Start by marking “Happy Birthday, Babymouse (Babymouse #18)” as Want to Read:
Happy Birthday, Babymouse (Babymouse #18)

Happy Birthday, Babymouse (Babymouse #18)

New York Times bestselling, three-time Newbery Honor-winning author Jennifer Holm teams up with Matthew Holm to bring you a fully illustrated, award-winning graphic novel series packed with humor and kid appeal—BABYMOUSE! Winner of multiple Children's Choice awards and with over 1.8 million books sold, kids, parents, and teachers agree that Babymouse is perfect for fans of ...more
Published April 22nd 2014 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published September 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Happy Birthday, Babymouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Birthday, Babymouse

Smile by Raina TelgemeierThe Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian SelznickThe Stonekeeper by Kazu KibuishiOut from Boneville by Jeff SmithDiary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
Best Graphic Novels for Children
308th out of 791 books — 1,093 voters
Turtle in Paradise by Jennifer L. HolmThe Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer L. HolmQueen of the World! by Jennifer L. HolmPenny from Heaven by Jennifer L. HolmOur Only May Amelia by Jennifer L. Holm
Best of Jennifer L. Holm
33rd out of 59 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Nick
May 16, 2014 Nick rated it really liked it
An extremely cute look at a young girl's worst birthday nightmares. Somehow Babymouse's birthday parties never go right, whether they end up with escaped zoo animals or a melted ice rink. This time, she tries very hard to plan one that will work just right, only to find that her arch-rival will be throwing a party the same day, and had invited everyone first. She survives a horrific day, but comes out of it with her sense of humor intact and some good new stories to tell, as well as a happy endi ...more
Ashley Polansky
Title: Happy Birthday Babymouse
Author: Jennifer L. Holm & Matthew Holm
Illustrator: Jennifer L. Holm & Matthew Holm
Genre: Graphic Novel (Grades 3-5)
Theme(s): Friendship, embarrassment, bullying, imagination
Opening line/sentence: It’s being called the event of the year.
Brief Book Summary: This graphic novel is about Babymouse and her birthday party. Felicia, someone in her grade, is also having a birthday party on the same day as Babymouse. Babymouse’s parties have always been a fail and s
Astrid Vidal
I loved this book. I liked how she interacts with the narrator and has a lot of funny parts and lots of sad parts. I liked how she acts all sassy when they say something bad about her.
The Styling Librarian
Happy Birthday, Babymouse by Jennifer L. Holm & Matthew Holm - Isn’t it wonderfully amazing that this is the 18th Babymouse book?! I love it… of course things don’t go so well for sweet Babymouse when she wants to plan the perfect birthday party… love how stories unfold in Babymouse’s world with reality taking center stage, parents not rescuing her, and things not going as well as she imagined.
Ryan M. Hanna
Jul 17, 2015 Ryan M. Hanna rated it it was amazing
Babymouse rules and it is one of the few books that continually makes me laugh out loud several times.
Samantha
Babymouse has had a history of bad birthdays, but she's determined to break the spell this year. Things turn out as usual when Babymouse finds out that her arch-nemesis Felicia is hosting her birthday celebration on the same day.

Funny and full of Babymouse's epic daydreaming this is a great read for grades 3-5. I really liked the cameos by Squish and his crew from Holm's other series.
Holly
Oh no - poor Babymouse! She plans her ultimate birthday party on the same day as Felicia's. What are the chances?? All her previous birthdays were disasters, and all she wanted was to finally have a great one. Kids will love this latest installment of Babymouse's humor, antics, and resilience.
Read  Ribbet
Babymouse is back with her 18 graphic novel. This time her birthday plans are upended by another classmates conflicting party capturing the essence of having to play second fiddle, trying a bit too hard to win friends and finding the true meaning of friendship in the end.

Donalyn
Jan 01, 2015 Donalyn rated it really liked it
Babymouse has become an honorary member of my classroom over the years. Reliably awesome. In this installment, she celebrates her birthday. Cupcakes, anyone?
Becky B
It's Babymouse's birthday! She is going to have the biggest, bestest birthday party ever! Except her birthday party is on the same day as Felicia's...and Felicia has booked all the biggest and bestest everything for her party. Will Babymouse have a happy birthday or a miserable one?

Oh man, poor Babymouse. This is a rough one for her. But it ends up well. Her friends have to make some tough decisions about honoring their word, but in the end they show her how much she means to them. Could prompt
Dolly
Aug 15, 2014 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children who enjoy reading graphic novels
This is the eighteenth book in the Babymouse series by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm. The plot centers on Babymouse's birthday party plans. As usual, things don't work out very smoothly for Babymouse, especially since her party conflicts with Felicia's party.

Our youngest really likes these books. They are quick reads and she read this book in less than a half hour. I think I read it in half that. We've read this series very quickly and now that we've read all the books that have been publish
Julee
Apr 17, 2014 Julee rated it it was amazing
It's Babymouse's birthday and time to celebrate! Babymouse goes head to head with Felicia who is also preparing for her birthday party which will be ON THE SAME DAY AS BABYMOUSE's PARTY! Oh no! The invitations have been sent and Babymouse is ready to Par-tay but where are her friends? Apparently it's a good idea to send your invites out really far in advance to ensure maximum attendance. The party is a bust but Babymouse discovers she is one lucky girl to have some pretty great friends.

