Start by marking “Mirrors (Eyes Wide Open, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mirrors (Eyes Wide Open, #2)

Mirrors (Eyes Wide Open #2)

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  1,690 Ratings  ·  87 Reviews
Eyes Wide Open continues with MIRRORS, the second of four episodic ebooks.

Who am I?

My name is Christy Snow. I'm seventeen and I'm about to die.

I'm buried in a coffin under tons of concrete. No one knows where I am. My heart sounds like a monster with clobber feet, running straight toward me. I'm lying on my back, soaked with sweat from the hair on my head to the soles of
Published December 26th 2012 by Outlaw Studios

To ask other readers questions about Mirrors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mirrors

Angela Bycroft
Jan 01, 2013 Angela Bycroft rated it it was amazing
Thankfully we didn't have to wait long for the second installment of Ted Dekker's Eyes Wide Open book as we carry straight on with the action from Identity. With both Christy and her friend Austin both starting to question their very sanity and no seeming way out of this nightmare they have discovered themselves in, the action revs up a notch further if that's even possibe.

Christy's repressed memories play an important role and Austin's desperate attempts to reach her on the ominous 'second floo
Denisse
Sep 30, 2013 Denisse rated it really liked it
As good as the first one.
Dekker's thrillers are so well written.

Simplemente increíble, como cualquier cosa de este autor.
En esta segunda parte ya no sabes si las cosas se están resolviendo o se están enredando mas.
Dekker sigue mezclando las dudas internas que cualquier persona llegar a tener con problemas psicológicos.
Algo raro, hasta ahora no hay referencias a nada religioso, lo cual es raro ya que siempre saca estos temas. En fin, buena continuación y buen final, veamos como esta el tercero ;
Steven
Jan 11, 2013 Steven rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
The second book was as good as the first, and will leave you ready for the next "episode."

Dragging you deeper into a world in which you're never quite sure where delusion ends and reality begins, Christy and Austin fight to discover that line of fantasy and sanity.
Rustys
Dec 31, 2012 Rustys rated it really liked it
Not quite sure what to think... Is it possible that Christy and Austin are patients who suffer from delusions of grandeur?

Mental illness or an extreme cover up to protect what? Can the facility be a front for something sinister?

Dreams... real or fake?

I'll need book 3 to probe further!
LadyS
Aug 01, 2016 LadyS rated it it was amazing
excellent story telling from Dekker ..i need the next book
Lou
Reseña en español

I need to read unseen... now!!
Jeremy Payne
Dec 31, 2012 Jeremy Payne rated it it was amazing
Splendid page turner with one twist after another. Dekker does it again. This second book reels you in for the third.
Sarita
Jul 22, 2015 Sarita rated it really liked it
I could not put this book down! So many questions, are they really insane, is it a conspiracy...

Looking forward to the next one!
Erin Al-Mehairi
Jan 06, 2013 Erin Al-Mehairi rated it really liked it
I wrote a review for entire novel on my blog and am posting at each book section. Mirrors was my least favorite installment because I was so confused, but you have to read them all and it all evens out. www.hookofabook.wordpress.com

Review

Identity (Book 1), Mirrors (Book 2), Unseen (Book 3) and Seer (Book 4) are all part of a four episode thrill ride from New York Times bestselling author Ted Dekker. Combined, these sections puzzle together an almost 300-page book called Eyes Wide Open. First lau
Jane
Jan 23, 2017 Jane rated it it was amazing
Holy Moly!!!

This and part one both, gives me the shivers! Great story, but parts are really hitting home as well. Bought this in serialized form years ago and wasn't in a place to read it. Glad, and thanks be to God, I am now because it's great!
Quinesia Johnson
Sep 13, 2016 Quinesia Johnson rated it it was amazing
Yea! Finally good Christian fiction!

Okay, so I suppose I was right Dekker was just warming up in Book 1! This book had a good amount of action, and was laden with psychological intrigue, which brought mystery to it as well. The plotline flowed beautifully. Dekker does entertaining work for a novella. Clean story, as is that it's Christian genre. And this particular installment has a good and shocking ending. I usually don't read Christian fiction, because I feel it lacks quality, but this a grea
April
May 11, 2013 April rated it liked it
3.5

There's a little more character development in this "episode," but not a lot. It was pretty exciting, as are all Dekker's fiction books, but I am still having a hard time accepting a lot of what Dekker says goes on in a psych ward. He's making it out to be a terrible place where they kill patients, do lobotomies, etc., and I'm sorry, but that's not realistic.

