Start by marking “Starlette” as Want to Read:
Starlette

Starlette

On the night of one of Hollywood?s biggest award shows, a mysterious villain and his minions carry out a series of attacks which completely annihilate the entertainment industry.

Around the world, industry professionals are slaughtered, leaving our society without one of its greatest influences. From the ashes of these attacks, a rebellion takes shape. The few remaining Ho
Paperback, Paperback, 600 pages
Published July 2012 by Kyle Andrews (first published July 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Starlette, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starlette

Kia
Aug 16, 2012 Kia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I must say, I've never come across a book like "Starlette" before. A war of cultural (and literal) survival is being waged between the mainstream entertainment industry and the classical literary world. The evil Bookworm has just completed a violent coup of the world intellectual scene, his minions having killed almost every actor and entertainment industry employee in one bloody, violent night. The few survivors of this holocaust have regrouped in an underground bunker known as The Studio, the ...more
Don Sloan
Jul 06, 2015 Don Sloan rated it it was amazing
What if almost everyone in the entertainment industry was killed in a single night by a psychotic villain by the dubious name of Bookworm? You'd have the opening events for a fascinating novel called Starlette -- one of the most unique books I've read in a long time.

On the night of a huge awards show, mass murder occurs, wiping out a whole host of likeable characters introduced in the book's opening chapter.

Holy Unorthodox Plot Twist, Batman!

Author Kyle Andrews makes up for it, however, by deliv
Julie
Sep 06, 2012 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, loved this book. It was dark, silly, predictible(in a good way) and funny. It was one of those books that I didn't want to end. I chuckled to myself, laughed out loud and even shed a tear.
Carson hall
Oct 07, 2012 Carson hall rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: too-bad-to-read
If this book was supposed to be humorous in any way, it misses the mark. If it wasn't supposed to be, it was unintentionally funny. I gave up in chapter two.
Rachel
Mar 27, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I will admit to being quite excited to read this book and it did not disappoint. It made me laugh and kept me entertained throughout the whole book. The "violent" moments were tastefully done and I felt the author wasn't adding this violence for a shock factor, but to add to the story. It was mocking and yet "honoring" the film industry, while "encouraging" reading (and by encouraging I mean if you were caught at the movies you'd die) Every chapter was well written to keep the suspense going and ...more
Alice
Nov 07, 2012 Alice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thids was a cross between Ramble and The Truman Show. It was confusing at times because the author did not know whether he wanted satire or to make a statement.

The Bookworm minions and The Studio PTB seemed to have more in common with each other. However; if this is a failure it is an interesting failure.
Christy
Christy rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2014
Susan Randolph
Susan Randolph rated it liked it
May 13, 2014
Melyooo
Melyooo rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2012
Anita Carlisle
Anita Carlisle rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2015
Samantha Mohney
Samantha Mohney rated it liked it
May 13, 2013
Lelina
Lelina rated it did not like it
Sep 11, 2012
Carole
Carole rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2012
JT Ruhland
JT Ruhland rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2015
Emily Cournoyer
Emily Cournoyer rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2015
Meira Pentermann
Meira Pentermann rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2011
Kyle Andrews
Aug 01, 2014 Kyle Andrews added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jeannine Harbison
Jeannine Harbison marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2011
Jan
Jan added it
Jul 04, 2012
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2012
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2012
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2012
BookishDreamer
BookishDreamer marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2012
Scott Leitner
Scott Leitner is currently reading it
Aug 28, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2012
micki
micki marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2012
Sharron
Sharron marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2012
Olivia Lerario
Olivia Lerario marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2012
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2012
Rachel
Rachel added it
Sep 06, 2012
Vienna Emmaline
Vienna Emmaline marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2012
Amanda
Amanda added it
Oct 03, 2012
Kyle Andrews
Oct 20, 2012 Kyle Andrews added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2012
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2012
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Kathy Stone
Kathy Stone marked it as to-read
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Violet
Violet marked it as to-read
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Jose
Jose marked it as to-read
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Kyle Andrews grew up with a love of writing and a fascination with film and television. He eventually began working in the entertainment industry, both on screen and behind the scenes. Taking what he learned from those experiences, he created the action/satire novel "Starlette" and devoted himself to being a full-time writer.
More about Kyle Andrews...