An Eternity of Roses (The Valthreans, #1)

An Eternity of Roses (The Valthreans #1)

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Two lovers separated by an evil curse.
A desperate quest through time.
A love that wants to beat all odds.
And all the while, deadly danger brews around a two-thousand-year-old secret society and the enemy that lives to decimate it.

"...'Til the end of my life, I shall belong to you as your husband."

That was the promise Adrian made to Emmaline. And then, he was gone forever...more
Published January 5th 2013 by Rose of Atlantis Press

City of Secrets by Aoife Marie SheridanOrchid by Shane K.P. O'NeillCrashing Down to Earth by Terry ReidPrincess gives it away by Dab10Chosen Heart by Ann  Stewart
MUST READ | 2013
32nd out of 126 books — 183 voters
Roses at Dusk by M.W. RussellThe Transient by M.W. RussellBound By Blood by Patti RobertsCornered Coyote by Dianne HarmanRelics by Maer Wilson
Upcoming Releases & New Releases
312th out of 592 books — 966 voters

More lists with this book...

Mallory Heart Reviews
Jan 13, 2013 Mallory Heart Reviews rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Mallory Heart by: Natalie G. Owens
Review of An Eternity of Roses
The Valthreans #1
Natalie G. Owens
5 stars

Reading this book was truly a delight-and I use that word intentionally. A fast-paced, loving, lovable, romp through time and character and romance and horror, with characters who are so fully fleshed that I felt they were standing beside me, “An Eternity of Roses” is only the beginning-this is the first entry in a new series called “The Valthreans,” about a race of immortals who commenced almost before recorded time.

Lady Emm...more
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
2 stars

In 1807, two young members of the nobility overcome the rivalry between their families to fall in love. Lord Adrian Segrave, the Viscount of Bournemouth, and Lady Emmaline Deramore are three days from their wedding and eager to build a new life together, but a series of supernatural events will viciously tear them apart. Emmaline’s search for Adrian takes her on grueling journey through wars, changes, and time to find a man without the memory of the love they shared and causing her to que...more
Sunny
This was my first book from her and now I don't think that I could mention an author who writes more beautifully, than Natalie G. Owens. Detailed descriptions, beautiful phrasing, metaphors, similes, sensual love scenes and else are what Natalie puts in front of us, wrapping them in a fast-paced and interesting story about everlasting love, the characters of which are so lively, so real that it felt like they were living on the papers. I loved the parallel between the Valthreans and humans' hist...more
Carole Gill
The greatest gift a writer can give readers is something different. Natalie G. Owens, in this series (more books to come happily), is doing just that. It’s what I call trail blazing.

She has imbued historical fantasy with a brilliant love story and added dark magic and a great villain as well! The love story is gripping and the characters, Adrian and Emma are so well drawn and emotive, those looking for romance will be delighted.

Yet--! Well I said it was different didn’t I, there is darkness and...more
Diana Tan
This is Everlasting Love!!!
WOW! Talk about everlasting love! This is the first book by Natalie Owens that I have read. I will definitely recommend this book to my friends. The road to fulfilling the promise of an everlasting love for Emma & Adam had indeed been symbolized by an eternity of roses. . .a single red rose daily to be precise. You have to read the book to find out why and how. Simply breathtaking! A journey you will not want to miss out. Highly recommended!
This is a wonderfully paced and exciting romance that grabbed my attention from the get go and held me captive until the end. The characters are amazing with so much life of their own that it is so easy to follow them throughout the story and feel their emotions.

As you are lead through the many paths this book has to offer you never know what emotion is hiding right around the corner.
Denise
This was the first book I read from author
.. This was different kind of read
for me but it was really enjoyable ..
Thank you I will be reading more from
this author
Sofia Wren
So now I have to say straight off--as a writer reviewer I am the hardest to please! I want to give this a 4.5 for super close to perfect

It has been hard for me to get into a book lately because I notice the little problems. I didn't know what to think from the first chapter of this book because it was so different than Natalie G Owen's other works---all of which I have read. What is this about everlasting life?

But soon we got into a story with beautiful Victorian style that had Natalie stamped a...more
Dana Delamar
3.75 stars. A great set-up to the series, which has a fascinating mythology behind it. I'm looking forward to the next installment and learning more about the Valthreans and their enemies. I also enjoyed the character of Max, who's introduced in An Eternity of Roses, and found him quite intriguing.

