Start by marking “Tomorrow Girls #4: Set Me Free” as Want to Read:
Tomorrow Girls #4: Set Me Free

Tomorrow Girls #4: Set Me Free (Tomorrow Girls #4)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  634 ratings  ·  45 reviews
In a terrifying future world, four girls must depend on each other if they want to survive. Maddie is ready for action. Louisa, Evelyn, and Rosie helped rescue her from the Alliance's grasp, and she's learned an enormous, game-changing secret: her mother is the leader of the Resistance! But reuniting with her long-absent mother is not going to be easy. As Maddie and her fr ...more
Published November 1st 2011 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Tomorrow Girls #4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tomorrow Girls #4

Rebecca
Set Me Free is the fourth and final book in the Tomorrow Girls series, and begins right where book three, With the Enemy, ended. This series is about four young girls, Louisa, Evelyn, Maddie, and Rosie, who were sent to a boarding school to keep them safe during a war between the United States and the Alliance, which happened after natural disasters destroyed part of the United States. However the girls soon learned that the school was secretly run by the Alliance and successfully escaped, joini ...more
Christina
According to Barnes & Noble, the age for this book is 10-14 years. It might actually be a couple of years below that. This book is extremely easy to read.

There are 4 books in the series and each is told from a different character's point of view. That doesn't bother me but the seeming change in personality of the characters from book to book does. I understand that each book is a completely different perspective, but it comes across as implausible when a very rough character in one book beco
Justice Yates
I haven't actually read it but i have read the rest oif themhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ...more
A. Somers
This was a satisfying conclusion to the Tomorrow Girls series. All of the loose ends are tied up. Each book in the series is narrated by one of the four main characters. The different persepectives keep the story line moving and allows the readers to view the events from different perspectives. While it is an adventure and survivial story there is just enough romance involved to turn off some male readers. I will recommend the series to my students.
Kristin
A great adventure, mystery book! It is the last book in the tomorrow girl series. Perfect for middle readers because it deals with friendships and new relationships without worrying that it will become too mature for MS as some young adult books do. I think this is a great introduction to dystopian novels for kids who are not ready for the length of a book like Hunger Games.
Akila
I loved the conclusion to the series. The characters were really well-developed and I loved seeing Maddie as she changed from a silent follower who felt self pity/worthlessness at times to a strong leader in these last two books with her discovery.... (Also the third book ended with a great twist.) In fact it was nice to see all of them throughout the journey. This was by far my favorite book of the series and all the twists and turns in the book were unexpected (especially Drew's mom).... I tho ...more
Leisa Pulliam
Read the whole series, it was very good! I will be getting all four books for my classroom.
Liz
Yumi Learner
A couple of weeks ago, I read the book series "Tomorrow Girls" in English without using a dictionary. It has a 4-book series and 4 different main character speak in the each different book. So, when I started reading the second one, I really got confused because in the second one, the main character was different from the first book.

The book series was so interesting that I couldn't put down my Kindle, and I finished reading all of them for 2 weeks. The story belongs to the near future novel and
Robert
Pseudo spoilers:

