Start by marking “Battlescars: A Rock & Roll Romance (Battlescars, #1)” as Want to Read:
Battlescars: A Rock & Roll Romance (Battlescars, #1)

Battlescars: A Rock & Roll Romance (Battlescars #1)

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  8,157 Ratings  ·  580 Reviews
Aubrey Thompson is a twenty-three year old flight attendant for her dad’s small commercial fleet. She’s a sarcastic smartass that has no problem telling you where to go. She also despises rock stars…but that’s all part of the story. Her Granny Jean is spy and will have you laughing out loud.

In comes Jake Parker, the twenty-five year old lead singer of Battlescars. His rep
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 344 pages
Published March 12th 2013 by Sophie Monroe

To ask other readers questions about Battlescars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Battlescars

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberRule by Jay CrownoverHopeless by Colleen HooverThoughtless by S.C. Stephens
tattooed love boys
104th out of 1,027 books — 3,149 voters
Thoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. StephensThe Mighty Storm by Samantha TowleBackstage Pass by Olivia CunningRock Hard by Olivia Cunning
Epic Rockstar Stories
85th out of 581 books — 2,072 voters

More lists with this book...

Pam
Mar 18, 2013 Pam rated it really liked it
4 stars
”The key to finding lasting love is to find someone who loves you, battlescars and all.”

If you’re not a fan of "love at first sight", or you find yourself rolling your eyes at how fast two people fall in love than, this may not be the book for you, BUT if you could look past that and accept it as it is then you will find yourself getting lost in Aubrey and Jake’s story. However fast it may have been, there was a lot that happened in that short period that it seemed much longer.
”It r
mich
That book cover is a fucking liar.

The cover totally drew me in and evoked feelings that promised a certain kind of story. Feelings of intensity. Angst. Passion.

Well guys, just thought I’d let you know -- the actual story? It has NONE OF THOSE THINGS. Fair warning.

Another thing to consider before you buy this book -- if you are looking to read about an intense bad boy rocker, this book does not have that either. I don’t know who that dude on the cover is, maybe he’s the long-lost-way-more-interes
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
2.5 stars.

Wow, what can I say. I'm a sucker for a rock star book, and I swear one day I'm going to learn. There were some really cute/funny lines in the book, which for me saved it from being a complete skim-fest. I just found myself rolling my eyes or thinking "you've got to be kidding me" for most if the book. It's one of the worse cases if insta-love ever. I liked Jake, but honestly, I just couldn't see him as this rock-star hottie. He acted more like a silly middle-schooler most if the time
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
Rating Clarification 3.5 Stars

I really enjoyed Jake and Aubrey's story. It was sweet with a few twists that kept you on edge. I am excited for the next book in the series. I think it will be really good. If you love rockers you are sure to love this book. Check it out.
Misty Irish-pugmire
Feb 13, 2013 Misty Irish-pugmire rated it it was amazing
Got the privelage of an advance copy from the author. This is an awesome book! Strong female character, hot rocker boy and a Granny that has you laughing so hard your crying! What more can you ask for? Great story! Congrats on another great one!
M.
Mar 16, 2013 M. rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
Boring. I tried. I really did. The characters were flat and not believable. The book felt rushed and told instead of showed. I only read up to 37% and had to put it down. I couldn't stand the main chick. She had her claws out when she first met him & didn't retract those talons until almost 30%. And of course a bad boy rocker, even though he really wasn't a bad boy rocker, fell in love with her instantly. After day 2. Say what?

**SPOILER ALERT**

At 24% I was bored. Main character was winy and
Jexa
Mar 14, 2013 Jexa rated it it was ok
Maybe I could bump it up to 2.5 stars

I know that sounds terrible but I'm basing it solely on GR rating system. I can't say that I LIKED this but, I thought it was better than OK. There was something that had me wanting to keep going, something in between the lines, and I tried so hard to find but it just never fully developed. I never fully connected with the characters. I never felt any of their struggles or their emotions. Part of this I think was the fact that the story was VERY rushed. Every
♠ Becka & Cerys ♠ | Spitfire Reviews

3.5 Stars.
This book was very obvious, the plot line, you could see it coming a mile off
description
But surprisingly enough, I didn't dislike it.

Anyway, Im assuming that The band "Blood To Bleed" is named after the Rise Against song - one of my all time favourites actually.
description
Right I will start with the positive things: It was based around music that I like - 3 Days Grace, Adele ect...
The characters were acceptable. Not fantastic but I have read much much worse.
Now, on with the negative - Yea, what a fucking
J
Mar 14, 2013 J rated it really liked it
" So let's start over. I'm Jake Parker, and I'm not the womanising asshole that the media portrays me as."

"I'm Aubrey Thompson. I am opinionated and downright uncensored. Fair warning."

"I like you Aubrey. I can tell by your sarcastic undertones,rude comments and sheer lack of common decency that we're going to be friends in to time. I can just tell."

"Whatever you say, Boss."

Review to come, need to think about this one!!
Stephanie
Apr 01, 2013 Stephanie rated it liked it
This book has some good bones to it and definite potential to be fabulous. I was taken with Jake Parker from the minute Aubrey laid her eyes on him. What can I say? I’m a sucker for those bad boy rockers. ;) I was a little taken back by how sensitive and sincere he was though. Aubrey…. Ehhh…. I could do without. She kind of got on my nerves, but I get why she was so needy all the time. What rubbed me the wrong way was her constant saying of how she didn't need him. Her actions spoke louder ...more
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
Three Stars

**Sigh** This started out soooo good, but just slowly started to decline. I'll explain later...But for now, it was a cute, insta-love story, but there was just way too much details and the flow was choppy. I dunno.
Talltree
Jun 01, 2016 Talltree marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid
DNF...too much drama
❀ Crystal ✿ -
Oct 19, 2013 ❀ Crystal ✿ - rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-read-list, arc-s
*ARC Received from author for an honest review*
Was Battlescars absolutely-fan-freakin-tab-U-lous???
description
Battlescars was a perfect NA novel with enough bad boys, rock n roll and sarcasm to leave you panting for more.

Aubrey works as a flight attendant for her families’ small private airline. Hoping for some time off-she instead gets a call from her father about a last minute change of plans. Those plans revolve around Battlescars lead singer Jake. Aubrey is none too happy giving up her vacation in ord
 ♥  Barb ♥
**4 ROCK-stars**

This is the story of Jake and Aubrey. Jake is the front man for the rockband Battlescars. Aubrey is Jake's flight attendant and from there, the fireworks go off. They take their time to get to know each other and the sexual tension was driving me crazy. Aubrey has a past and is afraid to let anyone in and Jake also has a past and together they find something they didn't expect.....LOVE. No cliffhanger and a HEA, couldn't get any better than that! Oh and I can't forget to mention
Shannon
Feb 26, 2013 Shannon rated it it was amazing
I was so happy to be given an ARC of this by the author and here is my completely honest review: I loved this book. I devoured it.
It's the story of Aubrey and Jake. Aubrey is a stewardess for her dad's private plane company and Jake is a rock star from the band Battlescars. Jake hires Aubrey's dad's company for the duration of his tour which is three months. Not even one hour into the trip and Jake is already smitten. Aubrey isn't so smitten, though. She isn't your typical chick. She's pretty ha
Anja
Mar 19, 2013 Anja rated it it was ok
I am really unsure as to give this book two or three stars. It's not that I didn't like the story, I did, but it just never had me enthralled. I just didn't experience the whole 'couldn't put it down and was reading until the wee hours of the morning' with this book.

I really liked the book for the first few chapters. Aubrey was feisty, sarcastic and tough. I loved her humor and especially her reaction the first time she met Jake. Yet, after a while she seemed to lose her edginess that I found in
Karma♥Bites ^.~
Did I read it? No. Will I read it? Uh, no... and I would do a mini-lesson as explanation but why bother? After reading the blurb and skimming the preview, figure people can decide for themselves. Also, if I pick up a sexy story with a bad-assed rocker, in no way will the name "Justin Bieber" EVER be associated with the book.

I see no improvement so it would be more of the same: poorly written, juvenile and beggaring of belief. And now that I know that this author's books are geared towards YA/NA,
Dre
This one just wasn't as good for me as the previous book I read by Sophie Monroe. It was a little long and boring for me. It was too quick and easy for Jake and Aubrey with too much left in the book, so I couldn't understand what else could possibly happen, and I didn't feel like there was any chemistry between them. I thought Aubrey was a bit over the top with her bitchy, don't touch me attitude too.
Isabel
Mar 16, 2013 Isabel rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Heather Lane
Mar 28, 2013 Heather Lane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Hands down to Sophie Monroe.... This book is a must read...

5 ++ Stars.... AMAZING!!! yeah I said it this book keeps your attention not wanting to put it down till you finished it; and is exactly what happened to me..

This book is "Balls to the Wall".... okay where to start.. Love at first sight for Jake was not ever expected especially to Aubury who had her judgement on him before she even meet him. With being a "ROCKSTAR" he was given a reputation and with Aubury past she expected the worst in
Nicole Tetrev
Apr 10, 2013 Nicole Tetrev rated it it was amazing

" My granny always says "Women are like angels, when someone breaks our wings we continue to fly around on our broomsticks because we're flexible like that"

Amazingly heartfelt characters and great humor!
Jake Parker is Unbelievable he is the man you want, sweet, caring, funny, sexy and rich! Aubrey is almost broken you want to take her into your arms a d tell her everything is going to be okay. The two of them together is magic the were built for each other. I loved Aubrey's sassy sense of humor
Britney Romero
Feb 28, 2013 Britney Romero rated it it was amazing
I am not very good at this review writing thing but I will give it a shot because I absolutely loved this book! Jake Parker is the "rock god" that no one really understands and people believe him to be the exact opposite of what he is. Aubrey is a beautiful girl that has closed herself off from the world to protect herself from her horrible past and together they learn what love really is. Jake gets her to let down her walls and teaches her to love again by loving her unconditionally.

