Start by marking “The Perpetual Papers of the Pack of Pets” as Want to Read:
The Perpetual Papers of the Pack of Pets

The Perpetual Papers of the Pack of Pets (Stanley & Katrina #1)

Winner of a 2014 Silver Moonbeam Award!
A Hilarious Dog and Cat Chapter Book for All Ages

A Top Five Amazon Kindle Hot New Release Book for Children's Pet Books

* What happens when a super smart cat and precocious dog finally decide to communicate with each other after three years of living under the same roof?
* Will they do well in the pet show?
* What REALLY happens when y
Published December 21st 2012 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Perpetual Papers of the Pack of Pets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perpetual Papers of the Pack of Pets

Sibel Hodge
Feb 28, 2013 Sibel Hodge rated it it was amazing
This is a fun read that kids are sure to love. It tells the adventures of Katrina the cat and Stanley the dog, who have a love/hate relationship, but have to put up with each other because they're in the same household. As well as being witty and great fun, It also tells an important tale of how they can put aside their differences to work together. With some funny side characters like Zorg the Hamster, who thinks he's an astronaut, this will have you chuckling away out loud!
Julie Grasso
Feb 18, 2013 Julie Grasso rated it it was amazing
What a delightful read. A hilarious glimpse into the mind of one super smart cat and her preciocious pet partner Stanley.
I love the conversation between the two and found myself laughing out loud on many occasions throughout the book.

My favourite Quote from Katrina von Cat The Master of Widom and Knowledge: She believed cats had the best taste of any animal in the entire world. She would not dare say the entire universe because aliens are much better at interior designing. Priceless!!!!

The Pet
Claire Thake
Apr 24, 2013 Claire Thake rated it it was amazing
Read by myself and my daughter. Review by my daughter Bethany aged 7.

I really enjoyed this book especially the letters between the characters.

My favorite part was when Stanley was playing in the snow and Katrina was watching through the window. I found it funny when Stanley was running around his owner in circles and when he dug a tunnel.

The part I disliked the most was when they misbehaved at the pet show, but I wouldn't change it as every good story needs to have its problems as well as a star
Leslie
Jan 12, 2013 Leslie rated it it was amazing
Cat and Dog. It's a love/hate relationship. Enter the inner psyche of these creatures as they try to peacefully coexist within the same house. Cleverly written. Hilarious antics. This cat and dog writing team makes you really stop and wonder what happens at your house when you're not there. Kudos to Stanley and Katrina!
Elizabeth Flint
Jan 14, 2013 Elizabeth Flint rated it it was amazing
A fantastic story of the daily frivolity between a demur diva kitty and her roguish, rascally puppy friend. The letters written back and forth, along with the narrator's take, provide a glimpse into a pet's day. Fun reading for anyone!!
Create With Joy
Aug 11, 2013 Create With Joy rated it it was amazing
Please visit Create With Joy now through August 25, 2013 and enter The Perpetual Papers Of The Pack Of Pets Giveaway for your chance to win a copy of this book!

Have you ever wondered if cats and dogs who live under the same roof really get along? Do you ever stop to think what they truly think of one other? Have you considered how your cats and dogs navigate daily challenges such as preventing each other from eating their food, or deal with common adversaries such as the household vacuum cleane
Jemima Pett
Mar 10, 2013 Jemima Pett rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, animals, funny
Katrina von Cat, The Master of Wisdom and Knowledge, lives comfortably in her house, living by her own rules, and contemplating what to do about the newcomer. After three years she decides she must break silence and ask him his name and breed, and tell him to stop eating her food. She does so by letter, and so begins The Perpetual Papers of the Pack of Pets. Stanley replies (by letter) that he is a black Labrador/Rottweiler cross, and no, he won’t stop eating her food. Katrina escalates the feud ...more
S.W.
Apr 02, 2013 S.W. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
Highly original. Very entertaining. A great fun 'tail' that delves into the minds of ... a dog ... and a cat.

A dog and a cat have lived in the same house for three years, but they have shown little, or no interest, in getting to know each other. Then one day the cat decides to write to the dog to find out his name. This starts a tennis match of simple but clever letters between the two. Both animals attempt to keep their distance from the other, with the initial tone of the letters being very fo
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
Apr 20, 2013 Erik This Kid Reviews Books rated it it was amazing
Katrina Von Cat, Master of Wisdom and Knowledge, has had it with the dog eating her food all the time. Katrina realizes that they have been living in the same house for a while and she really hasn’t bothered to find out the dog’s name. So she writes a letter to the dog to ask his name and that he stop eating her food. Stanley (the dog) says the letter is nice, but he won’t stop eating her food. Katrina decides to take Stanley to kitty court! And that’s just the start of the trouble they cause!

