Start by marking “Bungalow Nights (Beach House No. 9, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bungalow Nights (Beach House No. 9, #2)

Bungalow Nights (Beach House No. 9 #2)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  607 ratings  ·  56 reviews
Return to "USA TODAY" bestselling author Christie Ridgway's Crescent Cove, California, where the magic of summer can last forever... Combat medic Vance Smith made a promise to a fallen officer: to treat the man's young daughter to an idyllic vacation at Beach House No. 9. One month, some sun and surf, a "helmet list" of activities to check off and Vance will move on. But t ...more
Published March 1st 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Bungalow Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bungalow Nights

Susan
Very good book. Colonel Parker is the one man Vance wasn't able to get off the battlefield alive. But he made a promise that he would take the man's young daughter on a vacation and do the things he had kept putting off with her. So Vance set everything up and waited to meet the girl. He was stunned when he discovered that Layla was actually a full grown and beautiful woman. He is instantly attracted to her, but considers her to be "hands off."

I really liked both Layla and Vance. Layla has alway
Amanda
This is a great second installment of Ridgway's Beach House series. I really enjoyed this story. I've also written this review twice and have deleted it. I really like how Ridgeway weaves the story and characters together. It makes sense how the main and secondary love story go together. The pacing is just right and the book moved along at a great pace. However, I wanted more of the secondary characters. They are so great, they could have had their own book.

The only thing Ridgeway gets wrong is
Katie_la_geek
For this review and more visit my blog

I was really looking forward to this book, I found the blurb really interesting and I was sure I was going to love it, but to my dismay this was not what I hoped it would be and in the end I didn’t really enjoy it at all.

The story seemed to float along at an unhurried pace that left me feeling a little bored. I felt there was little substance and to be not enough going on to really interest me. The romance felt cold and I didn’t really care if Vance and Lay
LaFleurBleue
Like in the previous book, there's also a secondary love story in this book.
I liked better the characters in this one: the hero being a former bad boy turned military medic with a long story of conflicts with his family and a weak self-confidence in any situations but work. The heroine is a very lonely character longing but really afraid to belong and get attached. Their story evolved nicely, I liked how both of them managed to make the other better. And even the secondary love story was rather
Romantic Reads and Such
For Layla and Vance, Addy and Baxter, their month at Beach House No. 9 is a time of love and learning, of forgiveness and letting go, trust and faith. If you are looking for that perfect book (series actually) to kick off your summer, run out and get Bungalow Nights (and its predecessors - Beach House Beginnings and Beach House No 9). You’ll quickly be drawn into a world of sun, sea, surf and love. Full review available at http://romanticreadsandsuch.wordpress...
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
I liked this one best of the series. No good reason why as they weren't all that different. I think I liked the heroine just a bit better.
Andrea Guy
Bungalow Nights is the second book in Christie Ridgway's Crescent Cove trilogy. It is a stand alone novel so don't worry about missing out on anything from the first book.

The primary love story is Vance and Layla, but Vance has a cousin Baxter who had a fling with Addy 6 years ago, and when they find each other, things start to spark and then there's Fritz, the oldest brother, who is really a jerk, no matter how much they try to sugar coat things. Any brother that would go to bed with his brothe
Shirley Frances
Vance has just returned to the States after being injured in Afghanistan. He's a man of his word and his promises have never been broken. But when he meets the 'girl' he promised to spend the month of July with at Crescent Cove, he doesn't think he could keep his promise. Suddenly feeling like the out of control guy he left behind after joining the Army, Vance doesn't think he can survive sharing a house with Layla.

An easy going woman who manages her own business, Layla is not the 10 year old gi
Linda
This is the second book and I really liked this pairing, Vance is a combat medic who comes to the mysterious and healing Bungalow #9 to fulfill a deathbed promise. He told a dying commander that he would give the promised month of summer at the beach to the commander's daughter. Problem is that Vance expects Layla to be a girl of about 10 from the picture carried in her dad's helmet. Instead, she's a grown woman running a cupcake truck business.

From Vance showing up with a teddy bear and hiring
Michelle
Bungalow Nights, book two in the Beach House No. 9 series by Christie Ridgway, was just as enjoyable, fun, and flirty as book number 1. Even though this is in a series I think it could be read as a stand-alone. You do run in to some reoccurring characters but I don’t think that their impact on the storyline would affect a reader’s enjoyment of the story. Now, that doesn’t mean you should skip Beach House No. 9 because that was also a great contemporary romance from Ms. Ridgway.

