Start by marking “Evil” as Want to Read:
Evil

Evil

3.71  ·  Rating Details ·  4,208 Ratings  ·  432 Reviews
You know that group of people in school that everyone fears? Popular. Beautiful. The in-crowd?

That was my family. Kind of.

We were above that group. We held court over everyone else. We were the best looking. We were the mysterious and elusive ones. Most of the girls wanted to (and did) date the guys, but they didn’t want to be one of us. They couldn’t be. They were our pr
Published May 13th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Evil, please sign up.

Loyda
WATCH BLOG VIDEO TRAILER OF THIS BOOK ON OUR TOP READS
MAY'S TOP READS TRAILER

5 ★★★★★ Suspenseful Stars

Genre: Paranormal/ Angels and Demons
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person – Female

description

"We were strong separately, but when we were together, we were impenetrable."

description

EVIL is a standalone paranormal story, a battle between Demons and Angels that takes place in high school in the city of Minnesota. It focus around the BRADEN foursome family who are perfect, gorgeous, mysterious and dysfunctional. The Brade
 ⚛ KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺Kindly provided by the author "Tijan"
in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Evil
AUTHOR: Tijan
GENRE: Evil is a full-length paranormal romance stand-alone.
RELEASE DATE: May 13th 2016

MY RATING
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ekkkkk Ok I have a confession to make I have NEVER read a PARANORMAL book before *gasps*

So we've established that this is a first for me delving into demons and angels and all things paranormal, but as soon as you jump into this weither you like it or not your dragged
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Let's go with a 3.3

For the most part this was enjoyable. Definitely confusing at the start but everything tied together pretty well by the end. My issues are with the sex vs violence. There are descriptive scenes of murder and even sex scenes with other characters, but when it came to the two main characters 'bonding' the whole thing was skipped over. It just makes no sense.

A strong start that petered out.
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
I want more. Or closer to the truth: I want more Kellan. N o w. Like right now. So Tijan, please write more for us. This book ended so .... open, which mean that this could be a series, sounds like a plan, Tijan? Glad you agree. So now go write me more Kellan!!!!! (I'm kinda crazy, you see...)
3.5/3 *I love Kellan* stars.
Ashleyjo
May 18, 2016 Ashleyjo rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Well, color me impressed and call me a smitten kitten.

First, I must say that the blurb doesn't do this book justice. It covers but a small snippet of what this story entails, but I do get why. To go into much detail past the initial premise gives away too much that the reader earns as the story unfolds.

The para story here unfolded beautifully, like watching a chess game. It's unique, suspenseful, interesting, dimensional, & developed and completed logically.

The author has an excellent tact
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Meh. It started off interesting with a girl in a demon family. The Braeden family of Kellan, Shay, and twins Vespar & Guiseppa. They're demons and evil-ish. Shay is different and doesn't use her powers, even if she's the more powerful sibling. Then strange things start happening and the twins make a lot of messes that grab the attention of others. Not a good thing as there exists oversight for all creatures and they've made too much noise.

The beginning was good, the girl with mysterious pow
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Apr 01, 2016 Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of davy Harwood
I received this book from a fellow reader who wanted to "share the love".

I hadn't read the blurb but as it was Tijan, I went blind armed with faith. To my utmost delight, I got what I call the "Other Tijan", not the Fallen Crest Tijan but the writer of Davy Harwood. Yes it's fantasy as the title should have let me know.

I don't want to give details about the blurb, just keep the surprise but know that I loved the battle of Good vs Evil, the idea even someone evil can love hard and sacrifice himse
Colleen Beadling-krebsbach
Jan 15, 2013 Colleen Beadling-krebsbach rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, even though its not completed yet ( I was reading a draft posted by the author). I have fallen in love with Tijan's writing style!!!
Mercedes
Oct 08, 2014 Mercedes rated it it was amazing
I'll post some thoughts on the completed version...eventually! I definitely enjoyed it though :)

Old Review
I was definitely hooked from the beginning with this one. Although I did make the mistake of starting the book without reading anything else about it and it wasn't until I was about 3/4 of the way through the chapters that I realized there was no way the story was going to be finished in those 18 chapters. That's when I realized the story had been abandoned and wasn't finished.

That being sa

Tracy *To the point Reviews*
bah!

I love Tijan books. They have lots of angst and conflict and action and nutty shit going on. I didn't think this was supernatural because when I saw it was by Tijan I just hunkered down and prepped myself for a ride. I certainly didnt expect this. More so than that, all through the book I expected it to get heavier... better, with a bit more conflict, but there wasn't.

