Start by marking “Content Everywhere: Strategy and Structure for Future-Ready Content” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Content Everywhere: St...
Sara Sara Wachter-Boettcher

Content Everywhere: Strategy and Structure for Future-Ready Content

Care about content? Better copy isn't enough. As devices and channels multiply--and as users expect to relate, share, and shift information quickly--we need content that can go more places, more easily. Content Everywhere will help you stop creating fixed, single-purpose content and start making it more future-ready, flexible, reusable, manageable, and meaningful wherever ...more
Published December 1st 2012 by Rosenfeld Media (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Content Everywhere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Content Everywhere

May 18, 2014 Stacey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was asked to read this book for work and thought, "eh, ok, I'll probably learn something." Work picked very well! I loved this book. Wachter-Boettcher begins by discussing the WYSIWYG strategy of yore: "what you see is what you get." I was sold! This book is very much about thinking about how the reader engages with content and how the reader's wants will change based on the device selected (desktop, mobile, tablet). As a blogger, I was immediately captivated by thinking about navigation strat ...more
Holly Allison
Having read other content strategy books recently (e.g. The Elements of Content Strategy) and been disappointed by their lack of clarity and direction, this was a refreshing read! Content Everywhere is clearly written and organised and filled with practical tips. I'd recommend this to anyone interested in an introduction to creating highly considered content that is meaningful and findable in the present and adaptable for the future.
Maurizio Scalari
Libro utile per chi si occupa di contenuti in ambito digitale. Offre diversi spunti su come organizzare meglio i contenuti ottimizzandoli per il responsive design e per il loro utilizzo su piattaforme diverse da quella originale. Una stella in meno per qualche ripetizione di troppo degli stessi concetti.
Oct 20, 2016 Liz rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Informative writing can be entertaining. A few sassy sentences don't do it. This book is so dense it's not effective.
Aug 17, 2013 Laurian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ux, non-fiction
I was a little worried by the introduction, which sounded like a book about database design masked as IA. What I really wanted was a book that talked about the shifting landscape of the same pieces of web content being all of the place and what that means for how users and content creators interact with the content. This book did a pretty good job of addressing the basics of those issues. I think what I really wanted was a more research-based book with a set of case studies, but I will now go fo ...more
Laura Bailey
Nov 16, 2013 Laura Bailey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A gentle introduction to thinking about content decoupled from form and the importance of doing so with regard to publishing everywhere your customers would like you to do so. More of a meditation on this topic than a how-to, but that's all I was looking for in the first place. A good introduction to the issues you are likely to face as you try to stop thinking about a specific, rigid output format.
Apr 12, 2013 Loucaspapa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read on how the content landscape has changed, and how to adapt to it if you're a content strategist, an IAer or a UXer. As a UX person myself, without that much of experience on Content Strategy projects so far, I found the book very useful, helping me shape a good picture on the role of Content Strategy and its place next to other concepts such as Mobile First, Responsive Design, etc.
Now, it's time to get hands on... What about you?
Apr 23, 2016 TJ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: work
If I had read this a year ago, it might have blown my mind. After being immersed in the topic for months now, it all seems more no-duh than anything. Still, a good (though slightly outdated) primer on the topic of content strategy.
Mar 13, 2013 Paula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little fluffy/repetitious at the start, but stick with it. It gets meatier and provides a good discussion of the value of structuring content for reuse--and, most helpfully, how to make the case for it with business and technical teams.
May 12, 2016 Arah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perhaps due to the role I've played with CMS development and use in a few jobs I've held, a lot of what this book said was old-hat to me. However, the case studies are insightful and the evangelistic angle is an inspiring reminder of what needs to stay important.
Feb 12, 2013 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent look at how content reuse can help businesses make the most of their most important asset: content.
A little repetitive, but essential reading for content strategists. Definitely gained some fresh insights from this book, which I discovered via Sara's presentation at a Content Strategy DC meetup.
Mar 20, 2013 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good introduction to making content future-proof. The only reason I didn't give it for stars was because I hoped for more on content APIs.
Jul 07, 2014 KC rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, reference
Needed to read up on content management for work. This book is well-written, kept my interest, and provided lots of good information.
Erica McGillivray
Aug 25, 2015 Erica McGillivray rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: women-authors
Very helpful for those wrapping their heads around content modeling, portability, information architecture, and user experience.
Alan Kang
Apr 10, 2013 Alan Kang rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anyone interested in RWD or Adaptive Design should read this book. RWD is not only about design, it's more about contents.
Mike Koser
Mike Koser rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Phil Houtz
Phil Houtz rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Rachel (Kalanadi)
Rachel (Kalanadi) rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2014
Michelle rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Shayne House
Shayne House rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2016
Deb rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2013
Myriam rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2015
Andrew Maier
Andrew Maier rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2013
Rob rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2013
Simon Bostock
Simon Bostock rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Logan rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Laura rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2013
Liz Krogh
Liz Krogh rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2013
Josh Dougherty
Josh Dougherty rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Content Strategy for Mobile
  • Managing Enterprise Content: A Unified Content Strategy
  • Prototyping: A Practitioner's Guide
  • Content Strategy at Work: Real-world Stories to Strengthen Every Interactive Project
  • Card Sorting
  • See What I Mean: How to Use Comics to Communicate Ideas
  • Mental Models: Aligning Design Strategy with Human Behavior
  • Search Patterns: Design for Discovery

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »