Start by marking “A SEAL's Surrender (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #2)” as Want to Read:
A SEAL's Surrender (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #2)

A SEAL's Surrender (Uniformly Hot SEALs #2)

3.87  ·  Rating Details ·  2,651 Ratings  ·  203 Reviews
Subject: Lieutenant Commander Cade Sullivan Status: On leave

Mission: He's home to take care of some family business.

Obstacle: Eden Gillespie. The girl who always lands in trouble...has landed in his bed!

Lieutenant Commander Cade Sullivan is the job. His commitment to the Navy SEALs is absolute-almost. Worse still, he's been summoned home, where his privileged family is the
ebook, Harlequin Blaze
Published March 1st 2013 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A SEAL's Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A SEAL's Surrender

I like reading about military men since my dad is in the army plus they are hot. Cade is a Navy SEAL but ever since one of his friends died, he is aimless, then his father falls ill and he goes home for his grandma. To the heroine, the hero was always her hero, rescuing her from her klutziness, plus he is also her fantasy. She comes from the rich but is not wealthy, so doesn't belong.

The book was just the right mix of sexiness, emotion and fun. The heroine goes all out to seduce the hero, a sire
A SEALs Surrender
4 Stars

Wealthy, gorgeous and a Navy SEAL to boot, Cade Sullivan, has always been the heartthrob of his small town. Cute, klutzy and accident prone, Eden Gillespie, is the town’s social outcast. Home on leave, Cade finds himself coming to Eden’s rescue once again, only this time Eden has definite plans for the local hero and will settle for nothing less than his complete surrender …

Despite the military hero, this not romantic suspense but straight contemporary romance.

Whereas B
Talina Perkins
Mar 12, 2013 Talina Perkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tawny Weber gives readers everything they want! Heart thumping romance with a side order of family drama and a dollop of humor makes a perfect recipe or in this case a perfect Tawny Weber romance. I don’t know how she does it, but Ms. Weber creates stories with characters I relate to time and time again.

A Seal’s Surrender is a great nice-girl-next-door romance. Eden Gillespie has the charm, the smarts, and the quirky ability to always find herself in a pickle and in need of a strong sexy boy nex
Sherri Hayes
Dec 13, 2014 Sherri Hayes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I picked this book up as a free download on Amazon a while back. Harlequin books are usually good for a decent read, and I've found over the last few years that I prefer their Blaze series over some of the others. There is a little more spice to the romance.
That being said,

A SEAL's Surrender is the best Harlequin title I've read in a while.

There were a lot of things I liked about this book. First was it's two main characters, Cade and Eden. They grew up as neighbors, so there wasn't the
Dec 04, 2014 Mei rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I tried really hard to like this story and this couple but I just couldn't get past the burning question in the back of my mind...Why in the world would you want something/somebody so badly that everyone else has had already?! Eden's self esteem was pathetic. It took her until the very end of this story to realize she didn't need Cade, her mother or the town's approval. I don't think Weber did her homework too well on SEALs for this one. Some incorrect rank info and a slew of typos.
Feb 02, 2013 Helen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic story I read it in one stitting Eden is such a great heroine I was laughing with her antics and the animals the goat and dogs and cats and Cade is just so hunky and awesome. This is one very hot sensual story that will keep you turning the pages thank you Tawny for hours of reading pleasure you are an auto buy author for me love your stories thank you
Ravioli Rachel
Apr 08, 2013 Ravioli Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
3.5 out of 5 Stars

The second in the "Uniformly Hot Seals Series". You definitely don't need to read the first book to enjoy the second one.

Engaging and a bit humorous at times I'm actually surprised by this being a Harlequin Romance... Not a bad read at all.
No action in this book. Just drama and gossip. I was hoping for more.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at:

Healing through rescue is not a totally unique idea but when Ms. Weber throws together a very clumsy but adorable lady with a hero who, despite the mental anguish he suffers, can’t seem to stop himself from coming to her rescue, readers are in for an entertaining treat.

Cade Sullivan has a lot of issues to work through in this story. Some of the angst is about the healing from the loss of his teammate but the other is about his place i
Sara ♥
Jan 07, 2015 Sara ♥ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

I was actually kinda pleasantly surprised considering this was (1) a freebie and (2) a Harlequin Romance...

I wouldn't consider this book to be full-length at only about 220 pages, but it was set up the way many authors do when writing novellas—where the hero and heroine have a back story in the past that the heroine "remembers" at times. It allows more NOW development in a shorter time, which is smart, and in this case, pretty well done.

