Start by marking “Betrayal of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood, #2)” as Want to Read:
Betrayal of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood, #2)

Betrayal of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood #2)

3.7  ·  Rating Details ·  1,443 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Ilan has narrowly escaped her last encounter with the soldiers of the evil Praetor but many of her outlaw friends have not been so fortunate. When her closest companion is dragged off to Selbius for execution, Ilan has no choice but to defy the captain of the forest brigands and journey to the stronghold of her enemies.

Risking exposure, both as an outlaw and a possessor of
Published December 8th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Betrayal of Thieves, please sign up.

David I'm guessing someone made a deal with Amazon. It's the only place I've seen anything but the first volume as an ebook. Just gives me another reason to…moreI'm guessing someone made a deal with Amazon. It's the only place I've seen anything but the first volume as an ebook. Just gives me another reason to shun Amazon, I hate enforced exclusives like that.(less)
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. MaasCrown of Midnight by Sarah J. MaasThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsGraceling by Kristin CashoreDivergent by Veronica Roth
'I Am Woman Hear Me Roar'
211th out of 554 books — 630 voters
Storm and Silence by Robert ThierThe Shy Girl Has a Gun by MakeandofferViper's Creed by T.L. ShrefflerBetrayal of Thieves by C. GreenwoodTo Catch a Bad Guy by Marie Astor
Best Of Wattpad
4th out of 16 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Oct 21, 2016 T. rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-beta-prize
I received Betrayal of Thieves as a free copy from the author. The gifting did not determine the review/rating, which reflects my honest opinion.

While I enjoyed this second book of the Thieves series, I don't feel there was enough forward progression of the overall story line, considering the length of the book. I worry that future installments will drag, and I also noticed the word count seems to be shorter. The magic bow, featured on the covers of books one and two, is simply something Ilan c
Oct 08, 2016 Laurel rated it liked it
It hasn't exactly shown what the main plot line of this story is but i do hope it will soon as well as reveal some of the unexpected results in this book.
Jul 18, 2013 Wolfjack rated it really liked it
***My review first published on LibraryThing 7/18/13***

(Disclaimer: Received this ebook free through the LibraryThing Member Giveaway review program)

This ebook, Betrayal of Thieves, Legends of Dimmingwood, Book 2, is pretty much dialogue and narrative based, very low on action. I found this ebook enjoyable, just not quite the same level as Book 1, Magic of Thieves. I'm curious to see where Book 3 may go, someday.

I'm not alway onboard with 1st person narratives, but just like
Book 1 in the Legend
Apr 09, 2013 Maria rated it really liked it
3.5/5 stars

*Please note there may be some spoilers for the first book in this review - I would suggest reading the first book before this one (although you can get by without it)*
Betrayal of Thieves if the second book in the Legend of Dimmingwood series. The story takes off right where the first book finished. In this book Ilan is going in search of Hadrian who said he would help her understand her magic. However, things don't go entirely as planned when Terrac is captured by the Fists.

Rob Slaven
Mar 28, 2013 Rob Slaven rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, librarything
As usual I paid nothing for this book but instead received it for free as part of a LibraryThing giveaway. It's also worth mentioning that I read only this second book in the series and not the first.

In a nutshell, our protagonist finds herself on a quest across the continent in search of her kidnapped friend. During her journey she finds herself increasingly under the thrall of an ancient artifact that has come into her possession (think "Precciousssss")

From a pure writing standpoint our autho
Jul 17, 2015 Mo rated it it was ok
This was more like a 2.5 for me, as I did like it more than the first book, Magic of Thieves, but any warm feelings I had for it were tempered by a general lack of interest. Some of that disinterest faded toward the middle of the novel as the plot began to pick up. It still took longer than usual for me to get through this book, in part because it felt like a stopgap point between bigger events in the series. At least, I'm assuming some Big Shit will happen down the road.

As for what I liked more
I have this ebook waiting on my kindle for the past few weeks. I just decided to continue the series since I want to read something in a fantasy genre. However, the sequel fell short for me. It was draggingly slow and nothing much happened. Well, what can I expect for a 180 pages book? I guess this is a good example of books that are not meant to be cut down to series. I think the story will have a total of 4 books wherein it would have fit in just one or two books.