Battlescar
Nicole the Reading Ninja
Mar 03, 2013 Nicole the Reading Ninja rated it it was amazing
An emotional roller-coaster from start to finish and undoubtedly Sophie Monroe's best book yet! I loved everything about Battlescars. I lost count how many times I teared up either from sadness or joy! Even now, it being a week or so since I finished, I find my mind going back to this story again and again. So I know I will definitely be re-reading Battlescars, which is one of the biggest compliments I could give to an author.

ARC provided by author for an honest review.
Melissa
Mar 21, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
So I didn't think I could love a Sophie Monroe book more than Second Chance Romance but Battlescars is amazing I was hooked 10% in and at 13% I was Facebook stalking Ms Monroe to tell her I was in love. I don't know if I am more obsessed with Jake or Aubrey. I am not sure what book the one star reviewers were reading but it wasn't this gem of a story! Cant wait for Piper's story!
Vieira
Mohawk, tattoos and piercings! Yes please! I really liked this it was so funny. The sex scenes were moderate not the steam that I would have liked but the love story was good and the characters were really likable. Looking forward to the next one!
Kellie Maddox-Ward
In a nutshell??

kickass heroine.
Swoonworthy rockstar hero
tattoo's and piercings on both.
Bad pasts.
Insta lust
BAM insta love
bit of a story
HEA

Loved it
Shani
Feb 21, 2013 Shani added it
Where can i get a copy of this book???
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
I'm quite choosy when it comes to books. But a sucker for Rock Star romances, even though I didn't think this book was entirely perfect, I still didn't mind the ride.

Blurb: Jake is the lead singer for a band called Battlescars, he's gotta mohawk and tons of tattoos and piercings. After just getting off a tour he's called back onto another, he loves the music, but fed up of the crazy fans and work schedule. The media portrays him as a man-whore, but really it was only when he started getting famo
Mary Tatar
Feb 28, 2013 Mary Tatar rated it it was amazing
Battlescars: A Rock & Roll Romance is the second book I have read from Sophie Monroe. I received this copy from the author. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading this story. Rock Star Romance is fastly becoming my favorite genre of books. There are so many great Rock Star books out there that Battlescars is no exception.
Jake has the looks of a bad boy rock star but looks can be deceiving. He is funny, loving, loyal, and protective. He loves with everything he has. And Aubrey is one
Martha
Jan 14, 2016 Martha rated it really liked it
I did enjoy this book, but I felt it was rushed. Things happened so fast it was a bit urealistic at times.

I loved Jake and Aubrey. They found their soul mates in each other. Aubrey was so broken, hurt, and scared. Though she put on a tough front, she always came across as being a badass, but really she was fragile like glass. Jake put's her back together, takes the hurt away, and makes her believe in love and life again.

She no longer was scared. He took the fear she had to love, or to let hers
Kindle Lending (T...: Battlescars 3 33 Mar 17, 2013 03:43PM
  • Phoenix Rockstar (Biker Rockstar, #1)
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • Bullet (Bullet, #1)
  • Tracks (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • My Misery Muse (My Misery Muse, #1)
  • The Rocker That Savors Me (The Rocker, #2)
  • Picture Perfect (Renegade Saints, #1)
  • Irresistible Refrain (Tempest, #1; Black Cat Records, #4)
  • Get Bent (Hard Rock Roots, #2)
  • Wicked (Rock Me, #1)
  • Heartstrings (Rock Star Romance, #1)
  • Everybody Falls (Wynter's Vicious, #1)
  • Beauty in the Breakdown (Rock Star Romance, #1)
  • Falling Stars (Falling Stars, #1)
  • Rock My Bed (Black Falcon, #2)
  • Sizzle (Bad Boy Rockers, #1)
  • The Prelude (A Musical Interlude, #1)
Sophie Monroe is a twenty-something author from New Jersey. Her rock & roll romance series, Battlescars, is an Amazon and USA TODAY best seller.
-Battlescars:A Rock & Roll Romance (book I)
-Afflicted (book II)
-Conflicted (book III)

You can find her on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/sophiemonroewrites or shoot her an email @ sophiemonroe007@hotmail.com. She loves to hear from you guys!

***I rare
More about Sophie Monroe...

Battlescars (4 books)
  • Afflicted (Battlescars, #2)
  • Conflicted (Battlescars, #3)
  • Repented (Battlescars, #4)

“The key to finding lasting love is to find someone who loves you, battlescars and all.” 38 likes
“And what happens when I finally decide to let him in, and he tells me that he doesn’t feel the spark that I feel?”

“Then you Taser him and ask him again when he wakes up.” She laughed.”
31 likes