Start by marking “Somebody's Angel (Rescue Me Saga, #4)” as Want to Read:
Somebody's Angel (Rescue Me Saga, #4)

Somebody's Angel (Rescue Me Saga #4)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  3,797 Ratings  ·  322 Reviews
When Marc d’Alessio first rescued the curvaceous and spirited Italian Angelina Giardano at the Masters at Arms Club, he never expected her to turn his safe, controlled life upside down and pull at his long-broken heartstrings. Months later, the intense fire of their attraction still rages, but something holds him back from committing to her completely. Worse, secrets and m ...more
Published December 22nd 2013 by Kallypso Masters LLC (first published December 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Somebody's Angel, please sign up.

crashqueen73 I read the first three in this series a while ago now and then felt as you do so I stopped reading! I am going to see if I find it any better now that…moreI read the first three in this series a while ago now and then felt as you do so I stopped reading! I am going to see if I find it any better now that I have had a break from them. I will post my review when I am done and let you know :)(less)
Bet Me by Jennifer CrusieCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsIt Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThe Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Best Ever Contemporary Romance Books
65th out of 3,244 books — 6,839 voters
Bared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesDark Lover by J.R. WardBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireMotorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley
Hot Alpha Males
15th out of 1,352 books — 1,208 voters

More lists with this book...

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
It's LIVE! It's live! It's finally live! OMG! I feel like I've been waiting forever for this book! Best Christmas gift EVER!

Vivian
Jan 20, 2014 Vivian rated it liked it
I like this series, but this one was a little over done. I really feel that the story really did not need 588 pages to tell this one. I understand Marc had growing up issues and that is what made him run from everything. But, we get about two hundred pages of Marc hashing the same things over and over. And going back through his childhood. It was really boring. I skipped five chapters because of the boredom. Also, the last two chapters were of Marc rehashing his childhood and that was boring.

Thi
Lesly Ferguson
Sep 25, 2013 Lesly Ferguson marked it as to-read
wtf, come on already I can't wait any longer, this is torture.
Sylvia
Mar 28, 2016 Sylvia rated it did not like it
This is not a stand alone book. You must read the previous books in the series to have any sort of understanding of what is going on.

This may be more of a comment than a review. I think the author is trying to write a series that is all things for all readers. This effort was completely overdone for what Marc was going through. It was so convoluted at times with such a big lead up, that when the "secret" came out I wasn't really sure if that was it.

I am not in the lifestyle. I read about it only
Morgan
Jan 02, 2014 Morgan rated it it was ok
A bit disappointed in this book. I've loved the series so far, but this book just didn't hook me. It definitely wrapped something's up, but I felt it was a bit long winded.
Sue
Jan 05, 2014 Sue rated it really liked it
There was way too much time between book 4 and book 5 in this Series. I would like to say first off this has always been my favorite series until now. I waited so long for this book to be released. I think I gave it to much of a build up in my head.

This story about Marc and Angelina needed to be told. His journey of self awareness is interesting and long. It's just not the story I expected about these two. It was however an interesting journey. I thought in a way it took all of Marc's manliness
Rebekah
Feb 13, 2014 Rebekah rated it it was ok
Shelves: alpha-doms
Let me begin by saying I have really enjoyed this series up until this book. I haven't finished it, and honestly don't think I will. I was so confused about the main characters Marc and Angelina. Their personalities would change in .001 seconds. One would be loving or understanding one minute and not even 2 words later the character went the exact opposite. While reading 1chapter the ending was cut off, I still don't know what happened. Next issue I had was the timeline. Didn't Marisol help Ange ...more
Dianne
Aug 23, 2015 Dianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 stars. I've been waiting for a long time to read this book and it's been on the back burner for months. Somebody's Angel was well worth the wait. I fell in love with Marc even more. I actually loved this even more than Nobody's Angel because it seemed more real. I loved learning more about Marc and his pain and the depths both Angelina and Marc would go through for one another. I am so happy Marc and Angelina had gotten their happily ever after.
Karsyn
Feb 12, 2014 Karsyn rated it it was ok
So tired of stories with a D/s relationship where there is no trust. Even working on trust in D/s is so stupid and they should be doing scenes, which they basically were doing, not having an actual relationship. And ugh with Adam not wanting to touch Karla. This book just irked me in every single way. Don't know if I care to read anymore because of this one, and I had loved the others. 1 1/2 stars because I'm feeling generous.
Carol (Mocha)
I truly enjoy this series. It brings a realism to the story. We are not perfect and neither are these characters. While submissive sexually, Angelina is a strong woman, capable of being independent until she chooses to relinquish herself to Marc.