I liked Emma and Adrian, the leads of An Eternity of Roses, and also liked Max, as mentioned above. The villain, Madeleine, is suitably villainous, but a bit one-note for much of the book, though once...more
E.C. Adams
Natalie Owens paints. And by that I mean she paints images when she writes. Reading this book is like being in a gallery with a knowledgeable curator showing you around. Sit back, relax, and enjoy as her characters go through 200 plus years of life, survive wars and endure.

Although I loved the first quarter of the book, I'll admit I grew impatient with the middle, which I'd have shorted by a few chapters, but that's probably because I'm an action-craving, hopeless romantic who couldn't wait for...more
Michelle Bledsoe
I truly fell in love with An Eternity of Roses. The characters were well developed and the story streamlined.
Natalie G. Owens takes us on a fantastic journey of two lovers that last for about two centuries. Both Lady Emma and Viscount Adrian are made immortal due to the evil plans of Lady Madeleine. They are torn apart before they can marry by this evil enchantress's spells.
You have an age old feud of good versus evil that is thousands of years old.
You will enjoy the adventures each lover must...more
Lynn Spangler
Ms. Owens has penned a tale that spans centuries and a few countries as well. Her characters pulled me into their world and held me captive. Her descriptive words easily allowed me to visualize each scene and feel every emotion. I found myself rooting for the likable hero and heroine from the beginning. I also realized I loved to hate the villainess.

While reading, I found myself entering a fascinating paranormal world where I secretly wished I was one of the good guys.

I am very pleased that Ms....more
Lily Silver
This. book was amazing! I was drawn in by the author's lush, poetic voice, and the historical setting. The characters were well drawn and the stunning backdrop of history and the characters moving through time is compelling. I really liked the herione and found her trials to be heartbreaking, and yet she endures and preserveres with grace and dignity. I can't wait to read the next book and find out about Max. Added to the sense of history is the strong descriptions and sense of place the author...more
Katherine
Can love survive the test of time – and an evil curse?

DISCLAIMER: I was given a copy of this book by the author (via Goodreads/Shut Up and Read/Read It And Reap) in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.

ADVISORY: This book contains mature, adult situations and dialogue.

Synopsis:

Emmaline and Adrian are just days away from their wedding when, in a fit of jealous rage, an immortal witch, Madeleine, places a curse upon them -- one which dooms them to spend an eternity apart. Madeleine kidnaps Adri...more
Karen
The Eternity of Roses is about Emmaline, who was about to be married with her fiance Adrian, and they were seperated because of a person called Madeleine, who was in love with Adrian.
Later, both of them were turned into immortal beings, 'Valthreans'. Adrian, being kidnappedand drugged, could not remember anything in his past life. He only knew that he eloped with a person called Marie.
This book was definitely a joy to read. I didn't really understand why the author was so obbsessed with immorta...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Madeleine de Brandeville works for The Cult of the Snake has her sights set on Adrian Segrave~Viscount Bournemouthe. There's just one problem he's engaged to Lady Emmaline "Emma" Deramore. Adrian and Emma share an unique bond that Madeleine is desperate to break. So Madeleine hatches a plan to separate the two lovers for all time by making each of them immortal. When Adrian goes missing Emma is devastated but doesn't give up that she'll find Adrian someday despite what Madeleine says. Emma learn...more
Sherry Stanfield
An Eternity of Roses was beautifully written and a great read. Ms. Owens is very talented with description of characters and places. Emmaline and Adrian have a love that will last through endless odds and time. Lady Madeleine tears them apart on the eve of their wedding and casts an evil spell on them both. Still love conquers. Superb!

There are plenty of twists, turns and good and evil. My favorite kind of novel. I’m looking forward to the sequel. Five stars for sure!!
Shannon L. Gonzalez
An Eternity of Roses (the Valthreans #1)
By Natalie G. Owens

A Romance Across Time- Austen, Paranormal style!

Make a cup of tea or pour a glass of wine to snuggle into this story of love that conquers all; time, immortality and evil-intentioned witch’s spells. This romance meanders through time with an adventurous flair and paranormal intrigue. When two lovers engaged to be married are thwarted by a jealous immortal witch of a woman, the adventure takes foot.

The story begins with ancient gods an...more
Sharon
I received this book in exchange for a review.

