Start by marking “Ling & Ting Share a Birthday (Ling & Ting, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ling & Ting Share a Birthday (Ling & Ting, #2)

Ling & Ting Share a Birthday (Ling & Ting #2)

Ling & Ting are twins. They share a birthday. They bake cakes, and they make birthday wishes. They tell stories and wrap gifts. They also share a birthday secret!
Have fun with Ling and Ting! They stick together and look alike. But they are not exactly the same.
Published September 10th 2013 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published September 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ling & Ting Share a Birthday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ling & Ting Share a Birthday

Happy Birthday, Moon by Frank AschHappy Birthday, Bad Kitty by Nick BruelThe Berenstain Bears and Too Much Birthday by Stan BerenstainThe Secret Birthday Message by Eric CarleCupcake by Charise Mericle Harper
Children's Books about Birthdays
15th out of 190 books — 13 voters
11 Birthdays by Wendy MassThe Remarkable Journey of Charlie Price by Jennifer MaschariDisneylanders by Kate  AbbottPositively by Courtney SheinmelLifesaving for Beginners by Ciara Geraghty
Helium Balloons
68th out of 86 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Ebookwormy
Oct 31, 2016 Ebookwormy rated it really liked it
We were delighted to discover the first installment of the Ling and Ting series (Not the Same) was absolutely not a fluke! They are back for more entwined adventures in this second installment of Grace Lin's whimsical series. The bright illustrations are interesting fun, and the simple narrative strikes the right notes for new readers or younger listeners. You don't have to have read the first to enjoy this one, but once you read these stories, you will want more! Highly recommended.
Alex Housman
Nov 03, 2016 Alex Housman rated it liked it
Shelves: multi-cultural
Ling & Ting are twins and share mostly everything. They look the same but are different. This book is unique because it is a small picture book but there are stories within the story about Ling & Ting on their birthday! The story goes from birthday presents, shopping, cake decorating, wishes, gifts, and more. I liked this read because it shows students that you can be similar but no two people are the exact same, not even identical twins. We are all unique and that is good!
Katie Fitzgerald
This new book about identical twins Ling and Ting is a companion to 2010’s Geisel Award winning Ling and Ting Not Exactly the Same. The first book saw the girls having haircuts, cooking dumplings, and practicing with chopsticks, but this second one focuses on all the usual activities associated with having a birthday. On their shared birthday, Ling and Ting open presents, buy gifts for one another, bake cakes, make wishes, and read a story about a set of twins similar to themselves who have a ...more
Kellee
Full review at: http://www.unleashingreaders.com/?p=2489

Review and Teacher’s Tools For Navigation: I am not an expert on early chapter books, but I am trying to read more than I did in the past. What I have noticed is that most early readers have short compelling stories or chapters with interesting characters and often teach a lesson or would make the reader thing. Ling & Ting is no different and is an excellent addition to the early readers I’ve read. Ling & Ting are twins, but are ver
Alexandra Escamilla
Oct 22, 2014 Alexandra Escamilla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: project-1

Ling & Ting Share a Birthday is about two twin girls that share almost everything. They share shoes, they share clothes, they share toys and even a birthday. But even though they share everything, they are not exactly the same. This cute book goes through the birthday of the two sisters and all that they do and do not share.

I thought this was a really cute book. The illustrations were so good and not stereotypical at all. I think little girls in a classroom would love this book. Overall, I
Barbara
Early readers will enjoy following these twin sisters who are alike and yet different. The book contains six short stories, all of which concern their birthday. They share different colored birthday shoes, shop for presents, bake birthday cakes, make wishes as they blow out candles, open the presents each bought for the other, and read a birthday story similar to their own but different enough to make them glad with their own identities. While brief, each story contains an interesting message ...more
Becky B
Ling & Ting are twins. As they prepare for and celebrate their birthday they have a number of little adventures.

In the style of Little Bear or Frog & Toad, Ling & Ting is an easy reader for lower grades that has multiple chapters with short little stories. Ling & Ting are good role models for beginning readers, they share, work out problems together, and help comfort each other. A nice simple chapter book for beginning readers, and I really appreciate the Asian flavor. It is hard
The Styling Librarian
Ling & Ting Share a Birthday by Grace Lin – Grace Lin did it again. She created a fantastic picture book that I know many of my stduents will borrow because they can read it, identify with the characters, and adore the short stories- 6 of them in this book. Precious early reader/early chapter book. I can only hope for more!
Laura Salas
Oct 10, 2013 Laura Salas rated it really liked it
This is such a fun and funny beginning reader. Being twins give the setup lots of opportunities for repetition, which works so well for beginning readers. But there's plenty of humor and real life in here. My favorite part is when Ting and Ling both buy each other the birthday gift they'd rather have for themselves. Then they "share." Ha! Five awesome stories. Highly recommended.
Samantha
Sep 24, 2013 Samantha rated it really liked it
Ling and Ting are twins and celebrating their birthday. The short chapters in this easy reader title are all about making their cake, shopping for and unwrapping birthday presents and making birthday wishes.