Thank you Kallypso for another wonderful story!
Pam
Mar 21, 2015 Pam rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy this series, but this book totally missed the mark for me. Both Marc and Angelina were way too whiny for me and the constant reiteration of their internal dialogue was annoyingly repetitive. I just didn't buy it.
Nicole
4.5 Stars!

Very emotional and intense. Not a story but a journey.

Also, I'm dying (metaphorically of course) to read Luke and Cassie's book. I just know I'm going to love it because I adore his character.
~Steph~Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

I love this series so much - and I have to say that I think that this book is definitely my favorite in this series. Marc and Angelina were so amazing together, and my heart broke so many times as their relationship faced so many bumps and blows, that I wasn't sure they could ever overcome. Trust issues between both of them, along with memories of Marc's childhood seemed to bombard them from all sides. Marc really proved himself by what he did to fight his demons - and they both p
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Dec 24, 2013 Cindy ~ SnS Reviews rated it really liked it
When we started this journey we met 3 men who were all so different. Adam who was grieving so deeply for his wife and was ready to give up on life and his career in the military, Damian who met his soul mate but lost her all in the same night, and Marc who suffered from great guilt over the death of his brother Gino. Adam went to lead these men in battle that left them all with both physical and emotional scars to add to the ones they already brought into war.

In each of their stories Kally goes
Phuong
Dec 27, 2013 Phuong rated it it was amazing
I am a HUGE fan of this series and author Kallypso Masters. This author sure knows how to get her readers "hooked" on these fascinating and complex characters. I could not stop reading Somebody's Angel as the story progressed and I was dying to find out what was haunting Marc and keeping him from committing to Angelina. I liked that Angelina stood up for herself and gave Marc that push to come to terms with his past and his well-guarded emotions. We finally got to see the man behind the wolf mas ...more
Suzee
Jan 02, 2014 Suzee rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-it
I was hovering between 4 and 5 stars about halfway through this book, and in the end was hovering between 3.5 and 4 stars. I just felt it was too wordy between Marc and Angelina in the last chapters, and also I was daydreaming through a few other chapters, wanting to get to the finish line. It was a good story, and incorporated all the Masters at Arms, but I just felt some of the conversations were to formal.
Poly
Dec 17, 2015 Poly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Could be better with 200 pages less...
cjbt57
Jan 29, 2014 cjbt57 rated it did not like it
I found this book so confusingly awful that I returned it.
Shaly
Jan 18, 2014 Shaly rated it liked it
Shelves: kallypso-masters
Originally I was going to rate this book a three because quite frankly I didn't see the need for Marc and Angelina to have a whole other book to keep discussing Marc's crazy ass erratic behavior. Then my rating bumped down to a two because, while I adored Angelina's character in Nobody's Angel, her character in this book left much to be desired. She reminded me of Karla's character, a crying, whiny, needy child...she was super annoying...WTH!

Then something amazing happened, the story totally cha
Lisa
Apr 16, 2015 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was in desperate need of an editor! The first half was so unnecessarily repetitive it could easily have been cut down a third or more and would have greatly improved the book. Overall this book really didn't add anything of value to the saga and was a struggle to get through. A pity since I had really enjoyed the characters and the writing up to now and was raving about the books to a friend. Feel a tad bad about that now and definitely clarified my opinion of the saga, and this book i ...more
Lin #Historical lover...❤️
All this book needs to be 5 star to me is a better editor!!!

The author is horribly verbose and very repetitive. Even her book intros are long winded. I spoke with her about it on Facebook and realize that she really can't help herself that's just how she thinks. It seems she is as stuck in her own head as her characters.

Even if a character thinks one thought 10 times a day for a month that does not mean I want to read about it 300 times!!!!! This book more than any other suffered from the repea
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review

5 STARS

Unbelievable, emotional, heartbreaking, heartwarming … Somebody’s Angel was an emotional roller-coaster that had me stunned, surprised, crying and smiling. Marc needs to face his past and Angelina has to have the patience and understanding of a saint to see him through the toughest part of his life. Love has conquered them but trust may ruin them.