Love it!
Halle Stout
May 05, 2015 Halle Stout rated it it was amazing
Karen Arendt
Ever have one of those birthdays where no one comes to your party? Babymouse has, and it's all because of Felicia! Babymouse tries to compete with Felicia's party, by finding things for her party that are better than Felicia's, but it doesn't help. In the end, Babymouse learns some things about friendship.
Pinky
May 11, 2014 Pinky rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-14
Poor Babymouse. Everything goes wrong for her birthday every year and this is year is no exception. I kinda wish someone had given her a pep talk in this one - like, "Slow down, Babymouse, before you hire a unicorn and ice sculpture for your party." But then I guess that wouldn't be Babymouse, now would it?!?
Melissa Richardson
Poor babymouse! She is so cute! Poor thing has Eeyore moments but usually ends up happy. Cute story once again. My daughter, who has difficulty reading and had given up, found a new love for it in graphic novels. Babymouse is her favorite. Thanks for the great stories!!
Ann Williams
I did enjoy the latest installment in the Babymouse series, but i couldn't help feeling a little bad for Babymouse. Why does Felicia have to be so mean? I am hoping that she will grow up one day. Would love to hear what you think, reader.
Shelli
Apr 25, 2014 Shelli rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Not my favorite in the Babymouse collection, but still a fun read about the self-centered little mouse that readers can't help but cheer for. In this edition, Babymouse has the misfortune of planning a humble birthday party on the same day as her nemesis, Felicia Furrypaws, is throwing herself a massive birthday bash. Can Babymouse salvage her special day or is it doomed to go down in history as another epic birthday fail?
Rachael
When your mortal enemy has her birthday party on the same day as yours and makes it clear hers will be the better party, the narrator gets a little mean. Even with that, the humor is excellent.
Mary Ann
Like so many kids, Babymouse dreams and plans and dreams some more about her birthday party. It’s going to be the absolute best party ever! But then she discovers that her party is going to be on the same day as nemesis Felicia Furrypaws’ party! Babymouse’s trials and tribulations resonate with kids, and her friends end up surprising her in a delightful way.
Kary
May 19, 2014 Kary rated it really liked it
So Cute and funny! Now I see why my kids love this series! I've always loved Jennifer L. Holm, especially the Middle School is Worse Than Meatloaf series.
Marcie
Mar 18, 2015 Marcie rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is a graphic novel I can enjoy. Babymouse is fun. I like to use babymouse and lunch lady to teach the characteristics of graphic novels.
Michele Knott
Apr 21, 2014 Michele Knott rated it really liked it
It's Babymouse's birthday but unfortunately it's the same day as her enemy, Felicia. I love how Babymouse always looks on the bright side of things!
Owen
Feb 05, 2015 Owen rated it it was amazing
one of my favorite books ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have paid 500$ for IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sasha
Feb 13, 2016 Sasha rated it it was amazing
Christiana
Apr 26, 2014 Christiana rated it really liked it
3 stars for Babymouse, additional star for "I can be fun!" muffin and Monday after birthday party's lunch shot.
Abbie
Jan 07, 2016 Abbie rated it really liked it
My first graphic novel. Lots of high level vocab, paired with a girl-friendly story. 3-7th grade girls.
Krista
Apr 26, 2014 Krista rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, 2014
It's Babymouse's birthday and she unknowingly plans a party for the same day as Felicia's.
Rachel
Nov 24, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I am a big Babymouse fan and when I saw this at the library I was very excited.

Kristine
Jun 12, 2015 Kristine rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
It's Babymouse's birthday!!! Will she get the party she has always wanted?
  • Lunch Lady and the Video Game Villain (Lunch Lady #9)
  • Mr. Pants: It's Go Time!
  • Big Birthday Bash (The Misadventures of Salem Hyde, #2)
  • Dragons Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette #2)
  • Bird & Squirrel on the Run
  • The Boy Who Crashed to Earth (HiLo #1)
  • Gaijin: American Prisoner of War
  • Fangbone! Third-Grade Barbarian
  • The Big Wet Balloon: TOON Level 2
  • The Great Pet Escape
  • The Zoo Box
  • Lowriders in Space (Lowriders in Space, #1)
  • Benny and Penny in The Big No-No!
  • Marty McGuire Has Too Many Pets!
  • Ares: Bringer of War (Olympians, #7)
  • Ninja-Rella: A Graphic Novel
  • Leroy Ninker Saddles Up (Tales from Deckawoo Drive, #1)
Jennifer L. Holm is a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling children's author and the recipient of three Newbery Honors for her novels OUR ONLY MAY AMELIA, PENNY FROM HEAVEN, and TURTLE IN PARADISE.

Jennifer collaborates with her brother, Matthew Holm, on two graphic novel series -- the Eisner Award-winning Babymouse series and the bestselling Squish series. She is also the author of several other highly pra
More about Jennifer L. Holm...

Babymouse (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Queen of the World! (Babymouse, #1)
  • Our Hero (Babymouse, #2)
  • Beach Babe (Babymouse, #3)
  • Rock Star (Babymouse, #4)
  • Heartbreaker (Babymouse, #5)
  • Camp Babymouse (Babymouse, #6)
  • Skater Girl (Babymouse, #7)
  • Puppy Love (Babymouse, #8)
  • Monster Mash (Babymouse, #9)
  • Babymouse: The Musical (Babymouse, #10)