Start by marking “Buddy (The Puppy Place, #5)” as Want to Read:
Buddy (The Puppy Place, #5)

Buddy (The Puppy Place #5)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  1,123 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
Welcome to the Puppy Place! This Little Apple series features a lovable new puppy in every book. And it's Charles and Lizzie Peterson's job to find every puppy the perfect home. Charles and Lizzie Peterson are very good with puppies. They want one of their own, but their mom has never been ready for them to have one full time. For now, they help take care of puppies that n ...more
Published November 1st 2011 by Scholastic (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Buddy, please sign up.

Granine Lizzie goes to the animal shelter to help out like she does every Saturday, when she asked what dogs are new, there is skipper. but they are also…moreLizzie goes to the animal shelter to help out like she does every Saturday, when she asked what dogs are new, there is skipper. but they are also puppies! Lizzie tells her mom that they should foster them. she agrees. They take them home and name them Cinnamon, Cocoa,and Buddy. buddy isn't getting enough food from his mother because his sisters are pushing them away. in the end, they find good homes for all of them. one home is very close by..(less)

Katherine E
Apr 04, 2011 Katherine E rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This hysterical realistic fiction is about a mother and 3 puppies who were found next to a firehouse when a firefighter found them.He took them to a animal shelter named caring paws.But the problem is that caring paws doesn't have more space for the mother and 3 puppies.So, the Petersons foster the dog and puppies.What I want to remember is when the puppies were doing a food fight.I have schema with this book because I have a puppy who was as humorous as the 3 puppies.
Amanda
Aug 02, 2010 Amanda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Animal lovers
This was a cute book and a very quick read. I think young kids (5 and up) would love this book to pieces. It has a good story and is great for dog lovers or just plain animals lovers. I am a cat lover but still found a good story in this book.
Nick
Jan 27, 2011 Nick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book and I really liked it. I wish I had Buddy as a pet along with my dog Dave. He looks very cuddly.
Hannah
Sep 12, 2010 Hannah marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I love puppy place and this was a cute book.
Zoe
Dec 30, 2010 Zoe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
lizzy finally gets a puppy
Brittney
really cute little kid book
Bailey
Feb 23, 2009 Bailey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was cute!
Jacquie
Jan 09, 2017 Jacquie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good read for my daughter and me. Taking care of one puppy is always hard, but taking on to foster three puppies and their mother is an even harder task for Lizzie and her family, but one they are all willing to work together on. We haven't read these in order, but my daughter enjoys getting to read about all the dogs/puppies that get fostered and on to new homes. She is ready to move on and see what adventure is next......
Morgan
Feb 22, 2017 Morgan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so darned cute. I was crying tears of happiness. Memories were brought back from when I got my Archie boy. Such a cute story loved it.
Felicia Fisher
Twin Text Non-fiction Entry #5

I chose to pair this book with "Learning to Care for a Dog." I chose to pair these two books together because they share a commonality-dogs. In the fiction book, a family struggles to take care of a dog and her litter while trying to find them forever homes.

I chose the non-fiction for this book because children always want to have pets-especially dogs. I chose to partner the "Buddy" book with "learning to Care for a Dog" because children need to be aware of how much
Marlee
Mar 19, 2013 Marlee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun, quick read. It was interesting and exciting. My children love reading about animals, especially dogs, so this series is perfect for them. It's great that there are different children in the family for the readers to relate to. The Bean is funny.
Kayla
Dec 29, 2011 Kayla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lizzie loved some puppies and there mom skipper,she also got to foster puppy.Will she get to keep her favorite puppy (Buddy?????) This is the best book I have ever read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Susanne Davison
Jan 20, 2015 Susanne Davison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kiddy-lit
I only read this book because one of my struggling students said he loved it so much he read it twice. It was his personal copy and wanted to share with me. How could a elementary librarian refuse!
It is a sweet story about a runt of the litter puppy who needs a home and finds one!
Madison Mckenzie
Sep 16, 2011 Madison Mckenzie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lauren
It was a rely AMAZING ZNGNEY STORY About...A little dog named sickiper that has 3 little puppies.and a Foster famley that keeps the dog and its pups untel its redy for its for ever famley. Buddy is 1 of the pups along with chochlet and cohco
Alyssa
Sep 21, 2014 Alyssa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An okay book but could be way more detailed. The story of a mother and her pups and how Buddy gets sick is heart warming and you just wish the book was linger.
Ashlea
This book is like all of the other books just that its about buddy... A beagle with lots of energy. will buddy find his forever home?
Ringo Reyes
Apr 16, 2013 Ringo Reyes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy
LUV this book! got to read this! Buddy is so uber-cute! cannot believe they keep him!read this one and read the other books by Ellen miles. AWESOME BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peyton Anderson
Jun 14, 2012 Peyton Anderson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite Puppy Place book of all time! Buddy is sweet and cute, and I loved the ending. I'm very happy about what happened to him in the end.
Alaina
Feb 28, 2014 Alaina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Peterson's foster Buddy, his sister, brother and mom that all need homes but when Buddy gets sick they're not sure what to do
Amy
Jul 25, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bea-read-it
B., age 9, liked this book. She liked to get to know the story of how they ended up having a dog even though in the other books they foster dogs and give them away.
Lindsay
Not age appropriate. More for 2nd grade. If I was in second grade I would of loved it.Ellen Miles was my favorite author when I was little.
Angela
I thought it was a wonderful book, just like all of her others. But does the famous author have to get two dogs? That's a handful.
Cats
Cats rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2009
Lindsay
good book. but to young for thirteen year olds.
Tweety Singh
Tweety Singh rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2015
Xochitl
Xochitl rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2015
Amruth
Amruth rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2014
Jada
Jada rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2013
Tiffany Ledbetter
Tiffany Ledbetter rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2015
  • The Dog Who Thought He Was Santa
  • Spaniel in a Stocking (Animal Ark: Holiday Special, #19)
  • Loudest Beagle On The Block (Pet Trouble, #2)
  • Absolutely Lucy (Absolutely Lucy, #1)
  • Penguins and Antarctica (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #18)
  • Miss Child Has Gone Wild! (My Weirder School, #1)
  • Sophie the Awesome (Sophie, #1)
  • Abigail The Breeze Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #9; Weather Fairies, #2)
  • Sleepover Sleuths (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #1)
  • Wheel of Misfortune (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #7)
  • Fight for Life (Vet Volunteers, #1)
  • The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!, #2)
  • Puppies in the Pantry (Animal Ark, #3)
  • Bad Kitty vs Uncle Murray: The Uproar at the Front Door
  • The Case of the Fire Alarm
  • Ivy and Bean: Doomed to Dance (Ivy and Bean, #6)
  • Pink Princess Rules The School (Perfectly Princess)
  • Muddy Paws (Magic Puppy, #2)

The Puppy Place (1 - 10 of 53 books)
  • Goldie (The Puppy Place, #1)
  • Snowball (The Puppy Place, #2)
  • Shadow (The Puppy Place, #3)
  • Rascal (The Puppy Place, #4)
  • Flash (The Puppy Place, #6)
  • Scout (The Puppy Place, #7)
  • Patches (The Puppy Place, #8)
  • Pugsley (The Puppy Place, #9)
  • Maggie and Max (The Puppy Place, #10)
  • Noodle (The Puppy Place, #11)