We all know about Marc and Angelina from Nobody’s
Ame
Mar 28, 2016 Ame rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 Stars... Disappointing compared to previous books in the series.

First let me say that I absolutely adore this series and I love Angie and Marc almost as much as I love Damian and Savi. So I was excited, if not a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, to move onto book 4. After the first book, I can definitely understand why the author felt the need to further explore Marc's background since he didn't really seem to develop as a character in the first book, at least not in the way
Carla
Jan 23, 2014 Carla rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014, bdsm
Very disappointed in this book.
Cori Garrod
Jul 29, 2013 Cori Garrod marked it as to-read
Any news?!
Kathryn
Linger (v): to stay somewhere beyond the usual or expected time; to continue to exist as time passes; to remain alive while becoming weaker.

I use this definition for this story because it explains what this book has done, for me. It has lingered for the past four days as I forced myself to spend time with my family during the holidays (and yes, force, is the right word as I could have curled up and finished it in a matter of hours). It has continued to exist even after finishing it earlier in th
JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends
Starting this book so soon after reading “Nobody’s Perfect” probably wasn’t the best idea especially as “Nobody’s Perfect” had left me completely and totally emotionally drained and wrung out by all of the traumas faced by Damian and Savi but I need not have worried. Marc’s story developed into something really special and worthwhile that by the end I felt like I’d been riding yet another emotional rollercoaster.

The previous books hinted at cracks opening up in Marc and Angelina’s relationship a
Erin Lewis
Feb 25, 2014 Erin Lewis rated it it was amazing
Just finished one of the best books I have ever read. Kallypso Masters you are a genius. Somebody's Angel book 5 in the Rescue Me Series is absolutely brilliant. If you haven't read the previous 4 books, then please ensure you do before reading this one. They need to be read in order. Marc and Angelina's journey is nothing short of miraculous. I felt so many emotions reading this book. I laughed, I cried, I screamed, I worried, I shook my head in amazement. I was torn by the obvious division bet ...more
Oonagh
Jan 11, 2014 Oonagh rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm-romance
I was slightly disappointed....Sorry! I absolutely love Kallypso's books but this just was slightly off....The opening felt like it should be attached to the previous book and not as a stand alone and I wished I'd read them together to really get into the mood and feel of the scenes quicker. It took me a while to settle into this story and remember what had gone before and the list of names at the beginning scared me so I bookmarked them just in case I got lost but didn't (luckily)!

As for the s
Gudrun
I really liked the previous books of this series and the beginning of this one too. But as soon as they travelled to Italy it seemed the author's timelines did not make any sense.
At first I was distracted by their flight from Denver to Milano, that time schedule did not seem right.
Then the visit with Mrs Milanesi: She was Natalia's school friend thus the same age (~66).As long as she was the boy's babysitter she had no children of her own. So since Marc and his family emigrated to the USA - 23
Book Four In Kallypso Masters' Bestselling Rescue Me Series 4 41 Oct 23, 2014 06:43AM
fantastic read 1 41 Dec 21, 2013 03:59AM
  • Love and Let Die (Masters and Mercenaries, #5)
  • If Only (Masters of the Shadowlands, #8)
  • The Denim Dom (Suncoast Society, #5)
  • Bad Boy Dom
  • Delayed Penalty (The Dartmouth Cobras, #5)
  • Levi's Ultimatum (Purgatory Masters, #2)
I've published six in the Rescue Me Saga, the latest being NOBODY'S DREAM with Luke and Cassie's story and major updates on Adam and Karla, as well as Megan and Ryder who were introduced in NOBODY'S LOST. Current reading order:

MASTERS AT ARMS & NOBODY'S ANGEL (FREE)
NOBODY'S HERO
NOBODY'S PERFECT
SOMEBODY'S ANGEL
NOBODY'S LOST
NOBODY'S DREAM

Kallypso Masters writes emotional, realistic Romance novel
More about Kallypso Masters...

Rescue Me Saga (6 books)
  • Masters at Arms & Nobody's Angel (Rescue Me Saga, #0.5 & 1)
  • Nobody's Hero (Rescue Me Saga, #2)
  • Nobody's Perfect (Rescue Me Saga, #3)
  • Nobody's Lost (Rescue Me Saga, #5)
  • Nobody's Dream (Rescue Me Saga, #6)