Start by marking “Classic Goosebumps #15: Ghost Beach” as Want to Read:
Classic Goosebumps #15: Ghost Beach

Classic Goosebumps #15: Ghost Beach (Goosebumps #22)

3.69  ·  Rating Details ·  6,015 Ratings  ·  243 Reviews
Get Goosebumps with the startling repackage of a best-selling classic. No swimming. No surfing. No haunting. Jerry can't wait to explore the dark, spooky old cave he found down by the beach. Then the other kids tell him a story. A story about a ghost who is three hundred years old. A ghost who comes out when the moon is full. A ghost . . . who lives deep inside the cave! J ...more
Published August 1st 2011 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Classic Goosebumps #15, please sign up.

Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Αγαπώ τις ιστορίες με φαντάσματα και ως εκ τούτου, το συγκεκριμένο βιβλίο, κερδίζει επιπλέον πόντους επειδή καταπιάνεται με αυτά, την ύπαρξή τους και την τρομακτική τους παρουσία στον κόσμο των ανθρώπων. Βέβαια, για έναν ενήλικο, η λύση του μυστηρίου βρίσκεται πολύ εύκολα μπροστά στα μάτια μου, όμως σε εκείνα τα παιδικά που δεν έχουν την απαραίτητη εμπειρία, οι εξελίξεις και οι ανατροπές της ιστορίας μπορούν να οδηγήσουν στην κορύφωση του σασπένς και σε μια έκπληξη που δεν την περίμεναν με τίποτ ...more
Jack
Jul 25, 2011 Jack rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Today Jack is reviewing a book in the Goosebumps series called Ghost Beach. He seemed to really enjoy this book, and actually read it twice. That has to be high praise when you’re 6 and have next to zero attention span.

(Should I tell you that Jack is pooping while we conduct this interview? Sure, why not. It’s the only way he’ll sit still for a minute so I can ask him some questions. And I think the visual helps.)

me: So what did you think of this book?

Jack: It was pretty good, and it was cool, t
Hami
Aug 26, 2014 Hami rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goosebumps ghost beach #22 by R.L. Stine is about a brother and sister that visit their relatives and they get some friends that tell them the legend.This book reminds me of the time in California when we went to the beach and there was a old hermit that lived there, similar to the old man is this story. There were legends that also said he was crazy. Little did we know that there was a great white shark by the beach. The old hermit ended up saving us all from the shark.I think that the book was ...more
Rebecca McNutt
One the better books in this series, hands-down. Ghost Beach is a classic ghost story with many different plot twists and surprises. I'm a little too old for it nowadays but when I was a kid, I loved it.
Carmen
Sep 27, 2014 Carmen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
I don't believe in ghosts, but I really enjoy ghost stories.

Jerry (12) and his sister Terri (11) are spending the summer in New England with their ancient cousins, Brad and Agatha. They meet three other children in the woods - Sam, Louisa and Nat. They tell the kids not to go into that cave on the hill! It is haunted. A 350-year-old ghost lives there.

Sometimes Jerry sees lights in the cave at night. He wants to explore it and find out what's really going on...
...

I love these types of stories. Un
David Santos
Oct 04, 2011 David Santos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps
I'm giving this 4 stars instead of 5 because I read it right after "A Night in Horrorland" which in my opinion, as the kids say was "epic" (I did say in my opinion) For some reason Jerry acted more like the little sister in the story to me. At times I would even forget he was a guy! Just seemed really wimpy, scared, refused to be brave etc. His little sister was really brave and smarter. I wish RL could have made Jerry a little more boyish. Maybe I haven't read many books in male first person or ...more
Carmine
A volte è bello ripercorrere le tappe fondamentali della propria infanzia.
Certo, le storie di "Piccoli brividi" avevano lo scopo di intrattenere con spensieratezza e semplicità, limitando al massimo la componente prettamente horror.
Questo approccio narrativo, eternamente in bilico fra lo spaventare ed il divertire, spesso anche in maniera vistosamente scrausa, funzionò da bambino ed ha sortito effetto anche stamattina.
La storia regge bene ed il colpo di scena finale - anticipabilissimo con un at
Shaimaa
Dec 08, 2015 Shaimaa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
رائعة بحق
استمتعت بقرائتها جدا رغم أننى أظن أن الفئة المستهدفة بها هى غالبا من سن 10 إلى 14 عاما على الأكثر
راقتنى فكرة أنها فى أمريكا نظيرة ما وراء الطبيعة و ملف المستقبل و رجل المستحيل
هى إحدى كتيبات الجيب لسلسلة رعب لطيفة
يغلب عليها بشكل أساسى جو المغامرة و التشويق
بكل صفحة و كل حرف
Jessica
Jul 14, 2010 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goosebumps was so popular when I was a kid, we would get in fights in the library over who got to check the new one out next. No joke.
Christine (KizzieReads)
I started to read this to my son but halfway through, he just was not liking it. I finished reading it and was a little mystified at the ending. Nic elittle twist.
Atharva
I find this book very similar to the first book in the Goosebumps series "Welcome to the Dead House". The main theme is just the same and their are a few minor similarities. But the characters and the fast progressing story is what sticks the reader to the book. The beginning is great but the part from 40 to 60℅ is a bit dull but the story that follows is wah more better with a obvious conclusion. There are 5 kids in the book. Two living, three ghosts but are not revealed till the end. Its the h ...more
Michael Hickey
Jay
Mar 04, 2012 Jay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Ghost Beach" is probably one of the most consistent books in the Goosebumps story. While others rely on chapter ending cliffhangers that don't actually end up being scary, "Ghost Beach" actually enough scares throughout. And while most other Goosebumps books are pretty slow until the last few chapters, this one has a consistent pace that actually keeps you interested throughout.

