Start by marking “Content Everywhere: Strategy and Structure for Future-Ready Content” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Content Everywhere: St...

Sara Sara Wachter-Boettcher

Content Everywhere: Strategy and Structure for Future-Ready Content

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Care about content? Better copy isn't enough. As devices and channels multiply--and as users expect to relate, share, and shift information quickly--we need content that can go more places, more easily. Content Everywhere will help you stop creating fixed, single-purpose content and start making it more future-ready, flexible, reusable, manageable, and meaningful wherever ...more
Published December 1st 2012 by Rosenfeld Media (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Content Everywhere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Content Everywhere

Stacey
I was asked to read this book for work and thought, "eh, ok, I'll probably learn something." Work picked very well! I loved this book. Wachter-Boettcher begins by discussing the WYSIWYG strategy of yore: "what you see is what you get." I was sold! This book is very much about thinking about how the reader engages with content and how the reader's wants will change based on the device selected (desktop, mobile, tablet). As a blogger, I was immediately captivated by thinking about navigation strat ...more
Greg J.
Competent overview of content strategy for the (post) “metadata is the new art direction” era. Wachter-Boettcher does a good job surveying the separation of content into codified chunks, and dutifully communicates *why* we need to do this (devices, APIs, etc.). A worthwhile read for anyone who designs publishing workflows or does the much more glamorous janitorial work of cleaning them up.
Laurian
I was a little worried by the introduction, which sounded like a book about database design masked as IA. What I really wanted was a book that talked about the shifting landscape of the same pieces of web content being all of the place and what that means for how users and content creators interact with the content. This book did a pretty good job of addressing the basics of those issues. I think what I really wanted was a more research-based book with a set of case studies, but I will now go fo ...more
Tridib Chowdhury
There is now a paradigm shift in content writing and this book talks about it.
Bruce
A great book on content strategy.
Loucaspapa
Excellent read on how the content landscape has changed, and how to adapt to it if you're a content strategist, an IAer or a UXer. As a UX person myself, without that much of experience on Content Strategy projects so far, I found the book very useful, helping me shape a good picture on the role of Content Strategy and its place next to other concepts such as Mobile First, Responsive Design, etc.
Now, it's time to get hands on... What about you?
Laura Bailey
A gentle introduction to thinking about content decoupled from form and the importance of doing so with regard to publishing everywhere your customers would like you to do so. More of a meditation on this topic than a how-to, but that's all I was looking for in the first place. A good introduction to the issues you are likely to face as you try to stop thinking about a specific, rigid output format.
Paula
A little fluffy/repetitious at the start, but stick with it. It gets meatier and provides a good discussion of the value of structuring content for reuse--and, most helpfully, how to make the case for it with business and technical teams.
Jessica
A little repetitive, but essential reading for content strategists. Definitely gained some fresh insights from this book, which I discovered via Sara's presentation at a Content Strategy DC meetup.
Sue
Really good introduction to making content future-proof. The only reason I didn't give it for stars was because I hoped for more on content APIs.
KC
Needed to read up on content management for work. This book is well-written, kept my interest, and provided lots of good information.
Alan Kang
Anyone interested in RWD or Adaptive Design should read this book. RWD is not only about design, it's more about contents.
Melanie
Excellent look at how content reuse can help businesses make the most of their most important asset: content.
Bob Mabbitt
The most exciting, instructive, and terrifying chose-your-own-adventure I've ever read!
Vanessa Costa-massimo
Vanessa Costa-massimo marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Sarah Shealy
Sarah Shealy marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Ramūns Usovs
Ramūns Usovs is currently reading it
Dec 07, 2014
Beth Harper
Beth Harper marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Charlotte Babb
Charlotte Babb marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Brian Clements
Brian Clements marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Deana
Deana marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
  • Letting Go of the Words: Writing Web Content that Works
  • Designing for Emotion
  • Mental Models: Aligning Design Strategy with Human Behavior
  • Web Form Design: Filling in the Blanks
  • Information Architecture for the World Wide Web: Designing Large-Scale Web Sites
  • Information Architecture: Blueprints for the Web
  • The User Experience Team of One: A Research and Design Survival Guide
  • Seductive Interaction Design: Creating Playful, Fun, and Effective User Experiences