Start by marking “Groomed for Murder (Going to the Dogs, #2)” as Want to Read:
Groomed for Murder (Going to the Dogs, #2)

Groomed for Murder (Going to the Dogs #2)

Can a dog have a bad hair day?

Brooke Palmer owns Pawlish, an exclusive doggie spa and grooming business in upper Manhattan, but when a client’s champion poodle gets a bad poodle cut and has to undergo therapy to recover, the client sues. The lawyer they send is drop dead gorgeous, but Brooke won't be wooed by a corporate shark in a sharp suit.

Corporate lawyer Drew Hudson h
Published December 28th 2012 by Blue Moon Creative, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Groomed for Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Groomed for Murder

Apr 29, 2016 Yodamom rated it really liked it
Great characters, cute animals, a mystery and just the right amount of chuckles. I found this author/book when I picked up Must Love Pets Romance Set (deal !) I loved her style and can't wait to read more.
Diane ~Firefly~
Cute book, but everything seemed rushed. Brooke was unbelievable too good of a person to exist. Drew falls for her and re-examines his life, although has a few bumps in the road. I enjoyed the friendship between the four women and the dog antics. But a lot of this just seemed unbelievable and there is a really sad moment.

(view spoiler)
Apr 09, 2016 Jo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
I read this book as part of the anthology Must Love Pets: A Romance Box Set.

The second book in Zoe Dawson's Going to the Dogs series, this one tells the story of Brooke, her dog Roscoe, and Drew. While Roscoe wasn't as central as Max was in the previous book, he still played a central role in the book. This book had more sex than it's predecessor, Leashed, but nothing raunchy. Brooke, a dog salon owner, is kind-hearted and giving. She thrives when helping others and is all give and no take, cari
Aug 21, 2016 Judy rated it it was amazing
Groomed For Murder by Zoe Dawson
Going to the Dogs Series Book 2
Brooke Palmer has worked hard to establish her dog spa, Pawlish. Now one spoiled rich woman with a spoiled poodle wants to ruin her because of her uncontrolled dog. When threatened by a lawsuit and the hunky lawyer who is trying to settle out of court, she still refuses to give in. To the court case that is, it’s hard not to give in to those stunning green eyes and silky blond waves. Just when she thinks things can’t get any worse, t
Jul 28, 2013 Che-che rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for my review.

I feel in love with this super funny super cute and very interesting book. It reminds you of a grown up version of Babysitters club mixed with Nancy Drew. I loved it.

In this book you meet Brooke who owns a dog spa named Pawlish and she has a customer named Kristen and her mini poodle MiMi. O Yeah and then you get to meet Drew(the swoon worthy lawyer)
I loved, I even cried and I was so taken by this story I didnt want it to end. I could keep going on
annette colon
May 29, 2016 annette colon rated it really liked it
The Groomer And The Lawyer

Brooke is a Jack of all trades. She runs her grooming parlor, makes organic treats for pets and people, and last but not least planning one of her best friends wedding including making all the bridesmaids dresses. With all of that going on its a miracle that she has some time for herself. The only man she has in her life is Roscoe, her bull dog.
Things get ugly at the parlor when Kristen, a rich and mean dog owner comes in with her psychotic poodle (think Cujo trapped in
Pat aka Tygyr
Jun 02, 2014 Pat aka Tygyr rated it really liked it
Drew is an attorney. He has raised his sister Emma, but lately work seems to be his main focus. He and another attorney are playing racquet ball for who gets a big case. Drew wins. But then he learns it is a case of his boss's wife wanting to sue a dog groomer over a bad grooming. His boss wants him to settle out of court. This is the big case? He can't believe how easy this should be. But then he hasn't met the owner of the dog groomer business - Brook. She has strong ethics. She will not fire ...more
This book was a bit of a disappointment for me. I had a difficult time believing a person like Brooke could exist. She was one of those overly perfect characters that's just far too good to be true. Drew was much more believable, and I actually enjoyed his part of the story. The torn feeling he had between following his work or following his heart and inner moral compass.

Brooke's client that ends up suing her was quite a hoot - until she ends up dead. Now this event takes awhile to happen so we
Lora Jordan
Jul 30, 2014 Lora Jordan rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Going to next book thx good read for me
Apr 02, 2015 Joan rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Groomed For Murder by Zoe Dawson is the second book in her Going to the Dogs series. I enjoyed reading Brooke and Drew's story but this isn't a cozy mystery. It's a contemporary love story. There is a death that, at first seems to be murder, but it turned out to be only a slight bump in the relationship road that was resolved late in the story.

Brooke owns Pawlish, an upscale dog grooming establishment. She's independent and has worked very hard to make Pawlish a success. She also does so much fo
Danny Jeffery
Sep 03, 2016 Danny Jeffery rated it liked it
This is the second book in the Going to The Dogs series but can be read as a S/A.

