The Adventures of Grandfather Frog

The Adventures of Grandfather Frog (The Bedtime Story-Books)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  154 ratings  ·  10 reviews
FEATURES:

• Beautiful 187 illustrations are included

• Author's Top Quotes

• Active Table of Contents

• High formatting quality and standards, manually crafted by professionals

Summary

His outdoor observations in nature were used as plots for his stories. In his first book, Old Mother West Wind, published in 1910, the reader meets many of the characters found in later books...more
ebook
Published by Kiddy Monster Publication (first published 1915)

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of Grandfather Frog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Grandfather Frog

Karin
My 7 yr old gave these books a 5. I agree. "His books are awesome' she says.I liked the way morals were told in an entertaining way. I bet my daughter didn't feel she was being moralized at because she wanted to hear the whole book. I've tried others that had a distinct 'moral' or 'value' and she hates it.(Books that go ... is thankful or ... learns to be honest. blah.

Burgess books are interesting entertaining and a good read. Hopefully the little lessons learned by the animals were also learned...more
Jonathan Marshall
The Burgess Books

This is a phrase that brings a smile to my face as often as I hear it. As a young child, I would lose myself for hours in the simple world of the wood and pond inhabited by Little Joe Otter, Buster Bear, Grandfather Frog, and terrorized by Farmer Brown's Boy. I can remember the very shelf, even the exact spot in the little library in Felton, CA where these books were kept. I would return practically every week with a new armload to last me until our next trip to the library. Of...more
Chug-arum! All of the forest folks are laughing at him, laughing at the very person that they once revered and sought out for advice. And all because he had tried to swallow a fish that was too big to fit in his mouth!

Well, Grandfather Frog won’t stand for it. No, sirree! And when his cousin, Mr. Toad, comes around bragging his head off about the Great World, well, it seems like a fine opportunity to escape from his critics and take Mr. Toad down a peg or two, as well.

But Grandfather Frog knows...more
Lisa
Great bedtime audiobook. Both boys loved it.
Mindy
I read this with my children and we all adored reading about Grandfather Frog and his adventures in the Smiling Pool and the Green Meadow! We always enjoy reading about animals and I especially love how there are little learning moments throughout the book. It is a great book to read and then discuss good & bad choices! And I also liked that this is an unabridged version of a true classic tale!
Dave
My father also read this book to me, and it was another of the earliest I read for myself. It was the second book I could call a favorite. This book also had no paper cover, but a hard sandy-brown cover. All the interior artwork was in blacks and white, but the picture I liked best was like the one shown in this example.
Joe Chiappetta
While this is clearly a book designed to be read to children, I was blown away by all the simple but powerful life lessons wrapped into the plot of our hero: an old, stubborn frog.
Andrea
We love Thornton Burgess's books for children. They teach simple character building principles in the world of nature.
Kent
Mar 17, 2009 Kent is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Bedtime stories for Rhino and Ghator ...
Chris
Chris added it
Aug 20, 2014
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Robyn
Robyn marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Charom
Charom marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Megan Robel
Megan Robel marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Amanda Rusher
Amanda Rusher marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Susanne
Susanne marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Thornton W. (Waldo) Burgess (1874-1965), American author, naturalist and conservationist, wrote popular children's stories including the Old Mother West Wind (1910) series. He would go on to write more than 100 books and thousands of short-stories during his lifetime.
More about Thornton W. Burgess...
The Adventures of Peter Cottontail Old Mother West Wind The Burgess Bird Book for Children The Adventures of Reddy Fox The Adventures of Old Mr. Toad