Start by marking “A Home of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #4)” as Want to Read:
A Home of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #4)

A Home of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho #4)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  474 ratings  ·  19 reviews
When Lucky Caldwell was ten, her mother, Red--the best-known hooker in Dundee, Idaho--married Morris Caldwell, a wealthy and much older man. It didn't last, of course, but Morris's kindness was the highlight of Lucky's life.

Mike Hill, Morris's grandson, doesn't feel too well-disposed toward Red or her kids. He believes they alienated Morris from his family. Even Morris's V
Published January 15th 2013 by Harlequin Mira (first published April 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Home of Her Own, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Home of Her Own

Tia
This was one amazing book! The heroine's mother was a mistress to many men and when the heroine was born, there were three possible candidates for paternity. She was trying to find her father when she met he hero, whom she'd been in love with since she was sixteen. Secretly they got together and the heroine offered her virginity to the hero. Then the heroine fell in love with the hero and was chased outta town. A month later and the hero is mourning for her, the heroine just found out she's preg ...more
Nancy Stopper
In "A Home of Her Own", we see a girl who can't live down her mother's past. And her mother's sins have become her sins: in her own mind, and in the mind of the residents of Dundee. No one is welcoming to her, except Mike Hill. I was thrilled to see how he was quickly to see through her tough façade to realize that below her tough exterior was a fragile girl who was desperate for acceptance. She wasn't accepted by her own family, including her own mother and mostly her brothers, and she wasn't a ...more
Lilly Verdzco
Lucky Caldwell has returned to Dundee and Mike hill is seeing what the town's residents aren't.

Lucky just want to fix the Victorian house to put it in the market and leave Dundee for good , she did love Morris Caldwell like a father and felt in love with his grandson Mike, she saw how caring hi was. Obviously he didn't feel the same ,she was 10 years old and he was 25 .

-Live and let live -
"She’s a mean-spirited, nasty person just like her mother.“

Mean-spirited?” he repeated.
“What else would yo
Lysanne
I read this book in one night. I started reading around 10pm and finished around 3am. The book was very engaging and kept me wanting for more. With that said, it's going to be a long day today.

This book is the Story of Lucky and Mike (FINALLY! Love Mike!). I liked the passion between these two and the very intense heat. I didn't so much like the fact that the town was RIDICULOUS until the very end of the book, and even then. I'm from a small town so I understand the dynamics that can happen, but
Germaine
I can't believe that this is the fourth book Brenda Novak has written about Dundee, Idaho, a town which is populated by ignorant, small-minded, judgmental, and just plain nasty people. Heroine is the daughter of the town slut, so everyone knows that she is a slut, too, and proceeds to treat her as one. Heroine, being the proud thing that she is, suffers in silence and keeps her head up through a series of contrived circumstances that push the credibility limits even for Romanceland. Hero's famil ...more
 ★ g.k. ★
This story shows how the sins of the mother (a prostitute who married a rich older gentleman) are judged by a small town onto the daughter. When her stepdad left Lucky the old Victorian home that she lived in until she left after graduation of High School and enough income to allow her to travel and not have to work. The town and the neighbor (of the Victorian) all thought she was as money grabbing and loose as her mother. Not that she might have had feelings for her stepdad.