It ended up being a lot of crazy shit about half breed demons and nephilim. But this book, for all its supernatural creature
Louise Roach
May 08, 2016 Louise Roach rated it it was amazing
Well, I simply don’t know where to start!! I’m going to be honest, apart from a little dabble with a certain Vampire series, EVIL is MY FIRST paranormal read! And OH MY GOODNESS – what a wonderful, fantastic, consuming and addictive ride Tijan managed to take me on! She has introduced me to a genre that I had no experience of. I went in totally blind with no expectations (apart from a niggling feeling and concern of “what if I don’t like it?”, and came out totally in love with the characters, co ...more
Jen
Apr 27, 2016 Jen rated it it was amazing

As a good friend of mine would say, "I've been TIJANED" by EVIL. This is only the second book by Tijan that I've read, but I really need to change that. She knows how to write captivating stories that I love. I didn't go back to read the blurb, so I had no clue what to expect. No worries though, Tijan didn't let me down. Once again I was engrossed into this story, reading page after page wanting to get to the end to find out what happens.

"The Braden siblings were famous in our little community o
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
May 18, 2016 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it really liked it
Evil by Tijan
4 stars!!!

“We’ve been hiding all our lives. I’m done hiding...it’s time to fight”

I have loved Tijan’s books so it always piques my interest when an author steps out of their tried and tested genre and pokes their toes into something else. With Evil though, Tijan cleverly integrates the two, we have her trademark school kids interwoven with paranormal and it made for an intriguing read that I didn’t want to put down. I am not a paranormal aficionado by any means, but I have read
Nasreen
Mar 05, 2016 Nasreen rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, disgusting
♥Booklish Reviews♥
Warning: A rant follows!

Before we get started, I feel the need to make something clear to fellow readers who may come across this review: I've never had the highest opinion of Tijan's work. Never.
Some years ago a friend coerced me into reading Fallen Crest and later Carter Reed. Both, of which, were DNF's on my part.
Said friend loves everything this author puts out. I don't.

The good, bad, and ugly...RANT

Tijan's writing leaves much to be desired. I can't stress it enough. Every book I have
Elizabeth
May 20, 2016 Elizabeth marked it as to-read

Evil is featured in our May Top Picks for May 2016!

description

Can't wait to read it!!!

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:

Varied Books
May 13, 2016 Varied Books rated it really liked it
Story drew me & held my attention. Awesome H/h. Read thru KU & bought for .99.

Negative- YA sex scene. I felt the connection between H/h but I wanted more steam.
Lucy at Rain and Cupcakes Book Blog
Read the first 20 unedited chapters, and really liked it! Hopefully the author would continue writing this story and publish it!
Snow

3.5 "messy, messy" stars

REVIEW...COMING...

I WENT IN, saw and now, i just want to...i dunno...find a sense of it all *sigh*

Ah, fuck it...
Debra Anastasia
May 22, 2016 Debra Anastasia rated it it was amazing
This book by Tijan will capture you instantly. Her paranormal imagination is a gift to readers. I could not put this down. Sexy, exciting and surprising.
Micah
May 06, 2016 Micah rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of reading this book on the journey back on a long car trip. It was a perfect companion for the drive! This book is listed as a paranormal new adult book, but I would list is as a paranormal young adult book with some strong sexual situations. While there were a few sex scenes, they weren't shared by the main characters, which is why I think I would designate the difference. Once you delve into the story, you will understand.

We have a "family" with loose bonds that we meet fr
Megpie
I love Tijan's work but this just didn't do it for me.

1. I didn't realize this was a paranormal until I started reading it. This wasn't a bad thing because I love paranormal romance, but I was surprised.

2. The hero Kellan and heroine Shay are brother and sister. Yeah Shay learns they aren't really siblings later on but how do you go from believing he's your blood brother to lusting and loving him.... -gags-. This was not realistic and very icky. Plus Kellan knew he wasn't Shay's brother the en
Aira  Cabrera
Jul 08, 2016 Aira Cabrera rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!

This book really held me captive. I think it’s been awhile since I’ve read a paranormal book. It’s all just been the same, and nothing has captured my attention recently. When I saw that Tijan was the author of this book, I just had to buy it and read it.

I didn’t know what to expect. The synopsis was vague, and I guess that’s what compelled me to give this a shot. This was a highly entertaining read. Something was always happening and I really enjoyed it.

