Start by marking “Burning Up (Bound Together, #2)” as Want to Read:
Burning Up (Bound Together, #2)

Burning Up (Bound Together #2)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  1,338 ratings  ·  187 reviews
Scorching heat...

Erotic pleasure...

Intense passion...

Layla Jennings thought she had it all figured out. The right time, the right place and the right guy.
After leaving behind her life and friends in Long Beach, Layla must now walk the path she has chosen, hand in hand with the man who holds her heart.

As the flame of love continues to burn brightly, she discovers more abou
Published November 1st 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published October 31st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Burning Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burning Up

Never Too Far by Abbi GlinesWethering the Storm by Samantha TowleThe Game Changer by J. SterlingEyes Wide Open by Raine MillerConsumed by Emily Snow
Highly Anticipated Indie Books of 2013
200th out of 1,442 books — 6,903 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Redemption of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenReckless by S.C. StephensEntwined with You by Sylvia DayNever Too Far by Abbi Glines
Highly Anticipated NA Books of 2013
68th out of 364 books — 1,226 voters

More lists with this book...

Marie Coulson
Jun 04, 2014 Marie Coulson rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
The new title for the second book in the Bound Together series will be Burning Up. The title was changed after careful consideration and deliberation. The new name better reflects the theme and story and I hope you all like it.

1. I have no set date of release just yet but as soon as I do, you will all know.

2. I'm amazed how people are able to rate a book that I have not yet finished writing. It's already lost stars and isn't released yet. Mind Boggling. Some I know, clicked by mistake.

3. Than
Christy
4 Conflicted Stars!!!

photo 7e89ce52-b913-4282-97f6-e117c2e5653d_zpsc9b0bb8a.jpg

I’m not sure how I feel about this one. It frustrated me to no end. Let me rephrase that. LAYLA frustrated me to no end. Jared and Ollie are both amazing guys. Love them both almost equally. I was leaning a little towards Team Ollie when I started this one, now I am leaning towards Team Jared. It feels almost impossible to pick a side. I know who’s team I’m not on. Layla’s.

Let me tell you a little more about the guys...

photo f9f6f8bf-9095-4118-9cda-3c4f13f28f6f_zpse1491d89.jpg

Oh my Jared. Rich, young, and desirable. A business m
Arti
Michelle
Okay so I am going to have to leave this with a 3.5 rating. I want to get it less and more all at the same time... but I am trying to stay level headed.

There is one saving grace for me in this entire series, Jared. It wasn't that I never liked Ollie, but I just never saw him as an innocent in all this. He played dirty and I can' see him being a true friend by the actions he took in the first book. Jared had secrets, but it takes time to learn someone's past, especially the parts that predate yo
Dorka
Omg..What can I say? I was waiting for this book to come out for a good wgile now, but I ended up a little disappointed. It was long, and most of the time I could kill Layla. She was annoying, -nothing-is-good-enough/I dont know what i want -kind of girl. I didnt like her character, It was hard to feel into her situation. She has 2 perfect guys, but only thinks of herself .It was just sooooo frustrating - and not in the good kinda way. Im not sure I ll read the 3rd book, but if I do, its just so ...more
Lulu32
It defo gets 5 stars from me all the twist turns and roundabouts Kept me hooked. I like Ollie I think he is a good guy but I'm team Jared all the way really want him back, can't wait for the next book.
Kara
3.5.

I am soooo Team Ollie. Sigh.
This book was good. I found myself loving & hating it. Glad I read it.
Karen Stone
Let me stay off by saying I LOVED Bound Together...I was borderline obsessed with the Jared, Layla, Ollie love triangle. I have been waiting and waiting for this book to be done to get my fix of these amazing characters..it pains me to say but I was so disappointed with this book. Layla drove me crazy. She annoyed me so bad I didn't think I could finish the book. To say she was a hypocrite would be putting it nicely. She acted like such a child, tantrums and all. In my opinion she never really m ...more
Lory
Cleida R
Aug 06, 2013 Cleida R marked it as to-read
Team Jared
Angie McLain-Fan Girl Book Blog
I had read Bound Together quite a while ago, long before I began regularly writing reviews. But from page 1, Burning Up, had me transported right back to the frustration, anger, and turmoil that was Bound Together.