In this story we
Kimberly
Review written for www.books-n-kisses.com

3.5 Stars
I enjoyed this book but I am not sure it was one of my favorites from Ridgway. I enjoyed the story of Vance and Layla. I thought they had a very good chemistry and I enjoyed reading their story. Both of their stories were sad and yet sweet. In the beginning I was not sure about the relationship between Vance and Layla. It seemed a little forced but then it really began to grow. I just wish it had not taken so long. The story of Layla’s dad was ju
Jo (My House of Books)
While Bungalow Nights is set in Crescent Cove, the hero and heroine are not in the core group of characters introduced in Beach House No. 9. That may be the only reason I didn't enjoy the second book of this series as much.

Vance Smith made a promise, one he intends to keep. He's taking his commanding officer's young daughter on a beach vacation to Crescent Cove for one month. He's not sure what he'll do with a child, though he's hopeful the little girl's mother or another female relative will t
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: C

Vance, working in the field as a combat medic, agrees to fulfill a dying man’s wish – give his daughter a beach vacation and complete his “helmet list”, a list of things the man wanted to do with his daughter, but never got the chance. Vince thinks he’s going to be watching a young girl at the beach house thanks to a picture her dad carried around of her, but instead adult Layla shows up and isn’t sure what she’s gotten herself into with Van
Romancing the Book
Posted on Romancing the Books blog
Reviewed by Molly
Review Copy Provided by Netgalley

Christie Ridgway is quickly becoming an author I can’t get enough of. Her writing style is stunning and her characters emotionally complex and captivating. With each book she gets better and better. The story lines become more complex and pull you into the heart of the story, making you feel as if you are the center of it. I love reading books like that.

I won’t go into too much detail on these books because I wil
Christi Snow
My Review:
This story was just absolutely beautiful. The two characters in this book absolutely melted my heart. Vance was a medic who's always lived under a lucky star, cheating death and helping those around him do the same...until Layla's father, a Colonel in the army, died under his battlefield care. Then there's Layla. She was raised by two bachelors...one a free-loving hippy...the other a straight-laced soldier...neither of them emotionally "there" for a little girl who needed that link.

Lay
Jennifer Zorko
I love Christie Rigdway, and I was so very excited to be able to review Bungalow Nights, Book 2 in the Beach House No. 9 series.

Vance Smith is an army medic who has just returned from war and is on a mission. He promised his dying friend Col. Parker that he will take his daughter on a month long vacation to Beach House No.9 and help her to complete the "Helmet List" of all of the things that he never got to do with his "Little Girl". Seeing a picture of Layla Parker, Vance thinks that she is a 9
Kelly Moran
While trying to aid a fallen officer, combat medic Vance Smith made a promise: show the dying man's young daughter an idyllic vacation at Crescent Cove. Honored by his promise, Vance is shocked to find a full grown and beautiful woman, not a girl. Layla Parker hasn't known a sense of home or consistency. In her mind, nothing in life is permanent. But lazy days and warm nights on the Cove with a sexy man is starting to make her want those things.

In book one (Beach House No 9), I loved the primary
Becky
Though this book had its moments--I liked the storyline that dealt with Vance's family issues (and loved how he kept hitting himself in the head with his cast; too cute), other parts felt a bit flat. The pretend relationship bit was entertaining, but nothing new from what has been done with this type of story before. Layla's dealing with her grief by sending her dad emails was a nice touch, but it seemed to be something she'd do, then forget, then suddenly do again when it worked for the plot. M ...more
Kari
Bungalow Nights is the second book in the Crescent Cove series by Ms. Ridgway. If you are looking for a sexy and heartwarming story then Bungalow Nights is just the thing! I started this book after reading a very disturbing horror novel. Boy was this a soothing balm for my soul. The story is not just a romance, it deals with healing, reconciliation, forgiveness and acceptance. There is a lost packed into this sweet story! I didn't want to put it down!

