Start by marking “No Strings Attached” as Want to Read:
No Strings Attached

No Strings Attached

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  570 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
New York Times bestselling author Jaci Burton breaks the rule of mixing business with pleasure when two professional rivals cross paths at a tropical resort...

Since Ella Hick’s husband died five years ago, she’s thrown herself into her work, resisting every thought of getting involved with someone new. Now she’s finally ready for a man’s touch. And where better to indulge
Published February 5th 2013 by Penguin Group

To ask other readers questions about No Strings Attached, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Strings Attached

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

NO STRINGS ATTACHED was first published in the LACED WITH DESIRE anthology. It automatically went on my TBR because I love Jaci Burton. As usual, the anthology was one of those on my TBR since forever and not getting any closer to the top. I’m glad that I’m getting to read these short stories now that they’re being re-released individually and I promise I’ll eventually go back and read the actual anthologies and the rest of the authors in them.

“Stop. Do not look.. She never looked. Okay, she di
MountainKat
*3 1/2 Stars*

I really liked this, but there were a couple of things that bugged me a little. (view spoiler) I liked the
PepsiGirl
Jul 25, 2013 PepsiGirl rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was very hot. Ella, who is a widower who is ready to get on with her life in a big way. She plans a vacation where she wants to get her freak on with a complete stranger. Clay, a friend of hers decides he wants to be the one to help accomplish her goal. Their relationship abruptly changes and the Heat is on. these two burn up the sheets constantly and it is a wild week in Hawaii. But they made that silly deal that there wasn't to be anything different between them after this week is ov ...more
Tia
Feb 05, 2013 Tia rated it liked it
The sex was overall pretty epic. However the rest was really mellow and I didn't find it too emotional. I know the heroine lost her husband five years before and she was in a funk, then here comes the hero with his epic sex appeal and best of all, he knows her then all of a sudden she's in love with him. A little to fake, a little to rushed.
Larissa
Nov 05, 2013 Larissa rated it liked it
If you think this book is full of sense of humor (jokes), sex, friends, work, and an exotic vacation — you are right! This book is for you.

Ella is a afraid of losing people she loves, especially after her husband’s death, ergo her workaholic demeanor (when you don’t have time to feel, you won’t feel at all), and keeping men away from her. Yes, Fear is a powerful weapon (that will make her end up alone…)

Clay is somewhat a carbon copy of Ella, but obviously a man, except for Ella is more on the “a
Zoe
Feb 09, 2013 Zoe rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas
This is short, hot (very hot), and made me long for a sexy trip to Hawaii. The story jumps ahead twice, and of course I wanted more about the in between points, but that choice allowed for longer pivotal scenes. I was surprised where the story ended up, (view spoiler) but it was a very enjoyable read. 3.5/5, so I round up for GR.
Golder-Mier
Mar 08, 2013 Golder-Mier rated it liked it
I only read this because I like most of the Play by Play books. The sex was hot, but I found the main characters kind of shallow. I would've preferred a longer deeper emotional connection. But then again this is a pretty short book, so the writer had little to work with.

I would repeat this book if I'm in the mood for something short and mellow. But I doubt if I'll remember what it was about in a month.
Joy
Aug 04, 2013 Joy rated it it was amazing
When you want something short and steamy, I highly recommend this one. This was right up my alley. I rated it 5 stars because it has just the right amount of hot sex and story and a little bit of love, that's quite possible. This isn't a whirlwind romance per se because Ella and Clay knew each other for years.

I love Ms Burton's stories because they could be light with a touch of drama.
Tash
Feb 12, 2014 Tash rated it really liked it
I thought it was going to be a cheesy read, but I was soooo wrong.
Mimi Tran
Mar 04, 2013 Mimi Tran rated it liked it
Cute short story. Hawaii just sounds heavenly right about now. Though it says their relationship are only as "close friends", we all know that is not true.. The sex was good. That was about it really. I mean it was a short story. Can't really expect much.
Daniela
Oct 10, 2013 Daniela rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-ebook
True to Ms Burton form this book is a steamy quickie. Decent development between Ella a widow of 5 years and Clay a friend and business associate. The end was obvious and predictable but the journey was quite steamy and graphic.
Ochie
Feb 05, 2013 Ochie rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
I've nothing much to say about the book. Well not much expectations really, just wanted to do some light reading. What I expected happened, of course :). Though parang hindi naman rival, 'rival' si Clay... wala lang! :)
Sandra
Jul 08, 2013 Sandra rated it it was amazing
Great Story by Jaci Burton. Loved the most their sensuality as well as the adventurous nature with which the scenes where described. The banter between Ella and Clay was also really good.
Kelly Arlia
Aug 07, 2013 Kelly Arlia rated it liked it
This book was just ok for me. I didn't connect with the characters. I questioned the dumb choices she mad at the beginning and once she made sense, I didn't care anymore.
Patty
Mar 10, 2013 Patty rated it it was amazing
LOVED this short story... Wish there were more to the book, but it was vey steamy. Hawaii was perfect.
Mandy
Feb 18, 2013 Mandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: jaci-burton
Awesomely steamy! Would've loved a whole full length book of these two!
Kathy014
Feb 10, 2013 Kathy014 rated it really liked it
No guarantees in life.. short story but have a lot to give..
Jen
May 07, 2013 Jen rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. I just wish it had been longer.
Allison
Apr 15, 2013 Allison rated it really liked it
It was a steamy story. Entertaining to the last word.
Laura DeSimone
Jul 29, 2014 Laura DeSimone rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jaci-burton
This was a good read, and a nice love story.
Chanel
Mar 15, 2014 Chanel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: over-4-5-stars
A nice love story between friends.
Whtyac
Ŧ ♥️Charlene
May 04, 2015 Ŧ ♥️Charlene rated it liked it
Hot
Jennifer Rogers
Jennifer Rogers marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
  • Craving (A Little Harmless Military Romance, #4)
  • Power Trip (Double Helix, #1)
  • Tucker's Fall   (Purgatory Masters, #1)
  • Nautier and Wilder (Nauti, #8; Nauti Girls, #2; Wild Riders, #6)
  • Shades of Desire (SIG, #1)
  • Cake
  • Legally Yours (Lawyers in Love #1)
  • Breath on Embers
  • Falling For Finn
  • What Happens After Dark  (DeKnight, #2)
  • The Queen's Consorts
  • Re-Submission (Sub-Mission #2)
  • Snowbound with the CEO
  • Freshman: Uncut (Ivory Towers, #1)
  • Show Me The Ropes (Lothario, #2)
  • Improper Relations (Lord Shad, #1)
  • The Story Guy
  • Jack's Back (Indiscreet, #2)
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 70 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more
More about Jaci Burton...

“Your hands are cold. You're pale. I never thought a declaration of love would make a woman sick.” 3 likes
“Ella: "Why can't I stay mad at you?"
Clay: "Because I'm irresistible."
Ella: "You probably use that line on the ladies. And it probably works."
Clay: "It does."
Ella: "God. You're unbelievable."
Clay: "They all say that, too.”
2 likes