It’s time to get critical. I di
Cyndi Garcia
May 15, 2016 Cyndi Garcia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is written by Tijan author who also wrote the series Fallen Crest. First of all I love the ways she writes and has great story flow. Tijan is also great at creating great stories that involve girls that can hang with the boys and put them in they’re place.

This book is a Demon related book. 65% of the book you are pretty much clueless. Your like what? I dont understand???. Tijan really had you guessing through this book. The reason I did not give it the 5 stars is because the 2 love int
Amy
May 08, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
“You don’t have to be scared of what’s coming in the future. You’re my family.” The way he said ‘my family’ sparked something powerful in me. It was as if he laid claim to me or would die protecting me. I wasn’t sure what he meant, but I wasn’t brave enough to ask. A part of me was scared of his answer to that question, so I remained silent with my hands curled in the blanket.

Evil was a fantastic read. I’ve been a fan of Tijan’s books for quiet some time and haven’t had the pleasure of reading a
Becca
May 13, 2016 Becca rated it it was amazing
This book was pretty amazing. I've read the first chapters so I knew what I was looking for. And I got it. Seriously, it was even better than I expected.
I couldn't concentrate. I just wanted to read this story. Dark, deep, sensual, surprising. I don't need anything else.

description

It was my first book from Tijan. Yes, she had to write a paranormal story for me. She did a pretty cool work. This story was so refreshing.

Shay is a little bit unsure, she looks like a little a quiet little mouse, but believe me,
Mg Herrera
May 25, 2016 Mg Herrera rated it really liked it

3.5 "KELLAN" STARS.

This was my first Tijan's book. It was good, but not that oh so good for me.
I blame myself. I think that my expectations were so high that it did not allow me to enjoy the book at all.
Mysterious? Yes.
Intriguing? Yes.
Romance? A tiny little bit.
Did I love the characters? Kellan? Oh yeah. He was the only character, right? Sorry, but he was the only thing I could think whilst reading it. KELLAN, KELLAN, KELLAN!!!

Anyway, I feel that Kellan deserved more of what he got. *Yes, I
Julia Valentine
May 18, 2016 Julia Valentine rated it really liked it
My first Tijan book and first paranormal type book and i thoroughly enjoyed this!!

The Braden siblings are beautiful..popular and above all mysterious that's because they have secrets about who they really are. Shay has always felt different from her brothers and sister but she has a very special bond with her older brother Kellan. Strange things start happening to Shay that force her to realize that she is very different and things are changing some good and some really bad. She finds out that
Tia
May 13, 2016 Tia rated it really liked it
Super. AWESOME. Amazing!!

Okay this was a stand alone novel, that could potentially be a series but there is no cliff hanger endings that I have grown to hate.

The writing was VERY good and I almost gae it 5 stars but there are a few things in it that felt unfinished to I couldn't rejoice the way that I normally would do.

However after reading this novel, I will MOST DEFINITELY be reading more by this author. Tijan is AMAZEBALLS!

If you like reading about demons, angels and all that's in between th
Me_LissaH
I liked the story it had a lot of potential but it didn't really do it for me. I enjoyed the beginning but as i read on i lost interest in the story and it just didn't excite to where i'm like i so wanna read this book again. I also felt like the pace was kinda slow and i just got bored. Overall it was an okay read could have been a lot better.
Fallen Into Tijan...: This topic has been closed to new comments. June Group Read: Evil by Tijan 12 26 Jul 04, 2016 07:26PM
  • Watercolour Smile (Seraph Black, #2)
  • Brokenly Found (Faith, #2)
  • Inferno (Phoenix Rising Rock Band, #1)
  • Stygian (Scars of the Wraiths, #1)
  • Reaping Angels
  • Gargoyle (Woodland Creek)
  • Warden (Elemental Paladins, #1)
  • Black Diamond (Stark Springs Academy #1)
  • Phoenix (The Stardust Series, #1)
  • The Book of Shade
  • Into Temptation (The Sinful Duet Book 1)
  • The Dark Ones (The Dark Ones Saga, #1)
  • Just Her Luck
  • The Land of the Beautiful Dead
  • Thin Lines (Donati Bloodlines, #2)
  • Super Dark 2 (Super Dark, #2)
  • Hunt (The Grizzly Brothers Chronicles #1)
  • Strictly off Limits (Jade's Diaries, Strictly, #0.5)

“He was lying, but I realized he wasn’t lying to me. He was lying to himself. “You love so hard and hate so cold.” “Shay.” 5 likes
“You love so hard and hate so cold.” “Shay.” 3 likes