Start by marking “First Time for Everything” as Want to Read:
First Time for Everything

First Time for Everything

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  241 ratings  ·  36 reviews
"So tell me, suit," she said, as lightly as she could. "What exactly is a virgin supposed to act like?"

Jacqueline's new boss is none other than her friend's older brother-hot-shot lawyer Blake Bennington. His control freakery and his need to always, always be right would normally send fiery, unconventional Jax running a mile-but even she has to admit he looks edible in hi
Published March 1st 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about First Time for Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Time for Everything

Saly
The sexual tension and chemistry in this book was off the charts. The hero was a rebel turned responsible guy while the heroine had scars from a childhood spent in foster homes and was a free bird. Opposites attract tends to be one of my favourite themes and this book has that besides good characterization which worked for me.
Jenn Scranton
**ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

First Time For Everything had a sweet Harlequin romance feel as to be expected. It was cute, though a little different. I am not yet sure that different is necessarily a good thing...

An uptight rigid lawyer meets way-too-young-for-him hippie wildchild that needs to learn to tone it down a couple notches.
[image error][image error]

The whole thing starts really fast. As in this strange woman bumps into a lawyer and then playful banter s
Katie_la_geek
I am a sucker for cute rom-coms so First Time for Everything was right up my street. It had everything I like to see in chick-lit. It was funny, sexy and sweet with a great storyline and lovable characters.

Jax and Blake were both awesome. He is straight laced and serious, she is a wild child who refuses to conform. There was nothing I disliked about either of them, they had both had it tough in the past but they were determined to get on with their lives. Instead of wallowing in self-pity they m
Dalia
3.5 - 4 stars
A match made in hell or heaven ?!?!
Blake is a self- disciplined control freak. He is hiding his passionate nature beneath a coolly authoritative, frustratingly methodical exterior. As a teenager he has been a hell- raiser. Now he is trying to keep the promises he’d made to his father before he’d died, struggling to walk in his father’s shoes.
Jax Lee is temptation with capital T, trouble of monumental proportions. Impulsive. Headstrong. With a mouth to match. Incapable to keep her op
Desere
This was such fun and delightful read it had me laughing out loud and tearing up at the same time. Read it in one sitting,really could not put it down!

The book focused on always outspoken I bend the rules Jax, she gets thrown together with always a stickler for the rules attorney at law and simply delicious Blake.

He is trying to not be wild and reckless and jump into anything head first or at least anything but bed with Jax. She on the other hand is always up and ready for fun,and has fun causin
Guilty Pleasures
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

I love when I pick up a book from a new to me author and I’m immediately caught up in the story. I love when the writing style is welcoming, easy, and flows naturally. I love when the characters jump out at you and you immediately want to be friends with them. And, I love when you know in the first chapter that the book is going to be special and without a doubt you’ve added another author to your growing list of must read authors. F
Angela Noviana
In Indonesian : here

The story is start when Jacqueline a.k.a Jax involved in legal stuff when she did a flash mob in a public place. Savior came in the form of a lawyer named Blake Bennington who apparently is her friend's brother. Blake agreed to become Jax's attorney if she agreed to accompany Nikki at home.

Initially, they set rules no emotion involved, even made it in ​​a legal agreement. It also stated that there'll be no kissing. But the chemistry was already there. Just a kiss that would d
Lynn Spencer
DNF This is a very short book, but even so, after reading about 2/3 of the story, I just couldn't take it any more. This is a "free-spirited woman meets seriously buttoned-up man" romance, and I often like those. However, the heroine is this one is way over the top in her hippie free-spiritedness and the hero just never seemed all that compelling to me. Things in this book start off a little zany (heroine organizes a flash mob in front of the courthouse and gets arrested) and while I could accep ...more
Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian
Find more reviews at The Demon Librarian.

Cute but forgettable.

That's not necessarily a criticism, either. I imagine regular readers of Harlequin romances aren't looking for the next mind-blowing, award winning read; they're simply looking for a brief but fun romantic escape, and that's exactly what they'll get here with First Time for Everything.

KISS is a relatively new imprint from Harlequin pegged as "...fun, flirty reads featuring smart, sassy heroines, equally matched by 21st century alpha
Jenny
This was a cute read. I enjoyed serious and control freak Blake. He is a good lawyer, a man who is striving daily to live up to his promises to his father and this has taken a toll on his spirit. Jax is a wild young girl who is loving and funny and just what Blake needs. He bails her out of trouble and she brought him back to life with her courage her heart and her zest for life.

