Start by marking “Give Me Love (Give Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
Give Me Love (Give Me, #1)

Give Me Love (Give Me #1)

4.02  ·  Rating Details ·  6,281 Ratings  ·  514 Reviews
Evie Jamieson, a former wild child, is not only a headstrong, smart-mouthed trouble magnet, she is also a lead singer with a plan. That plan involves relocating her band, including her two best friends guitarist Henry and band manager Mac, to Sydney to kick off their dreams of hitting the big time.

Jared Valentine is the older brother of Evie's best friend Mac and also the
Published March 15th 2013 by Smashwords (first published March 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Give Me Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Give Me Love

Collide by Gail McHughThe Forgotten Ones by Laura  HowardWait for You by J. LynnBreathe into Me by Amanda  StoneRunning on Empty by L.B. Simmons
Lucky '13s
215 books — 1,402 voters
Lick by Kylie ScottThe Mighty Storm by Samantha TowleThoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. StephensPlay by Kylie Scott
Best Rock Star Romance
329 books — 517 voters

More lists with this book...

DW
Nov 18, 2016 DW rated it really liked it
Give Me Love was cute. Jared and Evie frustrated me through most of it but I did enjoy it for the most part!

The friendships were the best part. They all cared for one another so much and had fun.

I am sure that I will continue because I am interested in Casey's story!!
Smitten's Book Blog

What a spectacular debut novel! I absolutely loved Give Me Love.

I was asked to review this book, by the author, and it was such a lovely surprise. It has been one of those tiresome weekends, where every time you try to grab a bit of reading time, someone wants something from you. So I found myself very frustrated, because all I wanted to do, all weekend, was curl up with Jared and Evie.

"One day you'll belong to me, Evie, and I'll know everything about you."

Let's start with Evie. She has suff
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Tu3 by sb_zpsgprzy8th.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (6/1/2015)

BLURB:

Jared Valentine is the older brother of Evie's best friend Mac and also the man determined to make Evie his. They strike up a long distance friendship which su
Kim Person
Jan 02, 2013 Kim Person rated it it was amazing
If you are seriously looking for a page turner well look no more ladies ~ Give Me Love has EVERYTHING I love in a book ~ I cannot believe it took me this long to read this one and now I'm surely chomping at the bit for me. This is the kind of book that had me ....

but there were parts of the book where I was ...................

I'm just going to let you read the book and figure out those parts for yourself! Evie is the only female and lead singer in her band Jamieson ~ Along with her best friends
~ Becs ~
“I feel like everything is so much brighter when I’m with you. When you’re not there it’s like someone turned out the lights.”

I really enjoyed this. If you enjoyed Kristen Ashley’s Rock Chick series, I really think this one would work well for you. It’s a sexy and funny romance with a great host of characters to get to know and love and there’s a suspense plot bubbling along in the background.

Evie is our heroine – she lost her Mother in an accident as a teen and went off the rails for a while
Wendy
 photo 913218_zpsjzwr311d.png

I can't believe I missed this one. I love the books in this series and I definitely love this author...so why I never read book 1, is mystery to me. At least I have corrected my mistake, especially with book 4 being on the way (at least that's what I heard).

I already knew all the characters going in, so I already liked everyone :)

Evie is the lead singer for the band Jamieson. They are at the point of getting really famous. Her bandbrothers are Frog, Cooper, Jake and pretty Henry. All of them we
Polly
Aug 12, 2013 Polly rated it it was ok
This book was just ok for me. It had the potential to be a whole lot better.
What I did like:

The whole crew. I loved the friendships they had together.

Female rock star. Not too many of those!

What I didn't like:

I have to say that this book came borderline being a DNF for me so many times and mainly because of the over use of the word "retard". Personally this word is in my top 5 most offensive words ever. I literally cringe whenever I hear it, and usually it follows with a rant to whoever spoke
Crazy Something Maybe Reviews
If I was giving out stars for potential, I would give this a 4, BUT I'm not so this gets a 2.

This is me:

I give the author props for an extremely original idea. The whole aspiring rockstar meets Blackwater badass thing had the potential to go very poorly or be very exciting. Unfortunately, the author didn't execute it very well. This book is a fracking mess.

But there were a couple of things I liked about it:

1. The description of Jared at the beginning was super hot. Jared was a tolerable hero. H
Britney
Jan 07, 2013 Britney rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favs, strong-alpha
Let me start by saying that I loved this book!! I read straight through and stayed up till the wee hours in the morning to finish it. Just could NOT put it down. I believe I finished at 3 a.m. and then took a 4 hour nap before work. It was worth it ;)

Things I loved:

-This book reminded me a LOT of Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley. Some people might not like to read a book that has as many similarities to another book as this one did, but to me it all depends on the book. Seeing how Rock Chick is one
B.J.
Jan 02, 2013 B.J. rated it it was amazing
I've had this book on my kindle for awhile and having just finished it in a day, I'm kicking myself for leaving it so long. Its hot, its funny, its badass and its full of action, drama, and music. What more could you ask for. Book 1 of the series and I'm already counting down the days for the books about Travis, Henry, Casey and Mac. Get writing Kate.
Joëlle
Mar 03, 2014 Joëlle rated it really liked it
FREE on Amazon US at the moment (March 01 2016)
Tammy  Zautner
Feb 25, 2013 Tammy Zautner rated it it was amazing
I am sorry Kate, I usually have quotes, but I was so engrossed in your story that I forgot to get cozy with my highlighter. Give Me Love has made it to my FAVES shelf, definite reread for me! You have a new huge fan Kate, it took me a chapter or two to get past the Aussie slang, but once I did, I was hooked!