Gouache illustrations. I highly recommend this series of beginning readers to grades 1-3 as transitional reading moving towards juvenile fiction.
Brandi
Jan 20, 2014 Brandi rated it liked it
Ling and Ting are twins, but that doesn't mean they are the same. They like and are good at different things, so when their birthday comes around, they share not just their birthday but also their gifts, both internal and material. A young reader, early chapter book.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Sep 14, 2013 Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
I have a Ling & Ting book on my library shelves, but today is the first day I actually sat down and read one. I like Ling & Ting. Gentle. Kind. Surprising.

Now I can heartily recommend Ling & Ting to children at my school.
Christine
Nov 04, 2013 Christine rated it liked it
Even thought Ling and Ting are alike, they are also very different. Young readers will enjoy hearing how these two sisters prepare for their birthday celebrations in the same, and yet different, ways!
Suzanne
Feb 15, 2015 Suzanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Like the first Ling and Ting book, this book is charming, funny, and realistic. I particularly appreciated how the twins went out of their way to be kind to one another, if sometimes in an authentically quirky way.
Becky
I wanted to love this. I love Grace Lin's books for older elementary, but I could not get into this sappy sweet reader. The language seemed too stilted, even for a beginning reader
Christy
Mar 03, 2014 Christy rated it it was amazing
Maren
Jan 24, 2014 Maren rated it really liked it
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Lin is going to be making this into a series and has more stories of Ling and Ting.
Martha
Oct 01, 2013 Martha rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Alice, Librariansteph, Marti, Elissa, Nadine
Shelves: k-3-chapter-book
The second title in the Ling & Ting series boasts gorgeous simple guache illustrations perfectly matching this easy to read beautifully worded chapter book.
Joanne Roberts
Apr 29, 2016 Joanne Roberts rated it really liked it
Perfect for 6-9 year olds to read by themselves. Multi-story collection. Stories are linked through words and picture clues. Clever and fresh.
Franki Sibberson
I love this series --Grace Lin's writing and illustrations are perfect for these early chapter books. The characters are wonderful and the books make me laugh-lots of great humor!
Marissa García
Nov 10, 2013 Marissa García rated it really liked it
I really enjoy the Ling and Ting books. They are humorous and put the plot in the hands of the children, not adults.
Michele Knott
I love this series - perfect for that student who is just getting ready to get into chapter books. The stories are fun and will appeal to young readers.
Aileen Stewart
Jan 12, 2015 Aileen Stewart rated it it was amazing
I love. love, love this story. Not only are the twins adorable, but the message of sharing is fun and not pushy.
Bethe
May 26, 2014 Bethe rated it liked it
cute little easy reader - have some first graders who are fans of Frog and Toad - need to introduce them to Ling and Ting.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Jan 28, 2014 Nancy Jo Lambert rated it it was ok
I loved the first Ling and Ting, but this one was not as good. It is still a good book, and my fans of the first will be excited there is a second, but overall it was a little disappointing.
Barb Keister
Barb Keister rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2015
Mrs. B.
Mrs. B. rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Edward Sullivan
Sep 02, 2013 Edward Sullivan rated it really liked it
As charming as the first book featuring these adorable twins.
Dylan
Dylan rated it really liked it
May 25, 2014
Jennifer rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Penny and Her Marble
  • Bink and Gollie: Best Friends Forever (Bink & Gollie, #3)
  • I'm a Frog! (Elephant and Piggie, #20)
  • Joe and Sparky Go to School
  • Take Me Out to the Yakyu: with audio recording
  • Mouse and Mole, Fine Feathered Friends
  • Toilet: How It Works
  • A Pig, a Fox, and a Box
  • Zelda and Ivy: The Runaways (Zelda and Ivy #4)
  • Tales for Very Picky Eaters
  • Like Bug Juice on a Burger (Eleanor, #2)
  • Big Snow
  • Pigsticks and Harold and the Incredible Journey
  • Frog Song

Ling & Ting (4 books)
  • Ling & Ting: Not Exactly the Same! (Ling & Ting, #1)
  • Ling & Ting: Twice as Silly (Ling & Ting, #3)
  • Ling & Ting: Together in All Weather (Ling & Ting, #4)