Not only do we get to watch Vance and Layla f
Princess
Second installment in the Beach House No. 9 Series and it was just wonderful. I really liked the chemistry between Vance and Layla and let me tell you this book was scorching hot! And as a bonus there's a secondary love story between Vance's cousin Baxter and Addy. Loved them too. Two romances in one book, what's not to love about that. Can't wait to get my hands on the third book to see what is up with Skye. Dying to see what her secret is and why she acts the way she does :)
Kim
Loved this one. Out of this series this is by far my favorite! Combat medic Vance honours his commanding officers dying wish to take his daughter on a one month vacation. Vance believes Layla is a child but alas she is of course a beautiful women with her own business. It's a romance novel so it's all good and for once the characters are good and have a good story line there as well! Must read if your looking for a fun, easy summer read!
Lennis
I am having a hard time deciding between 4 and 5 stars on this one. I loved both couples in this book. The secondary storyline was amazing, and I think it would have made a great stand alone novel, to tell you the truth. Vance and Layla had a very poignant story also, and I think that I would have liked for both stories to have a full novel. Aside from that, I loved this one and couldn't wait to get back to it whenever I had to put it down.
Jen
Started off a little on the slow side, but picked up and became one of my favorites among the books I've recently read. I really liked the whole family drama on Vance's side (although is it really that easy to get out of the army, medical issues and all?) and found Layla's responses at the end heartbreaking and yet wonderful at the same time. (view spoiler) ...more
Barb
Bungalow Nights is the second book in a series by Christie Ridgway about the love stories that happen in Beach House No. 9. Vance is a medic in the army, that when he could not save his colonel, agreed to complete his "helmet list", activities he planned to do with his daughter when he was home. Vance assumes that the colonel's daughter, Layla, is the 10 year old girl in the photo he carried, in reality she is a 25 year old woman that drives a cupcake catering van. Vance is fighting family issue ...more
Corey Freeman
There wasn't much about this book I liked. The reason Vance and Layla got together was WAY out there. I was more interested in Addy & Baxter even though I also didn't care for Addy's character much. I think the only reason I finished the book, was to find out how Vance's family issues were resolved. I even found that disappointing.
Moey17
I enjoyed this more than the first, the leads were so likable and had such chemistry! The secondary love story was cute, though could have been fleshed out more. Overall, it was a very sexy brain-candy read, that had heart and was very touching at times! Just lots of fun!
Sam
I really enjoyed this book. It tied in both the first book and what may be coming in the third and the characters developed throughout the story and the reader had the opportunity to see the strengths and weaknesses of the main characters as the story progressed.
Janga
Bungalow Nights is the second novel (plus a prequel novella) in Christie Ridgway’s Beach House No. 9 series, all set in a California beach house that may have the magical power to bring true lovers together. But before they can achieve their HEA, the lead characters and two of the secondary characters must reject the self-concepts they adopted at an early age.

See full First Look at Heroes and Heartbreakers:
Kate Vale
I, too, had a father in the service who left periodically. Perhaps that's one reason so much of this story resonated with me. Not that I necessarily found an exciting man and a love as a result. Nevertheless, the primary couple and the secondary one, too, kept me reading to the last page. Recipes for some of the cupcakes Layla makes and sells were nice extra touches. A great read, whether on the beach, at a mountain cabin whose roof is covered with snow, or simply at home trying to get over a co ...more
Megan
Really cute story. Wish finding someone was always this easy.
  • Some Like It Hot (Razor Bay, #2)
  • Perfect Fit (Serendipity's Finest, #1)
  • A Shot of Sultry (Sultry Springs, #2)
  • Merry and Bright
  • Fool for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #1)
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2)
  • Crazy Thing Called Love (Crooked Creek Ranch, #3)
  • You're The One (Bad Boys of Red Hook, #2)
  • Be Mine:  Sizzle\Too Fast to Fall\Alone With You
  • Run To You (Lovett, Texas, #4)
  • An Act of Persuasion (Tyler Group, #2)
  • A Fine Romance (Aisle Bound, #2)
  • The Summer He Came Home (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #1)
  • Sex and the Single Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #3)
  • Two of a Kind (Fool's Gold, #11)
  • All Out of Love (Cupid, Texas, #2)
  • Hunk for the Holidays (Hunk for the Holidays, #1)
Crush on You (Three Kisses, #1) Then He Kissed Me (Three Kisses, #2) How to Knit a Wild Bikini (Malibu and Ewe #1) Can't Hurry Love (Three Kisses, #3) Beach House No. 9 (Beach House No. 9, #1)