I really like Christy and Austin, and I can resonate with both of them, but somehow they seem to be... caricatures of actual people. For
Richard
Oct 09, 2013 Richard rated it it was amazing
Book two of a four e-book saga. Ted Dekker slowly tips his hand.

With the first book, Identity, I relished the return of mind-bending Dekker storytelling. With Mirrors, I think I'm getting a slight grasp of where he's taking us but the joy of reading Dekker is that you will double back on whatever assumptions you make many times over.

I like the pacing of this story so far. I like how this book in unveiling more of the past for Christy ... I mean Alice...perhaps Christy. These chapters fly by too
Theresa
Feb 24, 2013 Theresa rated it it was amazing
I'm still not sure how I feel about the marketing ploy for this eBook series, but since "Mirrors" was on sale for 99 cents, I HAD to pick it up to see what happened after Book 1! It certainly didn't disappoint and with its length, I finished it in one sitting.

Dekker has a way with keeping on guessing, and in "Mirrors" I just can't figure out how things are going to turn out for Christy and Austin, but right now I'm really terrified...

Now, just to decide if I want to purchase the next eBook (Unse
Phil Perry
Mar 25, 2014 Phil Perry rated it really liked it
Okay, so, I am really liking this series of stories by Ted Dekker. I have finished the second book of the Eyes Wide Open series, Mirrors. A ) I am still lost...LOL. But, I am starting to get an inkling of an idea what may be happening. Watch me be wrong!

The story has very dark drama and well written. The main characters are very real and you can sense their emotions and can actually relate with them. I am beginning book three and look forward to finding myself, soon. LOL. The greatest aspect I l
April
Feb 22, 2013 April rated it really liked it
Freaked out. OK..one of the things we talk about for fun, my husband and I, is 'if you somehow got stuck in an insane asylum...no matter what you do to get out...they wouldn't believe you and you'd be stuck there!' Well...Dekker wrote a book about it! I love reading his books, because I know...this surface he's created...will shatter and then the real stuff gets ya! That's where I am...I'm stuck with Christy and Austin...or is it Alice and Scott??? But, where are we stuck, really??? That's the q ...more
Kolleen
Oct 28, 2013 Kolleen rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, suspense
This book was a bit different than the first, since we are really getting into the whole psych ward thing now. I feel that not all psych wards are as terrifying as all of these books and movies make them seem, but I don't want to end up in one to find out.

After Austin, aka Scott, kills Fisher and he comes back to life unscathed, and Christy, aka Alice, starts seeing herself as completely different than she is, I am beginning to wonder if these two really are crazy. I am getting the feeling that
Melanie
Feb 02, 2013 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R73Z3C3V...
Review on my blog (to be posted 2/17): http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

After finishing Identity (part one) I could hardly wait to read Mirrors! What a crazy ride (pun not intended)! I have no idea what is really going on and now want to read part three, Unseen, asap. Great read!

*I did not get this for review. Someone lent me their Kindle copy (thanks!). All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.*
Joe Hempel
Jan 02, 2013 Joe Hempel rated it it was amazing
Oh the wait till next week (January 7th), is going to kill me.

The plot thickens a bit as Austin runs into the original "Alice" and she tells him that he sees it too, that he can see the key. It serves to just confuse him, but prove that there is something much more going on.

Meanwhile Christy is given some hypnotherapy treatment to delve deep into her past. She discovers that something has happened but she just doesn't know what.