First of all, this needs to be said, I am Team Ollie! Always have been and always will be!

Layla is young, and so spontaneous. She is still impetuous, leaping without thinking and being led around by her passions. Not to be confused with her heart. This female character is one of the m
Liz
Bound Together left me an utter wreck. I will make no apologies for not liking Jared Garret. I was totally in love with Ollie Green from the first moment he made and appearance. So after patiently waiting for Burning Up, I was absolutely terrified to read it in fears that I would be on the wrong end of this gut wrenching love triangle. These characters seriously did a number on me. Jared, Layla, and Ollie pulled at all of my emotions that I really didn’t know which way was up.

So…I’m trying to fi
Tabitha Schmer
4 to 4.5 stars. This book has one hell of a love triangle. I wanted to scream yell and strangle Layla multiple times throughout the whole book. I truly recommend this book just be warned it is not an easy love story it is messy and painful. The only thing that kept this from being a five star book for me was the ending. How can Ollie go on tour with the other girl and leave Layla there?!?!?!? OMG Whats gonna happen next!
Nataniar Sealy
I give this book 3.5 stars... Let's start with I'm team Jared 110%.. Ollie is nice but I'm sorry something about Jared I just can't stop loving him. I loved book 1, in fact I couldn't put it down. I couldn't wait for the 2nd installment but as I started reading it Layla just kept making me so mad beyond a sane level. I stopped reading this book for days, I even read 2 books in between and I never do that, once I start a book I finish it before starting another. Layla is so childish i wanted to s ...more
Daniela
This is book 2 in the Bound Together series and is the continuation of Layla, Jared and Ollie's story. I have very mixed emotions about this book. I found myself very frustrated because of Layla's selfishness and immaturity.

Layla is a tantrum-throwing, spoiled little girl. She was just down right annoying and acted like we should all feel sorry for her instead of the two guys she was hurting. I definitely didn't feel sympathy for her!

photo why-do-you-have-to-be-annoying1_zpsb0eee344.gif

For me, Jared was the saving grace of this book. He's the on
Christine
OMG I FRICKEN LOVED THIS BOOK!!

Gimme me a few hours to get my head sorted coz that was awesome!!! Can't wait for book two!! review to come...!!
Samantha
ugh vomit. Layla you whiny bitch, seriously get over yourself.
Kim Person
Nov 02, 2013 Kim Person marked it as to-read
One word~ OLLIE!!!!!
Shannie⭐️this Whore Loves BIG C##KS⭐️
Team Jared!!
Mary Ward
Jo *Reality Bites! Let's Get Lost!*
Bound Together ended with Layla deciding if she wanted to be with sexy, tattooed, lip ringed, motorbike riding, rock god, Ollie. Or with sexy, hot, dominant, millionaire, Jared.
She chose Jared and absolutely broke Ollie's heart via a text message.

Ollie is a mess, he has tried to move on but he is so desperately missing her and so in love with her still. He has the wonderful support of their mutual friends Mel, Amy, Nic & Eric.

Layla is now in New York living with Jared, she wishes for nothing
Amanda
Okay so just so you know I am writing my review as I read the book that way I as something happens in the book that I want to talk about I won’t forget what I want to say….good idea huh?
Burning Up….hmmm…where to start….