Groomed for Murder was a really sweet and warm and fuzzy read. As with the first book, it really does leave you happy and with a smile. This book also had a nice dose of mystery and a gentle dash of angst and drama towards the end.

The romance element of the story for me, needed a little more development as I didn't connect to Brooke and Drew as a couple but that said, I did enjoy the fact that they are both normal
Cathy Brockman
Brooke is the type that does for everyone instead of herself, she helps her neighbors, volunteers a lot and protects those she cares for. She is spread thins with renovations in her business, baking dog treats, and helping plan Callies wedding while she is feeling low about Maybe loosing Callie to Owen and her bulldog Roscoe is over the age most bulldog live and she has had him since she was a young girl. When one of her clients isn’t happy with a groomer and o wants her fired Brooke stands gro ...more
Mar 22, 2013 Donna rated it really liked it
We first met Brooke in Leashed (Going to the Dogs #1). Brooke owns Pawlish an upscale dog grooming establishment. When Mimi a bad tempered show poodle with an even worse tempered owner gets a bad cut things start to go wrong for Brooke. Mimi’s owner is now suing Brooke for therapy for Mimi and is doing everything she can to destroy Brookes business. Enter Drew. He is an ambitious young lawyer who is promised a corner office if he can convince Brooke to settle out of court. Once he meets her his ...more
Jul 14, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in return for an honest review of this book.

"Groomed for Murder" begins with Brooke Palmer, the owner of Pawlish, trying to placate an unhappy customer. Normally Brooke can soothe over situations like this, but in the event of this one, the customer is simply asking for too much. Brooke is a kind, gentle and giving woman who is constantly helping other people. Enter Drew Hudson, the lawyer assigned to the lawsuit by the unhappy customer. He is immediately taken with Brooke. Th
Groomed for Murder by Zoe Dawson
(Book #2: Going to the Dogs series)
Source: Purchase
Rating: 5/5 stars

Groomed for Murder is the second installment (and first full-length installment) of Zoe Dawson’s Going to the Dogs series and man, oh man is this read a good one. Groomed is Brooke’s story, the girl who is by far the kindest, gentlest, and most caring of the dog park four.

Brooke, like her friends is dog lover and has parlayed her love of canines into a lucrative yet time consuming career. Brooke i
Sep 05, 2013 Lea rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It is a well written love story with just a little bit of mystery/suspense thrown in. We first met Brooke and got a peek at her doggie spa Pawlish back in Leashed (Callie & Owen’s story) but this book stands alone just fine and you do not have to read Leashed to enjoy this book (though it was very good too and I recommend it). Brooke and Pawlish are being sued for a bad grooming job on a spoiled pup (with an even more spoiled owner). Drew is sent to get Brooke to ...more
Aug 13, 2013 Claudia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, fiction, drama
Brooke is a dog spa owner and in her spare time she volunteers at a homeless shelter, runs errands for her next door neighbor. She a kind, generous, person who gives to everyone except herself. When she started her business she didn't receive the help she needed from her parents as they had no faith in her and was sure the business would fail. Drew at the age of 18 was forced to be both brother and parent to his sister when their parents were killed. He thought taking the path he took was the ri ...more
Feb 15, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it
This murder mystery/love story is a ‘must read’ for dog lovers. Zoe Dawson treats her fans to another quick read that leave her fans with a smile on their face throughout the story. Groomed for Murder picks up where Leased ended. Both books are part of the Going to the Dogs series.

This book follows Brooke….the owner of a dog grooming business. She is a faithful volunteer that enjoys helping everyone…from neighbors, to friends, to business associates. The ‘man’ in her life is her bulldog - Rosco
Brandee Price
Mar 31, 2013 Brandee Price rated it really liked it
We met Brooke in Leashed, of course. And Groomed for Murder is a fantastic sequel. I liked getting to know Brooke better as well as seeing Callie's wedding plans proceed. And I'm really excited for Poe and Harper to have their stories as well...but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Brooke Palmer has had a challenging childhood. Her parents were more the absentee type and after completing college (earning a degree they chose), she rebels and choses her own career path. Her parents respond by cutting he
Jan 31, 2013 Gaele rated it it was amazing
Continuing in the tradition of Leashed, Zoe Dawson has created another story to engage and entertain, that had me reading it in one sitting, picking up shortly after finishing the first in this Going to the Dogs series.

Picking up where Leashed left off, nearly literally, this book focuses on Brooke, one of the four women we will follow in this series that met and bonded over Saturday mornings at the dog park. Brooke is a business owner, non-stop volunteer with a penchant for caring for others:
Christina M Condy
Zoe Dawson does it again! I give this book 5 Big 'ole Paw Prints! She has created a series that is a true winner. A completely unique storyline and the characters are truly enjoyable.