It all culminates in a little showdown between Austin and Fisher.
Scarlet Bell
I don't even know what to say or what to think. Is Austin and Christy crazy? Are Lawson and Fisher the bad guys? How in the hell did all that craziness happen at the end?! They are never going to get out now. I'm not even sure they're supposed to. Too much has happened.... Just what I thought. This is a complete mind f**k. I just wonder who's minds are getting f****ed. The characters or the readers or both?
Phillip Lemons
Feb 01, 2013 Phillip Lemons rated it really liked it
Here in the second episode of Eyes Wide Open, the story is starting to take shape. Our heroes are beginning to have an identity crisis. They have been mistaken for patients in a mental ward and they are trying everything to get back to the lives hey knew. The story appears to be bringing us to think about the difference between how we see ourselves and how others see us. As with the first episode, it is difficult to give a full review until the story is finished.
Andrea
Jan 13, 2013 Andrea rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013
Book 1: the storyline was decent. I was excited to see where it was headed.
Book 2: WHERE is this going? It's a nail biter.
Book 3: OMG this is dragging on forever, just tell us already.
Book 4: are you serious. THAT is what it's about? Possibly the most non committal ending ever. I feel so duped. Like its going to be legandary, fantastic. But no wait, let's just make it some vague Biblical ending and not really give any kind of reason for anything.
Aaron Heinly
Feb 10, 2013 Aaron Heinly rated it really liked it
What I really like about this is that the story is half way through and I still don't know where it is going. It has picked up the pace a little from the last book and is getting a little more weird - which is what I was wanting. So far there is not a lot of characters or settings but I hear good things about the next 2 books. I hear that the Dekker multiverse comes into play in this story. Can't wait to see how.
Jennie
Feb 24, 2013 Jennie rated it it was amazing
This is a continuation of Identity (Eyes Wide Open) series. I loved this book as much as the first one. It picks up right where Identity left off with Christy and Austin trying to make it through their predicament. The characters have an air of confusion with the unbelievable situations that they are in and it only adds to the suspense of the novel. If you liked the first book you are likely back with the second in the series like I am. Onto the next one….
Tasha
Feb 17, 2014 Tasha rated it it was amazing
Look in the mirror and what do I see the uglier me looking back at me. Christy is stuck on the 2nd floor or the psychiatric ward and is trapped in her room in the dark. The only light that she sees is in the bathroom that is full of mirrors. It's amazing how we see ourselves and are never happy with our reflection. If you are reading this series, you can't help but see the fear in yourself. LOVED IT!!!
Nerina
Mar 05, 2013 Nerina rated it did not like it
This book is sooooo unbelievable. I just couldnt get myself to finish it. I know its fiction but seriously.... So I decided to to read the reviews for the last book of the series and discovered that it has a religious ending! Not my cup of tea. I'm glad I did not waste my time in reading the next books in the series.
Alexa
Jul 26, 2014 Alexa rated it it was amazing
Mirrors drives you deeper and deeper into the delicious suspense. So well-written, I'm not even sure what's real about this book anymore.
Also, Austin is awesome, though Christy is either kinda self-centered or somewhat unstable.
Evelyn Dionisio
Jan 06, 2014 Evelyn Dionisio rated it it was amazing
Love this is a series of 4 books and for me it's so frightening to go from living a normal life to someone changing your name and locking you up in a mental institution saying your nuts and that who you think u are !! I'm on the 4th book the "Seer" now ...
Rachel
Jul 06, 2014 Rachel rated it liked it
This second book in the series was much better than the first and continued the story line with more of an esoteric vibe. The ending was unexpected. The writing in this one flowed much better as well. Now on to #3!
Melissa
Jan 05, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
Things are definitely getting dire for our protagonists. I'm starting to worry there will be a tremendous twist at the end and we'll find out they really are insane and were never out in the real world but were always inpatients at St. Matthews. But I sure hope not.
  • To Kill With Reason
  • Iscariot
  • Rearview (7 Hours #1)
  • The 13th Tribe  (Immortal Files #1)
  • The Influence
  • Never Let You Go
  • Storm Gathering (The Storm Series #1)
  • Fuse of Armageddon
  • Illusion
  • Placebo (The Jevin Banks Experience, #1)
  • Silent Night (Rock Harbor #5.5)
  • Dead of Night (Hidden Faces Series, #3)
  • The Thirteenth Demon, Altar of the Spiral Eye
  • The Scarlet Trefoil (Tahn Dorn #3)
  • Vigilante (Dangerous Times, #3)
  • Operation Zulu Redemption: Overkill - The Beginning
  • They Shall See God
Ted Dekker is known for novels that combine adrenaline-laced stories with unexpected plot twists, unforgettable characters, and incredible confrontations between good and evil. Ted lives in Austin with his wife LeeAnn and their four children.
More about Ted Dekker...

Eyes Wide Open (4 books)
  • Identity (Eyes Wide Open, #1)
  • Unseen (Eyes Wide Open, #3)
  • Seer (Eyes Wide Open, #4)