Th
Carla Peele
Mar 10, 2013 Carla Peele rated it it was amazing
I won this on a goodreads giveaway, and just finished reading it with my eight-year-old son; I think I enjoyed it just as much as he did! (by the way, my copy was adorably signed by all "3" authors {Stanley, Katrina and Felicia}.)

Katrina Von Cat, the Master of Wisdom and Knowledge has had it up to here with the roommate her owners have foisted upon her, and so she starts corresponding with him to try to teach him manners. Stanley, being a dog, thinks Katrina is mental. But, they soon become "fr
Debra
May 09, 2013 Debra rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile, fiction
This was a fun read. Congratulations on this writing debut. The author clearly knows pets and their behavior. My favorite part was the antics of the pets over the Christmas tree and its unfortunate accident. I thought it was hilarious when the dog pulled his bed away from the fallen tree and back to its original place and then both pets acted as if nothing had happened. So believable.

Lots of laughs. I am sure that the author will have other books in her future.
Wendy
May 16, 2013 Wendy rated it really liked it
The innermost thoughts of cats and dogs? Hmm, exactly as I suspected ... there is a lot that goes on between those furry ears! I thought this was great fun and I really enjoyed the way that bossy Katrina Von Cat and Stanley the dog gradually join forces after years of merely cohabiting in the same household. I'll be looking forward to the next instalment in "The Perpetual Papers".
Christine
Jan 10, 2013 Christine rated it it was amazing
Love it. It continues to make me laugh out loud.

I am proud to disclose that I am related to the author so yeah, I guess that makes me biased. :)
Gretchen
Mar 14, 2013 Gretchen rated it it was amazing
Confession- I know the author and I am so proud of her. This kid is going to go places! The book is clever and funny. I wonder if my dog and cat communicate like this when we're not watching.
Sandi Burns
Mar 13, 2013 Sandi Burns rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Very cute book. Enjoyed reading with my 10 year old son. I won this free on First Reads!
Renee
May 08, 2013 Renee rated it really liked it
What’s it About?

The stage is set when Katrina von Cat the Master of Wisdom and Knowledge is fed up with “dog” (whose name, Stanley, she finally discovers after three years of living under the same roof) who is eating her food. Through a series of hilarious letters sent back and forth between Katrina and Stanley, and punctuated by the voice of a narrator who provides play-by-play action of the misdeeds of the cat and the dog, the reader is entertained by the roller coast ride that is the love/ha
Rebecca Douglass
Nov 22, 2013 Rebecca Douglass rated it really liked it
This charming book is a quick read for younger middle-grade readers. The author has used a mix of letters, narration by the pets, and even a newspaper clipping, to tell a story that developed in ways that surprised me. It was good to see the animals learning to get along and work together when things get truly bad (pet shows! the horror!), but they never lose their personalities or their strong attitudes (especially Katrina von Cat the Master of Wisdom and Knowledge, whose consistent use of her ...more
Tonja Drecker
Nov 10, 2013 Tonja Drecker rated it it was amazing
Cute! And totally realistic. . .well, I'm sure it is if I were a cat or a dog.

This book is a collection of the letters between Katrina the cat and Stanley the dog. We dive right into Katrina and Stanley's heads, getting to know everything about them -- their thoughts, opinions, hates, dreams -- as we follow them through their adventures. And guess what, those cats and dogs are exactly the way us humans always thought they would be!

The authors did a terrific job on letting Katrina and Stanley ea
Ruth Hill
Nov 16, 2013 Ruth Hill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, 2013-reads
Another fantastic book about pets, and I found myself chuckling at every turn. We have one dog and thirteen cats. We do have a couple of cats who vie for top honors, and so I can relate to this book quite well. The clever way in which it was written (letters from the cat to the dog and vice versa), and I felt that the writers captured the true essence and personalities of these animals was captured so well that I would have loved to have shared it with my dog and top cat. Then again, my dog ...more
:Donna Marie
THE PERPETUAL PAPERS OF THE PACK OF PETS When I first became aware of this book, I was immediately drawn to the humorous banter between its two main characters: Stanley (the dog) and Katrina (the cat). BUT---when I learned it was written by a 10-year-old girl, I was more than impressed. Having read the book, I'm STILL impressed :)

