Start by marking “It Had To Be You (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #5)” as Want to Read:
It Had To Be You  (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #5)

It Had To Be You (Hidden Cove Firefighters #5)

Kathryn Shay spent five years riding fire trucks with a large city fire department, eating in their firehouses and interviewing hundreds of America’s Bravest. Read one of the novels that resulted from her intense relationship with firefighters!

“Kathryn Shay loves firefighters, and if you didn't love them before, you'll love them after reading some of her books featuring fi
ebook
Published November 2nd 2012 (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about It Had To Be You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Had To Be You

Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
Jan 14, 2013 Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
Wow...Such a well written, emotional, heart~breaking read. Just loved it. I was hooked from the start by such wonderful and lovable characters. Oh...these characters broke my heart. Beck and Lela, Nick and I felt so bad for Len. It was hard to read these characters struggle to move on with their lives and in some cases, just survive another day. It is so sad for me to think how much soldiers sacrifice and still when they come home they suffer as well as their families. I thought that Kathryn did ...more
Amanda (Hootie) Clark

** DNF @ 83% **

I'm mad at myself right now because I never mark a book DNF once I've gotten this far in a story. It's almost like getting tackled at the one yard line to give up with only 57 minutes (according to my kindle) left in the book but once I reach my bullshit threshold, it can't be helped.

I became a huge fan of the Hidden Cove Firefighters series a few years ago and over the past two weeks I have been re-reading the series to get familiar with the characters in order to finish the thr
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
This story is just another in the great Hidden Cove series. With each Hidden Cove book, I fall more in love with the crew of Hidden Cove. This story was no different.

WARNING: This story discusses PTSD, suicide, drug use and violence.

With that warning being sad, this story is such a powerful and realistic portrayal of PTSD. It shows PTSD from both sides and how serious it really is. I really don't know how to review this story without giving away anything.

Lela is the ex-wife a a service member
Kristi
Aug 16, 2015 Kristi rated it it was amazing
Such an emotional book to read. If you know someone with PTSD you will know why. This book was very detailed and well written. The emotions that were experienced seemed real. The choices that made were heartbreaking. The demons that were written about were intense. Yes, I did even tear up a few times. I was glad for the happy moments in the book too.

I love the fact that Beck was a former Army Captain who became a Firefighter. Lela is an ex-army trauma nurse working as a nurse at the hospital. A
Diane
Feb 23, 2016 Diane rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Contemporary romance fans
This book was an emotional journey for me. Kathryn Shay has written a gritty and very realistic storyline about PTSD and the tragic effects it has on the sufferer and their entire family. It broke my heart to read about these characters because they represent the real life struggle of our returning military heroes who live with this debilitating disease every single day. Yes, this is a romance book but it is oh so much more. Kudos to this exceptional author.
Cynthia Cirrincione
Jan 07, 2013 Cynthia Cirrincione rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book & would love to read about the other characters, but when I searched this author on Amazon, the listings are too confusing & I don't know which books relate to this one.
Ronna
Feb 10, 2013 Ronna rated it really liked it
4 stars

It Had To Be You by Kathryn Shay was a bit of a surprise for me. I have read her books in the past due to my weakness for firefighter protagonists. I have found them to be enjoyable, easy reads, which is why I picked this book up the other day during a promotion on Amazon. What I did not expect was the very serious and interesting storyline weaved in about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and how it has impacted these individuals as well as the families of returning veterans and post
Pam
Sep 16, 2016 Pam rated it it was amazing
It Had To Be You: Hidden Cove Firefighters Series Book Five was written by Kathryn Shay. This book is just as good as the others but I am not sure if it is as long. I really enjoyed reading this book that deals with PTSD and its effect on the families of the victim.
Beckett Sloan is a firefighter who just started and is on probation for a year. He has been assigned to a Rescue company and is fitting in well. However, he is a little tired of the men in the company because they are all married and
Pam
Jul 24, 2016 Pam rated it really liked it
Katheryn Shay has a way of using her background with firefighters to write exceptional detailed stories that engage your emotions. It Had To Be You is an emotionally sensitive story about some veterans that have returned from war & are having troubles adapting back to real life. This story shows us the power of PTSD, the troubles getting through it and the effects on the family members.

Lela Allen is nurse who was overseas as an Army medic. She met her husband there but left the service. She
Marcia  Haskell
Mar 14, 2016 Marcia Haskell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hard to read, but worth it.

I have come to love Kathryn Shay's books and this one is no exception. I found it hard to read because all the characters in this story are good people, who have real problems that are not of their making. The story also presents us with 2 young boys who don't understand PTSD or the consequences of the illness. As everyone strives to deal with the illness, its effects on the children and spouses, and the recurrences that are a part of the problems we see good people tr
Liza
May 30, 2013 Liza rated it really liked it
***4.5 out of 5 stars***
Traci
Traci rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Jo Willetts
Jo Willetts rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Linda Beliveau
Linda Beliveau rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2015
Jami
Jami rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2017
Kristi
Kristi rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Judy
Judy rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2017
Laura Dwyer
Laura Dwyer rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2016
lisa m skalitzky
lisa m skalitzky rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2016
Bridget Burke
Bridget Burke rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2013
Sophie Lemay
Sophie Lemay rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Paula
Paula rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2016
Jennifer Wong
Jennifer Wong rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2017
Joanne
Joanne rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2013
Leanne Grannan
Leanne Grannan rated it liked it
May 02, 2013
Mary Crawford
Mary Crawford rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2017
Dianne
Dianne rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2015
Kate Scott
Kate Scott rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • California Homecoming
  • One Day in Apple Grove (Small Town USA, #2)
  • Her Perfect Life (The Reunited Hearts, #1)
  • The Rancher's Second Chance
  • Treasure on Lilac Lane (Jewell Cove, #2)
  • Soldier on Her Doorstep
  • Five Days Grace (McRae series #4)
  • Kiss Me, Cowboy (Montana Born Rodeo #3; Bar V5 Ranch #3)
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • Love's Miracles
  • A Love Of Her Own
  • Look Again (Echo Platoon, #0.5)
  • His Road Home
  • The Rancher's Secret Wife (Cooper Creek, #3)
  • Liberty
  • Return to Glory (Home to Glory, #1)
  • Move Heaven and Earth
  • Artistic License
Kathryn Shay is a lifelong writer. At fifteen, she penned her first 'romance,' a short story about a female newspaper reporter in New York City and her fight to make a name for herself in a world of male journalists - and with one hardheaded editor in particular. Looking back, Kathryn says she should have known then that writing was in her future. But as so often happens, fate sent her detouring d ...more
More about Kathryn Shay...

Hidden Cove Firefighters (7 books)
  • After the Fire (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #1)
  • On the Line (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #2)
  • Nothing More to Lose (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #3)
  • Chasing the Fire (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #6)
  • The Fire Inside (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #7)
  • A Burning Passion (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #8; The Inheritance, #1)