Oh my gosh, Kate rocked this story and her characters! I was so invested in Jared and Evie. I rooted for them, I yelled at them, and I shed some big fat tears (dang you for that Kate!). Those
Kim
Jan 02, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, faves
I didn't have the time or the inclination for a man in my life for important reasons. The first of which was that I had a career in the music industry as a lead singer in a band that was going places...Besides music being my world, my heart had already been broken twice in the past, and I had no intention of revisiting that pain.

I have to say that I was a little bit overwhelmed in the first couple of chapters. I had to wrap my brain around the Aussie terminology, get a lot of characters and t
ᴴᵁᴳˢX꙰ᴬᴺᴰX꙰ᶜᴼᴼᴷᴵᴱˢ
Just didn't have it in me to really carry on and grasp this story. So it's a DNF
Sammy ⭐️
Jan 19, 2013 Sammy ⭐️ rated it it was amazing
I loved this!!!

It wasn't your typical boy meets girl and falls in love. It's the first book in a while that has had me up till the early hours of the morning.

Evie is the lead singer of a band that is on the verge of making it big, she's had a crush on her best friends brother since she first saw him and living miles away from each other exchange texts everyday for 2 years till her and the band move to his home town. Jared is a bad ass hot as hell hostage consultant who is determined to make Ev
Nicole Tetrev
May 05, 2013 Nicole Tetrev rated it really liked it

So how awesome that we get a book full of rock stars? And only to add to the awesomeness FEMALE ROCK STAR! Yup with a slew of hunky men who want her attention! Jared is JUST WOW IT WAS LIKE

because yea he is just that hot! Now I had my moments with Evie where I was all

photo tumblr_ly19e9ZOI61r9kp3yo1_400_zpsa0fc856e.gif

because really you can only be so dense.

"Because one day you'll belong to me, Evie, and I'll know everything about you."

I swear Jared had to have moments where he was all

photo tumblr_inline_mjjyy8GeyD1qz4rgp-Copy_zps4a8a9f2d.gif

"I feel like everything is so much brighter
KatLynne
3.5 Stars

Kate McCarthy has taken a cast of quirky, lovable characters, put them together in an up and coming Rock Band, added a nice helping of badass, sexy crime fighters and produced an engaging, fun read.

Great debut and I'm excited to read more by this author.
J
Jan 24, 2013 J rated it really liked it

~ "You're the light I can't live without and the only one that has ever held my heart. I want to be the man standing beside you, laughing with you, crying with you, holding you, and loving you."~

description

Evie and her Band Jamieson is about to hit the big-time. Moving back to Sydney puts her back in the sights of her Bestfriend, Mac's older Brother Jared.

For the last few years Evie has avoided Jared at all costs. One look at the hot badass guy, made Evie run for the hills. After a few messed up teenage
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jan 19, 2013 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it really liked it
4 stars!!

For a debut book, Kate McCarthy did an amazing job. It was so refreshing that the lead character was a woman who was a lead singer in a rock band…whilst most write about men that are lets face it manwhore horndogs!!

The book is set in Australia, Evie (Genevieve Jamieson) is the lead singer of a rock group that are trying to make it big. Evie’s best friend is Mac (Mackenzie Valentine) who is also the bands manager, she is one bossy, sassy woman and keeps Evie and her band mates in check.
Nicole
Warning: major gushfest ahead. This book was the biggest surprise of 2013 so far. It bore down on me like a freight train and knocked me head over ass into Kate McCarthy FAN TERRITORY.

First, I don’t read a lot of Australian authors (a very sad truth) so the Aussie lingo and references to Sydney and Melbourne venues touched my heart. And it wasn’t over the top either so I didn't feel the need to cringe at any of the slang. Phew.

Second, McCarthy is a f'ing stealth bomber, dropping emotional bombs
VEL
Mar 11, 2013 VEL rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, had me chuckling and laughing away!!

Different from usual rock star reading material, as it is the heroine, Evie Jamieson who is the lead singer of the band and then you've got the dashing security agent Jared Valentine. Add to this an actioned packed, stalker,kidnapping, walk outs, hospital stays... the list goes on and on!!

