Start by marking “A Wild Ghost Chase (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
A Wild Ghost Chase (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #3.5)

A Wild Ghost Chase (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery #3.5)

Phantom PI Paul Harrison from the national bestselling Haunted Guesthouse mysteries returns with a tale of his own in a house full of ghosts, secrets, and spectacular oceanside views…

Three years ago in a large Victorian house on the Jersey Shore in the town of Harbor Haven, fledgling private investigator Paul and his client, Maxie Malone, were murdered. Since then, recent
ebook
Published December 31st 2012 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about A Wild Ghost Chase, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Wild Ghost Chase

Ivonne Rovira
E.J. Copperman’s novella, A Wild Ghost Chase, is an enjoyable read, but it’s not up to the usual standard of Copperman’s Haunted Guesthouse series. Part of it lies in the narration being handled by Paul Harrison, a rather dry Canadian private investigator turned ghost, rather than by the more ebullient Allison Kerby, the owner of the Jersey Shore guesthouse.

But part of the problem lies in a less-than-scintillating tale of a lost little ghost boy who says he’s the spirit of the son of Lenni-Lena
Tiffany
Jan 11, 2013 Tiffany rated it it was ok
I've read the other guesthouse mystery books in this series and so I when I saw a kindle only edition for $2 I thought why not. Besides, this one is from Paul's perspective, and I often like reading a story though a different character's perspective. This was just o.k. though. It really is a short story rather than a full sized book. 7 to 8 chapters is all. By the time you feel like you are out of the introduction to the story, you have 2 chapters left. I felt like the writing was stiff and redu ...more
Sandie Laughner
Oct 15, 2014 Sandie Laughner rated it it was amazing
This was a short story book and I loved it.
Resident ghost, former PI, Paul Harrison encounters the ghost of a young boy looking for his mother. Paul enlists the help of the other resident ghost, Maxie, who also lives in Alison Kerby's guesthouse. Alison, her daughter Melissa and Alison's mother, Loretta, can see and interact with the ghosts.
The young boy gives Paul incorrect information as to his mom could be-- will Paul & company be able to find her?? Read this fun book and find out!! :)
Kim
SR C book
Ming
Jan 27, 2013 Ming rated it liked it
A fine little filler from Paul's point of view.
K
Feb 26, 2014 K rated it liked it
The story was ok. I listened to this story and the narrator was horrible! So bad, in fact, that I had trouble getting through the whole thing and it was only about two and a half hours long.
Alice
Sep 08, 2013 Alice rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
the story idea is great but the story was just OK..the narration was reminiscent of a primary grade school teacher reading to her class
Barbara
Jan 06, 2015 Barbara rated it it was ok
Recommended to Barbara by: Catherine
Some authors can write very good novels, but aren't very good when they try to write a novella. That may be the case here. I'm being overly generous giving it two stars. (Just don't tell the author. I want to avoid hurt feelings.)

Don't knock yourself out looking for this installment in the Haunted Guesthouse Mysteries. The writing is stilted and doesn't do anything to advance the series so you won't be missing anything if you skip this one. Giving the author the benefit of the doubt, maybe she
Cindi Moss
Just ok

Just ok. Quick mystery, from Pauls point of view, which was distracting & confusing. Glad it was a library book & not something i paid for.
Jenna
A Wild Ghost Chase is a novella falling between the third (Old Haunts) and the fourth (Chance of a Ghost) in E.J. Copperman's Haunted Guesthouse mystery series. I have been a fan of this series from the beginning, so I was a little surprised that I didn't enjoy this novella more than I did. Don't misunderstand me: I did enjoy A Wild Ghost Chase, just not as much as others in the series.

Unlike the others in the series, A Wild Ghost Chase is narrated by Paul, one of the spirits living in Allison's
Imjussayin
Dec 06, 2016 Imjussayin rated it it was ok
A Wild Ghost Chase: A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery Book 3.5
For the fullest enjoyment read in chronological order.

The Protagonist: The Haunted Guesthouse series is usually focused around Alison Kerby, the Guesthouse landlady but not in this case. P.I. Paul Harrison, the Ghost of the guesthouse takes us through this tale, where he takes centre stage.

The Plot:Paul comes across a ghost boy who is searching for his mum. The boy says he is the spirit son of Chief White Eyes, of the Lenni-Lenape. The tri
Dharia Scarab
Mar 13, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle

4 sta
Adrienne Testa
Jan 16, 2013 Adrienne Testa rated it really liked it
A new twist on being a private investigator,. this is not a series for everyone. You have to let your imagination run wild to enjoy this ghost story. The private investigator was murdered on his first case, along with his client. hey resided in the house where they were murdered solving mysteries with the help of live people. this story involves finding the truth of an eight year old boy and reuniting him with is mother. and, finding the answers using both the spirit world and the real world.
Vickie
Feb 28, 2013 Vickie rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook
Short and sweet and a nice Haunted Guesthouse fix before I go get the next in the series. This one is told from ghost PI Paul's POV and owner of the haunted guesthouse, Alison, is sort of on the periphery.
Paul discovers a ghost boy wandering the house. He appears to be a Native American boy of 8 and this boy wants Paul to find his mother.
A very lovely story. I can highly recommend this series.
❂ Jennifer
A fun between-the-books short story told from the perspective of Paul, one of the Guesthouse's resident ghosts as he tries to find the mother of a small ghost boy. A clever mystery that involves all the secondary characters of the series, with a minor role played by Allison, the main character in the series.
Namiko
Dec 28, 2015 Namiko added it
This is a short side story of the A Haunted Guesthouse series. Paul narrates the story instead of Alison. It is interesting how different from Alison he describes other characters, Alison, especially Maxie- he thinks she is "intelligent."I sometimes forgot that Paul was talking and confused what they were talking about.
Lisa Hall
Aug 20, 2015 Lisa Hall rated it really liked it
This is a novella from Paul's point of view. He's found a small boy in the house, a ghost who says he's a member of a Native tribe that once lived in the area. He wants Paul to find his mother, but as Paul begins to research, holes form in the boy's tale.