Firstly I have NEVER been so mad at a character without the character even talking in a book until now. Just Layla mentioning Ollie’s name and I wanted to throw my laptop….Marie what are you doing to my emotions?!?!? Don’t get me wrong it’s not that I don’t like Ollie per say, I j
Colleen~A Moth drawn to Your Flame~
Brittany
Oh my god. Wow! Five flaming stars for the second book in the Bound Together Series. Marie just blew me away with this one. I anxiously awaited this book for months and it did not disappoint.
After choosing Jared over Ollie in the first book, Layla Jennings starts a new life with her one true love, or so she thinks. Jared may be sex on a stick and a walking money bag, but does he really have all Layla needs?
"You're my angel, and I can't find heaven without you." Swoon. Jared definitely has a way
Tiffany❤️Loves❤️a❤️good❤️Book❤️Boyfriend!!!
This book really got on my nerves.. I loved book one and the Ollie book the 1.5 it was short but it was good.. this one however pissed me off a bit. I mean don’t get me wrong it was hot reading about Jarred and Layla’s sexcapades and all and I do love a good love triangle but come on enough is enough. The story picked up where book one left us. Layla has flew to NY to be with the one she choose. She picked Jarred over Ollie so she is going to be with him. One in NY she quickly finds that that th ...more
Stacy~ Biblio Belles
OMG this TRIANGLE pulled my heart out!! And then put it back together! Layla made me crazy, but GAWD this story is so full of angst and passion!! I loved all of it!!!!

“I’ve missed you so much. When you left that day, I thought I’d never hold you in my arms, feel your body against mine, kiss these lips, or hear the sound of your voice ever again. I’ve been living in hell without you. You’re my angel, and I can’t find heaven without you.”

Talk about a triangle that will slowly pull your chest open
Kassi
12/11/14: Ok. I cheated and read the spoilers and thank gosh I read it. So nope..not going to read the last 2 books since my guy didn't get the girl. I will not buy the love story between Layla and you know who. It just makes no sense to me when she's so passionate and has shit ton of chemistry with the other!!!

11/04/13: I decided to postpone this book until the final book comes out. I came across a spoiler and I am not too happy with who she ended up with in this book. I know I'll get back to
Sassy Sext Addiction Book Lovers
My review by Dawn

Burning Up was an excellent continuation of Bound Together. I have to admit when I finished Bound Together I was pissed. Layla was going to Jared! How could she leave poor Ollie. He was her true love! With that being said Jared is so....alpha male and hot that it isn't like she was missing old Ollie too much. I hated that Jared was so controlling of her and in my opinion that is what cost him in the end. Layla doesn't need to be watched every minute of every day and told what to
Lucy
im sorry but wow layla is the ultimate selfish bitch! she does not deserve either of them and i think they're both stupid to run around after her after all she has done when there is clearly more loving honest women out there. Just doesnt make sense to me at all! not a fan :(
Eli
For some reason I wasn't impressed with the story... Writing was great but the plot was blah.. Jared and his secrets were annoying and the arguments with Layla were childish. I seriously wanted to punch both of them in the face..
Team Jared 6 72 Sep 16, 2013 05:23PM
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • Blinded (This, #6)
  • Ambrosia (Book Boyfriend, #2)
  • Given (Give & Take, #3)
  • Perfect Regret (Bad Rep, #2)
  • Wrong Kind of Love (Young Love, #4)
  • Honor & Betray (Honor, #4)
  • Accept Me (Wrecked, #3)
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • Consumed (Devoured, #2)
  • What the Heart Takes (Soulmate, #3)
  • Avoiding Temptation (Avoiding, #3)
  • That Baby (That Boy, #3)
  • Breaking the Wrong (Sloan Brothers, #2)
  • Do Not Go Gentle
  • Every Kiss (Every Life, #2)
  • Rock Me Slowly (Buried Alive Rockers, #1)
  • Hard to Hold On (Hard to Resist, #2)
I’m Marie Coulson, writer and creator of the Bound Together series.

Born and bred in England, I discovered my love for writing when I was a mere child. Beginning with poetry and short stories, I soon discovered my flare and passion for the written word.
After pursuing a career in childcare, education and the care of the elderly, I left my job in the summer of 2012. It was at this point I finally sat
More about Marie Coulson...

Bound Together (4 books)
  • Bound Together (Bound Together, #1)
  • Last Christmas (Bound Together, #1.5)
  • Coming Down (Bound Together, #3)
Bound Together (Bound Together, #1) Last Christmas (Bound Together, #1.5) Coming Down (Bound Together, #3) Diary of a Dieter (Confessions Series #1) Secrets Of A Sex Siren (Confessions Series #2)