Start by marking “Breaking the Silence: Two little boys, lost and unloved. One foster carer determined to make a difference” as Want to Read:

From the Sunday Times bestselling author comes a true story of two deeply troubled boys both in need of a loving home.

This is the sixth title in the series.

The Watsons are astonished when they answer their front door to find their case worker with a small boy on the doorstep. Jenson is just nine years old. He was removed from his home thirty minutes earlier when it was dis
Published June 6th 2013 by Harper Element

To ask other readers questions about Breaking the Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking the Silence

Amy Taylor
Jun 14, 2013 Amy Taylor rated it it was amazing
Like all of Casey Watsons other books it is an amazing and inspiring book such a good read and a little emotional
Joanne
Jun 15, 2013 Joanne rated it really liked it
yet another heart breaking, heart warming story about foster care, and the challenges of such occupation. Kasey, you done it again. With your strength, courage, and devine love for the children.
Jingle
Jul 20, 2016 Jingle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: memoirs
Oh my heart, this book melted me. To be blatantly honest I had read this book because it came in a bundle with another Casey Watson book I had wanted to read. After finishing it I went on to this, and surprisingly found myself liking this even more. How Jensen and Georgie were had me so emotional and when Casey had maligned Jensen by accident I spent my time yelling 'Awwwww but Jensen!!!' He seemed the sort of mischievous kid that could cause headaches, yet deep down was so sweet and simply ...more
Liane
Mar 07, 2014 Liane rated it liked it
I did enjoy this book but I did also get quite frustrated. poor editing left some spelling and grammar errors as well as well known phrases which were written down wrong!

To say casey is meant to be some amazing foster carer I do find myself wondering if she is acting dumb to create story lines or, if events were genuine, if she is actually capable?? How many times will we have to read about her grandchildren being hurt or put in a dangerous situation by foster children, simply because she lacks
Rose Glover
Mar 21, 2014 Rose Glover rated it really liked it
Bubblesthefairy
Sep 08, 2013 Bubblesthefairy rated it it was ok
Yet again i put my self out there to be let down, After reading the last book by Casey Watson i thought id give the next one a try as i already had it. I feel just the same as i did about the last. It was ok if you have a wee while to kill but i wouldnt go recommending it to anyone. I have one more of her books that i may read as i think its a waste not to but i doubt ill read anymore after that one. Sorry Casey its just not for me!!!
Anna
Sep 14, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it
I have read a few of these type of books, including a couple by Cathy Glass, and really enjoyed them and this one was up there with the best I'd say. Very interesting and insightful, and very easy to pick up and read chapter after chapter. I whizzed through this book pretty quick and now I've finished it I've immediately looked up her other books and marked them in my 'to read' pile! Highly recommended :)
Patricia Kaniasty
Dec 08, 2014 Patricia Kaniasty rated it really liked it
This was a very emotionally charged book. I found myself getting frustrated right along with Casey at several points in the book. These poor kids and what they go through. I will never understand it. As a mother, it horrifies me what these parents will do.
Just
Sep 03, 2013 Just rated it really liked it
What a truly beautiful story of the love of a foster parent to bring out the best in the children entrusted to them. I have often debated whether to do fostering but I just don't know if I'd have the patience to do what Casey does. A truly amazing family.
Jen
Jul 31, 2013 Jen rated it liked it
I want to like this book as I do every other one of Caseys but the poor grammar mixed with the fact I think Casey was a bit careless in how she handled the boys in the story has held me back.
Rebeccadanielle
Jun 11, 2015 Rebeccadanielle rated it it was ok
I found this one harder to get into than the previous books I have read by Casey Watson. It's still a pretty good story.
Jeanine
May 31, 2016 Jeanine rated it it was amazing
It takes special people to be able to foster.. I appreciate that Casey shares her stories.. As always, terrific story.
Mel
Jul 17, 2014 Mel rated it liked it
Like all her books the story is engaging. The children she works with have so much issues and it's great to read the journey that they all take under her care. Keep writing them Casey!
Rosie
Sep 09, 2013 Rosie rated it it was amazing
fantastic just keeps getting betterand better book after book! phenomenal style of writing sy easy to read and lose yurself. read this in 2.5 days.
Merete
Jan 10, 2014 Merete rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, english
I learn so much from these kinds of books. But I have to say Kathy Glass' book are better. But still - one of my favorite authors!
Ellen
Ellen rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2016
Sara DiBella
Sara DiBella rated it it was ok
Sep 04, 2015
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2013
Jennifer Hablitz
Jennifer Hablitz rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2014
Philip (sarah) Willis
Philip (sarah) Willis rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2014
Shelby  Bagby
Shelby Bagby rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2015
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2013
Kelly Rich
Kelly Rich rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2014
Sston39
Sston39 rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2015
sara
sara rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2016
Karri
Karri rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2014
Dr CMW2
Dr CMW2 rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
  • Will You Love Me?: Lucy's Story: The Heartbreaking True Story of My Adopted Daughter and Her Desperate Search for a Loving Home
  • The Boy In The Cupboard
  • Hurting Too Much: Shocking Stories from the Frontline of Child Protection
  • Nobody Came: The Appalling True Story of Brothers Cruelly Abused in a Jersey Care Home
  • Silent Sisters