Sweet and decent read!
Aliaa El-Nashar
This book was my first ever 'Harlequin Kiss' read, I found this new side of Harlequin interesting and thought to check it out. I'm a huge fan of chick lit, I usually read it whenever I'm in the mood of a relaxing contemporary and girlish read. This book did really well for me when I was in that mood.

The book is about Jax, a woman who's gone through a lot of trauma growing up in foster homes, she had a lot of disturbing thoughts, but dancing had helped her deal with them and she considered her jo
Jaime
~This review is of the ARC furnished by the publisher~

First Time For Everything by Aimee Carson is a contemporary love story involving Blake, a buttoned-up Florida Federal attorney, and Jax, a free-spirited youth advocate from the hard-knock school of life. One senses it's meant to be a cute, fun tale of opposites-attract, wherein one party discovers how to lighten up a bit while the other learns to consider consequences before acting. However, in this story, the development is rather lop-sided.
Gabriella
I'd like to thank Netgalley and Harlequin for the opportunity to read this story.
"'And I didn't intend to land on the sidewalk. I just overshot my mark doing the Worm.'
He raised a broe higher. 'I assume you're referring to the dance step that involved you undulating along the groun on your belly.'"

Another good book from the Kiss-line. First Time For Everything by Aimee Carson is a contemporary love story. This book was a quick, fun and flirty read. Somewhat predictable, but it was entertaining
Danielle
Thank you to netgalley for providing me with this ARC.

I'm just going to say it straight up now-pure shit. Okay that was a bit harsh, I'm sorry...there were some positive aspects to be fair, just...a lot of it was shit. What did I expect though? Honestly, why would I expect anything different from the usual fluff? I genuinely don't know, maybe I've gone temporarily insane?

Anyway, First Time For Everything tells the sweet story of Jax, a foster kid turned sexual tigress dancing woman who helps o
L.E.Olteano
Loved it, Blake and Jax were awesome.

Originally posted on Feb 14 2013 at Butterfly-o-Meter Books

This was my first read of a Harlequin Kiss and I've gotta say it was a mighty good start.
The combo of that cover and that blurb had me instantly wanting to read this, absolutely and without a doubt. The curb appeal of this book was insanity, this would be a definite and absolute compulsive buy.

Jax and Blake were an awesome couple, all salt and pepper and rich in humor both on their own and together.
Aman
Reviewed @ Enticed by Books

Harlequin Kiss is a very hot & flirty imprint and I've usually enjoyed books from them but this one just didn't work. I was so confused through the story, none of it made sense. It was one of those times where I was so lost figuring out the character details and their work background that I just couldn't grasp what was happening with the story. After finishing First Time For Everything, I'm still not sure what Jax's, short for Jackqueline, job was. Was she a music
Roz ~ My Written Romance
This review and others can be found at my blog, My Written Romance. Just click here.

Hmmm....I must say that I was a little ambivalent about this book.

The writing itself was good, better than some other books I have read recently, and the premise is one that I usually really enjoy. There's something fun about watching someone break free of their uptight nature because of love's good influence. The romance was believable enough.

However....

Much of the rest of this book didn't really work for me. Fo
Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of Jacqueline or “Jax” who relented to her friend’s brother requests to be a companion to her; taking care and chauffeur her as Nikki injured herself in an accident and her legs are in a cast. This is in return for Blake’s representation as her defense lawyer. Jax has gotten into trouble when she tried to gain awareness of her soon to be discontinued programs at the centre where she is a part of the counsel by dancing in flash mob in front of court. Being a companion to ...more
Anncleire
Recensione sul mio blog:

“My exhausted state was as much your fault as mine”

“First time for anything” è stata un’occasione, un’occasione offertami da Netgalley che non mi lascia mai a corto di romance, e che anzi provvede a mostrarmene sempre di nuove. In questo caso, come mi succede molto, molto spesso, non mi ero minimamente interessata della trama, o se l’avevo fatto, l’avevo rimossa dopo due secondi e quando ho aperto il libro per la prima volta l’avevo
Ginny Lurcock
It���s entirely possible that this book might have hit all my hot buttons in contemporary romance. Well aside from people sleeping around when they know they���re in love with someone else. If only Blake had slept with someone else while he was trying to get Jax out of his system (which she would���ve forgiven him for��� of course��� because she forgives him for everything. After all, he���s only a man) then the literary rage would���ve been complete. Lasers would���ve come out of my eyes and th ...more
Sian
In reality this was 2.5 stars for me.

