Start by marking “Amy the Amethyst Fairy: A Rainbow Magic Book (Jewel Fairies #5)” as Want to Read:
Amy the Amethyst Fairy: A Rainbow Magic Book (Jewel Fairies #5)

Amy the Amethyst Fairy: A Rainbow Magic Book (Jewel Fairies #5)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  688 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Seven jewels have been stolen from the Fairy Queen's crown! Without them, the Jewel Fairies' magical powers are fading. Read all seven books to find the jewels and save the fairies! Jack Frost is up to no good again! This time, he's stolen the seven jewels from Queen Titania's crown. Without them, the Jewel Fairies can't do their jobs. The magic in Fairyland is fading fast ...more
Published January 1st 2013 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Amy the Amethyst Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amy the Amethyst Fairy

Irene
Mar 18, 2013 Irene rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls in Pre-K through 2nd Grade
Another great location for a fairy / goblin encounter! This time, Rachel and Kirsty visit an adventure playground with a fun and elaborate tree house. "Daisy Meadows" is actually the pen name of a group of authors who ghostwrite these Rainbow Magic books, and I have to say, I think the actual author(s) of the last few Jewel Fairies book have done an especially good job.

For the first time that I have noticed, this book makes evident that books within a sub-series should be read in order. In the
Kim
5 Year old loved this. I thought it was OK.
Lauren
amethyst are very beautiful
Sue
Title: Amy the Amethyst Fairy

Author: Daisy Meadows

Genre: Young Adult

Challenges: To Be Continued…Challenge, 101 Books in 1001 Days Challenge, A to Z Reading Challenge, 2009 Support Your Local Library, 20 Books in 2009, 2009 Second Chances, Pages Read Challenge, 2009 YA Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge – 2009, the confuzzled Faerie Book Challenge, Summer Reading Challenge 2009,

Rating: 3/5

No. of Pages: 65

Published: 2005

From the back: Jack Frost is up to no good again! This time, he’s stolen the s
Dolly
Jul 03, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the fifth of seven books in the Rainbow Magic Jewel Fairies series by the group of authors who go by the pseudonym Daisy Meadows. While the stories are basically the same and follow a simple formula, they are entertaining for young girls who are starting to read chapter books and I love that our oldest is just ripping through them. We both read the books separately and talk about what happens. I'm not a huge fan of them, but each story only takes about 5-10 minutes to read. Our oldest is ...more
Lexi
Rachel and Kristy have fairy friends from fairyland.they are helping Amy the Amethyst fairy get her amethyst back.Rachel ,Kristy and Amy see the amethyst,but those sneaky goblins find it first.I think Daisy Meadow did a great job !
Jodi
A fluffy book about fairies. It didn't really seem to hold my children's attention as I was reading it and actually told them I was going to take a break from reading since they weren't behaving while I read. Of course this book was just "too girl" for my little tough guy but with two kiddos close in age, we take turns choosing books and this was my daughter's choice. Even though I didn't think she cared for the book, my daughter has asked if she can get another one at the school book fair this ...more
Deidra
Written by Daisy Meadows, illustrated by Georgie Ripper. Published by Scholastic Inc., copyright 2005.

Grade level: 1-3

This is book number five of the Jewel Fairy series and this time the fairies are up against Jack Frost. Jack has stolen the seven jewels, including Amy's Amethyst jewel. With the help of her human friends Kirsty and Rachel, will she be able to get all the jewels back and save Fairyland?

This was a cute story that young readers will like because the reading level and story line wi
Kate
Inconsistencies. My kids notice them and they distract from these stories. In one story the goblins are small enough to sit in a small RC plane, in the very next story they're tall enough to pose as mannequins in a store window. In the first series (Rainbow Fairies), the goblins caused everything in their immediate vicinity to ice up and if they got too close to a fairy, it would sap her color and strength. In this current series they have no effect on the environment around them or the fairies ...more
The Jewel Fairies
Amy the Amethyst Fairy can't make anything disappear without her magic jewel. When Rachel and Kirsty see parts of the playground vanish, they think they must be on the right track.

These fairy books let little girls imaginations run wild with the thought of fairys and magical adventures. All little girls dream of having fairy friends and will feel they get closer to having fairy friends with these books.
Emily
Very poorly written, not creative and a very bland plot light. I was surprised that my daughter enjoyed it but afterwards she was very confused by a few odd things in the book. Why does the jewel make things disappear randomly but it doesn't make the things disappear that touch the jewel? Why do the goblins wear gloves? The book was a disappointment, I have no idea why these books are popular.
Amy
This book was crap. Crap crap crap. I have no idea why these books are so popular. Lord knows there is tons of children's lit that is worth reading, but this book certainly doesn't fall in that category. Unimaginative plot and stupid characters. I don't feel bad bashing this book because I honestly don't think anyone could have put their heart and soul into creating it.
Alison Stadt
Rachel and Kristy were playing in a fort. Soon they notest that things were disappearng and appearing again. Amy saw them and she said that all the appearing is because the amethyst was missing.
Amy
My older daughter LOVES these books - devours them actually, and I agreed to read one for the library book club. It was cute, but not a lot to the story line. They come in a series of seven books, so maybe reading all of them, in order, would reveal the story line better.
$hanel
Amy the amethyst fairy owns the amethyst which makes things disappear. When Rachel and Kirsty find Amy they wonder if they can help find the amethyst without Jack Frost`s green goblins getting in the way of everything.
Whitney
These books are not especially well-written but little girls can't get enough of them. The main characters are pretty good role models and the overall theme of working to help others is nice.
Jolynn
I read this book to my little girls. They had checked it out of the library and wanted me to read it to them. They really like these books and enjoy them, because they are simple to read.
Vittoria
The story is about two girls that help Amy the amethyst fairy find and bring back Amy's amethyst back to fairyland.I LOVED the story because I like how they figure out their problems.
Deanna
This book is about a fairy that is trying to find her jewel so she could replace it on the queens crown. If you like the Amethyst jewel you will like this book.
What I liked about this book is that when the bridge was disappearing I knew that the amethyst was missing.
Caitlyn
Okay, I found a chapter book that's short, easy, has some pictures and Emma likes it! Yay!
Sydney
amy is trying to get her amethyst back. they find it in a bush in front of the costume store.
Charla
THE RAINBOW MGIC SERIES IS AWESOME
Nadia
These books are so adorable
Katie
I liked this one a lot :)
Angela Barakat
I read this with my daughter.
  • Flying High (My Secret Unicorn, #3)
  • Chocolate Dreams
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Dulcie's Taste of Magic (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #11)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Princess Charlotte and the Birthday Ball (The Tiara Club, #1)
  • In a Blink (Disney Fairies: Never Girls #1)
  • The Giant Diamond Robbery
  • Just Grace and the Terrible Tutu (Just Grace, #6)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • The Yellow Yacht (A to Z Mysteries, #25)
  • The Best Is Yet to Come (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes Super Special, #1)
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh
More about Daisy Meadows...
Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1) Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2) Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1) Fern The Green Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #4) Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #3)