Start by marking “Second Chance Romance” as Want to Read:
Second Chance Romance

Second Chance Romance

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,199 Ratings  ·  214 Reviews
Julia Kline, known by her friends as Jules, had a rough time growing up with a dad that travelled constantly and a mom that was anything but a mother.
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 210 pages
Published January 3rd 2013

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chance Romance

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireWait for You by Jennifer L. ArmentroutThe Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesLosing It by Cora Carmack
NEW ADULT 2013
213th out of 1,195 books — 3,694 voters
Axel by Harper SloanReal by Katy EvansWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireDiamond Girl by Andrea  SmithLove Plus One by Andrea  Smith
Hottest Covers of 2013
76th out of 98 books — 244 voters

More lists with this book...

Brenna
Feb 24, 2013 Brenna rated it did not like it
Unfortunately, Second Chance Romance did not work for me like I had hoped.

It starts out as a childhood best friends to lovers story, where the couple it torn apart early on without closure. Jules and Noah haven’t seen each other for ten years when fate decides to bring them back into each other’s lives. Jules is working as an exotic dancer putting herself through grad school when Noah comes into her work for his bachelor party. So at this point of the story I was thinking that this was going
Jen
1.5 to 2 Holding Out for an Editor Stars.

Yeah, this one was a hot mess. I was warned of editing issues and because I got this as a freebie many, many moons ago, I downloaded the newly enhanced, all good to go newly professionally edited edition. Nah. This did have some serious potential, hence the non-dnf status, but there's a whole lot going on and nothing really explained. I've said it before and I'll say it again...no bueno.
Kirsty
Jan 07, 2013 Kirsty rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2013
At the time of writing this (07.01.2013) the book has actually been taken off of Amazon for editing. Unfortunately, I read it before the editing and am therefore reviewing that copy.

This book was very nearly a DNF. I got so close to it at times but in the end I decided I could get through it, just to see how the story ended.

I had so many issues with this book I'm not really sure where to start.

The grammar was really quite poor. There was rarely a paragraph, missing words, misspelt words and the
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Feb 07, 2013 Kellie Maddox-Ward rated it did not like it
As a cover whore I thought this looked awesome....

I made it to 11% when this happened...

Jules. Can we do lunch today? Pls. I need to talk to you.

I texted back. I could only assume who it was.

who is this?

There was a response almost immediately.

.... I know you don't want to talk to me, but I NEED to talk to you

fine since I let him go and now he has to come charging back in like an angry bull. Now I can't get him out of my head.

ed. How would you fiance feel about texting me?

happened and I
Kat
Feb 16, 2014 Kat rated it did not like it
description

TODO paso super rápido, o sea, fue como un flash, por así decirlo.. No tuve tiempo ni a parpadear.

Bien, o sea, ellos se conocen, son amigos, follan, se enamoran, la madre zorra de la chica los separa, se encuentran, ella esta dolida y no lo quiere aceptar, él intenta recuperarla, se reconcilian, la zorra mala de la historia intenta matarla compinchada con el imbécil enamorado y obsesionada, se separan, se reconcilian y se casan y.. tienen bebes..

¿QUÉ. DEMONIOS?

description

PERO POR FAVOR, ES TODO UNA MALDITA
Kim
Feb 13, 2013 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
If we're going to go through life not giving anyone a second chance, what kind of life are we going to have?

Noah knew the first time he saw Jules on the swing when she was six years old and he was eight that she was meant to be his. They grew up together, were best friends, fell in love, but it was all ripped away....

Fast forward to present day:

Jules: Victim of an abusive mother, strong, independent, insecure, fearful, kind, beautiful, and damaged.

Noah:strong, successful, loving, intelligen
Tiffany Readz
Feb 03, 2013 Tiffany Readz rated it really liked it
Despite all of the negative reviews, my book buddy decided that we needed to read this, and I am glad she did. I enjoyed the story as this was my first Sophie Monroe book, and I wouldn't mind reading another.

Yes it had grammatical errors, but I am not reading it like an English teacher, I am reading it for entertainment value. There were not so many errors that I couldn't enjoy the story Sophie was trying to tell.

Maybe because I am a sucker for the long lost love theme, who knows, but the story
Karma♥Bites ^.~
Due to comment posted Jan 5th (and deleted Jan 6th), this author just made my "never, ever in a million years" list. Most insulting was this:
"...I never claimed to be a professional writer, ... As for wasting peoples hard earned money it's $3 ... so I'm not breaking bank accounts..."

***** ORIGINAL 5-Jan-2013 REVIEW*****

UNFORTUNATE TRIFECTA: POORLY WRITTEN, JUVENILE & BEGGARS BELIEF

[ETA: Months after posting my review, someone asked me what was so unbelievable, resorting to the lame "this i
Noelia
Apr 12, 2016 Noelia rated it did not like it
No entiendo como pude torturarme leyendo este libro hasta el final. Tengo la estúpida costumbre de empezar un libro y por más que este fuese horrible, terminarlo. Pero después de esta lectura, me arrepiento terriblemente de mi decisión.

