Start by marking “The Holocaust, the Church, and the Law of Unintended Consequences: How Christian Anti-Judaism Spawned Nazi Anti-Semitism” as Want to Read:

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The image of Jews as "God-killers" and their refusal to convert to Christianity has fueled a long tradition of Christian intolerance, hatred, and violence. It is no surprise, then, that when Adolf Hitler advocated the elimination of Jews, he found willing allies within the Catholic Church and Christianity itself.

In this study, author Anthony J. Sciolino, himself a Catholic
ebook
Published December 26th 2012 by iUniverse.com

Be the first to ask a question about The Holocaust, the Church, and the Law of Unintended Consequences

Lewis Weinstein
Sciolino provides a useful overview of a truly despicable history. In particular, he shows how the Catholic Church supported the Enabling Act of 1933 which gave Hitler dictatorial powers, and that the Church never objected to the deportation and murder of Jews in the 1940s, of which they were well aware.

For my purposes, there were several references to Cardinal Michael Faulhaber of Munich which will be helpful to me in my novel-in-progress.

Cardinal Faulhaber … is a fascinating character. In the
Ken
I've put this down for later. I started it with enthusiasm, based on the general buzz I've heard. My interested slowed down suddenly when I read something to the effect that Jesus and his followers were uneducated. This may very well have been true for the disciples, but the record of the teaching in the temple illustrates that it was not true of Jesus. Maybe I'll get back to it and give it a second chance.
Patty Lazarus mcmullen
Very interesting topic written by a very interesting guy
Peter Bradley
Peter Bradley is currently reading it
Dec 20, 2014
Gerald C. Coughlin
Gerald C. Coughlin marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Pamela Stadden
Pamela Stadden marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Cindie Harp
Cindie Harp marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Pat K
Pat K marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Lewis Weinstein
Lewis Weinstein is currently reading it
Aug 20, 2014
Virginia L. Wenner
Virginia L. Wenner marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Sherri
Sherri marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Kenneth Pell
Kenneth Pell marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Panashe M.
Panashe M. marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014