Start by marking “Classic Goosebumps #15: Ghost Beach” as Want to Read:
Classic Goosebumps #15: Ghost Beach

Classic Goosebumps #15: Ghost Beach (Goosebumps #22)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  4,729 ratings  ·  168 reviews
Get Goosebumps with the startling repackage of a best-selling classic. No swimming. No surfing. No haunting. Jerry can't wait to explore the dark, spooky old cave he found down by the beach. Then the other kids tell him a story. A story about a ghost who is three hundred years old. A ghost who comes out when the moon is full. A ghost . . . who lives deep inside the cave! J ...more
Published August 1st 2011 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1994)

Jack
Today Jack is reviewing a book in the Goosebumps series called Ghost Beach. He seemed to really enjoy this book, and actually read it twice. That has to be high praise when you’re 6 and have next to zero attention span.

(Should I tell you that Jack is pooping while we conduct this interview? Sure, why not. It’s the only way he’ll sit still for a minute so I can ask him some questions. And I think the visual helps.)

me: So what did you think of this book?

Jack: It was pretty good, and it was cool, t
Hami
Goosebumps ghost beach #22 by R.L. Stine is about a brother and sister that visit their relatives and they get some friends that tell them the legend.This book reminds me of the time in California when we went to the beach and there was a old hermit that lived there, similar to the old man is this story. There were legends that also said he was crazy. Little did we know that there was a great white shark by the beach. The old hermit ended up saving us all from the shark.I think that the book was ...more
David Santos
I'm giving this 4 stars instead of 5 because I read it right after "A Night in Horrorland" which in my opinion, as the kids say was "epic" (I did say in my opinion) For some reason Jerry acted more like the little sister in the story to me. At times I would even forget he was a guy! Just seemed really wimpy, scared, refused to be brave etc. His little sister was really brave and smarter. I wish RL could have made Jerry a little more boyish. Maybe I haven't read many books in male first person or ...more
Michael Hickey
Jessica
Goosebumps was so popular when I was a kid, we would get in fights in the library over who got to check the new one out next. No joke.
Carmen
Apr 28, 2015 Carmen rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
I don't believe in ghosts, but I really enjoy ghost stories.

Jerry (12) and his sister Terri (11) are spending the summer in New England with their ancient cousins, Brad and Agatha. They meet three other children in the woods - Sam, Louisa and Nat. They tell the kids not to go into that cave on the hill! It is haunted. A 350-year-old ghost lives there.

Sometimes Jerry sees lights in the cave at night. He wants to explore it and find out what's really going on...
...

I love these types of stories. Un
Donna
Another piece of awesome from RL Stine. Even for a middle grade book, he really doesn't pull any punches.

Sure there are some cheesy moments. Some kooky senses of humor being thrown about. A lot of spooky moments that turn out to be something not so spooky after all. But it all comes back around in the end, leaving everything hanging, including Jerry and his sister!

Stine's got the MG voice down pat. He doesn't dumb it down for the reader and he doesn't skimp on the spook. He targets an age that h
Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading*
FINALLY finished this one I started with my son. We went through a phase of watching the show Goosebumps together on TV, and after we watched this episode, he turned to me and made my reader's heart proud by saying, "The ending of the book was better!"

The cliffhangers at each chapter got a bit annoying but I suppose for the age group it makes sense. The ending did have me chuckle - I admit through reading it I was expecting more of a scooby doo type ending (it wasn't.) Good clean type for young
Mehsi
This was a pretty boring book for most of it.

This mostly lay in fault with all constant: "No, you can't go to the cave! Why? Well, because it just is!" And then they wonder why the kids go off and explore said cave. Of course they will, your piquing their interests. They are curious about that cave, about whatever lives in there, ghost or not.

