rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A Fun Adventure, in Verse

A dragon kidnaps the brothers' dog, and so it's off to the dragon's lair to rescue the canine kidnappee. That's certainly fun, and the drawings are colorful, energetic, and clearly support the story.

But what I most appreciated was the author's ambitious decision to tell the story in verse. It isn't done in a sing-song scheme, and the rhymes aren't too tortured. Here's an example: "Their mother woke and saw them gone. Said she, 'I have a hunch: they've gone to look for Co
Emma
Jul 09, 2014 Emma rated it it was amazing
A really wonderful children's book. The first instalment of a trilogy, it follows the the brothers Paddy and Flynn, fans of breakfast, adventures, and dragons. Told by rhyming verse, the story is funny, heartwarming and entertaining, complemented by Choi's fantastic illustrations.

With the current popularity of Peter Jackson's 'The Hobbit' series, with it's infamous greedy, clever and arrogant Smaug, this book is released at the perfect time for its audience, and the maps in the book are even re
Andy
Jul 21, 2014 Andy rated it it was ok
I think I was expecting something better - I've seen this hyped up a lot and had it in my hands a few times thinking to purchase but never quite got there.

The story is simplicity itself, sparsely so, but it's the execution that lets us down. The rhyming is a little shonky with some poor flow in places and it's really not that interesting. The opening page map promises so much and delivers very little, presumably saving things for the other books. And why a trilogy? This would have worked as a si
Trisha Hope
Jan 30, 2016 Trisha Hope rated it it was amazing
Paddy and Flynn were two brave little boys. They took all their bravery and accomplished a great dead! They saved their dog from the dragon! I can not wait for more of the Dragon Brothers Trilogy!
Cat
Cat rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2014
Cliona
Cliona rated it it was amazing
James Russell
Feb 17, 2014 James Russell rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2014
Z.R. Southcombe
Z.R. Southcombe rated it liked it
May 07, 2016
Shayan Kashif
Shayan Kashif rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2015
Matt
Matt rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Kathleen Dixon
Kathleen Dixon rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2015
Jessica Patterson
Jessica Patterson rated it it was amazing
Ren Forsythe
Ren Forsythe rated it it was amazing
Keir Rice
Keir Rice marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
Katie Day
Katie Day marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Cynthia Varady
Cynthia Varady marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Corinne
Corinne marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2016
I am the author of The Dragon Brothers Trilogy of children's books - made up The Dragon Hunters, The Dragon Tamers and The Dragon Riders.
After 8 years of looking for a wife in Ireland I brought her back to Auckland where we live with our two adventurous boys.
More about James Russell...

The Dragon Brothers Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Dragon Tamers (The Dragon Brothers Trilogy, #2)
  • The Dragon Riders (The Dragon Brothers Trilogy, #3)