Anyway, the plot is very predi
Jean Book Worm
Another decent read for me. But I honestly enjoyed the first book more. I just felt the pace was faster than this one. This one was a bit too slow for me to keep up. But, the end of the book just left me speechless. Wow, I can understand why the title is called "Betrayal of Thieves."

Plot's Rating: 3/5
I did not enjoyed this plot as much as the first book. I felt that the story was just plain. It's a little draggy and too short. She tries to find her companion who has gone missing. But in the end,
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Ilan journeys to Selbius in the hopes of rescuing Terrac from harm. Ilan also hopes to gain some knowledge of how to control the magic within her with Hadrian's help. Ilan finds that life in Selbius is very different from life in Dimmingwood. Ilan hopes to blend in with city folks and not be robbed either. Ilan hopes to meet Hadrian during the festival but she's attacked and misses the meeting. Ilan aids a thief named Fleet in his bid to freedom from the city guards. Ilan demands that Fleet help ...more
Mar 01, 2013 SARIT rated it it was amazing
The story of Ilan keep unfolding in his windily way at 2nd book "Betrayal of thieves".
Greenwood keep my fascination all the way in this book too. So now I am waiting impatiently for the 3rd and the 4th.

Now you meet a little bit mature Ilan - as she learn one thing or more in life. Still she is strong headed and impatience kind but at list she developed some morality sense. She also learn somthing new about the types of magic and her שcquired "arcane bow".

Other characters:
** Terrace -(the "nerd"
Joseph Boboy
Sep 07, 2013 Joseph Boboy rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and recommend it to those who are looking for something new to read.

If you're looking for a heroine in a nice book series to start? Well “The Legends of Dimmingwood” series might be what you are looking for. In Betrayal of Thieves, Ilan is a young thief who, after the death of someone close, leaves her old life for something better. In this sequel, which I just recently finished reading, she journeys off to the city for a special meeting and in hopes to rescue her capt
Julie Powell
Jun 29, 2016 Julie Powell rated it it was amazing
A great book two of the series (I actually have the books one to three collection but wanted to review each one separately), which delves further into Ilan's 'journey'.

She defies the forest band to rescue Terrac and finds herself in the midst of enemies... She also befriends a thief and remembers someone who may help with her mission, however...

This part of the series may feel as if it's going nowhere, but it's important for character experience and development because events change her emotions
Amanda Richards
I won this book on LibraryThing's Member Giveaway.

Ilan starts to think for herself and tries to help out her friends while trying to reevaluate who she is and what she wants from life.

I thought the story was good fun. It elaborated nicely on the previous story, adding in back stories and whatnot. There were some things that irritated me like, Ilan's random mood swings, her bizarre loyalty to the Hand, Terrec's shift in feelings for Ilan and what caused that. But these are just minor, preference
David Shaver
Dec 14, 2015 David Shaver rated it liked it
My only problem is that everything seems to develop SOOOOOO slowly. In the first book, the main character finds a bow. Through the second book, she has yet to even use the bow. I realize that these are short books, but through two, I kept expecting SOMETHING to happen, but nothing really does. The first book was a bit better, I think, since there was some action, some introduction of characters, etc., but this one didn't really advance the story much at all. I don't know if I'll continue the ser ...more
Jan 25, 2015 Theo rated it liked it
? This story doesn't make sence to me. Any time a author tries to make bad good and good not what you want it doesn't fly with me. The author is over colorful. It's never met me at the tree, it's met at the big beautiful tree with graceful arching branches that reach to the ground with the aromatic leafs of gold and brown. I think the author is being payed my the word. A little over done, maybe?
Aug 18, 2013 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Liked this one as well as the first, maybe better. I felt that Ilan finally was feeling some sense of loyalty when she goes after Terrac. I was pleasantly surprised at Terrac. I am glad he stopped being the rug for Ilan to step on. I wanted there to be more about the magic and about Hadrian but it seemed to gloss over those parts. I also wasn't sure how I felt about how Ilan kept the bow close despite warnings. Not sure how that will continue in the coming books.
Jessica Mccarty
Apr 05, 2014 Jessica Mccarty rated it it was amazing
completed the second book in the Thieves series this morning. It was better than the first, can only think the third and those after can only get better. The characters are becoming more developed, the plot though could still use more work. Though I can't complain when I got the book for free, you get what you pay for, right?!
Kate Farron
Jul 15, 2016 Kate Farron rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
A pretty nice sequel, I still love Ilan as a narrater and I definitely loved the edition of Fleet as a character. He's definitely a character I wion't mind spending a lot of time with. It was nice to see some development for Ilan, finally accepting Terrac as a friend and all. Eager to read the next!
Jan 29, 2016 Anthea rated it liked it
Slightly disappointed.

