Start by marking “Sleuth or Dare #2: Sleepover Stakeout” as Want to Read:
Sleuth or Dare #2: Sleepover Stakeout

Sleuth or Dare #2: Sleepover Stakeout (Sleuth or Dare #2)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  196 ratings  ·  18 reviews
WHO'S OUT THERE? Norah and Darcy's detective agency, Partners in Crime, is taking on a new and chilling case. The girls' classmate, Maya, is hearing strange, crackling voices coming over the baby monitor while she's babysitting late at night. Maya is worried someone might be in danger. To help investigate, Norah and Darcy join her for a sleepover stakeout. In between eatin ...more
Published June 1st 2012 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Sleuth or Dare #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleuth or Dare #2

Rebecca
I absolutely love Kim Harrington’s books and Sleepover Stakeout was just as awesome as all the other books. I started it and had to keep reading because I was really curious about a lot of what was happening. Later on I could figure out what was going on but it was still really fun to watch the characters figure out the mystery for themselves.
This is a middle grade novel so it’s a really fast read and one that I found really enjoyable too.
The ending was very interesting and left a place for the
Charlize
Crystal Books Unbound
The Sleuth or Dare series by Kim Harrington is my first foray into middle grade and I have enjoyed every second of it! I love the mysterious atmosphere and the fact that these two twelve-year olds are trying to solve these light-hearted mysteries. They are so much fun and reminds me of how much I loved reading Harriet the Spy when I was younger!

I stayed away from middle grade for so long because I didn’t think I would like reading from the perspective of a tween. But there’s just something about
Heidi
I'm reviewing these three books together because they go together. Each book is a continuation of the previous ones, which I like. It makes it seem more realistic. Norah and Darcy are best friends. Despite some differences they complement each other nicely. Norah loves astronomy and shrugs off the title of 'nerd' believing that intelligence is something worth sharing. Darcy loves black and purple and crime shows, she also has great skills on the computer that she sometimes misuses.

In the first b
Henrietta
I enjoyed reading Partners in Crime. So, I was eager to pick up this book and dived right into it.

“Partners in Crime” is getting busy. Norah and Darcy are receiving requests from their classmates to solve mystery cases. Juggling between school work and detective investigation, Norah is feeling overwhelmed. So, when Darcy insists on doing things her way, Norah becomes annoyed and frustrated. Even though they have been best friends since fourth grade, their friendship is now getting shaky. Will No
Jan
In this second book of the Sleuth or Dare series, Norah and Darcy team up with Fiona (former mean girl) to help Maya (shy girl) discover the source of strange voices coming from her baby brother's monitor.

These books are fun and they have a lot to say to tweens. In this one we see the minor changes that seem so awful at that age (glasses, braces). And this book deals with changing friendships and bullies. It also takes on accepting misconceptions about people. And you get a nice little mystery
Shanella
The second case for Darcy and Norah, and their newest Partners in Crime addition, Fiona - a popular, fashion savvy, middle schooler.

The new case involves the quiet and shy Maya, a new student who lives on the same block as Norah’s crush. Maya has been hearing voices over the baby monitor, every Saturday night that she has been babysitting her little brother. She asks Darcy and Norah to help, and with the help of Fiona, the girls are on the case to solve the mystery.

In this installation, we are
Claire
This is a great series! It picks up straight after the last book Partners in Crime, but things haven't really been quiet for the girls as life charges on. I like that the girls' relationship is looked at a bit harder here and it's great to see that they are having all the same problems I have at that age (except I did not have a detective agency!). Spoiler!!: Cliffhanger ending! I couldn't believe it! Thankfully, I already have Framed & Dangerous waiting.
KayLee J.
My character is Norah from the book Sleepover Stake out by Kim Harrington. Norah is a girl whose super smart and kind. She doesn't care what she looks like fashion wise. Studying astronomy and helping out people is what she does in her detective club with her BFF Darcy. In the second book in this series it's not just the person she's helping who has a problem... it's her. Facing the fear of getting glasses. Sure there's the meanest boy in class,Slade taunting her. But to her all that matters is ...more
Claren

To help investigate, Norah and Darcy join her for a sleepover stakeout. In between eating snacks and watching TV, the girls are on high alert for anything suspicious. Soon, they stumble upon a mysterious secret they never could ha
PoojhaP
This book by Kim Harrington is REALLy good in my opinion. It's scary and makes you feel like turning the page because something always happens. It's never boring. One second she's at a sleepover and the next second she's searching in the woods. People will love this book.
Sriya G.
I thought the book was really good because the book was full of suspense and was like a wild goose chase[but not like an exact wild goose chase].
Norah and Darcy are the main characters.I would reccomend this book to mystery lovers and 6th and 7th graders.
Majda
this book actually talks about two girls working together and running a fake detective agency.
this also teaches children about teamwork and honesty
i thought this book was amazing
and very cool
Kathy
It was a good book, Darcy's purple braces rock!!! and Norah's glasses are awesome!!! I hope Norah and Darcy become friends again.
Stacey
Cute book--easy read, and I can see what is so appealing to young kids.
Cat
This series is just so darned cute and fun!
Mary
It was good. Please read.
Jane Killër
Jane Killër marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
EbilPhish
EbilPhish marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Jennah
Jennah added it
Feb 02, 2015
Lakelani Joseph
Lakelani Joseph marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
  • The Whispering House
  • Tracing Stars
  • Manhunt
  • The Kindling
  • Codename Zero (The Codename Conspiracy #1)
  • The Wig in the Window
  • 3 Below (Floors, #2)
  • April Fool's Day (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #19)
  • Diary of a Penguin-napper
  • The Secret Box
  • Third Lie's the Charm (The Liar Society, #3)
  • Heirs of Prophecy (The Prophecies, #1)
Kim Harrington is the author of CLARITY, PERCEPTION, THE DEAD AND BURIED, the SLEUTH OR DARE series, and FORGET ME (as K.A. Harrington). She lives in Massachusetts with her husband and son. When not writing, she's most likely reading, watching one of her favorite TV shows, or fantasizing about her next vacation.
More about Kim Harrington...

Sleuth or Dare (3 books)
  • Partners in Crime (Sleuth or Dare, #1)
  • Framed & Dangerous (Sleuth or Dare, #3)
Clarity (Clarity, #1) Perception (Clarity, #2) The Dead and Buried Partners in Crime (Sleuth or Dare, #1) Framed & Dangerous (Sleuth or Dare, #3)