Start by marking “A SEAL's Surrender (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #2)” as Want to Read:
A SEAL's Surrender (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #2)

A SEAL's Surrender (Uniformly Hot SEALs #2)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  2,426 ratings  ·  198 reviews
Subject: Lieutenant Commander Cade Sullivan Status: On leave

Mission: He's home to take care of some family business.

Obstacle: Eden Gillespie. The girl who always lands in trouble...has landed in his bed!

Lieutenant Commander Cade Sullivan is the job. His commitment to the Navy SEALs is absolute-almost. Worse still, he's been summoned home, where his privileged family is the
ebook, Harlequin Blaze
Published March 1st 2013 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A SEAL's Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A SEAL's Surrender

Saly
I like reading about military men since my dad is in the army plus they are hot. Cade is a Navy SEAL but ever since one of his friends died, he is aimless, then his father falls ill and he goes home for his grandma. To the heroine, the hero was always her hero, rescuing her from her klutziness, plus he is also her fantasy. She comes from the rich but is not wealthy, so doesn't belong.

The book was just the right mix of sexiness, emotion and fun. The heroine goes all out to seduce the hero, a sire
Lauren
A SEALs Surrender
4 Stars

Wealthy, gorgeous and a Navy SEAL to boot, Cade Sullivan, has always been the heartthrob of his small town. Cute, klutzy and accident prone, Eden Gillespie, is the town’s social outcast. Home on leave, Cade finds himself coming to Eden’s rescue once again, only this time Eden has definite plans for the local hero and will settle for nothing less than his complete surrender …

Despite the military hero, this not romantic suspense but straight contemporary romance.

Whereas B
Sherri Hayes
I think I picked this book up as a free download on Amazon a while back. Harlequin books are usually good for a decent read, and I've found over the last few years that I prefer their Blaze series over some of the others. There is a little more spice to the romance.
That being said,

A SEAL's Surrender is the best Harlequin title I've read in a while.

There were a lot of things I liked about this book. First was it's two main characters, Cade and Eden. They grew up as neighbors, so there wasn't the
Talina Perkins
Tawny Weber gives readers everything they want! Heart thumping romance with a side order of family drama and a dollop of humor makes a perfect recipe or in this case a perfect Tawny Weber romance. I don’t know how she does it, but Ms. Weber creates stories with characters I relate to time and time again.

A Seal’s Surrender is a great nice-girl-next-door romance. Eden Gillespie has the charm, the smarts, and the quirky ability to always find herself in a pickle and in need of a strong sexy boy nex
Patricia
No action in this book. Just drama and gossip. I was hoping for more.
Helen
This is a fantastic story I read it in one stitting Eden is such a great heroine I was laughing with her antics and the animals the goat and dogs and cats and Cade is just so hunky and awesome. This is one very hot sensual story that will keep you turning the pages thank you Tawny for hours of reading pleasure you are an auto buy author for me love your stories thank you
Ravioli Rachel
3.5 out of 5 Stars

The second in the "Uniformly Hot Seals Series". You definitely don't need to read the first book to enjoy the second one.

Engaging and a bit humorous at times I'm actually surprised by this being a Harlequin Romance... Not a bad read at all.
Sara ♥
3.5 stars.

I was actually kinda pleasantly surprised considering this was (1) a freebie and (2) a Harlequin Romance...

I wouldn't consider this book to be full-length at only about 220 pages, but it was set up the way many authors do when writing novellas—where the hero and heroine have a back story in the past that the heroine "remembers" at times. It allows more NOW development in a shorter time, which is smart, and in this case, pretty well done.

I think my BIGGEST complaint was all the backgrou
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
I personally enjoyed this story more than the first one, one of the facts that Cade and Eden have a bit of a history. Eden has always had a thing for Cade, but not only is he older than she is, but he’s always seen her as the girl next door that he needs to save. Little does she know that after Cade accidentally saw her naked --one of the many times he rescued her-- he’s seen her as more than just the girl he always rescues.

The chemistry between these characters is amazing. The strength of Eden
Under The Cover
Come check out the reviews on my blog Under The Cover

I know this cover is well…..in my case, I find it to not be exactly a good selling argument. But you know what they say: Never judge a book by its cover. So I took that advice with this book.

So you guessed it, I wasn’t really expecting much from this book when I picked it and ended up being surprised by it. It was a sweet, nice read. Not very long and not mind blowingly good but good none the less.
I really enjoyed reading it. The characters
Jessica
Decent overall story, but the military stuff drove me nuts. Naval Captains don't earn their bars, they earn a bird. Captain's wear bars in the USAF, USMC, and USA, but not the USN. Also, how did Cade become an officer? He claims to have enlisted and gone through BMT with his two buddies, and that they were on a team together. Officers don't traditionally enlist first, they usually go through college first, then sign a contract as an officer into the military. I understand that he could have gone ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.com/bo...

