Start by marking “Ava the Sunset Fairy (Night Fairies #1)” as Want to Read:
Ava the Sunset Fairy (Night Fairies #1)

Ava the Sunset Fairy (Rainbow Magic #92)

The Night Fairies' magic is missing --- and now Fairyland is in the dark! Night is not right! Nothing is more magical than nighttime! The Night Fairies are careful to keep it that way . . . until their special bags of magic dust go missing. Jack Frost and his goblins are surely causing trouble again. Now Fairyland and the human world are in the dark! During Rachel and Kirs ...more
Published January 1st 2013 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published August 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Ava the Sunset Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ava the Sunset Fairy

Julia Zuklie
Sep 10, 2016 Julia Zuklie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good book for kids level N to P. It is about two girls who meet a fairy named Ava. Ava has a bag of sunbeam dust to make sure the sunset goes right. But evil Jack Frost and his goblins have stolen it. Help Ava, Rachel, and Kirsty get the magic bag of sunbeam dust back.
Charla
I LIKED IT
Melissa Namba
this is a new stores to me. it is probably targeted for girls who might read the magic treehouse. I have an 8 year old niece who reads at a higher level than this book, but I know she will enjoy it. the goblins have stolen the dust to create a sunset. it's pretty simple and straight forward. I love that the fairy king and queen are Oberon and titania.
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
Ava the Sunset Fairy is the first book in The Night Fairies series that will engage young readers as their follow the adventures of Rachel & Kirsty, who are out to help their Fairy friends against Jack Frost and his goblins. This time Jack and his goblins have stolen 7 bags with magic dust, and each one needs to be found. Without her special bag Ava isn't able to control the sunset, and it's up to Rachel & Kirsty to get it back.

This is a fun book that even my young daughter who doesn't
Dolly
Jul 24, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the first book of seven in the Rainbow Magic Night Fairies series by the group of authors who go by the pseudonym Daisy Meadows. While the stories are basically the same and follow a simple formula, they are entertaining for young girls who are starting to read chapter books and I love that our oldest is just ripping through them. We both read the books separately and talk about what happens. I'm not a huge fan of them, but each story only takes about 5-10 minutes to read. And these stor ...more
Emma B
Jan 19, 2016 Emma B rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lisa W.
I read it in about 25 minutes.

Rachel and Kirsty can't wait for their week at Camp Stargaze--they'll get to roast marshmallows, tell spooky stories and sleep in cool cabins--but when the Night Fairies' magic goes missing, Rachel and Kirsty have another activity to add to their list: helping their fairy friends!
Sydney Beu
Aug 25, 2012 Sydney Beu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Kirsty and Rachel are going to camp. The sunset looks beautiful but then it turns green because Ava the sunset fairy lost her bag of sunset dust. The goblins try to find the bag of sunset dust but they are stopped before they can pick it up. Then Ava, Kirsty and Rachel find it during a game of hide-and-seek and they also win the game.
I'm reading these fairy books with my 6-year-old daughter and she LOVES them. I find them a bit repetitive--each book is basically the same story, with a few different characters and details--but that's good for a beginning reader. My daughter is in kindergarten and she can read these books somewhat independently now.
Brandyn
Feb 14, 2015 Brandyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bryan-2015
I liked this book because Kirsty and Rachel had an adventure to find Ava's dust for the sunset. The sunset was weird looking: the colors were pink, orange, purple and green. The green was very different. So the girls went on a mission to find the dust and then they found it. The goblins kept trying to get it. It was hard for them and they returned it to Ava. if you want more read it.
Edrinboy
Oct 12, 2011 Edrinboy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i like it
Maryc
May 27, 2012 Maryc rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads
may be ok for very new readers (read to share w/niece)
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i like the part when ava reveals the sunset at the end of the book.
Gracie
Apr 24, 2016 Gracie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Toddlers to Ten Year olds
Recommended to Gracie by: My Aunt Mary
Shelves: fairies, fantasy-fun
It was... alright. Daisy Meadows should think of something new though.
Evie
Mar 22, 2015 Evie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
"I like that the sun didn't set because of Jack Frost and his goblins; and that there is only green clouds. Everything was only green!"
Isabell
Isabell rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2014
Hannah Lee
Hannah Lee rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2011
Mariane
Mariane rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2017
Avantikab
Avantikab rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2013
Brookepeters27
Brookepeters27 rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2013
Eleanor
Eleanor rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2013
Ava
Ava rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2013
Gwen
Gwen rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2012
Amandasmith
Amandasmith rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2013
Steph
Steph rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2015
Brynn
Brynn rated it did not like it
Nov 10, 2015
Zoe
Zoe rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2015
Maeve
Maeve rated it it was ok
Nov 26, 2012
  • Wedding Wings
  • Tinker Bell and the Wings of Rani (Disney Fairies Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Rosetta's Daring Day (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #14)
  • You Wouldn't Want to Be an American Pioneer!: A Wilderness You'd Rather Not Tame
  • Battle of the Best Friends
  • Ivy and Bean Break the Fossil Record (Ivy and Bean, #3)
  • You Wouldn't Want to Be at the Boston Tea Party!: Wharf Water Tea, You'd Rather Not Drink
  • Fancy Nancy: Poet Extraordinaire!
  • Tornadoes!
  • A Midsummer Night's Dream for Kids
  • Ruby In Her Own Time
  • The Story of Inventions
  • Fossils Tell of Long Ago
  • The One-Eyed Giant (Tales from the Odyssey, #1)
  • Food For Thought
  • Amelia Bedelia and the Cat
  • Dinner with OLIVIA
  • Ariel: The Shimmering Star Necklace (Disney Princess Chapter Books)
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh
More about Daisy Meadows...

Rainbow Magic (1 - 10 of 215 books)
  • Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1)
  • Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2)
  • Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #3)
  • Fern The Green Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #4)
  • Sky The Blue Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #5)
  • Inky The Indigo Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #6)
  • Heather The Violet Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #7)
  • Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1)
  • Abigail The Breeze Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #9; Weather Fairies, #2)
  • Pearl The Cloud Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #10; Weather Fairies, #3)