Lost to You (Take This Regret, #0.5)

Lost to You (Take This Regret 0.5)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  10,082 ratings  ·  650 reviews
People come into our lives. Some stay, and many go. Some build us up, while most tear us down. They become our friends, our enemies, our lovers, our tormentors.

Christian Davison came into mine, and I knew I’d never be the same.

To Elizabeth Ayers, New York City had always been a dream. She’s worked her entire young life to make it here.

Groomed to one day take over his fat...more
Published January 29th 2013 by Sapphire Star Publishiing (first published January 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lost to You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost to You

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireReal by Katy EvansClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareReckless by S.C. StephensEntwined with You by Sylvia Day
Best Books Published in 2013
187th out of 3,016 books — 6,679 voters
Never Too Far by Abbi GlinesWethering the Storm by Samantha TowleThe Game Changer by J. SterlingEyes Wide Open by Raine MillerConsumed by Emily Snow
Highly Anticipated Indie Books of 2013
190th out of 1,452 books — 6,896 voters

More lists with this book...

Aestas Book Blog
ITS LIVE ON AMAZON GUYS!!!!

*happy sigh* I loved this!! Absolutely fantastic!

I have to say that between this beautiful novella and the heart-wrenching yet uplifting novel “Take This Regret“, Christian and Elizabeth’s journey remains one of my all-time favorites love stories.

This book is the prequel story to Take This Regret that tells the story of Christian and Elizabeth meeting and falling in love with each other.

Overall, its the story of young love, a mistake, a regret, and a second chanc...more
Molly McAdams
Oh Lord! Amazing doesn't begin to cover it. Beautiful. Heartbreaking. Passionate...that's a little more like it.

Lost To You is an incredible look into the beginnings of Christian and Elizabeth, I'd been so excited to know how they began, but I hadn't been expecting this story A.L. Jackson had for us.

I fell in love with Christian all over again, but in a completely different way. I loved his younger, arrogant self, the way he cherished his friendship with Elizabeth, and the way he came to the cr...more
A.L. Jackson
Jan 22, 2013 A.L. Jackson rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: one-of-mine
Hope everyone enjoys the journey into Christian and Elizabeth's past. It was so awesome getting back into their heads and seeing where it all started.
Angie's Dreamy Reads
THIS REVIEW WAS POSTED AT ANGIE'S DREAMY READS

5 HEART WARMING AMAZING STARS

Sigh...YES she did it again, A.L Jackson made me cry!! This is the prequel to Take this Regret and I swear I cried while reading the prequel :/ I mean seriously WHO cries/bawls while reading a happy, fall in love prequel??!! This girl does....lol. I’m constantly in awe of AL’s writing. She has such a beautiful and eloquent way of making you feel every emotion and thought going through her characters heads. Her use of w...more
Taryn at My Secret Romance
This review is posted to My Secret Romance Book Reviews.

***If I could give this more than 5 stars I would.***

"Be with me."

Those three simple words...what they did to me is something that I can't even begin to explain.

Lost To You is the prequel to Take This Regret, one of my most favorite reads ever. Even though this is how Christian and Elizabeth came to be, I highly recommend reading Take This Regret first. You'll see why once you do.

With this story, we get two alternating point of views. At...more
Jennifer Kyle
Fantastic & Beautiful ~
A Must Read for Fans of Take This Regret!!!

Lost To You is the prequel to A.L. Jackson’s book Take This Regret. In my opinion, if you haven’t read Take This Regret yet, read this prequel first. This was one of the best if not best novella/prequel that I have read to date. I just loved how A.L. Jackson told the story of Christian and Elizabeth’s journey through friendship into a true modern day love story.

****I wish I could have read this book first, it made Take This R...more
Sanaa
Beautiful. Just Beautiful. Amy can do no wrong in her books. Absolute auto-buys for me!
Renata SG
NO ... NO!!! ... NO!!! ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO ....

AL JACKSON HAS KILLED ME ... LITERALLY ... I COULDN'T BREATHE WHEN I GOT TO THE END & YELLED OUT "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" ... I NEED MOREEEEEEEEEE ...

THIS BOOK IS BRILLIANT ... IT'S FANTASTIC ... IT DESERVES ALL 5 STARS & MORE. SO WELL WRITTEN WITH EACH CHARACTERS POV'S ...

SO GLAD YOU WROTE THIS PREQUEL AMY ...
I LOVED ITTTTTTTTTTT ... SQUEEEEEEEE .. JUMPING UP & DOWN CLAPPING MY HANDS LIKE A 5 YEAR OLD ... BUT I STILL WANT MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEE...more
P.A. Lupton

Do you ever have those times where you just don’t feel like reading? I’ve had a lot of work this week and a lot going on and was having a tough time focusing on anything. I decided that a short novella was the only thing I was up to reading, even though I knew it wasn’t fair for me to read this story when my heart wasn’t in it. I fully expected to be a bit blasé about it. Well, that is just not possible with A.L. Jackson. Wow, she knows how to write.