Tiene una trama realmente estúpida, todo es tan cliché, los personajes son planos, la escritura y narrativa es terrible.
Tengo que decir que he leído mejores novelas adaptadas con Zac Efron y los Jonas Brothers cuando tenía 13 años.
J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
2.5 Stars
The cover and the synopsis for this book caught my attention right away. And when the book went FREE I grabbed it. I know the author has gotten a lot of complaints and poor reviews regarding formatting and grammatical errors. My review is not reflective of either of these issues. I purchased my copy prior to the author taking the book down from Amazon and honestly my copy did not really have any formatting issues. The chapter cut-offs were not clear--as in a new chapter didn't always st
Ilene
Jan 31, 2013 Ilene rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It might have even been due in part to everyone being so negative. The comments seemed almost personal. Freaking out because some of the tabs are misaligned, really??? The mistake that stuck out the most to me was using Karma Sutra instead of Kama Sutra, but I found it funny. In my nutty mind the misuse was ironic more than anything.
Jules mom has got to be the biggest bitch in the world. For what she did to Jules she deserves to have her uterus ripped out & shoved down h
Kristine
Jan 06, 2013 Kristine rated it really liked it
“What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you’ll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don’t ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins. I’m a firm believer in second chances, and if we’re going to go through life not giving anyone a second chance, what kind of life are we going to have?”

--- the story is predictable, but I really love the quotes, passages and the lines the author put in this boo
Olivia Delaquila
Feb 01, 2013 Olivia Delaquila rated it it was amazing
I have found another great author!!! This book is an absolute must read. Sophie takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride. You feel the happiness and pain of Noah and Jules. You experience things from both main characters POV and a secondary character as well. Ellie and Jackson are fantastic best friends. Yes, there are a few formatting issues but there are no missing pages and the issue does not hinder the reader at all. I highly recommend this book and look forward to whatever Sophie write ...more
Nicole Tetrev
Feb 17, 2013 Nicole Tetrev rated it it was amazing
Fantastic, touching, heartbreaking sweet are only a few words that could describe Seond Chance Romance. The synopsis doesn't do the story justice, you absolutely MUST read tis book. Sophie Monroe has suh a wonderful ability in story telling, you want the characters to be your best friend, hug them when things go bad and laugh right along with them. The humor in this book was sassy and witty something not very easily achieved. Read this book!
Lexa Salindato
Feb 07, 2013 Lexa Salindato rated it really liked it
OMG! this book is like a close 4.5 stars for me...it's like Fifty Shades meets Gabriel's Inferno meets The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window and I freaking loved it!!!

I like that Jules is really strong and has her "bitch mode on" from time to time lol but whatever happens I think I'll always adore Chase and forever be torn between him and Noah ;)
Ladiiluck0527
Feb 21, 2013 Ladiiluck0527 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the story. I wanted more of what happened to Jules when she moved to New York and was sent to boarding school but over all it came together. I gotta say at times I hated Jules and her decisions even if she thought yet were good ones! I wanted to smack her! I also enjoyed their dancing as felony and misdemeanor! Great storyline from a fellow jersey girl! Two thumbs up!
Raquel
Jan 06, 2013 Raquel rated it really liked it
I know there has been some bad reviews on this book. Not sure what they were reading but, I thought this was a great book!! Thanks Sophie for the great read. I love the positive feeling I have after reading this one. It's definetly left me with a good feeling and I love the ending :-)
Stephanie Riegle
Jan 29, 2013 Stephanie Riegle rated it it was amazing
This book was great. Had all the emotions that you look for. I was laughing hysterically thanks to the main characters best friends. What a great book!
Maggg
36 de 181.
En esa página me quedé, lo siento, no pude seguir más.
Primero antes que nada... La escritura de algunas historias de Wattpad es mejor que esa, parece que la han sacado de ahí.
Segundo... No necesito terminar el libro para saber lo que pasa... En 36 págs ha pasado lo siguiente (SPOILER A CONTINUACIÓN):
-Como la madre de Jules la separa de Noah y pasan una semana romántica bla bla bla.
-Jules trabaja en un club de stripptease y hay una despedida de soltero en la que el soltero es Noah.
-Noah
Kizzy
Jan 07, 2013 Kizzy rated it it was amazing
cute :) loved their HEA
Melissa Hardy
Jan 06, 2013 Melissa Hardy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013
I really enjoyed Second Chance Romance. It's currently free on Amazon so I would encourge everyone to get it and make your own decision of how good it is. It's the 3rd book that Sophie has published and it is where she finally found her writing groove. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little worried to read it because of all of the negative reviews, but I am so glad that I didn't listen to them, this book was really great! It had a twist that I wasn't expecting and followed the love story pattern that ...more
Michelle
Feb 16, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, maybe 4. LOL man oh man the grammar police hate this book! And they are so mean!!! yes there are a lot of mistakes in the book, but it doesn't ruin the story at all!! For me it didn't anyway. Some mistakes actually made me snicker a little so it was ok for me. Over all though, this was a GREAT STORY. The characters and plot were well developed. It kept me turning the page. I loved Jules and Noah. Both great characters and they had so much chemistry, history, love, passion and friendsh ...more
Mary Tatar
Feb 22, 2013 Mary Tatar rated it it was amazing
I have to say this book took me by surprise. Second Chance Romance by Sophie Monroe had me from the first chapter. One of those books that I didn't want to put down. The perfect recipe for one great romance.