In this book we get Brooke's story. We first met her in book 1 while Callie and the 3 other girls all meet at the doggie park. And this story picks up with Brooke preparing for a wedding, sorry guys can't say whose because it would be a spoiler. This book is a murder mystery. The mayhem and plot twists will definite
Lady Entropy
Jul 20, 2015 Lady Entropy rated it did not like it
Shelves: ebooks
I love cozy murder mysteries. I love dogs.

This should be perfect for me.

It wasn't.

It was a Did Not Finish book, which warrants immediately a 1 star for me. Between the "omg that lawyer is so hot" subplot that ended up taking more space than it should, and the confusing set up (so, her groomer DID pretty much destroy the poodle's fur, making it into a mess, but the MC acts as the owner is overrecting? I mean, sure, I can guess it would not be a reason to fire a poor groomer, but the MC acts throu
May 07, 2014 Olivia rated it it was ok

Although I like Zoe Dawson first book Unleashed, this book did not hold my attention. The character for some reason just did not seem realistic to me. Nothing in this book held my attention and let's be honest this book is predictable, it is a cheesy girly romance with a plot that different but typical.
Pennie Morgan
Sep 02, 2016 Pennie Morgan rated it really liked it
This is the second book in this series and such FUN. What we thought was going to be a cozy mystery is really a contemporary romance between Brooke and Drew. Dogs and love and sex and lots and lots of fun...what more could want? I recommend this one!

**Received this one in exchange for an honest review**
Aug 28, 2016 Jeanne rated it liked it
This book was kind of all over the place. I'm more than halfway in and trying to figure out who was getting murdered. I kept wondering, until it finally happened and then everything went very quickly from there. I like the series and hope to continue to read to get the remaining ladies stories told.
Donna Huber
Jul 07, 2014 Donna Huber rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review, romance
A great plot with a little laughter and some tears. I loved the characters, but not enough to want to be between the sheets with them. It was a little steamier than I care for my chicklit to be. I read this as part of the MUST LOVE PETS boxset. Full review soon.
Jun 17, 2014 Stacy rated it it was amazing
Juli Hall
Jun 06, 2016 Juli Hall rated it it was amazing
Second book in the Going to the Dogs series. I really enjoyed it. Brooke the owner of Pawlish meets sexy attorney Drew who is hired buy a spoiled rich customer who didn't like the cut her dog got. Brooke ends up being charged for her murder. Can she be set free and get a HEA with Drew.
Jun 14, 2014 Chana rated it liked it
This is a romance with an oh-by-the-way brief mystery mentioned a very few times. While it was a good story with some good characters, there was much more detail in the numerous sex scenes than in the whole of the mystery. Not what I was looking for, but it was well written and engaging if that's what you're interested in.
Jun 04, 2014 Gail rated it it was amazing
Brooke runs a dog groomer place called Pawlish and because of one spoiled dog she is in trouble and might lose her business. Brooke meets Drew the lawyer who is out to ruin her but they feel an attraction. Brooke is than accused of murder. Will the truth come out and true love prevail? Read the book to find out. I loved every minute of this book. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
  • Playing the Maestro
  • Cliff's Edge  (Willow Springs Ranch, #7)
  • Dog Nanny
  • Must Love Pets: A Romance Box Set
  • An Impossible Rescue
  • Dogs Aren't Men
  • It’s a Dog’s Life
  • The Other Marlowe Girl (Marlowe Girls, #2)
  • Dante's Gift
  • Morning Light (A Day of Pleasure, #1)
  • The Mutt and the Matchmaker (A Matchmaker Mystery, #1)
  • The Best Laid Plans (Brothers of the Bayou, #1)
  • Memoirs of a Bad Dog
  • The Big Debate (Literary Loom, #1)
  • Love, Sidelines, and Endzones (Cactus Creek, #5)
  • Joshua's Folly
  • Pastels and Jingle Bells (Heavenly Bites #1)
  • Tony & Ryan (Lethal Obsession, #1)
Newsletter sign up:

Zoe Dawson, the author of 40+ books had always dreamed of becoming a full-time romance writer. Her other passions include traveling the world, owning a beach house (she believes she was a mermaid in another life), and seeing her books in movies. When she’s not writing, she’s painting or killing virtual MMORPG monsters in World of Warcraft. She lives in Nort
More about Zoe Dawson...

Going to the Dogs (8 books)
  • Leashed (Going to the Dogs, #1)
  • Hounded (Going to the Dogs, #3)
  • Collared (Going to the Dogs, #4)
  • Fetched (Going to the Dogs, #5)
  • Tangled (Going to the Dogs, #6)
  • Handled (Going to the Dogs, #7)
  • Captured