She decides to come
Eya
I realize this should be another silly book. Most parts actually are. But something about the protagonist, Lucky, stands out. There is a strenght to her, force of character that's uncommon in romance novels, that makes her very memorable. And a little relatable. And Novak has her deliver one of the most heartbreaking confessions of love I know. It's almost difficult to explain how surprised I was to find a realistically proud, stubborn, wary character in the 4th book of a series like this. This ...more
Moira
It was great to read Lucky and Mike's story. It's a tough decision to go against your family but this story shows that going for true love and the brass ring to have it all will pay off in the end!
Beverly
Had trouble liking this one as much as some of the others in this series. It was a fast read. Will continue with the next one.
*Carissmatik*
I really liked this book :) I actually wanted it to be longer... we never got the big confrontation.. I wish there had been more plot development. We never actually saw the process of the town getting to know the real Lucky.. I think it is an important part that was missed. Hence the 4 stars. But I was pleasantly surprised with the the writing and character development. the story felt real and the characters were relatable which is the most important thing to me whenever I read a novel.
Marianne
A nice little surprise in my books from Tracy as I have read the companion volume - about one of the characters mentioned. The fiesty main character has a good balance of vulnerability and strength. I liked that. Being a Harlequin Romance, of course she gets her man, the one she has dreamed about since she was 16 but who is from the rival family.
Gail
Holy moly, what an angst-fest. This is the one about the homewrecker's daughter and the grandson of the guy whose home Ma wrecked. Also the hero's the brother of the hero in A Husband of Her Own. Loved this.
Deanna
I have really been enjoying reading Brenda Novak's Dundee, Idaho series. Every book is a fast, fun, romantic read. A Home of Her Own was no different. I definitely recommend this book and series.
Danielle Calabrese
My favorite of the series so far! I really liked Booker and Katie and loved seeing their relationship resume from the last novel.
Christy Jones
I have read all of the books in this series and this is my favorite. There is a 15 year age difference between the main couple. Great book
Cornelia
a home of her own is a nice addition to the serie
Linda Joplin
Another winner by Novak!
Elizabeth Witzke-Baum
Elizabeth Witzke-Baum marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Lurie Twist
Lurie Twist marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Kristin Whitney
Kristin Whitney marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Deanna
Deanna added it
Apr 22, 2015
Dorothy Red
Dorothy Red is currently reading it
Apr 20, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
  • Dangerous Flirtation
  • The Deep and Snowy Wood (Christmas Picture Book)
  • The Farmer's Wife (Luchettis Brothers #1)
  • The Bee Bully
  • Angel Wings
  • The Bargain Bride
  • Her Colorado Man
  • Suddenly You
  • The Daily Writer: 366 Meditations To Cultivate A Productive And Meaningful Writing Life
  • Cupcakes, Pies, and Hot Guys (Annie Graceland Mystery, #3)
  • Don't Break My Heart (Return to Redemption, #6)
  • To Kiss a Frog
  • Scandalous (The Finn Factor, #2)
  • The Sicilian Surrender (O'Connells, #2)
  • Writing Active Setting: Characterization and Sensory Detail (Active Setting, #1)
  • Memoirs of the Bathtub Psychic - The True Story of a Clairvoyant and Her Dogs
  • Dalton's Undoing (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #3)
  • Perfect Pumpkin Pie
It was a shocking experience that jump-started Brenda Novak’s bestselling author career.

“I caught my day-care provider drugging my children with cough syrup and Tylenol to get them to sleep while I was away,” Brenda says. “It was then that I decided that I needed to do something from home.”

However, writing was the last profession she expected to undertake. In fact, Brenda swears she didn’t have a
More about Brenda Novak...

Dundee, Idaho (8 books)
  • A Baby of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #1)
  • A Husband of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #2)
  • A Family of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #3)
  • Stranger in Town (Dundee, Idaho, #5)
  • Big Girls Don't Cry (Dundee, Idaho, #6)
  • The Other Woman (Dundee, Idaho, #7)
  • Coulda Been a Cowboy (Dundee, Idaho, #8)
When Lightning Strikes (Whiskey Creek, #1) When We Touch (Whiskey Creek, #0.5) Trust Me (Last Stand Series, #1) When Snow Falls (Whiskey Creek, #2) When Summer Comes (Whiskey Creek, #3)

“Live and let live,” 0 likes
“learn pretty damn fast that everything else is smoke and mirrors. Fame. Money. Success. You realize that life is fleeting and family’s what it’s all about. It’s the only thing that matters.” 0 likes