I think my BIGGEST complaint was all the backgrou
Under The Cover
Come check out the reviews on my blog Under The Cover

I know this cover is well… my case, I find it to not be exactly a good selling argument. But you know what they say: Never judge a book by its cover. So I took that advice with this book.

So you guessed it, I wasn’t really expecting much from this book when I picked it and ended up being surprised by it. It was a sweet, nice read. Not very long and not mind blowingly good but good none the less.
I really enjoyed reading it. The characters
Mar 22, 2013 Jessica rated it liked it
Decent overall story, but the military stuff drove me nuts. Naval Captains don't earn their bars, they earn a bird. Captain's wear bars in the USAF, USMC, and USA, but not the USN. Also, how did Cade become an officer? He claims to have enlisted and gone through BMT with his two buddies, and that they were on a team together. Officers don't traditionally enlist first, they usually go through college first, then sign a contract as an officer into the military. I understand that he could have gone ...more
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
I personally enjoyed this story more than the first one, one of the facts that Cade and Eden have a bit of a history. Eden has always had a thing for Cade, but not only is he older than she is, but he’s always seen her as the girl next door that he needs to save. Little does she know that after Cade accidentally saw her naked --one of the many times he rescued her-- he’s seen her as more than just the girl he always rescues.

The chemistry between these characters is amazing. The strength of Eden
Lieutenant Commander Cade Sullivan, Navy SEAL comes for a visit because his father had a heart attack or rather because his grandmother, Catherine asked him to come home.

Eden Gilespie, lives next door and while Cade has been away in the Navy being a hero, she has become a vet and bought her family home and opened her business in the converted barn to vet office. Cade has rescued Eden from one mess after another since they were children and they are friends.

This time is different and Eden offers
3.5 Stars
Contemporary Blaze Harlequin. Part of the Hot men in Uniform! Series. No fantasy required. Nice heat and chemistry with an interesting original story. Had some nice suspense.

Got to love those men in uniform! They are the real deal. Men with physical, mental, character strength honed through the fire of training and combat.

Blake = Very Hot Toned Muscled Male= Yum!

*Note: Reduced from excellent 4 stars to 3.5 stars as H&h thinking became a bit repetitive while dragging out toward th
This storyline is simplistic in the extreme. Almost as if it were written for teens and not adults. The cover shows a man with black hair and a dark heavy beard shadow. When the hero is described as being 6'2", blonde and having green eyes. For me this caused a disconnect right off the bat. Someone, author, editor or publisher, thinks the average reader is too stupid to notice. That I find insulting. The characters are not well developed and much of the discourse comes across as unnecessary expe ...more
Jody Daniels
Mar 09, 2013 Jody Daniels rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book penned by the talented Tawny Weber. She writes very intriguing characters who make you root for them through the whole book. Being a klutz myself I relate to Eden and need to be rescued, and found her rescuer Cade extremely handsome and sexy as hell., I highly recommend this book to anyone wanting a hot and satisfying read!
Jul 19, 2014 Breelynne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 200-pgs
Sweet read. Didn't find anyting exceptional though. Started out pretty humorous, I really liked the animals, as Eden the "h" was a veterinarian. The story started out on the steamy side but later on everything seemed to scream 'standard romance'. So only 3 STARS for me, sorry to say.
Apr 30, 2013 Erica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story line but had some issues with the military aspects. Seals have a different ranking than the references in this book gave. Hot and steamy and worth the read.
Mar 09, 2014 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars : )

Just the right amount of sweet and sexy!
Need I say more?
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Uniformly Hot!
Category: Passion
Oct 20, 2016 Cheri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so happy that I can rate this book higher than the first in this series. Since I loved the storyline in the first book it pained me that there were so many other problems. This one was definitely a step up. The editing is so much better, but still not great. It would have actually gotten one more star from me if there hadn't been some glaring errors in that department. The use of the term "soldier" for a Navy SEAL was at a minimum. Decent storyline and great characters rounded it all out.

