Start by marking “The Only Way to Learn Astrology, Volume 1: Basic Principles” as Want to Read:
The Only Way to Learn Astrology, Volume 1: Basic Principles

The Only Way to Learn Astrology, Volume 1: Basic Principles

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  9 reviews
THE ONLY WAY TO...LEARN ASTROLOGY, VOL.I, 2E, is a step-by-step teaching guide for learning astrology. Each chapter is presented in lesson format with test questions at the end to assure the reader thoroughly understands the material covered.
Published October 1st 1997 by ACS Publications (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about The Only Way to Learn Astrology, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Only Way to Learn Astrology, Volume 1

Mai
It's not the only way to learn Astrology but a good start to know about the basics ,Actually i knew so much about Astrology from reading websites and blogs then i start reading books and it added to me more depth and new info.What I liked about that book ,that it gives detailed description for planets in each sign .I skipped through parts of it though ,may be i will read it again later
Yannis Theodossis
There surely are plenty of other ways to learn astrology. And astrology is much more than could ever be covered in a book. But this is a good book to get to know with the basics of astrology. As it says, it's just basic principles. Yet these are covered adequately enough to put an aspiring astrologer to the right path. Just remember that the true only way to learn astrology is to make horoscopes by yourself and read them.
Tina Tipton
This whole series is very accessible, with clear writing and well laid out lessons. I appreciated how I had to learn the "vocabulary" of astrology; learning the symbols of the signs and houses before moving on. A wonderful series. I highly recommend the whole series, with this, the first book, as my favorite. It gives you a strong foundation, which is vital for further studies and interpretations.
Bee Kapitan
Apr 11, 2011 Bee Kapitan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: astrology students
Wow..this book is a reprint from 1986 and it's still full of excellent information regarding placement of planets in the different houses.

If you are looking to have a better understanding of your life's challenges and rewards, this book is an excellent tool to work injunction with your astro chart.
Lina
Feb 20, 2010 Lina rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: other
It´s a nice introduction. Didn´t like much the second part though. The descriptions are too repetitive and kind of uninspired (ok, it´s for beginners); besides, at least for me, it seems that there are some missing links between traits described in the first part and in the second.
Kathy Kaylor
This is the book to begin with. I learned the basics with this and volume II. The material is presented in an order that I believe makes it easier to comprehend and remember.
Erin
This series is an excellent way to learn about astrology. I used all three volumes as my basics, and included a few others too.
Rita
For a study this is the perfect book.
George
This was an excellent book if you want to learn more about the subject. It was recommended by my English teacher many years ago. I did not realize there were more volumes.
Vikas Verma
Vikas Verma marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Holly Clark
Holly Clark marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Abby Grace
Abby Grace marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Felipe
Felipe marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Sunithagannamaneni
Sunithagannamaneni marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Khushboonakwal
Khushboonakwal marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Daliborka
Daliborka marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Ajay
Ajay marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Abby Grace
Abby Grace marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Hoàng Hùng
Hoàng Hùng marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Jeff Barrett
Jeff Barrett marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Stephen Arroyo's Chart Interpretation Handbook: Guidelines for Understanding the Essentials of the Birth Chart
  • Saturn: A New Look at an Old Devil
  • Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living
  • The Inner Sky: How to Make Wiser Choices for a More Fulfilling Life
  • The Twelve Houses: Introduction to the Houses in Astrological Interpretation
  • Aspects in Astrology: A Guide to Understanding Planetary Relationships in the Horoscope
  • The Astrologer's Handbook
  • Parker's Astrology: The Definitive Guide to Using Astrology in Every Aspect of Your Life (New Edition)
  • Karmic Astrology, Vol. 1: The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation
  • Astrology For Dummies
  • The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need
  • Pluto, Volume I: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul (Llewellyn Modern Astrology Library)
  • Astrology: A Cosmic Science
  • Edgar Cayce on the Akashic Records
  • Linda Goodman's Sun Signs
  • Creating True Prosperity
  • The Medicine Wheel: Earth Astrology
The Only Way to Learn Astrology, Volume 2: Math & Interpretation Techniques The Only Way to Learn Astrology, Volume 3: Horoscope Analysis The Only Way to Learn About Tomorrow: Current Patterns: Progressions, Directions, Solar and Lunar Returns, Transits (The Only Way to Learn Astrology, #4) The Only Way to Learn about Horary and Electrical Astrology, Volume 6 The Only Way to Learn About Relationships, Vol. 5: Synastry Techniques