This story was about one couples journey through a love lost and as the title says a second chance romance. These characters really were strong and determined to make things work. There certainly were a few roadblocks along the way though. A jilted ex and an ex that just couldn't let go. Unf
Kim Person
Feb 25, 2013 Kim Person rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazon-freebie
When I first found this book I was instantly intrigued with title of the book. A second chance, a chance to reunite wiht a lost love, what are the "chances" and most importanly what would this second chance yield. When the book starts 10 years earlier you witness young love so strife with heartache I was...........................................

Jule's and Noah neighbors, best friends, and then boyfriend & girlfriend. The glimpse of the life Julia had led with her mother, Abigail, was atrosc
Sylvie
Jan 07, 2013 Sylvie rated it really liked it
Another amazing read!!!
I want to be Jules... (main character)
She's had a rough life but the Jules we are introduced to exudes confidence and control... She's a pole dancer and seemingly amazing at it, she's a brilliant student at Uni, she has beautiful men falling at her feet, and an amazingly supportive best friend...
You know what happens don't you?!
It all comes crashing down :( Jules is confronted by her past and it all gets a little bit sad!
Got to be honest this book gripped me from the
The Little Black Book Blog
This review was posted to The Little Black Book Blog: http://littleblackbookbloggers.blogsp...

If I had two words to describe this book it would be "absolutely sweet"! This is one of the sweetest love stories that I have read to date and being that I am a total romance junky, that is saying something!

Second Chance Romance tells the story of a brave, young woman named Julia Kline. "Jules" as she is referred to by her friends, is an exotic dancer living in New York City with her best friend Ellie
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

When she’s six she meets her new neighbor Noah Sinclair. The pair quickly become best friends. He looks after her and when they're teenagers their relationship turns romantic. They didn’t account for Jules’ malicious mother stepping in and tearing them apart, leaving Jules broken hearted.

Present Day:
Jules is going for her Master's degree and workin
Jan 09, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
Summary:

Jules is working as a dancer to make enough money to get herself through college. She has been through a lot in life and her mother has made sure it was never easy. The last thing Jules ever expected to happen was run into ex-best friend/ex-boyfriend at work one night, especially since he was there as the Groom of a bachelors party. Then he asks for a second chance at being her one and only, but those around them have other things in mind.

Favorites:

“It’s always been you, Jules. Sinc
Casey Peeler
Feb 15, 2013 Casey Peeler rated it it was amazing
I believe in second chances…. what about you? This is exactly what happens to Julia. Noah has been her best friend and protector since the age of 6. They have been inseparable until Julia is forced to move with her mother… if that is even an appropriate term for her. Julia is shipped off to boarding school where she meets her best friend, Ellie. Together the graduate, attend college, and graduate school together. They even share the stage at a Double D’s Gentleman’s Club to pay for college and b ...more
Taylor Bryan
Sep 20, 2013 Taylor Bryan rated it really liked it
Yeah so here's the thing....I agree with the fact that the grammar was a little off here and there. Maybe I read a newly updated and edited book maybe I didn't. However, I didn't see half the mistakes these people were talking about! I even went back and double checked to be sure and nope- didn't see it. Every book I have ever read has spelling and or grammar mistakes. Some more than others but nevertheless- every.single.one! Some of these 'book bloggers' and reviewers on here absolutely disgust ...more
  • Undertow
  • Falling for Nick
  • Vexxed  (Just Breathe Ephemera, #4)
  • Because of Lucy (Butterfly Days, #1)
  • Champagne Toast (Love of My Life, #2)
  • Phoenix Rockstar (Biker Rockstar, #1)
  • Damaged But Not Broken (New Adult Rockers, #1)
  • Crossing Paths
  • Love and Relativity
  • Say Yes (Glenbrook Girls, #1)
  • Fighting Fate
  • What Goes Around...
  • Up For the Chase
  • Slick as Ides
  • Little White Lies
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
  • Olivia
  • After Thoughts
Sophie Monroe is a twenty-something author from New Jersey. Her rock & roll romance series, Battlescars, is an Amazon and USA TODAY best seller.
-Battlescars:A Rock & Roll Romance (book I)
-Afflicted (book II)
-Conflicted (book III)

You can find her on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/sophiemonroewrites or shoot her an email @ sophiemonroe007@hotmail.com. She loves to hear from you guys!

***I rare
More about Sophie Monroe...

“If I was really a bitch I’d make your life a living hell. Instead, I’ll just stand by and watch you do that yourself. You seem to do a pretty good job at it.” 55 likes
“He seems like a good guy but you need to find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot and who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will stay awake just to watch you sleep. Who wants to show off how pretty you look even in sweats...Who thinks you’re just as pretty without make-up and reminds you how lucky he is to have you. The one that says ‘that’s her.” 15 likes