This was a quick, enjoyable listen. I enjoyed seeing Allison and Melissa from an outside perspective.
Anastasia
Apr 24, 2016 Anastasia rated it liked it
A Wild Ghost Chase by E.J Copperman is a short installment in the Haunted Guesthouse weries. Ghost private investigator Paul takes on a case involving finding the mother of an 8 year old ghost claiming to be from a North american indian tribe from 200 years ago. A nice cozy short mystery with all the familiar characters.
Sue Ross
Jan 08, 2013 Sue Ross rated it it was amazing
This isn't your usual murder ghost story. There's a sweetness to it that warms your heart on a cold day. A Wild Ghost Chase gives you a look into Paul's personality a little better. Maxie is her usual self. A very short and easy read.
Barb
May 16, 2015 Barb rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love, fav, awesome-blossom
I don't want to give any secrets away, this is a great book and the lengths everyone goes to help the "little ghost" is awesome. As a parent of a "special needs" kid, I am always amazed how this particular disorder pops up in books, movies etc. when you least expect it. Well done EJ!
JoAnn77PL
Jan 07, 2014 JoAnn77PL rated it it was amazing
I liked the idea of Paul as lead+character rather much. The story, throughout the reading, was becoming more and more evident so no surprises there. It was light and quick read, with enough appearances of our favourite characters, like Loretta, Alison or Liz :)
Mstv
Dec 18, 2015 Mstv rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick read & some interesting history included

This one seemed more geared for tween to YA reading, which I didn't find so much in the others I've read. Still good, if a bit simp!e.
annemarie_bookaholic
Nov 07, 2013 annemarie_bookaholic rated it really liked it
A good novella!
Tricia
Dec 12, 2013 Tricia rated it it was amazing
I completely enjoyed this cozy paranormal mystery read!
Hilary
Nov 05, 2014 Hilary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-ghost
A nice little filler novella between two of the main books, allowing us to gain just a little more insight into the ghostly members of E J Copperman's world.
Drew
Apr 13, 2015 Drew rated it liked it
Shelves: audible, cozy-mystery
A fun short story in the Haunted Guesthouse series. An interesting change in perspective being told from Paul’s point of view rather than Alison’s.
Victoria
Sep 09, 2014 Victoria rated it really liked it
I've read all of the books and loved them. Allison Kerby (same name as one of the ghosts from "Topper") is a great heroine, love her personality. I also love all the ghost interactions.
Holly Mergogey
Sep 07, 2015 Holly Mergogey rated it liked it
Was good the story was from the ghost point of view, I feel I got to know the Characters a little better.
Nora-adrienne
Feb 24, 2013 Nora-adrienne rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal-cozy
I downloaded this from Amazon when my friend E.J. said it was available. I finally got to spend the day reading it. I loved it.
Donna
May 11, 2014 Donna rated it it was ok
Horrible narration!
  • Deadly Patterns (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #3)
  • The Silent Ghost (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #3.5)
  • A Fright to the Death (A Family Fortune Mystery, #3)
  • Murder on the House (Haunted Home Renovation Mystery, #3)
  • Dead Suite (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #4)
  • The Skeleton Takes a Bow (Family Skeleton Mystery #2)
  • A Touch of Gold (A Missing Pieces Mystery, #2)
  • Plagued By Quilt (A Haunted Yarn Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Tulle Death Do Us Part (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #6)
  • Final Catcall (A Magical Cats Mystery, #5)
  • Trouble in the Tarot (A Fortune Teller Mystery #3)
  • Some Like It Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #5)
  • Hex on the Ex (A Mind for Murder, #3)
  • Ghost Ship (Port Chatham Mystery #2)
Librarian note: E.J. Copperman is the pen name for author Jeff Cohen

E.J. Copperman is a mysterious figure, or has a mysterious figure, or writes figuratively in mysteries. In any event, a New Jersey native, E.J. has written for such publications as The New York Times, Entertainment Weekly, American Baby and USA Weekend. Night of the Living Deed is the first E.J. Copperman novel. It will be fol
More about E.J. Copperman...

A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery (8 books)
  • Night of the Living Deed (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #1)
  • An Uninvited Ghost (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #2)
  • Old Haunts (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #3)
  • Chance of a Ghost (Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #4)
  • The Thrill of the Haunt (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #5)
  • Inspector Specter (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #6)
  • Ghost in the Wind (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #7)
  • Spouse on Haunted Hill (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #8)