Start by marking “Betrayal of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood, #2)” as Want to Read:
Betrayal of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood, #2)

Betrayal of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood #2)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  557 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Ilan has narrowly escaped her last encounter with the soldiers of the evil Praetor but many of her outlaw friends have not been so fortunate. When her closest companion is dragged off to Selbius for execution, Ilan has no choice but to defy the captain of the forest brigands and journey to the stronghold of her enemies.

Risking exposure, both as an outlaw and a possessor of...more
Published December 8th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Betrayal of Thieves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Betrayal of Thieves

Jean Book Worm
Another decent read for me. But I honestly enjoyed the first book more. I just felt the pace was faster than this one. This one was a bit too slow for me to keep up. But, the end of the book just left me speechless. Wow, I can understand why the title is called "Betrayal of Thieves."

Plot's Rating: 3/5
I did not enjoyed this plot as much as the first book. I felt that the story was just plain. It's a little draggy and too short. She tries to find her companion who has gone missing. But in the end,...more
Irish
I have this ebook waiting on my kindle for the past few weeks. I just decided to continue the series since I want to read something in a fantasy genre. However, the sequel fell short for me. It was draggingly slow and nothing much happened. Well, what can I expect for a 180 pages book? I guess this is a good example of books that are not meant to be cut down to series. I think the story will have a total of 4 books wherein it would have fit in just one or two books.

Anyway, the plot is very predi...more
Maria
3.5/5 stars

*Please note there may be some spoilers for the first book in this review - I would suggest reading the first book before this one (although you can get by without it)*
Betrayal of Thieves if the second book in the Legend of Dimmingwood series. The story takes off right where the first book finished. In this book Ilan is going in search of Hadrian who said he would help her understand her magic. However, things don't go entirely as planned when Terrac is captured by the Fists.

Character...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Ilan journeys to Selbius in the hopes of rescuing Terrac from harm. Ilan also hopes to gain some knowledge of how to control the magic within her with Hadrian's help. Ilan finds that life in Selbius is very different from life in Dimmingwood. Ilan hopes to blend in with city folks and not be robbed either. Ilan hopes to meet Hadrian during the festival but she's attacked and misses the meeting. Ilan aids a thief named Fleet in his bid to freedom from the city guards. Ilan demands that Fleet help...more
Rob Slaven
As usual I paid nothing for this book but instead received it for free as part of a LibraryThing giveaway. It's also worth mentioning that I read only this second book in the series and not the first.

In a nutshell, our protagonist finds herself on a quest across the continent in search of her kidnapped friend. During her journey she finds herself increasingly under the thrall of an ancient artifact that has come into her possession (think "Precciousssss")

From a pure writing standpoint our autho...more
SARIT
The story of Ilan keep unfolding in his windily way at 2nd book "Betrayal of thieves".
Greenwood keep my fascination all the way in this book too. So now I am waiting impatiently for the 3rd and the 4th.

Now you meet a little bit mature Ilan - as she learn one thing or more in life. Still she is strong headed and impatience kind but at list she developed some morality sense. She also learn somthing new about the types of magic and her שcquired "arcane bow".

Other characters:
** Terrace -(the "nerd"...more
Wolfjack
***My review first published on LibraryThing 7/18/13***

(Disclaimer: Received this ebook free through the LibraryThing Member Giveaway review program)

This ebook, Betrayal of Thieves, Legends of Dimmingwood, Book 2, is pretty much dialogue and narrative based, very low on action. I found this ebook enjoyable, just not quite the same level as Book 1, Magic of Thieves. I'm curious to see where Book 3 may go, someday.

I'm not alway onboard with 1st person narratives, but just like
Book 1 in the Legend...more
Joseph Boboy
I really enjoyed this book and recommend it to those who are looking for something new to read.

