Start by marking “Happy Birthday, Babymouse (Babymouse #18)” as Want to Read:
Happy Birthday, Babymouse (Babymouse #18)

Happy Birthday, Babymouse (Babymouse #18)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  268 ratings  ·  39 reviews
New York Times bestselling, three-time Newbery Honor-winning author Jennifer Holm teams up with Matthew Holm to bring you a fully illustrated, award-winning graphic novel series packed with humor and kid appeal—BABYMOUSE! Winner of multiple Children's Choice awards and with over 1.8 million books sold, kids, parents, and teachers agree that Babymouse is perfect for fans of ...more
Published April 22nd 2014 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published September 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Happy Birthday, Babymouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Birthday, Babymouse

Nick
An extremely cute look at a young girl's worst birthday nightmares. Somehow Babymouse's birthday parties never go right, whether they end up with escaped zoo animals or a melted ice rink. This time, she tries very hard to plan one that will work just right, only to find that her arch-rival will be throwing a party the same day, and had invited everyone first. She survives a horrific day, but comes out of it with her sense of humor intact and some good new stories to tell, as well as a happy endi ...more
The Styling Librarian
Happy Birthday, Babymouse by Jennifer L. Holm & Matthew Holm - Isn’t it wonderfully amazing that this is the 18th Babymouse book?! I love it… of course things don’t go so well for sweet Babymouse when she wants to plan the perfect birthday party… love how stories unfold in Babymouse’s world with reality taking center stage, parents not rescuing her, and things not going as well as she imagined.
Samantha
Babymouse has had a history of bad birthdays, but she's determined to break the spell this year. Things turn out as usual when Babymouse finds out that her arch-nemesis Felicia is hosting her birthday celebration on the same day.

Funny and full of Babymouse's epic daydreaming this is a great read for grades 3-5. I really liked the cameos by Squish and his crew from Holm's other series.
Holly
Oh no - poor Babymouse! She plans her ultimate birthday party on the same day as Felicia's. What are the chances?? All her previous birthdays were disasters, and all she wanted was to finally have a great one. Kids will love this latest installment of Babymouse's humor, antics, and resilience.
Donalyn
Babymouse has become an honorary member of my classroom over the years. Reliably awesome. In this installment, she celebrates her birthday. Cupcakes, anyone?
Dolly
Aug 15, 2014 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children who enjoy reading graphic novels
This is the eighteenth book in the Babymouse series by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm. The plot centers on Babymouse's birthday party plans. As usual, things don't work out very smoothly for Babymouse, especially since her party conflicts with Felicia's party.

Our youngest really likes these books. They are quick reads and she read this book in less than a half hour. I think I read it in half that. We've read this series very quickly and now that we've read all the books that have been publish
Julee
It's Babymouse's birthday and time to celebrate! Babymouse goes head to head with Felicia who is also preparing for her birthday party which will be ON THE SAME DAY AS BABYMOUSE's PARTY! Oh no! The invitations have been sent and Babymouse is ready to Par-tay but where are her friends? Apparently it's a good idea to send your invites out really far in advance to ensure maximum attendance. The party is a bust but Babymouse discovers she is one lucky girl to have some pretty great friends.

Love it!
Karen Arendt
Ever have one of those birthdays where no one comes to your party? Babymouse has, and it's all because of Felicia! Babymouse tries to compete with Felicia's party, by finding things for her party that are better than Felicia's, but it doesn't help. In the end, Babymouse learns some things about friendship.
Pinky
Poor Babymouse. Everything goes wrong for her birthday every year and this is year is no exception. I kinda wish someone had given her a pep talk in this one - like, "Slow down, Babymouse, before you hire a unicorn and ice sculpture for your party." But then I guess that wouldn't be Babymouse, now would it?!?
Melissa Richardson
Poor babymouse! She is so cute! Poor thing has Eeyore moments but usually ends up happy. Cute story once again. My daughter, who has difficulty reading and had given up, found a new love for it in graphic novels. Babymouse is her favorite. Thanks for the great stories!!
Read  Ribbet
Babymouse is back with her 18 graphic novel. This time her birthday plans are upended by another classmates conflicting party capturing the essence of having to play second fiddle, trying a bit too hard to win friends and finding the true meaning of friendship in the end.