Emma and Adrian are awaiting their wedding day. Just before their wedding day, Adrian is kidnapped and Emma is turned into an immortal. The spell also causes her to forget the details of what happened. After Emma recovers her memory, she begins her search for Adrian. Adrian has been turned into an immortal too. After two centuries, Emma is able to find Adrian now going by the name of Adam. Adam doesn't remember her. Can Emma help him recover his memo...more
Miriam
**Received for an honest review**

1807, England. All of Society is anxious and excited for the marriage of Lady Emmaline Deramore and Viscount Bournemouth, Adrian Segrave. All, that is, except for Lady Madeline de Brandeville, who despises Emmaline and craves Adrian. Just days before their wedding, a series of events occur that tear Emmaline and Adrian apart, leaving Emmaline without her love and Adrian without his memory of her.

Though the story centers around Emmaline and Adrian, it also include...more
Lily Pilly
For me this story was a paranormal suspense with a bit of horror and romance...I could describe this book as a "Gothic-like romance"(you can even imagine Gargoyles sitting on the roof of the houses)….soooo...there is a young, beautiful, and innocent heroine in this story. There is a very handsome and successful hero. There is, naturally, the evil sorceress who was truly evil and I found her character & actions rather unsettling as she tried to do the most unthinkable thing by using her power...more
Paula Black
A sweeping, lavishly descriptive tale written in the style of high-Victorian Gothic romance, with fairy tale elements that provide a paranormal twist. An Eternity of Roses spans the Regency era to modern day in a story of cursed lovers destined to live an eternity apart.
This book is not your typical fast-paced, plot-driven Paranormal Romance and may not appeal to those who dislike highly descriptive writing styles. It read more as a historical romance with a twist.
I loved the story's concepts...more
Colette Wills
I was given a copy to review by the author. The story itself is wonderful. However there were several timeline errors, things like we met yesterday, when it was day before yesterday. Also the middle of the book has little action but hold out for an exciting ending. I can't wait to read book 2 Max's story.
Lorraine Versini
A beautiful love story that takes you across the centuries and various parts of the world. The writing flows well, and considering the "virtual" thickness of my ebook version, I found that there were no boring moments. The descriptions are wonderful, and, as a reader, you have no problem diving into the plot and the world created by the author.
Also, this first installment lays the grounds for a much bigger plot, that of the Valthreans and the Cult of the Snake, which I definitely want to find o...more
Susan
I enjoyed this unusual tale about two lovers who lose each other for decades due to someone else's evil intentions. More than anything, it's a testament to the power, strength and durability of love. Ms. Owens writes very well and it was a joy reading an ebook which contains so few errors.

I received a free copy of this book in return for an honest review.
InD'Tale Magazine
The premise of this story seems very promising. The original use of ancient Hindu deities set up a different breed of immortals in this sub-genre. It’s a shame Ms. Owens didn’t expand upon her immortal world.

Full review in March 2013 issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Era Stewart
This book was amazing! It had all the elements of a well written fantasy and romance. I would recommend this book to those who enjoy romance, suspense, fantasy, culture, and history.
Christine Bode
Christine Bode is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2014
Ioulia
Ioulia marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Natalie Ryabenko
Natalie Ryabenko marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
  • VN2
  • Jungle Heat
  • A Werewolf's Soldier (Warwolves, #1)
  • The Impetuous Afflictions of Jonathan Wolfe (Troubles of Love #2)
  • Saviours of Oestend (Oestend, #2)
  • Blood Rush (Demimonde, #2)
  • Taken by the Beast (Taken By The Beast, #1)
  • Texas Desire (Texas Soul, #5)
  • The Goddess's Choice
  • Winton's Strays
  • Gustav's Gargoyle Adventure (Wolves of Stone Ridge, #14)
  • Salvation
  • His Name Is John (Elliott Smith #1)
  • Sweet Savage Blood, a vampire romance
  • Eternal Breath of Darkness (Breath of Darkness, #1)
  • Caller of Light
  • Eye of the Beholder (Nebraska Historicals #3)
  • The Man with the Blue Hat
Hey y'all! Thanks for checking out my page. :)

Pink velvet and black lace. Light and darkness. A world of contrasts exists in my stories because every rose has its thorn. I love a good old-fashioned love affair, mystery, fantasy, history, and the supernatural. My heroes are brooding, worthy and brave; my heroines are strong, resourceful and loyal. The settings are sometimes exotic and off the beat...more
More about Natalie G. Owens...
A Kind of Judgment Inescapable (Eternelles, #1) Something to Live For (Moonlight Dating, #1) Adrasteia: A Prequel (Eternelles, #0.1) Seraphine: A Prequel (Eternelles, #0.5)