The Unexpected Choice

The Unexpected Choice

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Joey McCrary needs a wife and someone to help him raise his daughter after he made some poor choices in college. Stacey has always been his friend, and even though she’s a sweet girl, nothing can compare to the feelings he has for his ex.

Joey realizes that he and Stacey can benefit one another. Joey can provide Stacey with all she’s ever wanted: a family. But can Stacey te...more
Published December 3rd 2012 by Astraea Press

To ask other readers questions about The Unexpected Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unexpected Choice

Suzanne
Every once in awhile you are lucky enough to read a book that sticks with you long after you've read it. This is one of those books for me. Joey and Stacey have known each other their entire lives and been friends for years. Joey is back from college and Stacey's grandfather passes away soon after. Due to some mistakes Joey made in college he needs to get married in order to gain custody of his daughter who is to be born soon. His daughter's mother is in jail due to some bad choices she made her...more
Marran
This is such a load of.... total waste of time..at page 61 my eyes have been rolling around so much I was afraid they where gonna get stuck at the back of my head..description

flat and boring characters..the blurb sounds good but thats it...did I say BOOOORING! description

NO chemistry at all and not even a good storyline or likeable characters to still make it manageable

seriously don't read this

I looked at the author page and I wish I had read it before I got my hands on this book..for this line alone Stephanie Taylo...more
It took me a few days to process this one. I enjoyed reading it, but there were certain things that really upset me while reading it. Mainly, Stacey didn't stand up for herself until almost the end of the book, which made me very upset. She did a very unselfish thing by helping Joey out with his circumstances. Stacey reminded me of myself and I didn't like that.

Joey supported her during her grandfather's illness and death, then agreed to marry Stacey so he could get his unborn child from the mo...more
Emily
Caring for her dying Grandfather, Stacey Ingram is preparing for the inevitable, being alone. When her childhood friend and neighbor Joey McCrary shows up on her doorstep, she doesn’t have the strength to deal with him not realizing Joey is on his own mission not just to give her a shoulder to lean on.

Joey has managed to make every possible mistake he could in college. Now about to be a father, it is time for him to take responsibility and the first thing he needs is a wife. He knows in his hear...more
Angela Mitchell
Joey and Stacey have always been friends, but when Joey comes home from college he needs Stacey's help.

Stacey has problems of her own and just wants to be left alone even though she finds herself falling for him.

Trouble is Joey is still in love with his ex-girlfriend.

I really enjoyed this book by Stephanie Taylor. A well written page turner. I couldn't put it down until I got to the end.
Lacey Wolfe
Every now and then you need a sweet and heartwarming story...and this is it! I was invested in both the characters from beginning to end. I couldn't wait for the end to see how things were going to end up for Joey and Stacy.

The hero of this story, Joey, has a lot of growth. A few times during the book I wanted to give him a good talking to and ask him if he knew what he was doing. But in the end, he saw the light. And I was so happy.

When you finish this story, you'll walk away with your mind fu...more
Charissa
Cool romance that I really liked. Flawed characters that I grew to love. At first the boy bugged me. He was so selfish and worldly. The girl was so naive and hopelessly in love with him; she had bad self-esteem, and thinks he’s her only chance to get married and have a family. But his marriage offer is for only a marriage of convenience so she can raise his lover’s child. Anyway, I was sucked into this one like a whirlpool. Great character growth and development, and wonderful theme about how lo...more
Georgiann Hennelly
Stacy dropped out of high school to care for her dying Grandfather. When Joey her childhood friend and neighbor shows up she doesn't have the strength to deal with him. She doesn't realize Joey is on his own mission other than giving her a shoulder to lean on. He needs a wife for his daughter. His only problem is Stacy wants to marry for love and Joey can't give her that. But Stacy decides to follow her heart and Joey has to ask himself what does he really want? A great romantic read
Rhonda
When I read the blurb about this book I didn't sense it was an inspirational. I don't normally read them, but I am so glad I read this one. It was beautiful and didn't shove religion down your throat, but showed how this couple used their relationship with God to build up their love for each other. They have been through alot and the hero keeps dropping crap on the heroine, but in the end he FINALLY gets it.
Nicky
I liked it. Surprisingly steamy for a book with a Christian message. It got a tad preachy, but not too much. I'm not sure I completely buy all the messages the book was trying to sell, but overall, the love story was interesting and compelling. And at some points, the angst and drama was so juicy and irresistible. I think I'd like reading another book by this author.
InD'Tale Magazine
“The Unexpected Choice” is a contemporary story about a young couple trying to make it against the odds as they work together to do the right thing against the backdrop of today’s morals.

Full review in February 2013 issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Angi
It was sweet. A little stilted at the beginning, but the farther in you read, the more the characters came alive. I liked the premise, I liked the story & I liked e characters. It was sweet, cute & still had some harsh realities in it. Not terrible, not wonderful- it was a good, quick read.
Donna (More Than a Review)
I really enjoyed this book. I laughed, I cried and I sighed.
My review - http://www.morethanareview.com/review...
Crystal
I really loved this book and it has a great message in it. It gave me a warm and happy feeling.
Ninja
Good moral or thought, but I felt it could've had a better storyline.
Kerry Caldwell
Kerry Caldwell marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Robin Hillyer-Miles
Robin Hillyer-Miles marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Mydearloverboy
Mydearloverboy marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Nadiah
Nadiah marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

(1) Romance author

Stephanie Taylor is a mommy of three by day but moonlights as a writer/editor and business owner by night. She lives in Huntsville, Alabama with her husband. Stephanie has published two previous novels, Doubting Thomas and Tinseltown.
More about Stephanie Taylor...
Tinseltown Doubting Thomas My One True Love Jesse's Girl Silver Lined