Start by marking “Silver-Tipped Justice (Kontra's Menagerie #8)” as Want to Read:
Silver-Tipped Justice (Kontra's Menagerie #8)

Silver-Tipped Justice (Kontra's Menagerie #8)

On the Road: They say what you’re missing is always found in the last place you look. Sometimes, you find it when you’re not looking at all.

Kontra Belikov has been searching for his mate, Tim Laurent, for nearly sixty years, ever since he missed his chance by giving the just-of-age teen time to experience life. While heading back to his gang, he’s surprised, but grateful,
Published January 1st 2013 by Extasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Silver-Tipped Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver-Tipped Justice

Ter
Jan 02, 2013 Ter rated it liked it
Yay! Kontra's story!!
3.5
Was really hoping for more. Even thou the page numbers are the same (about) as the others in this series. This one felt really rushed, Would have liked more. There is a new element to this series, would have liked to read more about it, cause if next one is another shifter we won't get to read much about it. It was just dropped on us then story ended.

I was hoping for more for Kontra's story.
Veronica /  V
Jan 15, 2013 Veronica / V rated it it was ok
I have been waiting for Kontra's story for a long time ...Please I beg you, make the long wait well worth it!!!!

UPDATE WARNING HUGE SPOILERS

(view spoiler)
Booklover95
Jan 04, 2013 Booklover95 rated it really liked it
Finally Kontra's story :D

Too short in my opinion. It has the length but the story moves so fast it seems really short.
I wonder who will b the next in the gang to mate...
SheReadsALot
A Hearts On Fire Review

THREE STARS--"Silver-Tipped Justice" is book #8 in the "Kontra's Menagerie" series and it stars the man himself, Kontra. Now I have never read this series so I am unsure of the struggles this bear shifter had to endure on not having his mate. I think the story was okay to be read as a standalone.

Kontra has met his mate before, sixty years before but because his mate was then 15 years old he figured he would wait until he was of age. And when his mate, Tim was of age, he de
Sophia
Jan 14, 2013 Sophia rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
I have waited with anticipation for Kontra's story with little hints along the way about what to expect. The only story that I've anticipated almost as much is Payson's just because there's a lot there to overcome too. It didn't surprise me that there would be barriers even after Kontra found his mate. I found that Kontra's long search and Tim's past were touching. Tim's rejection upon meeting Kontra almost broke my heart for the big bear who was so open and vulnerable about his mate.

Kontra and
Kerry  sullivan
Jun 02, 2016 Kerry sullivan rated it really liked it
I have been waiting for this book since this series started and I have to say I really liked it. I would have liked it to be longer but I can say that of all this authors work. This was fab in all it's yummy goodness and I am looking forward to seeing what happens to Luc. I think I would like to see him with a certain wolf but then I just like to see trouble come and smack some people right on their noises.
Erticchic378
Jan 11, 2013 Erticchic378 rated it liked it
I really wanted to be rating this higher, but for the wait, this syory a surprisingly disappointing. This moved way too fast
Deirdre
Feb 08, 2016 Deirdre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grieving Mate - Mating Delayed

I think both of the MCs could be classified as grieving mates. Tim Laurent after his partner of sixteen years death and Kontra Belikov for sixty years of fruitlessly & frustratingly searching for his mate. Watching seven of his motorcycle gang members find their mates made the heartache he continuously suffered even more painful. Yes he was happy for each of his men, but it still reminded him of the gorgeous young man that he had yet to find. The one that set hi
Alma Pagan
Mar 07, 2015 Alma Pagan rated it it was amazing
Have you ever felt incomplete and so lonely it's hard to breath....Kontra Belikov has felt this everyday for over 60 year as he has been on a quest searching for his fated mate. Whats so different from other paranormals in his biker Gang? The Difference is that this Scrumptious-French-Bear-Shifter-Alpha, knew who his mate was but due to a quirky twist of Serendipity; he had to take a step back. This decision regrettably has broken his heart but not his faith and hope to meet his mate one day. ...more
Liza Kay
Feb 11, 2015 Liza Kay rated it really liked it
*sigh* This was easy and sweet, just what I want when I read Charlie Richards and she never disappoints.
I don't know why, but I read this book after I wolved down all the other books of this series. Maybe it's because the blurb revealed Kontra left Tim all those years ago so he could enjoy his life. I mean...what?
If I'm a shifter and find my mate when he's a minor, I wait. So far, I understand. But to leave again when he's eighteen? Why the hell would he do that? Shouldn't just the thought of T
Hc Lynn
I was a bit disappointed. After several tidbits in previous stories, we know Kontra had met his mate and somehow lost him. I'm not sure about anyone else but I thought that meant maybe some kind of blow out fight or something along those lines.

(view spoiler)
Ananko-san
This was not the story I loocked forward to the most. Somehow Kontra held very few appeal to me after reading the description.