The whole actual ghost thing was pretty lame and I already had my suspicions quite early in the book. :\ It was just too predictable and too easy to gues
Connie
Jerry and Terri Sadler have been invited to spend a month with some distance cousins in New England, jumping at this opportunity, they begin to explore their new surroundings. First, Terri drags them to an old cemetery, where they notice something weird...Everyone is called 'Sadler.' Freaked out by this, they move to the beach and find an old cave. Meeting three friends near here, they unravel the local legend about a ghost who lives in the cave and cleans the bones of animals and people. But wh ...more
Nina Ivanova
This story was published with another two Goosebumps stories - here's my full review of whole - Click, click

"Брегът на призраците" беше най-добрата история в тази колекция. И този епизод го помня много ясно. Тук залагат не на директните чудовища и страхотии, колкото на заплашващата атмосфера - откъснато от света селце, гробище, пещери и легенди, мълчание и избягване на погледи и разговори. Тук отново страховитата легенда се е превърнала в солидна основа, и всички тези похвати са разиграни добре.
Ghadeer
a ghost story with a very surprising ending. It is about two kids who spend their holiday with their cousins who live in front of a beach. There, there was a cave beside the beach and everyone feared it. They also new 3 knew friends who are from their family. These two kids really wanted to solve the mystery of the cave and they eventually solved it but at the cost of what?
Meikstr
This was sooo much fun to read. Its a blast from the past... I LOVED these books during my young years. While they're certainly not scary now, they are really well written and put you smack into the characters shoes.
With this book, a brother and sister duo visit some older relatives near a beach town. They meet three kids around their age who are quirky and troublesome-you know- in a good way. They easily become friends and hang out a lot in the woods and by the beach. These kids tell them cre
Caroline
I was hooked on these series as a kid. I remember when this first book came out and all the hype surrounding it, and quickly joined in on scarfing these things down. They were fun at the time, although even in grade school they had me rolling my eyes at some of the goofiness (and the cliffhanger chapter endings! Every chapter, without fail!).
Angel
This book really gave me goosebumps, but not in a I-can't-sleep-turn-the-light-on kind of way. More like, what if it actually happened to me?

Jerry and his sister Terri have their vacation in some beach with their older cousins, Brad and Agatha. Along the way, they meet three kids who have the same surname as theirs, just like everyone else in the area. They are warned of the hundred-years-old ghost living inside the cave on the hill, which the kids seem to be really freaked out about.

The questi
Christy
Jan 01, 2015 Christy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anybody who wants good scare
Recommended to Christy by: Goosebumps
This is the 22nd book in the Goosebumps line. I was not at all expecting this ending and I'm shocked more than shocked actually. It has no words for the way it ended, there should have been another book to this or another chapter. I just wish I still had my dog Wolf for ghost detection.

Terri & Jerry are visiting their cousins Brad and Agatha Sadler in the New England area for the last month of summer vacation. They siblings live in New Jersey so they can't do anything really besides bird wat
Devone Smith
Dec 03, 2014 Devone Smith marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-book
This chapter book is about two siblings, Jerry and Terry, who go visit their grandparents at the beach. They meet some kids who tell them the story of a ghost who lives in a cave nearby. They are dared to go into the cave to see if the "light" in the story was there. In true RL Stine fashion, it was scary for younger kids and exciting enough for them to see it all the way through. I liked this book as I liked all of Stine's books. I would read this aloud in a classroom for Halloween. The cover a ...more
Jay
"Ghost Beach" is probably one of the most consistent books in the Goosebumps story. While others rely on chapter ending cliffhangers that don't actually end up being scary, "Ghost Beach" actually enough scares throughout. And while most other Goosebumps books are pretty slow until the last few chapters, this one has a consistent pace that actually keeps you interested throughout.