Despite the stresses of life and my total apat...more
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
In this prequel to Take This Regret we learn how Christian and Elizabeth meet..

I wish I read this before Take this regret but it doesn't matter.. I love Christian all the same..

Studying in New York at Columbia, Christian meets Elizabeth as they are paired together as study partners.

From the moment he sees her... He is taken by her.. Sitting in a coffee shop she is all he sees..

But Elizabeth is not one to fall for him charm... Christian is a player... And Elizabeth knows it..

This makes him want...more
Anne OK
“Lost to You” is one of the best short stories I've ever read. Christian and Elizabeth’s love story is so sweet and tender that my emotions got the best of me and tears fell. Having already read “Take This Regret” didn’t diminish one single moment in this beautiful prequel -- but only enriched the reading experience by taking readers back to the moment the magic first sparked between two young college students.

Because it’s always my preference, I was so happy to have the dual POVs allowing reade...more
Novel
I read Take This Regret last year and that was one of my favorite romance novels about "second chances". When I heard about Lost To You, I was really psyched because I really wanted to know how their relationship started. So, thank you Ms. Jackson for this wonderful prequel!

Elizabeth Ayers is an 18 year old freshman student of Columbia University. She was from San Diego and was raised by a single mother with her 2 sisters. She have always dreamed of moving to New York that's why she worked hard...more
Mollie♡JAMMF♡
SO ROMANTIC! I'll review it later. I need to start Take This Regret immediately!
Cindy

Everyone says to read Take This Regret first, but I'm kinda glad I didn't. Honestly, I'm not sure how I would have responded to the characters with the amount of pain and confusion that one starts with if I hadn't had the foundation first.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I know most people say to read this one after Take This Regret, but I'm not sure I agree.
Jessica's Book Review
Read more reviews on my blog | Like me on Facebook

A.L. Jackson is hands down my favorite author. I adore all of her books and how real they are. I can feel the love, the pain, the heartache in every book of hers I have read. I could not wait to read Lost to You, the prequel to Take This Regret, one of my favorite books by Ms. Jackson.

Lost to You is the story of how Elizabeth and Christian meet their freshman year at Columbia. It is a very short read book; more of the back story on the adorable c...more
Debra Presley
Lost to You is a beautiful, heart-stopping love story with a bit of heart-break thrown in the mix that tells the story of how Christian and Elizabeth came to be. You will sigh happily, swoon, smile, cry and get pissed off. What a great range of emotions to keep your face glued to your screen.

I was lucky enough to be given the ARC to this book to review and I can tell you that you won’t be disappointed. I posted on my Facebook page throughout and tortured and teased those chatting with me. A.L....more
Liz
Lost To You was a WONDERFUL book! This was the prequel to Take This Regret. In Lost To You, we meet Christian and Elizabeth, two of my favorite characters of any of the books I've read lately! Elizabeth Ayers is living her dream of moving to New York to attend college when she meets Christian Davison. By chance, they end up being each other's study partners for one of their classes, and at the first meeting, you can really see the chemistry between these too. I loved how A.L. Jackson made you fe...more
Annie Brewer
Thanks to the amazing AL Jackson, and my good friend for letting me read this early. I loved TTR and getting to see how it all started was everything I wanted. I love Christian..he's truly amazing!!! I loved this prequel. I was so excited when Amy asked me if I wanted an ARC. Omg did I die of excitement!!! Amy has easily become one of my favorite authors ever!! And she's become one of my dearest and best friends. Love her to pieces.

Fans of Take this Regret will love Lost To You.
M Marie
I enjoyed this prequel to Take This Regret. It was great to get a back story with college students Christian and Elizabeth and see how their relationship developed from friendship to love. I would suggest reading this first before moving on to Take This Regret. I think I would have enjoyed this sweet story even more if I didnt already know what the future held for these two.
Eme
5 MILLION LITTLE SHINING STARS HAD JUST ALIGNED!!

Stomach flipping. Heart lurching. Earth Shattering.

”From the moment I saw her, I knew something about her was different. I just never imagine it would change my life.”

I love this series so much. Reading the prequel of Christian and Elizabeth's epic love story is so beautiful. It was so awesome getting back into their heads and seeing where it all started. Once again the writing is so good, compelling that led me speechless. Breathtaking. Pow...more
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Lost to You, the prequel to the bestselling romance, Take This Regret
Good, I'll read this, then maybe the next book if this is good :D
Jackie Lane
DEFINITELY A MUST READ BOOK....I CAN'T WAIT FOR 1/31 TO GE HERE.

Review: I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this book from the Author.

So far, I have loved all of her book. This book was no exception. It is the prequel to Take This Regret. It took us back in time to the meeting of Christian and Elizabeth. The book was amazing. I wasn't sure how much I was going to get sucked in because it was a novella, but it was a bit longer than most novellas and had a "full story" as far as I was concerned.

I...more
Tammy  (Reviews by Tammy & Kim)
"The friendship we both needed was blossoming, growing, emerging into something indefinable."