Healing through rescue is not a totally unique idea but when Ms. Weber throws together a very clumsy but adorable lady with a hero who, despite the mental anguish he suffers, can’t seem to stop himself from coming to her rescue, readers are in for an entertaining treat.

Cade Sullivan has a lot of issues to work through in this story. Some of the angst is about the healing from the loss of his teammate but the other is about his place i
Jane
Lieutenant Commander Cade Sullivan, Navy SEAL comes for a visit because his father had a heart attack or rather because his grandmother, Catherine asked him to come home.

Eden Gilespie, lives next door and while Cade has been away in the Navy being a hero, she has become a vet and bought her family home and opened her business in the converted barn to vet office. Cade has rescued Eden from one mess after another since they were children and they are friends.

This time is different and Eden offers
MaryReadsRomance
3.5 Stars
Contemporary Blaze Harlequin. Part of the Hot men in Uniform! Series. No fantasy required. Nice heat and chemistry with an interesting original story. Had some nice suspense.

Got to love those men in uniform! They are the real deal. Men with physical, mental, character strength honed through the fire of training and combat.

Blake = Very Hot Toned Muscled Male= Yum!

*Note: Reduced from excellent 4 stars to 3.5 stars as H&h thinking became a bit repetitive while dragging out toward th
Breelynne
Sweet read. Didn't find anyting exceptional though. Started out pretty humorous, I really liked the animals, as Eden the "h" was a veterinarian. The story started out on the steamy side but later on everything seemed to scream 'standard romance'. So only 3 STARS for me, sorry to say.
Maggie
3.5 Stars : )

Just the right amount of sweet and sexy!
Need I say more?
Lin
This storyline is simplistic in the extreme. Almost as if it were written for teens and not adults. The cover shows a man with black hair and a dark heavy beard shadow. When the hero is described as being 6'2", blonde and having green eyes. For me this caused a disconnect right off the bat. Someone, author, editor or publisher, thinks the average reader is too stupid to notice. That I find insulting. The characters are not well developed and much of the discourse comes across as unnecessary expe ...more
RaeLatte
A SEALs Surrender by Tawny Weber continues her amazing series this time focusing on Cade Sullivan. There is nothing sexier than a dashing man in uniform. For those lucky enough to know him on a deeply personal level they are forever inducted into a special club with “privileges for life.” Privileges that Eden would love to have. Even since childhood Eden, the girl next door, has secretly pined for Cade. However, their relationship has always been platonic much to Eden’s dismay.

While Eden secre
Melissa Marlow
If only wishes came true…

That’s what Eden Gillespie has lived for since she was little and had a major crush on Cade Sullivan, the town’s best looking available bachelor. He was the boy next door that always seemed to come to her rescue, even when the situation had been humiliating
Now that he’s home on leave from the Navy Seals it was her one chance to get a piece of the Cade pie. But with that pie also comes gossip, which doesn’t feel right when it involves a fantasy about a man that is her rea
M
A SEAL's Surrender
So this book was a fun read, not because of the sex but because of the back story. There was great sex, falling-in-love-angst, and what not, but the thing that made the book a fun read was the tongue-in-cheekiness that ran rampant throughout the story line as a result of the female protagonist's, Eden, surrounds. She is a burgeoning veterinarian who is looking to save her family's property. She must depend on her connections with the snooty-McSnootertans of the country club to
Deborah
Cade Sullivan is a dedicated Navy SEAL, a handsome heartthrob who, in high school, had the girls clamoring to one of his 'Cade-ettes'. After his father, a wealthy, local big shot and avowed curmudgeon, suffers a heart attack, Cade returns home to assist his grandmother and help with the family business. The forced leave comes at a good time as Cade is suffering the loss of a close friend and fellow Navy SEAL killed in action during a mission Cade led. His confidence is shaken and he is rethinkin ...more
Tamra LeValley
A navy seal named Neal is always the talk of the town. He is and always will be a "wanted" man by all the ladies. As a matter of fact the woman he has slept with have formed a group called the "CADEttes." Eden has always been his neighbor who he has rescued from herself since they were kids. Every year since his departure into the Navy she has wished on her birthday that he would return and that he would sleep with her. Could this be her year?

I really enjoyed this book a lot. It was not only HOT
Mei
I tried really hard to like this story and this couple but I just couldn't get past the burning question in the back of my mind...Why in the world would you want something/somebody so badly that everyone else has had already?! Eden's self esteem was pathetic. It took her until the very end of this story to realize she didn't need Cade, her mother or the town's approval. I don't think Weber did her homework too well on SEALs for this one. Some incorrect rank info and a slew of typos.
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
I've known about Cade Sullivan when I first met him in the first book, A Seal' s Seduction. I clearly remember him being part of the Three Amigos, together with Blake and Phil.