Some really great characters introduced through out the book , and am so looking forward to some more books on these Valentine brothers;)

A well written book
Vieira
Amazing!!!! Sooo good I am loving this book!!!!! Please read this!!!
Michelle
Mar 14, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing

I love it when a great cover can suck you into buying a book that you might have overlooked. This cover grabbed me and I think I ended up having in on my list to read even before checking out what it was about. It was a great story and just so amazing that this was the authors first book.

Normally when a book has a ton of characters they can get lost in the story or just are too in your face that you lose sight of who the story is about. But every single one of these characters were just right. I
Hollie
Jan 02, 2013 Hollie rated it it was amazing
5+++ huge amazeball stars

•Its gonna take a lot to drag me away from you There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do• Evie's song

Kate McCarthy- this was your first book?! Shut your mouth. Don't ever stop!!! And this is a series! Whoop! [image error]

Seriously, seriously. I LOVED the shit out of this book. So much. It was exactly how I like my books- swoonworthy, hilarious, a heroin with an awesome personality, a sexy bad-ass male that doesn't cause me to want to climb through my kindl
Maja
Feb 03, 2013 Maja rated it it was amazing

Amazing book! Great story and great characters. I really enjoyed!

“It means not giving myself to someone else at the cost of who I am. Not allowing someone else to define me. It means letting go of personal misconceptions so I can be a better person…not just for me but for others."

“You know what you have to do, Evie,” he whispered in my ear and I shivered. “Just be with me.”

Evie was beautiful and funny girl, but emotionally broken. She ran from love and music became her world. Jared was amazi
Victoria
Sep 16, 2013 Victoria rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Overall, I liked this book. The story and shenanogins reminded me a little of Kristen Ashley's Rock Chick series except the main characters are in a band and not hanging out in a coffee shop. The author is Austrailian and uses alot of slang. There was a note on Amazon noting the use of slang in the book so I was expecting it when I started reading and it didn't bother me. I really expected to love this book. I love the Rock Chick series and had seen alot of favorable reviews for Give Me Love. Un ...more
Anna Banana
3.5 stars!

I really like this book but my goodness, this book is loaded with unnecessary drama. I also didn't like how childish and reckless the heroine could be at times and I struggled with liking her at times. But I love the writing style and this reminded me a bit of the Rock Chick series by KA and I just loved the group of friends they have.

Despite the drama-llama I'm very much interested in reading the rest of the books in this series!
CT
Mar 11, 2013 CT rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-favourites
WOW, officially a 2013 favourite of mine. A romance between former wild child Evie and Jared (Evie's best friends brother). It doesn't come easy, between trust issues, the growing success of Evie's band and an enemy of Jared, will they be able to give each other the love? The pace of the story was spot on, Jared was HOT, Evie and Mac are both so likeable and some parts had me laughing out loud. PERFECT!

"When you're not there, it's like someone turned out the lights"
Karen
Jan 24, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it
Wow, this book is hard to categorise because it had everything but the kitchen sink!
Romance - check
Suspense - check
Best Friend's Brother - check
Rock'n'Roll - check
Smokin Hot Chemistry - check
..........
Honestly the list could go on.

A great debut novel and I can't wait to read more from this author.
Krystal
Jan 09, 2015 Krystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, rereads
I'm on my 3rd re-read.

That should tell you how good this one is.
  • Jaded (Rock Star, #1)
  • Documentary (Documentary, #1)
  • The Prelude (A Musical Interlude, #1)
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • Phoenix Rockstar (Biker Rockstar, #1)
  • Rock Me Slowly (Buried Alive Rockers, #1)
  • Unbeautifully Loved (Breathe Again, #1)
  • Everything Changes
  • Rock and Roll Never Forgets (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #1)
  • Love and Truth
  • Unstoppable (Fierce, #2)
  • Irreversible Damage (Irreparable #2)
  • True Love Story
  • Metal Urge
  • Moving Forward (Timing is Everything, #1)
  • Thursday Nights (Charistown, #1)
  • Irresistible Refrain (Tempest, #1; Black Cat Records, #4)
  • Girl with Guitar (Kylie Ryans, #1)
Kate McCarthy grew up in a small town outside of Port Macquarie, Australia. Raised in a house just a short walk to the beach, Kate enjoyed the peaceful, relaxed atmosphere and friendships that come from being raised in a friendly, small town area.
She now resides in Brisbane, Australia, a city in the state of Queensland where she works as an accountant, along with a sideline wedding cake business a
More about Kate McCarthy...

Give Me (4 books)
  • Give Me Strength (Give Me, #2)
  • Give Me Grace (Give Me, #3)
  • Give Me Hell (Give Me, #4)

“I see you two together. I see you look at him and him look at you, and it's like...that's how it's supposed to be. You both share a joy of simply being in the same room as the other. Two people who can be loved just for being who they are is a special thing, honey, and I see that potential in the two of you.” 3 likes
“I sucked in a few deep breaths. I could do this. I could.

I am a cool cucumber.

No, fuck that. I am Snoop Dogg. You can get no cooler than that.”
3 likes