Oct 21, 2016 Gizzard rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Nice romance novel with likeable characters. More sex than plot though. To me that is a negative, but I know to many others, that would be a positive. :)
Feb 20, 2013 Dottie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sassy, sexy romance with attitude! Taken from my review at

Navy SEAL Lieutenant Commander Cade Sullivan, aka Slick, and his two friends, Phil and Blake, are so close they are known as The Three Amigos. So Cade is devastated when a mission gone awry takes Phil’s life…a mission in which Cade had been the leader. Cade is not only suffering from the loss of his friend, he blames himself. Ordered to take leave off the base, Cade had had no plans to go home since he and his father
Sep 08, 2014 RaeLatte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A SEALs Surrender by Tawny Weber continues her amazing series this time focusing on Cade Sullivan. There is nothing sexier than a dashing man in uniform. For those lucky enough to know him on a deeply personal level they are forever inducted into a special club with “privileges for life.” Privileges that Eden would love to have. Even since childhood Eden, the girl next door, has secretly pined for Cade. However, their relationship has always been platonic much to Eden’s dismay.

While Eden secre
3.5 Stars A SEAL’s Surrender is an adult contemporary/military romance by Tawny Weber, and part of the Harlequin Blaze Uniformly Hot! series. The Few. The Proud. The Sexy as Hell!

Lieutenant Commander Cade Sullivan’s commitment to the Navy SEALs is absolute ... almost. But since losing a teammate during a mission, a gnawing emptiness has started to overshadow his career—they’d gone through BUDS together, had served in the same platoon on countless missions together. And they’d embraced ever
Jun 06, 2014 Jo-Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I really liked this book. OK it's not going to change the world but I enjoyed reading this romance and with a Navy SEAL, it couldn't get better.

Eden and Cade have been neighbors and known each other since they were children. Eden has always had a crush on Cade but he looked at her like a klutzy little girl who constantly needed to be rescued - until during one of his rescues, he sees her naked and his thoughts change for her in a big way. Eden bought her family home and was trying to make the pa
Mar 15, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a sucker for these kinds of books. Just the idea of a man in uniform is hot.

Eden is a small town woman who grew up next door to the hottest, most popular guy. Cade was not only her neighbor, but he was always rescuing her from some scrape or another. Although Eden's family is one of the founding families of her home town, after the death of her father, they fell on hard times and out of favor socially. A bit clumsy, but sweet, she isn't part of the "it" crowd, but wishes she could change tha
A Seal's Surrender by Tawny Weber is a 2013 Harlequin publication.

Cade is a SEAL and most fathers would be bursting with pride. But, not Mr. Sullivan, Cade's father who has never forgiven Cade for walking away from the family business to join the military. Now the old man has had a heart attack and Cade is back home.

Eden is the girl next door type, a girl that lives surrounded by the affluent, while she isn't. Her love life is stagnant and her best friend is hoping to help her out of her slump
Mar 06, 2014 Cathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves an emotional love story and great sex
Tawny Weber has done it again! She writes a wonderful love story with great dialogue and sex. I really got caught up in this wonderful story and highly recommend it.

Cade Sullivan and Eden Gillespie grew up next door to each other. He was 4-6 years older than she was, and he was always rescuing her. He joined the Navy Seals after a heated argument with his rich and strong willed father, who wanted him to stay home and work in the family business. His father has a heart attack and crashes into Ede
  • The Rule-Breaker
  • The Risk-Taker (Sweetheart, South Carolina, #1)
  • All the Right Moves
  • Free Fall
  • Sizzle
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • Smooth Sailing (Stop The Wedding, #2)
  • SEALed With A Kiss: Heroes With Heart
  • Full Surrender
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • The Embattled Road (Lost and Found, #0.5)
  • In the Line of Fire (Harlequin Blaze #598) (Uniformly Hot!, #15)
New York Times and USA TODAY Bestselling author of more than forty books, Tawny Weber loves writing about sexy heroes, most notably her popular Navy SEALs series. Her sassy, emotional romances are filled with men dedicated to being the best—and women determined to have the best. Tawny credits her ex-military alpha husband for inspiration in her writing, and in her life. The recipient of numerous w ...more
More about Tawny Weber...

Uniformly Hot SEALs (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • A SEAL's Seduction (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #1)
  • A SEAL's Salvation (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #3)
  • A SEAL's Kiss (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #4)
  • A SEAL's Fantasy (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #5)
  • Christmas with a SEAL (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #6)
  • A SEAL's Proposal (Sexy SEAL #1)
  • A SEAL's Secret (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #7)
  • A SEAL's Pleasure (Uniformly Hot SEALS, #8)
  • A SEAL's Temptation (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #9)/Hard Knocks
  • A SEAL's Touch

“Who the hell was she to rip open the safeguards he’d built around his heart and force him to see what was inside?” 3 likes
“The man is the kind of friend who goes to the edge for people he cares about. One who cares so much, he holds their loss in his heart in order to honor them.” 2 likes