I decided to review this series as a whole because if it had been printed normally, the whole series would have been maybe one 250 page book (or seven Dumas pages). I liked this series, but there was absolutely nothing special or unique about it. Also, and maybe I'm being overly critical, but a lot of aspects just made me feel like the author is lazy. When she introduces the male characters, she just makes them the same as her female characters instead of writing new personalitie
Marcia
Not as great a conclusion as I had hoped for, but good enough.
I always have a hard time with youth fiction where children disobey authority and save the world, but such is the nature of youth fiction.
And even though the kids disobeyed, they still portreyed the adult figures with respect and intelligence (not the bungling idiot adults that often fill the pages of childrens' books).
While this series has a tidy ending, the author still leaves it wide open for more books with these same characters i
Rebecca
This book was ok. Not as good as the second and third books in the series. Everything seemed to tie up a little too easily and there were several instances in the book that led to this that were too simple (the stadium, Dizzy, the friendly gang members). I do like books that tie up most loose ends, which this one did. I just think it could have been done with more drama and less coincidences. Overall it was a good series that I enjoyed reading.
The Styling Librarian
Tomorrow Girls – Set Me Free by Eva Gray - Conclusion of the series! So happy to enjoy the rest of this series, well done with the conclusion. Quite a happy one to be honest, surprised me after other book series dealing with the future had heartwrenching endings. I found a connection to Kate Messner’s fantastic book Eye of the Storm- with weather changes and impact.
Nanci Booher
This book was written from Maddie's point of view. She learns a secret about her mom and then learns a secret about Ryan's mom. Friends through and through, Maddie and Louisa are back on good ground and they both have learned to accept others in spite of their differences. I would be anxious to see if the series continues on when the characters are older.
Anna
How do I read it on here?
REBECCA
I enjoyed this entire series. I will be recommending them for my reluctant 7th grade students. I think it is great that the characters are age appropriate. I love the 4 different strong female main characters. I love the references to other classic works. Far fetched? Who knows. A fun read? Absolutely! A series that didn't drag in forever is another plus!
Marieke vanErven
This book, like the rest of the series was absolutely great. Eva Gray is an amazing author, I read this book whenever I had time, even if it was just a minute. What a way to end off the series! I loved the suspenseful moments and am looking for more books by Eva Gray. I will recommend this book to many others just like the rest of the series.
Mwoolf
A 6th grade student got me reading this series when she wrote about it in her reading journal in the library. The fun thing about the four books is that each book is voiced by a different main character so that you really get to know them and their perspective as they make their way through an America that is at war .
Danae The Bookhoe
I absolutely loved reading this series, it was so addicting. I read these books a while ago and it had been a while since I enjoyed a book that much. I loved the characters, I loved how each book changed POV's between the main characters. However, I didn't like the ending, mainly because I never wanted it to end.
Denise Koopman
Ok I just finished the last of the Tomorrow Girls.They were Fabulous.Goodness they were never boring or stayed on a certain thing for several chapters.It kept moving and you could not wait to see what was going to happen next.great big 2 thumbs up for this author and her books.I do hope more comes out..Wow!!!!
Tweller83
Strong female characters and a surprisingly good plot elevates this book in my estimation. I really enjoyed the series and plan to recommend to my sixth graders. Liked that each book was told from a different girls' point of view and that girl took on a leadership role.
Chelsey
Loved this book and series pretty much. It was so filled with action and Drama I didn't know what was going to happen next. This series would be considered an easy read to me. And I'm not complaining how the author ended the book but I so wish the series was a bit longer.
Sam
This book was amazing! I couldn't believe that Maddie's mom was the Hornet. The ending is such a cliffhanger though. I wish Eva Gray gave more info as to what happens with the war and the group. Overall, it was an okay book.
Kristen Benzo
A good ending to the series. I like the way the author used all four main characters to tell the story (one per book). Strong main characters who overcome obstacles by learning to work together and rely on each others' skills.
Val
I liked the way this series ended better than some of the other dystopia novels I have read.
Edacheeky
This series is a good middle-grade/tween read but i DNF the last novel in the series because my friend told me it wasn't a good ending (bad decision not to read it! ...but oh well)
Rhonda
Good series, overall. It has a hunger games feel of resisting the government without all the kids killing each other violence. There were enough twists and turns to keep it interesting.
Janet Jones

Still feel it is adventurous enough to keep even reluctant readers engaged. Great for readers struggling with the Hunger Games but still interested in female protagonists.
Erin Hicks
I enjoyed this book and think it was an excellent way to end the series. But the problem is that It leaves so many questions unanswered. Will the war stop? Please tell me!!!!!
  • A Boy and His Bot
  • The City of Ember: The Graphic Novel
  • The Always War
  • Love-shy
  • The Surge (Storm Runners, #2)
  • What the Dog Said
  • Dead Earth: The Green Dawn
  • The Friendship Matchmaker
  • The Guardians
  • Collision Course (Titanic, #2)
  • Planet Middle School
  • Sugar and Spice (Confectionately Yours, #3)
  • Cupcake Tycoon (Babymouse, #13)
  • The Seventeenth Swap
  • After the Snow
  • A Way Through The Sea (Young Underground)
  • Apocalypse (Rapture Trilogy, #3)
  • Valley of the Shadow
Eva Gray lives in Chicago and enjoys reading, cooking, and camping. Though she doesn't expect to need them in the near future, Eva keeps lots of extra batteries for her flashlight and a stock of canned food in her pantry.

More about Eva Gray...
Behind the Gates (Tomorrow Girls, #1) Run for Cover (Tomorrow Girls #2) With the Enemy (Tomorrow Girls, #3) Tomorrow Girls Book Set (Tomorrow Girls, #1-3) Tomorrow Girls Set 1 (Tomorrow Girls, #1-2)