The basic plot is a brother and sister go to visit their distant relatives. When they get there, the notice that all
Donna
Another piece of awesome from RL Stine. Even for a middle grade book, he really doesn't pull any punches.

Sure there are some cheesy moments. Some kooky senses of humor being thrown about. A lot of spooky moments that turn out to be something not so spooky after all. But it all comes back around in the end, leaving everything hanging, including Jerry and his sister!

Stine's got the MG voice down pat. He doesn't dumb it down for the reader and he doesn't skimp on the spook. He targets an age that h
Adan Ramie
Mar 15, 2016 Adan Ramie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story, even though I had read it before, delivered on the promise of its back cover copy.

cover of children's book Goosebumps Ghost Beach by R. L. Stine

Jerry and Terri are visiting their old, ancient cousins for the last month of the summer on a little island in New England. Besides being pretty deserted, this island has a unique feature – nearly everyone there has the same last name as Jerry and Terri, and have for hundreds of years. So when they meet three kids on the beach who share the s
Connie
Jerry and Terri Sadler have been invited to spend a month with some distance cousins in New England, jumping at this opportunity, they begin to explore their new surroundings. First, Terri drags them to an old cemetery, where they notice something weird...Everyone is called 'Sadler.' Freaked out by this, they move to the beach and find an old cave. Meeting three friends near here, they unravel the local legend about a ghost who lives in the cave and cleans the bones of animals and people. But wh ...more
Veronica Ika
Aug 15, 2015 Veronica Ika rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel
Jerry and his sister, Terry, visit their relatives, Brad and Agatha, who live in a cottage near a beach and a cave. The cave often shows suspicious flicking lights from inside, and their trio friends claim that a ghost lives inside. The trip even ask them to help sealing the cave in order to trap the ghost inside forever. However, accidentally Jerry and Terry meet the old ghost. But the old ghost claims that the actual ghosts are their trio friends, and he has investigated the area for so long t ...more
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
FINALLY finished this one I started with my son. We went through a phase of watching the show Goosebumps together on TV, and after we watched this episode, he turned to me and made my reader's heart proud by saying, "The ending of the book was better!"

The cliffhangers at each chapter got a bit annoying but I suppose for the age group it makes sense. The ending did have me chuckle - I admit through reading it I was expecting more of a scooby doo type ending (it wasn't.) Good clean type for young
Irene Lazlo
Doné gran parte de mi colección de Pesadillas y me quedé con 3 ó 4 libros solo, éste es uno de ellos. Sinceramente no entiendo por qué, no es demasiado emocionante y de hecho es bastante predecible y ni siquiera tiene el factor nostalgia porque no es el típico clásico de la saga. Tengo cariño a estos libros y son entretenidos. Me ha traído recuerdos de mi preadolescencia y me ha transportado a los 90, por eso no soy capaz de darle menos de tres estrellas.
Elisa
Buku ini kupinjam dari omku sewaktu masih jaman sd. skrg udah kusut, kertasnya kecoklatan, baunya apek. kubaca lagi, karena aku lupa ceritanya gimana. dan masih aja bikin aku excited dan penasaran. dan khas dari cerita goosebumps adalah cilffhanger ending nya. wuhuuuuu...
Patrick
Feb 04, 2009 Patrick rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Christopher Alvarado
I thought this book was great because it involved ghosts. And that these kids were actually ghosts they became ghosts once they died as pianer kids
Mirhan
Feb 25, 2015 Mirhan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
بعيدا عن اني توقعت اجزاء منها بس فالعموم استمتعت.
انا حاليا كل اللي بقرأه او اشوفه بهدف المتعة وده شيء عظيم والله :)
حسناء السيد
ظريفة بس متوقعة كالعادة
Álvaro Valdés Aguayo
nunca decepciona
Darcy McLaughlin
How much you enjoy Ghost Beach is pretty much completely dependent on whether you have the first GB book "Welcome to Dead House". I'll elaborate further on, but for longtime followers of these reviews (all 2 of you) you might see what I mean.

Our main heroes are Jerry and Terri Sadler, who had parents who clearly hated themselves. We begin with a dream sequence, a shocking twist for a GB book, of Jerry and his sister in a graveyard getting grabbed by hands or something. The two are actually out
Katy
Some background—I have fond memories of the Goosebump books, and some memories of the original TV show. I decided to reread these old classics and see if they still held up for a modern-day adult horror enthusiast. Since I don’t expect any kids who might be reading these books for the first time to find this, all reviews will contain spoilers.

I remember this episode from the TV show, but only vaguely. This one starts with yet another LAME fakeout opening chapter, which is irritating. Maybe I sho
Jasper
Feb 13, 2017 Jasper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ghost Beach: R.L Stine -> This book is great, R.L Stine is one of my favourite authors. I like it because it has a mystery and then at the end it leaves on a cliff hanger. Sadly they don't continue but the goosebumps series are good, sometimes there are good endings, sometimes not.
Nicholai Castellanos
the reason why I read this book because I love to read ghost stories. I also read this book because this book has lots of action and suspense. This book sometimes gave me the chills . And because it was awesome. I recommend this book to people who like suspense and action.
Iantony
Of all the Gooosebumps books I've read, this is the best. Ghost Beach told you a classic ghost story with some mean twits at the end. In short, this is the only Goosebumps books that really gave me goosebumps for reading it back then.
reading log # 13 2 10 Mar 30, 2012 06:05AM
reading log 12 2 9 Feb 23, 2012 04:46AM
  • The Extreme (Animorphs, #25)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Go Eat Worms! (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #9)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps
  • Night of the Living Dummy II (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #5)
  • Le Portrait de Petite Cossette 1 (Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, #1)
  • Wind Chill  (The Red Rock Mysteries #14)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)