Start by marking “Don't Sit on My Lunch” as Want to Read:
Don't Sit on My Lunch

Don't Sit on My Lunch (Ready, Freddy! #4)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  242 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Watch out, Junie B., there's a new kid on the block! It's Freddy Thresher, a 1st grader who knows it's a jungle out there. Here's the fourth in a new series by an elementary teacher who's seen it all. "I have a problem. A really, really, big problem. I want to try out for the peewee hockey team, but so does Max . . ." Bullies are a problem in school, and Max Sellars is the ...more
Published November 1st 2011 by Scholastic Inc. (first published February 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Sit on My Lunch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Sit on My Lunch

Eydie Aremburg
Category: Audio (Easy Reader)

Genre: Fiction

Interest Level: Grade Grade 1-3

Reading Level: Lexile 500; DRA 20; Guided Reading L

Brief description: First graders Freddy Thresher and bully Max Sellars try out for the one available position on the ice hockey team.

Identify at least 2 characteristics of this genre(s) and sub-genre and discuss how they appear in your book: A characteristics of audio books is that the reader should use well-placed inflections and tones, conveying the prose through engagi
J Patrick
I wish I could offer something positive, but as a parent, I can't recommend any of the books in this series. (They were given to us by a friend and I'm getting rid of them as quickly as I can sneak them away from my child, who loves them unfortunately). They are poorly written and formulaic. The characters are stereotypes and never develop in any way. There is the Bully, the Princess, the Tomboy, the Brain and our 'Hero' the mediocre kid Freddy who admires some of his friends but never thinks of ...more
Kelly Tisdale
This was a great book to read about bullying and would be great to begin a discussion in my future classroom. This book could be used to give a student a perspective on how to react or treat bullies and that in the end the person bullying just wants to fit in. I was glad that Freddy and Max were able to be on the team together. I also like that the author of these books was a teacher first so she knows what to write and how to write to help students in life and in reading.
Kim Harris
Freddy, urged by his good friend Jessie, decides to tryout for the last remaining spot on the Hammerheads hockey team. But bully, Max Sellars, wants that spot too. Can he convince his mom and win the spot from tough guy Max.

I read this book aloud to my 1st grade classes at the end of the year and they loved it. It was a great way to introduce the series.
Janice Cheung
This book is fun because there is a bully in the class called Max.The Hammer heads the hockey team needs 1 more player. Max and Jessie are having a bet of who will get the spot.alert alert: they both win because 1 player dropped out
The mom was a little too over protective, and the dad "barks/snaps" at his children a bit too often. Freddy doesn't have a lot of character development. Not a favorite.
Kalin Alba
it was a good book. i thought it ws cool how jessi stuck out for freddy, and i think girls can can do sports like hocky too, so it was mean how max made fun of her.
Nov 15, 2014 Abdurahman marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
this is a very nice book abby klein is a smart person for writing this book
funny little book gives you a laugh i think anyone would like it
Maxine Zarnowiec
It was a great book about bullying! My youngest enjoyed it.
Jun 24, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
This book addressed a few issues such as bullying and not giving up on your goals. I liked that the illustrator has 'fin' in every picture. Freddy really likes sharks, so he tries out for a hockey team called hammerheads. He is fighting for one spot on the team and the class bully is fighting for the same spot. There are shark facts in the back of the book along with a mad lib.
Book 4 in the Ready, Freddy series. Typical series book appropriate for probably 2nd grade or younger. Story is about a 1st grader dealing with a bully, a miserable older sister, and an overprotective mom. Perfectly nice book for boys, especially those who are into sports--this one talks about ice hockey.
Another great adventure in the Ready Freddy series. Freddy wants to join the local hockey team, but first he has to deal with the class bully. Funny and interesting, this story should keep beginning readers enjoying the book.
This time Freddy is trying to get on a hocky team even though it is his mothers nightmare. The biggest bully in the school is trying out against him. Grades 2+
This a nice book. Good for passing time since it is very short but whenever i forget my book at school i imidietly turn to this series
Freddy joins a ice hokey team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My son really enjoys the Ready Freddy books.
Read along with Blake to quiz him.
Gael added it
Sep 26, 2015
Heidi P
Heidi P is currently reading it
Sep 16, 2015
Michelle Popa
Michelle Popa marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Stephanie Woods
Stephanie Woods is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2015
  • Cam Jansen and the Mystery Writer Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #27)
  • Muttley (The Puppy Place, #20)
  • The Christmas Party from the Black Lagoon
  • The Case of the Christmas Snowman (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, No. 2)
  • Never Swim in Applesauce (Roscoe Riley Rules, #4)
  • The School Skeleton (A to Z Mysteries, #19)
  • Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6)
  • Andrew Lost In the Bathroom (Andrew Lost, #2)
  • Nate the Great Talks Turkey
Abby Klein was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. She earned her teaching credentials at Dartmouth College, where she majored in psychology and education. She then went on to earn her master's degree in reading and language development at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.

Currently she teaches in the same public elementary school she attended as a child in the Los Angeles area. She
More about Abby Klein...

Ready, Freddy! (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1)
  • The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!, #2)
  • Homework Hassles (Ready, Freddy!, #3)
  • Talent Show Scardey-Pants (Ready, Freddy! #5)
  • Help! A Vampire's Coming! (Ready, Freddy!, #6)
  • Yikes Bikes! (Ready, Freddy!, #7)
  • Halloween Fraidy-Cat (Ready, Freddy! #8)
  • Shark Tooth Tale (Ready, Freddy!, #9)
  • Super-Secret Valentine (Ready, Freddy!, #10)
  • The Pumpkin Elf Mystery (Ready, Freddy!, #11)
Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1) Homework Hassles (Ready, Freddy!, #3) The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!, #2) Help! A Vampire's Coming! (Ready, Freddy!, #6) Halloween Fraidy-Cat (Ready, Freddy! #8)