Start by marking “Ava the Sunset Fairy (Night Fairies #1)” as Want to Read:
Ava the Sunset Fairy (Night Fairies #1)

Ava the Sunset Fairy (Rainbow Magic #92)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  281 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The Night Fairies' magic is missing --- and now Fairyland is in the dark! Night is not right! Nothing is more magical than nighttime! The Night Fairies are careful to keep it that way . . . until their special bags of magic dust go missing. Jack Frost and his goblins are surely causing trouble again. Now Fairyland and the human world are in the dark! During Rachel and Kirs ...more
Published January 1st 2013 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published August 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Ava the Sunset Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ava the Sunset Fairy

Charla
I LIKED IT
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
Ava the Sunset Fairy is the first book in The Night Fairies series that will engage young readers as their follow the adventures of Rachel & Kirsty, who are out to help their Fairy friends against Jack Frost and his goblins. This time Jack and his goblins have stolen 7 bags with magic dust, and each one needs to be found. Without her special bag Ava isn't able to control the sunset, and it's up to Rachel & Kirsty to get it back.

This is a fun book that even my young daughter who doesn't
Brandyn
I liked this book because Kirsty and Rachel had an adventure to find Ava's dust for the sunset. The sunset was weird looking: the colors were pink, orange, purple and green. The green was very different. So the girls went on a mission to find the dust and then they found it. The goblins kept trying to get it. It was hard for them and they returned it to Ava. if you want more read it.
Dolly
Jul 24, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the first book of seven in the Rainbow Magic Night Fairies series by the group of authors who go by the pseudonym Daisy Meadows. While the stories are basically the same and follow a simple formula, they are entertaining for young girls who are starting to read chapter books and I love that our oldest is just ripping through them. We both read the books separately and talk about what happens. I'm not a huge fan of them, but each story only takes about 5-10 minutes to read. And these stor ...more
Evie
"I like that the sun didn't set because of Jack Frost and his goblins; and that there is only green clouds. Everything was only green!"
Sydney Beu
Kirsty and Rachel are going to camp. The sunset looks beautiful but then it turns green because Ava the sunset fairy lost her bag of sunset dust. The goblins try to find the bag of sunset dust but they are stopped before they can pick it up. Then Ava, Kirsty and Rachel find it during a game of hide-and-seek and they also win the game.
I'm reading these fairy books with my 6-year-old daughter and she LOVES them. I find them a bit repetitive--each book is basically the same story, with a few different characters and details--but that's good for a beginning reader. My daughter is in kindergarten and she can read these books somewhat independently now.
Lisa W.
I read it in about 25 minutes.

Rachel and Kirsty can't wait for their week at Camp Stargaze--they'll get to roast marshmallows, tell spooky stories and sleep in cool cabins--but when the Night Fairies' magic goes missing, Rachel and Kirsty have another activity to add to their list: helping their fairy friends!
Sydney
i like the part when ava reveals the sunset at the end of the book.
Maryc
may be ok for very new readers (read to share w/niece)
Shanna
Leah loved this book! Her very first chapter book.
Ava
Ava marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Ava
Ava is currently reading it
Apr 19, 2015
Sandy Pham
Sandy Pham marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Angel Tessa
Angel Tessa marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Apr 08, 2015
Suhaylah
Suhaylah marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Dashai Koplan
Dashai Koplan marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Lubna Chaudhry
Lubna Chaudhry marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Rainbow Fairy
Rainbow Fairy marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Jassmine
Jassmine marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Tiffany Ledbetter
Tiffany Ledbetter marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Mahek
Mahek marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
  • From the Mist (Disney: The Never Girls, #4)
  • Ivy and Bean and the Ghost That Had to Go (Ivy and Bean, #2)
  • Ariel: The Birthday Surprise (Disney Princess Chapter Books)
  • Ms. Leakey Is Freaky! (My Weird School Daze, #12)
  • Sylva and the Fairy Ball (The Fairy Bell Sister #1)
  • Rosetta's Daring Day (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #14)
  • Amelia Bedelia and the Cat
  • The Tower of the Elf King (The Secrets of Droon, #9)
  • The Land of the Dead (Tales from the Odyssey, #2)
  • Heidi Heckelbeck in Disguise
  • Chocolate Dreams
  • The Fran That Time Forgot (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #4)
  • Biscuit and the Lost Teddy Bear
  • Fancy Nancy: Poet Extraordinaire!
  • The Berenstain Bears' Big Bear, Small Bear
  • Dinner with OLIVIA (Olivia TV Tie-in)
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh
More about Daisy Meadows...

Rainbow Magic (1 - 10 of 205 books)
  • Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1)
  • Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2)
  • Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #3)
  • Fern The Green Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #4)
  • Sky The Blue Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #5)
  • Inky The Indigo Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #6)
  • Heather The Violet Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #7)
  • Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1)
  • Abigail The Breeze Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #9; Weather Fairies, #2)
  • Pearl The Cloud Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #10; Weather Fairies, #3)
Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1) Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2) Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1) Fern The Green Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #4) Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #3)