Ann Williams
I did enjoy the latest installment in the Babymouse series, but i couldn't help feeling a little bad for Babymouse. Why does Felicia have to be so mean? I am hoping that she will grow up one day. Would love to hear what you think, reader.
Shelli
Not my favorite in the Babymouse collection, but still a fun read about the self-centered little mouse that readers can't help but cheer for. In this edition, Babymouse has the misfortune of planning a humble birthday party on the same day as her nemesis, Felicia Furrypaws, is throwing herself a massive birthday bash. Can Babymouse salvage her special day or is it doomed to go down in history as another epic birthday fail?
Rachael
When your mortal enemy has her birthday party on the same day as yours and makes it clear hers will be the better party, the narrator gets a little mean. Even with that, the humor is excellent.
Mary Ann
Like so many kids, Babymouse dreams and plans and dreams some more about her birthday party. It’s going to be the absolute best party ever! But then she discovers that her party is going to be on the same day as nemesis Felicia Furrypaws’ party! Babymouse’s trials and tribulations resonate with kids, and her friends end up surprising her in a delightful way.
Kary
So Cute and funny! Now I see why my kids love this series! I've always loved Jennifer L. Holm, especially the Middle School is Worse Than Meatloaf series.
Mrs. Knott
It's Babymouse's birthday but unfortunately it's the same day as her enemy, Felicia. I love how Babymouse always looks on the bright side of things!
Owen
one of my favorite books ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have paid 500$ for IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christiana
3 stars for Babymouse, additional star for "I can be fun!" muffin and Monday after birthday party's lunch shot.
Krista
It's Babymouse's birthday and she unknowingly plans a party for the same day as Felicia's.
Rachel
I am a big Babymouse fan and when I saw this at the library I was very excited.

Barb Keister
Will Babymouse's friends come through? Great fun for today's #bookaday14!
Julie
very funny and we all hope this birthday goes well
Gigi
Babymouse is adorable as always. Fans will love this next installment.
Thehung
How do we read this book? I don't know how...:(
Nk
Nov 23, 2014 Nk marked it as to-read
it's babymouse's birthday but there's a problem
Earl
A strong installment in this long running series.
Julie
Babymouse never disappoints! Great laughs!
Another cute Babymouse book.
Jenna
I have read all the Babymouse books, but this one is my favorite! It has all kinds of storybook scenes in it too, so I especially like that! As I have said a bunch of times on these reviews, read it!
  • Lunch Lady and the Video Game Villain (Lunch Lady #9)
  • Bird & Squirrel on the Run
  • Cleopatra in Space #1: Target Practice (Cleopatra in Space, #1)
  • Lowriders in Space (Book 1)
  • The Return of Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #3)
  • Gaijin: American Prisoner of War
  • Giants Beware!
  • Benny and Penny in The Big No-No!
  • Odd Duck
  • Hilda and the Bird Parade
  • Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: Treaties, Trenches, Mud, and Blood (Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales, #4)
  • Leroy Ninker Saddles Up (Tales from Deckawoo Drive, #1)
  • Manhunt
  • Fangbone! Third-Grade Barbarian
  • Bluffton: My Summers with Buster Keaton
  • The Great American Dust Bowl
Jennifer L. Holm is a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling children's author and the recipient of three Newbery Honors for her novels OUR ONLY MAY AMELIA, PENNY FROM HEAVEN, and TURTLE IN PARADISE.

Jennifer collaborates with her brother, Matthew Holm, on two graphic novel series -- the Eisner Award-winning Babymouse series and the bestselling Squish series. She is also the author of several other highly pra
More about Jennifer L. Holm...

Babymouse (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Queen of the World! (Babymouse, #1)
  • Our Hero (Babymouse, #2)
  • Beach Babe (Babymouse, #3)
  • Rock Star (Babymouse, #4)
  • Heartbreaker (Babymouse, #5)
  • Camp Babymouse (Babymouse, #6)
  • Skater Girl (Babymouse, #7)
  • Puppy Love (Babymouse, #8)
  • Monster Mash (Babymouse, #9)
  • Babymouse: The Musical (Babymouse, #10)
Turtle in Paradise Queen of the World! (Babymouse, #1) Penny from Heaven Our Only May Amelia (May Amelia, #1) Super Amoeba (Squish, #1)