This has an interesting story, that I would like to know the ending to, but this book 2 of the series didn't accomplish much in the way of story progression for me, I just expected more. This, like the first, is also an extremely short book, and that is a definite pet hate of mine. Not sure if I'll continue now.
Rochelle Tiche
Feb 13, 2016 Rochelle Tiche rated it liked it
Too short

Confusing, frustrating, and no romance. Barley any action in this one. It was all about finding this one guy that can help her find this other guy. And in all of this she meets another guy. But is there any romance between the three guys and the one girl? No they all treat each other like jerks.
The whole book was Ilan looking for Terrac. That was it. Sure there were a couple new people and a new setting but not much else going on. I don't find Ilan to be very personable and that's a turn off. This book, just like the first and probably the next, doesn't have a real end. Just "A Resting Place." I don't think I will continue the series.
joseph bedford
Jan 19, 2016 joseph bedford rated it liked it
Book 2 gets better

The story line is better with more development of the characters and how they change. the chapter placement almost seems to be done by the number of pages. 10 pages means time for a new chapter. along with the odd chapter placements it appears as if they are just dragging out one or two books into several books. just my thoughts....
Jo LaRue
Jan 03, 2014 Jo LaRue rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This was not as good as the first book and as I go through this series... this book was too short but long on unnecessary rhetoric. Too much fluff for my tastes and could have been split up to make book 1 and 3 longer, IF the most of the fluff had been cut out. Reading book three now and it is much faster paced to read.
Mar 25, 2016 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
For a cross between a short story and a fuller length book it is okay. The story lacks a bit of depth like part of the plot is missing. Lots of unanswered questions and almost makes me no to want to read any further. I will give it another try. On to the next book.
Rachel Hendrickson
Jul 14, 2015 Rachel Hendrickson rated it it was amazing
I love this series!

I love this series and hire the author paints such a vivid picture of what is going on. The variety of characters is stunning and keeps me motivated to read more!
Apr 24, 2013 Justin rated it it was ok
An ok continuation of the series, found it a little slow for how short it is, nothing special about this book. if you liked the first one it's worth picking up but if your on the fence I would say pass.
May 22, 2014 Morandia rated it it was ok
Again,a rather fluffy book. Entertaining enough, but little depth or character development. Also, this one seemed to have some gaps, for lack of a better word. It seemed to be an extensive outline of a book rather than the actual book.
Jun 01, 2015 mirba rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I wish people understood the concept of thieves before giving the books in a serie that title.

See book one for my review.
Aug 27, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Very good continuation of the first book. Once again, it easily brings you in and holds onto you until you finish. I'm looking forward to the next one in the series. :)
Kristy Harvey
Jul 19, 2013 Kristy Harvey rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
The next second book of the series gets you a little more hooked. Keen to read on further. Once again a short novel, but for the price, worth the read.
  • True Love's First Kiss (Queen of the Realm of Faerie 1-3)
  • Caprion's Wings (The Cat's Eye Chronicles #3.5)
  • Stardust (Of Dust and Darkness, #2)
  • Prince of Light (Prince of Light, #1)
  • Fallen Embers (Alterra Histories #2)
  • Broken (ShadowLight Saga, #2)
  • The Underground Witch (Incenaga, #2)
  • The Summoner (The Legends of Arth, #1)
  • Severed Stone (Souls of the Stones, #0.5)
  • Iron Flower (Legend of the Iron Flower #2)
  • The Darkest Hour (The Swordmage Trilogy, #2)
  • A Darkness at the Door (The Theft of Sunlight, #1)
  • Beyond the Iron Gate (A Lost Kingdom of Fallada Novella)
  • The Warble (The Bernovem Chronicles Book 1)
  • Fragile Destiny (The Aether Chronicles, #3)
  • Mine to Spell (Mine, #2)
  • Vulture (The Ferryman + The Flame #3)
  • A Feast of Souls (Araneae Nation, #2)

Legends of Dimmingwood (6 books)
  • Magic of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood, #1)
  • Circle of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood, #3)
  • Redemption of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood, #4)
  • Journey of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood, #5)
  • Rule of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood, #6)