The young author has a very clear picture of these pets' personalities. Their dialogue, correspondence and behavior are always true to their temperaments---consistent
C.L. Murphy
Apr 29, 2014 C.L. Murphy rated it it was amazing
Katrina von Cat the Master of Wisdom and Knowledge RULES and Stanley the dog DROOLS, or so Katrina would have you believe. The author cleverly has the pets, Katrina and Stanley, communicate to each other by exchanging letters. Let the banter begin as hilarity ensues with every turn of the page! A whimsical story that will delight all who share a home with pets.
Catherine
Katrina (von Cat the Master of Wisdom and Knowledge) is an eight year old, grey tabby cat. She's smart and has great ideas. Stanley is a three year old, black labrador / rottweiler mix. He's a bit silly sometimes. The Perpetual Papers of the Pack of Pets by Stanley & Katrina are essentially little letters between and shorts stories about the pair. Join them as they play about the house and even later get entered in a pet pageant!

The stories and character production are kind of cliche. Katrin
Stacie
Nov 19, 2013 Stacie rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
The Perpetual Papers of the Pack of Pets is a hilariously funny collection of written correspondences between Katrina the cat and Stanley the dog regarding virtually everything in their lives.

The letters begin with Katrina accusing Stanley of eating her food. Stanley doesn't deny her claim and is in fact proud of his accomplishment. Katrina ends up bringing Stanley before the Cat Council where he is found guilty, but vows to continue eating Katrina's food. As the story continues so does their l
J.C.
What a great, quick read! This book was brimming with imagination, humor, and creativity. The writing style was SO creative, the way it switched from letters to other perspectives and more. I loved this book so much! It had an element of humor to it, and I laughed many times throughout this book. Despite all the imagination that’s going on here (the story is about pets who talk) it is written with a touch of reality so the story seems believable. If pets could talk, this is how they would be! ...more
Jennifer Oakes
Dec 26, 2014 Jennifer Oakes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun stuff!

This is a quick and easy way to melt away a stressful day. The characters are cute and witty and the short read will keep you entertained until the end. Crossing my fingers for more!!
Caren Gittleman
Caren Gittleman rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2014
Allendang
Allendang rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2013
Rylie
Rylie rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
Stanley Katrina
Feb 04, 2013 Stanley Katrina rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jml
Jml rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Book Giveaways: Stanley and Katrina giveaway 1 11 Jan 09, 2014 11:02AM
Great Middle Grad...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Free ebook Download 3/27-3/30 - COMPLETE 7 21 Apr 01, 2013 08:22AM
Free eBooks: Free ebook Download 3/27-3/30 3 32 Mar 27, 2013 12:45PM
Great Middle Grad...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Free today only - March 6 - COMPLETE 1 10 Mar 06, 2013 04:38AM
Great Middle Grad...: Stanley & Katrina 3 15 Mar 01, 2013 05:33PM
Creative Reviews: Humorous Children's Book Giveaway on Blog 1 3 Jan 09, 2013 05:29PM
  • Sir Princess Petra (The Pen Pieyu Adventures #1)
  • Hello There, We've Been Waiting for You!
  • Escape From The Forbidden Planet
  • A Smidgen of Sky
  • The Shadow of Atlantis (Shadows from the Past, #1)
  • Lobo's Howliday (The Adventures of Lovable Lobo, #4)
  • Fizz & Peppers at the Bottom of the World
  • Halitor the Hero
  • The Princelings of the East (Princelings of the East, #1)
  • The Christmas Owl
  • Four Fiends
  • Dewi and the Seeds of Doom
  • The Handfasting
  • Treasure (Seed Savers, #1)
  • The SockKids Meet Lincoln
  • Dragon Defender (Dragon Defense League, #1)
  • Noah Zarc: Mammoth Trouble (Noah Zarc #1)
  • Sea Monster and the Bossy Fish
Katrina von Cat the Master of Wisdom and Knowledge is an eight-year-old grey tabby cat who loves her toy mouse. Stanley is a three-year-old black Labrador/Rottweiler mix who does his best to ignore Katrina. Morty,a bunny, assists in the narration of their story. Our silly owners left the computer on. Join us online at http://www.stanleyandkatrina.com/
More about Stanley and Katrina...

Stanley & Katrina (2 books)
  • The Observations of the Obstreperous Animals (Stanley & Katrina #2)