This started out quite a good story, i liked the characters of Jax and Blake and thought their story was quite sweet. You could feel the chemistry reading this and the first sex scene was quite hot.

However towards the end the story fell a little flat. Blake became annoying about his "guilt". Jax becomes a little annoying too, telling herself at various points of the book she is a "warrior" woman but falling apart when things happen. The character kept telling
April
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge through NetGalley for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

Really interesting tale that had my attention the whole time. The pace was wonderful and the characters engaging. Great dynamic in the relationship that made it very believable. Beautiful storytelling that entertained the whole time!

It had really great flow and did the job of making me think at times. I love a book that taps into my e
Kimbelry Lane
This is a very cute story. My issue is with the age difference. Having been both 23 and 33 I wasn't excited about the relationship between Jax and Blake. Ten years is a big difference.
Meetu
This book is a joyride all the way through. I enjoyed the stuffy lawyer brought to his knees by the full of
Life bit of a girl.
Melissa
I actually really liked this story. Jax & Blake were cute, this was very predictable but I still really liked it. There were a few areas that sort of lacked. You knew the timeline took place over moths but if you don't catch the subtle timeline notations in the narration it seems like a few weeks. I also don't like how the characters think things instead of saying them, it seemed like some of the thoughts should've come out. Overall these things are really minor and I was in a mood for HEA w ...more
Wanda
Jax and Blake’s story is a mix of funny, sexy and loving. Blake is a serious lawyer while Jax has gotten herself into a legal situation. These two seem so very unlikely to end up together, but they have such a hot chemistry that neither of them can deny what will end up happening, a person only has so much will power.

No small details were missed in this story, extremely well written and easy to picture. I loved every small detail and the ending was far more than I could ever expect.

Candiana
I finished this book in one sitting and absolutely loved it. Not sure why the rating isn't higher. I guess I identify with Jax and therefore I can see how her actions are plausible. Blake is hot and trustworthy. I like his character immensely and I do admire the opposites attraction theme. This book has just changed my view of Harlequin Kiss series. The other one I read was so sterile and bland that shall not bear the brand 'Harlequin'.
Karen
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

I’m going to tell you here and now, it’s not brain surgery. It’s a cute, funny, quirky story of a romance between a stuffy lawyer and a free-spirited activist. Jax was adorable, and Blake was super hot – in a broody, understated kinda way. Their ‘meet-cute’ happened outside a …Read More
Dar
I really liked this book! It was cute and sweet and fun even though it had some of life's twists and turns it didn't stall on them. Jax and Blake are mature, modern, people in some unusual but believable situations. The chemistry between the two of them is undeniable and it is a lot fun watching them grow into the relationship as it tests their personal beliefs and boundaries!
Amanda Sheila
3.5 stars. Cute but not my favorite.

This is the first Aimee Carson's book I read. I enjoyed it, though the angst could be a little bit better. I want to read more angst! Haha. But overall I liked it but not exactly my favorite. It'll not prevent me to read another book from this author.
  • The Taming of a Wild Child (LaBlanc Sisters #2)
  • Must Like Kids
  • The Guy to Be Seen With
  • Hitched!
  • Her Man in Manhattan
  • It was Only a Kiss
  • Driving Her Crazy
  • How to Get Over Your Ex (Valentine's Day Survival Guide duet)
  • One More Sleepless Night
  • The Secret Wedding Dress
  • What the Paparazzi Didn't See
  • Secrets & Saris
  • Once is Never Enough
  • The Couple who Fooled the World
  • Backstage with Her Ex
  • The First Crush is the Deepest (Girls Just Want to Have Fun #1)
  • Anything but Vanilla...
  • Whose Bed Is It Anyway?
The Wedding Dress Diaries (The Wedding Season, #0.5) The Unexpected Wedding Guest (The Wedding Season, #1) Secret History of a Good Girl 'Tis the Season to be Tempted How To Win The Dating War (Modern)