After learning that his father had a heart attack, he was sent back home to take a leave of absence. He wasn't really pleased to go back, but he couldn't say no to his beloved Grandmother, Catherine. And ever since he got back, he found himself rescuing his next-door neighbor sexy siren Eden Gillespie, who had been eyeing
Danielle
Apr 11, 2014 Danielle rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Friends
Recommended to Danielle by: Free ebook on Amazon.com
Shelves: tawny-weber
Eden Gillespie has always grown up fantasying about her neighbor, Cade Sullivan. He left after graduation for the Navy and becoming a Navy Seal Lieutenant Commander. Eden flighty mother has left her daughter in a financial mess and is about to lose her home. Ready to find new clients to bring their beloved pets to her to tend to their medical needs, she bring herself to rescuing one of the wealthy members of her community’s cat from a tree. When Cade was around …so was Eden in need of a hero to ...more
Linda
I'm a sucker for these kinds of books. Just the idea of a man in uniform is hot.

Eden is a small town woman who grew up next door to the hottest, most popular guy. Cade was not only her neighbor, but he was always rescuing her from some scrape or another. Although Eden's family is one of the founding families of her home town, after the death of her father, they fell on hard times and out of favor socially. A bit clumsy, but sweet, she isn't part of the "it" crowd, but wishes she could change tha
Hannah
A SEAL’s Surrender (Sexy SEALS series book # 2) : Lieutenant Commander Cade Sullivan and Eden Gillespie

Two friends since kids, Cade was always there when Eden needed help and he never seen her as anything but a friend until he came home on leave and Eden had transformed into a woman.

Eden always had a crush on Cade but never thought she was what he wanted. When Eden finally convinced herself to get what she wanted she and Cade took a walk on the beach late one night.

Personally I didn't like the
Carra
While I enjoyed the first book of this series quite a bit, this second one lacked something. It was a slower read for me and I didn't feel as connected to the characters. Don't get me wrong-Cade was written as a hot, protective hero-but the way the relationship unfolded just didn't work for me. Many of the secondary characters were also not likable.

The storyline when first presented seemed like a good setup, but as it went on it just didn't keep my interest that well. In my opinion, the society
Jody Allen
This is a great book penned by the talented Tawny Weber. She writes very intriguing characters who make you root for them through the whole book. Being a klutz myself I relate to Eden and need to be rescued, and found her rescuer Cade extremely handsome and sexy as hell., I highly recommend this book to anyone wanting a hot and satisfying read!
Tonileg
Childhood friends get a second chance at love when they meet up as adults.
So Eden Gillespie wishes every birthday as she blows out the candles for a chance to have sexy time with her lifelong hero (and next door neighbor), Lieutenant Commander Cade Sullivan. Cade is a hunky sexy guy that stays away from 'good girls' so that he doesn't have to get married, but when he sees Eden as hot adult woman, he has to change his ideas.
Cute story about two people falling in love and trying to save each other
  • The Embattled Road (Lost and Found, #0.5)
  • The Rule-Breaker
  • All the Right Moves
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • No Going Back
  • The Risk-Taker (Sweetheart, South Carolina, #1)
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • Tripped Up (SEALs On Fire, #8)
  • In the Line of Fire (Harlequin Blaze #598) (Uniformly Hot!, #15)
  • Smooth Sailing (Stop The Wedding, #2)
  • SEAL Encounter (SEAL Brotherhood, #0.5)
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Harlequin Blaze, #493) (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Full Surrender
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author Tawny Weber has been writing sassy, sexy romances since her first Harlequin Blaze hit the shelves in 2007. A fan of Johnny Depp, cupcakes and color coordination, she spends a lot of her time shopping for cute shoes, scrapbooking and hanging out on Facebook.

Come by and visit her website at www.tawnyweber.com for hunky contests, delicious recipes an
More about Tawny Weber...

Uniformly Hot SEALs (9 books)
  • A SEAL's Seduction (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #1)
  • A SEAL's Salvation (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #3)
  • A SEAL's Kiss (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #4)
  • A SEAL's Fantasy (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #5)
  • Christmas with a SEAL (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #6)
  • A SEAL's Secret (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #7)
  • A SEAL's Pleasure (Uniformly Hot SEALS, #8)
  • A SEAL's Temptation (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #9)
A SEAL's Seduction (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #1) A SEAL's Salvation (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #3) A SEAL's Kiss (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #4) Breaking the Rules (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #14) A SEAL's Fantasy (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #5)

“Who the hell was she to rip open the safeguards he’d built around his heart and force him to see what was inside?” 3 likes
“The man is the kind of friend who goes to the edge for people he cares about. One who cares so much, he holds their loss in his heart in order to honor them.” 2 likes