But in the end it was a good read. Better than I anticipated. I have to admit, that I like the idea of waiting for a loved one in literature. It just speaks to me. So for Kontra waiting more than 60years had it's appeal. Plus I love owls especially European eagle owls. Sadly in this story they were just plain a*******.
Aside from this I think the "problem" - or in this cas
Phaney
Mar 24, 2013 Phaney rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
Meh. It was okay. I’ll probably feel bad giving it no more than that verdict when I’ve given the same to much worse written books, but I simply can’t be all that enthusiastic.

Usually the volume in a shifter series where the leader finds his other half should be climactic. This one? Not really. Did not see a connection between those guys. As a person, Kontra did not exactly impress me here. Tim was kind of a nonentity except for his back-story. And the fact that he was still mourning his long-tim
Katrina Passick Lumsden
I've said it before, and I'll say it again; Charlie Richards is a bad writer. Her understanding of commas is laughable, she often gets words confused ('bazaar' instead of 'bizarre', 'viral' instead of 'virile', etc.), her characters are simplistic, and her formula never deviates... But damn if I don't enjoy finding out what happens to all these hunky, gay shifters.
~SexyBookWorm~
Jan 28, 2013 ~SexyBookWorm~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: sexy-shifters
The blurb for this book made it sound ad though Tim felt guilty over his mating to Kontra bc of his human lovers recent death. I didn't get that feeling at all from the book. and I must say that after waiting 9 books for Kontra to find his mate it was slightly anticlimactic...but I am glad that Tims bisexual dad joined the ranks. Hopefully his mating will be a tad more exciting than this One. .
Kath
I was so looking forward to this book, 'cause I thought the author would go out of the way to make it awesome, but unfortunately it didn't meet the expectations ...0(-o-)0
it was a bit ok but everything happened way too rushed...to fast...to short, there was so much to work with yet little development, etc etc etc...
Neko
Jan 14, 2013 Neko rated it liked it
3.5

Not bad by any means... It just wasn't what I was expecting.
That is, Not after how long we've waited for Kontra to find his mate. Still good though!

If you're a fan of this series definitely get and read it! :D
Angela
I'm so glad Kontra finally found his mate. After watching his friends find happiness with their mates one after another he really deserved to finally find Tim after searching for him for so long. Looking forward to more in this series.
Kayla Burgess
Sep 17, 2014 Kayla Burgess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WONDERFUL!!!

Wow! I loved it! And I kinda wondered about these two.
Between this and the Kontra books I have, I can't tell which is better, but I still kinda like Catting Around.

Anyway, AWESOME JOB C.R!!
Michelle
Jan 20, 2013 Michelle rated it liked it
Even though this was a 'one sneeze' and it's over. I quite enjoyed it.
I admit I'm getting a little tired of VERY short stories sold separately to make the whole (this series isn't the only one).
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:
Genre: M/M Paranormal
Rated: 3 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Jan 20, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, shifters
I agree with those readers who wanted more from Kontra's story. It was rushed, but at least he found his mate. I am now wondering who will be next, Payson or Vail?
Ericka Walden
Jan 04, 2013 Ericka Walden rated it really liked it
Waited a long time for this!! Grin..... Just wished it was longer in length.... I'm hoping Payton is next!
Mary Tillman
Feb 04, 2013 Mary Tillman rated it liked it
Shelves: shifters, same-sex
I always enjoy it when the pack alpha gets their mate. The story had just enough angst to feel good about the connections at the end.
Draupnir
Draupnir rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2014
Aya Garcia
Aya Garcia rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Christina Enness
Christina Enness rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
Mrswright67
Mrswright67 rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Mollie
Mollie rated it it was ok
Aug 19, 2013
Ege
Ege rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2016
  • Kissing Reno (Brac Village #3)
  • To Protect and Punish (Lawful Disorder #3)
  • Lords of Kellesborne (The Draegan Lords, #2)
  • Alrik (C-7 Shifters #1)
  • Resilience (Southwestern Shifters #5)
  • The Littlest Assassin-Shifters (Assassin/Shifters, #18)
  • To Have a Human (Banded Brothers #1)
  • Micah's Refuge (Pack Mates #2)
  • Not-So-Simple Simon (Aberdeen Pack #4)
  • Braxton's Salvation (Wayne County Wolves #3)

Kontra's Menagerie (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Mutegi's Sweet One (Kontra's Menagerie #1)
  • Catlin's Appaloosa (Kontra's Menagerie #2)
  • Hope for a Buffalo (Kontra's Menagerie #3)
  • Dominating the Wolf (Kontra's Menagerie #4)
  • Spider Sense (Kontra's Menagerie #5)
  • Swimming With Penguins (Kontra's Menagerie #6)
  • Giving Perrin Life (Kontra's Menagerie #7)
  • In the Eyes of Crazy (Kontra's Menagerie #9)
  • Breaking the Playboy's Curse (Kontra's Menagerie #10)
  • Compromises For His Moose (Kontra's Menagerie #11)