I first found A.L. Jackson when I read Take This Regret and I was so moved by her story of heartache and love that she instantly became a favorite of mine. I adore stories that are filled with angst, love, chemistry, mistakes and second chances. AL gives us all of this in Take This Regret, and she does it to perfection.

Lost to You is no different, other than it leans more towards a sweeter tale of how C...more
Stacy
I was soo lucky to receive and ARC of AL Jackson's New Adult Novella "Lost To You", and it was amazing! I am head over heals in love with Christian Davison! Immediately I was able to connect with both Christian & Elizabeth. Amy's writing just hooked me from the first page...starting in Christians POV, I was enamored with him and felt his intense desire for Elizabeth...

Elizabeth at the first meeting with him, knows he is not a distraction that she can enjoy, he's not a risk that she can affo...more
Andrea
I can't even fully process how amazing this book was. AL Jackson has done it again! She just moved up as my second favorite author with this book.

It was so good!!!!

I'm so glad the author decided to release this AFTER Take This Regret because it really made everything in this book feel like a punch in the stomach because you know their future and how everything turns out.

Anyone who hasn't read Take This Regret yet really needs to read it before reading this because it really changes the way yo...more
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
Book Review – Lost to you (Take this regret 0.5 prequel) – A.L Jackson

A.L Jackson delivers another curtain-raising performance with ‘Lost to you,’ the stunning prequel for ‘Take this Regret.’

I’m not generally a huge fan of prequel novellas. I tend to prefer jumping in feet first; devour a novel in its full entirety, especially when said novel is a standalone. I enjoy taking that journey where there is a start, middle and ending that delivers closure, enabling me to breathe a sigh of relief at th...more
Jennifer Wolfel
I was so honored to be part of the ARC reading for this book.

A.L. Jackson just never ceases to AMAZE me! Her gift of delivering a story is simply inspiring. Her books are always full of passion and beautiful characters that you want to love and embrace from the moment it starts till the very end.

Take this Regret was an amazing story about second chances and redeptions for mistakes made in the past. Christian was young and stupid and didn't know what he was throwing away with his soul mate until...more
Stacey
LOVED it!! I am so in love with this author's writing! This book is the prequel to Take This Regret (TTR), which I loved. I am so happy that this was written because when I read TTR I was thinking I sure would like to see exactly how the H and h met. This made me enjoy TTR even more...

This is the story of Christian and Elizabeth. The story tells of how they meet in college became friends and fought to deny their true feelings. I love stories of friends to lovers. I really felt the chemistry and...more
Ann
4.5 Stars. Loved this one and didn't want it to end. Have to thank Anne for the heads up that this bk was out or I might have missed this one. A big high five...girl, you saved me from the bk blah I've been on lately. Since I'm such a huge fan of Take This Regret this prequel was an excellent telling of the beginning of Christian/Elizabeth's relationship. Great insight into these two complex characters and their backgrounds, especially Christian, knowing the life altering decision he will make i...more
Lori ~Lover of Books~
I really liked this novella. I read it as a prequel to Take This Regret. I am glad I did! I really enjoyed Christian and Elizabeth's chemistry, friendship, and eventual love! It was a very heart felt book and several times when I was reading I literally clutched my chest because I was overcome by emotion! It had a great pace. I could not put this one down! I finished it only hours after I started. I will for sure read more by A.L. Jackson. This story was incredibly well written and endearing! I...more
Lost to You or Take This Regret? 5 32 Oct 04, 2013 01:42PM
WOOHOO 10 110 Apr 10, 2013 06:20PM
  • Cloud Walking (Find You in the Dark, #1.5)
  • Ruining You (Ruining, #2)
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness, #2)
  • Pieces of You (Shattered Hearts, #2)
  • Don't Forget to Remember Me (The Remembrance Trilogy, #2)
  • In the Stillness
  • True Love Story
  • Ricochet (Addicted, #1.5)
  • All Over You (Devoured, #0.5)
  • Restore Me (Wrecked, #2)
  • The Last Hour (Thompson Sisters, #3)
  • Back to You
  • Remember When (Remember Trilogy, #1)
  • The Note
  • Thief (Love Me with Lies, #3)
  • Running on Empty (Mending Hearts, #1)
  • Hard to Resist (Hard to Resist, #1)
A.L. Jackson is the New York Times bestselling author of Take This Regret and Lost to You, as well as other contemporary romance titles, including If Forever Comes, Pulled and When We Collide, as well as the New Adult Romance Come To Me Quietly due out January 7, 2014.

She first found a love for writing during her days as a young mother and college student. She filled the journals she carried with...more
More about A.L. Jackson...
Take This Regret (Take This Regret, #1) When We Collide Come to Me Quietly (Closer to You, #1) If Forever Comes (Take This Regret, #2) Come to Me Softly (Closer to You, #2)

“Don’t you know that’s what college is about...students spending years gathering useless information they’ll never use again, going hopelessly into debt, just so they feel smarter than the rest of their family? I mean, that’s why I worked so hard to get here, anyway.” 8 likes
“don’t want to leave behind any question of how much I love you.” 0 likes