The basic plot is a brother and sister go to visit their distant relatives. When they get there, the notice that all
Teri Gorleski
Oct 24, 2011 Teri Gorleski rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anybody who likes the Goosebumps books.
Recommended to Teri by: No one accually.
Shelves: fiction, fantasy
Jared Burton

Stine, R.L. Goosebumps: Ghost Beach. New York: Scholastic, 1994.
Genre - Fiction, horror
This book is about a brother and sister who are visiting an old relative at a beach for the last month of summer. The book starts out with a dream that Jerry, the older brother, had a few months before hand. A dream about a cemetery on a beach with arms popping out from every direction grabbing at their ankles. This dream obviously foreshadows the entire book. Where the brother and sister are tricked into bel
Andrew
The book was really good and exciting. I liked how there were always surprises around every corner. By the end I liked both Terri and Jerry the same because they were both very brave and worked good together to stop the ghost in the cave, overall the book was good and every page was fun not counting the pats before or after the story.

Mason
R.L. Stine's "Goosebumps" series is very popular with older elementary aged children. This particular chapter book, "Ghost Beach," is a chilling tale following the adventures of siblings Jerry and Terri. This story is told from Jerry's point of view. They are spending the last month of summer with their cousins Agatha and Brad. The two befriend three children while there named Sam, Louisa, and Nat. Stine does a great job keeping the reader interested. From the first chapter, the action is intens ...more
Tyler Holman
Jerry and Terri find some people named Sam, Louisa and Nat. They tell them a little bit of a ghost story and then leave. It takes them forever to tell them the whole story. Then they go in the cave and find out that there are ghosts. One is good and it warns them that Sam, Louisa and Nat were ghosts but they didn't believe it until the end. They all died.
I really liked it because it is all a mystery throughout the whole book until the end when everything gets solved.
Ariane Cello
I forgot how good R.L. Stine was! Even with just a simple and thin book, you'll get hooked! I was a fan of his since I was a child and I have been collecting his books for so long. His writing really brings back memories and he inspired me to write a story of my own. You won't see it coming unless the writer gives you a hint. This book is a fun read and shocks you with the events!
Iris Gamino
Miguel
Más bien 3,5 en realidad.

Pues me ha gustado bastante, la verdad. Estos libros (y la serie basada en ellos) eran una gran parte de mi infancia, y me ha encantado reencontrarme con ella siendo ya mayor. Puede que las tramas y los personajes de Pesadillas sean siempre muy sencillos, pero desde luego son muy entretenidos y hasta escalofriantes en alguna ocasión.
Sawyer Elder
The book "Ghost Beach" is based on 5 kids (Terri, Jerry, Sam, Nat, and Louisa) going on a Adventure kinda sorta, trying to figure out how to get a ghost thats been haunting the town since 1649. Earlier in the story, Jerry and Terri are doing grave rubbings, when they come across 3 grave stones that say the names of there 3 friends, Nat, Sam, and Louisa. They run to there Grandparents, Brad and Agatha, revealing there information and observations. Agatha says that there named after there ancestor ...more
Ianc Ehs
This book is just terrible there a major plot holes and things that dont make sense. lets start from the beginning. the kids are staying with their 4th cousins twice removed. they go dont to a beach and meet 2 kids, sam and luisa sadler. they're cousins seem to act strangly with the news of this. the next day the kids go back to the beach and find the bones of a dog. sam and luisa show up again telling them that a ghost ate the dog and lives in a cave. both children see a light coming from the c ...more
WitherMisteri
Jerry and Terri are the main characters of this book and are curious to see the so called "Ghost in the cave" when a couple of kids tell them the story reluctantly.
This book has a major plot twist and will leave you pondering on your bed when you finished this. Even I didn't see it coming.
Jordan Hiebert
This is the first fiction book I read of my own volition. This small clever book started my journey as a young reader. It is also one of few things the connects me and my grandmother as she always encouraged me to read by buying me books. I will definitely have to read this again.
reading log # 13 2 10 Mar 30, 2012 06:05AM
reading log 12 2 9 Feb 23, 2012 04:46AM
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • The Suspicion (Animorphs, #24)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)
  • Le Portrait de Petite Cossette 1 (Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, #1)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)