Start by marking “The King's Falcon” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The King's Falcon

Paula Fox

The King's Falcon

Published June 28th 1991 by Peter Smith Publisher (first published 1969)

To ask other readers questions about The King's Falcon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King's Falcon

Edy
Jul 20, 2011 Edy rated it really liked it
What could possibly entice a king o give up his kingdom to become a falconer? King Phillip realizes tha the has not found happiness n his kingdom as king. With the aid of the falconer, the king learns the art of falconry, then finds and trains a young falcon. As a falconer he finds the peace and contentment that he lacked as the king.

(I read this novel in the 70s when I was taking an adolescent lit. class. The critique came from one I did for the class.)
Lars Guthrie
Aug 10, 2008 Lars Guthrie rated it it was amazing
A highly unusual fable of castles and kings, featuring a bored king, married by arrangement to a dull queen twenty years his senior (an arranged marriage), who rules over a shabby and lackluster kingdom. How he gives up that kingdom for a song and finds meaning in life kept me interested. Highly recommended.
Christina Karvounis
Jan 20, 2016 Christina Karvounis rated it it was amazing
A beautiful allegory for change and choosing a change. A moving story without intending to be so.

Read it to my 10 and 12 y.o. sons and our conversations following centered on themes of growing up, looking for your passion and preparing for the journey to meet it.

Wonderful.
(Read 1969 release)
Florian
Florian rated it really liked it
May 04, 2017
Perizada
Perizada rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Lindy
Lindy rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2013
Poornima
Poornima rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2011
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2017
Grace
Grace added it
Apr 12, 2017
Sarah added it
Apr 04, 2012
Paula Fox was an American author of novels for adults and children and two memoirs. Her novel The Slave Dancer (1973) received the Newbery Medal in 1974; and in 1978, she was awarded the Hans Christian Andersen Medal. More recently, A Portrait of Ivan won the Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis in 2008.

A teenage marriage produced a daughter, Linda, in 1944. However, given the tumultuous relationship wi
More about Paula Fox...