If you're looking for a heroine in a nice book series to start? Well “The Legends of Dimmingwood” series might be what you are looking for. In Betrayal of Thieves, Ilan is a young thief who, after the death of someone close, leaves her old life for something better. In this sequel, which I just recently finished reading, she journeys off to the city for a special meeting and in hopes to rescue her capt...more
joseph bedford
Book 2 gets better

The story line is better with more development of the characters and how they change. the chapter placement almost seems to be done by the number of pages. 10 pages means time for a new chapter. along with the odd chapter placements it appears as if they are just dragging out one or two books into several books. just my thoughts....
Morandia
Again,a rather fluffy book. Entertaining enough, but little depth or character development. Also, this one seemed to have some gaps, for lack of a better word. It seemed to be an extensive outline of a book rather than the actual book.
Amanda Richards
I won this book on LibraryThing's Member Giveaway.

Ilan starts to think for herself and tries to help out her friends while trying to reevaluate who she is and what she wants from life.

I thought the story was good fun. It elaborated nicely on the previous story, adding in back stories and whatnot. There were some things that irritated me like, Ilan's random mood swings, her bizarre loyalty to the Hand, Terrec's shift in feelings for Ilan and what caused that. But these are just minor, preference...more
shaundiin silversmith
Great book

I thought it was a good book because I luv magic and adventure and most of the things in this book
Carma Farrar
Enjoying the continuing story of this young girl and how she is developing her personality and talents.
Suzette
The first book was better, which wasn't that good anyway. I'm unimpressed overall.
Tiffany
Fun read! Engaging storyline and enjoy the new characters; planning on continuing with the series.
Jessica Mccarty
completed the second book in the Thieves series this morning. It was better than the first, can only think the third and those after can only get better. The characters are becoming more developed, the plot though could still use more work. Though I can't complain when I got the book for free, you get what you pay for, right?!
Tiffany
Liked this one as well as the first, maybe better. I felt that Ilan finally was feeling some sense of loyalty when she goes after Terrac. I was pleasantly surprised at Terrac. I am glad he stopped being the rug for Ilan to step on. I wanted there to be more about the magic and about Hadrian but it seemed to gloss over those parts. I also wasn't sure how I felt about how Ilan kept the bow close despite warnings. Not sure how that will continue in the coming books.
Jo LaRue
This was not as good as the first book and as I go through this series... this book was too short but long on unnecessary rhetoric. Too much fluff for my tastes and could have been split up to make book 1 and 3 longer, IF the most of the fluff had been cut out. Reading book three now and it is much faster paced to read.
Justin
An ok continuation of the series, found it a little slow for how short it is, nothing special about this book. if you liked the first one it's worth picking up but if your on the fence I would say pass.
Jessica
Very good continuation of the first book. Once again, it easily brings you in and holds onto you until you finish. I'm looking forward to the next one in the series. :)
Kristy Harvey
The next second book of the series gets you a little more hooked. Keen to read on further. Once again a short novel, but for the price, worth the read.
Derek Balaam
This book was great, I know it's geared towards YA, but I enjoyed it and highly recommend it to anyone that likes fantasy.
Candy
A simple easy read. I am not sure I like Ilan. The story wasn't much. Extremely short book.
Tim Gannon
The 2nd book in the series. It still has potential but I am becoming more doubtful.
Amy
Good followup to Magic of Thieves.
Debbie
now waiting to read the next one!
Julie
I don't know, it was alright, I guess.
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
  • True Love's First Kiss (Queen of the Realm of Faerie 1-3)
  • Prince of Light
  • Evanescent
  • Betrothal (Queen's Honor, #1)
  • The Warble
  • Iron Bloom (Legend of the Iron Flower, #1)
  • Sun Mage (Blacklight Chronicles, #2)
  • Broken Stone (Souls of the Stones, #3)
  • The Underground Witch (Incenaga, #2)
  • The Bone Knife: A Short Story
  • Vulture (The Ferryman + The Flame #3)
  • The Last Swordmage (The Swordmage Trilogy, #1)
  • Shooting Stars (A Surah Stormsong Novel, #1)
  • Midwinter
  • Binding Spell (Tales of the Latter Kingdoms #3)
  • Mine to Spell (Mine, #2)
  • Volcrian's Hunt (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #3)
  • Spirit Binder (The Cascadian Chronicles #1)
Magic of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood, #1) Circle of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood, #3) Redemption of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood #4) Legends of Dimmingwood Series: Books 1-4 Mistress of Masks (Catalysts of Chaos #1)