Start by marking “The Blogger's Survival Guide: Tips and Tricks for Parent Bloggers, Wordsmiths and Enthusiasts” as Want to Read:

Eliminate hours of research involved in creating a successful, money-making blog.

Blogging can be a lot of fun, but much better if some income is generated from it. This guide will help your blog succeed. It delivers all the instructions you’ll need to pursue and achieve your online goals.

Topics include:
--Understanding the different blogging platforms
--Creating compelli
Published March 24th 2013 by Wayman Publishing (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Blogger's Survival Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blogger's Survival Guide

E.C. Stilson
Dec 28, 2012 E.C. Stilson rated it it was amazing
"The Blogger's Survival Guide" has helped me so much. From social media, to finding effective post titles--this single book has made a world of difference in my journey to build a writing platform.
I know many bloggers will read this and learn great tips that will help them become successful.
Rosann
Mar 25, 2013 Rosann rated it it was amazing
I've been blogging for over 2 years now and after reading this book, I'm seriously disappointed it wasn't available when I first jumped into the blogosphere. This is an excellent resource for bloggers of any kind. The authors don't single any one style or niche of blogging out. They speak to the heart of getting your blog up and running in 7 days and growing it beyond that. The book is very easy to read and is organized in such a way that you can quickly page through it to find the specific topi ...more
Growing Up
May 12, 2013 Growing Up rated it really liked it
If you are serious about creating a blog to generate income… this book is a great place to start. It contains tons of information - in an easy to understand way, which is perfect for those that:

•are thinking about starting their own blog
•have recently dived into the blogging world and have lots of questions
•have been blogging for a while and wonder if perhaps they can turn their hobby into a job

If you are confused (or simply have no idea what these things even are and why they should even matter
Christy
Jul 16, 2013 Christy rated it it was amazing
Whether you've just started blogging or have been blogging for years, this is a book you should get your hands on! It is full of really great information. It's not a book meant to be read through in a single setting, rather a book to be used as a reference guide in your blogging life. The way that the book is laid out is extremely helpful and it makes it easy to find the exact help you need.

The authors have set the book up into a seven day layout which would be most helpful to a new blogger. If
Ernst
So Disclaimers first: I got this book as an Early Reviewer for free, and therefore feel compelled to review this book thoroughly. I wanted to see it because I am following the blogosphere as an interested amateur and try to get an insight in contemporary forms of communication.

Good news, this book covers a lot of hands-on aspects of creating and running a blog and making it a successful business venture. So far, it does what it says on the tin, and if you want a how-to style guide to help, this
Lexie
Dec 28, 2012 Lexie rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Not quite sure who this is, but just wanted to share because there are bloggers (even seasoned ones) who have given us messages, emails, and notes like this:

"Not only did I think I knew it all this guide showed me things I would have never thought of and it's easy to understand and don't be overwhelmed by the amount of pages because trust me you are going to not want to skip a page whether you think you know what you know. I recommend this book to every blogger out there!! Glad I purchased it!!
April
Jul 05, 2014 April rated it really liked it
This book has a lot of great info for beginning bloggers and old pros a like. I would suggest pairing the audiobook with the ebook, it gives the best of both worlds. There were times when I really wanted a visual to get what the audio was saying. On the other hand the print is a bit dry at times and I preferred listening to reading.

The audiobook is narrated by Doug Hannah, who has a great tone. I really liked his pace, it made it easy to get the details without making the information drag. The f
Vivian Kirkfield
Jan 14, 2013 Vivian Kirkfield rated it it was amazing
If you are a novice blogger, a seasoned blogger or just thinking about blogging..this is the book for you!
Well worth the price...just the section on choosing the right headlines will help you get more traffic to your blog.

I found the book simple to read and easy to navigate...and I am no tech-savvy person. I actually brought a copy of this book to the 2013 Asian Festival of Children's Content/SCBWI conference in Singapore this May and used it as a resource for my two panel discussions on bloggin
R.L.
Apr 22, 2013 R.L. rated it it was amazing
Great book full of ideas for the blog. It's a handy reference for times when ideas are slow in coming.
Melissa
Apr 17, 2015 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: anf, anf-blog, anf-how-to
Not as helpful as I was hoping for, but still had some good points. I guess I am looking for more creative inspiration ideas than a how to guide. So not really the book's fault.
Dree
Dree rated it it was amazing
Becky McNeer
Dec 28, 2012 Becky McNeer rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Katherine Clark-lopez
Katherine Clark-lopez rated it it was amazing
Jurgen Appelo
Jurgen Appelo rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2013
Lector Inspector
Lector Inspector rated it really liked it
May 12, 2013
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2013
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2014
Lola
Lola rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2013
Brenna Turner
Brenna Turner rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2013
Sharon Ruggieri
Sharon Ruggieri rated it it was amazing
Michele Schultz
Michele Schultz rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
Jenni Martin
Jenni Martin rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2013
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2013
Julen Diaz
Julen Diaz rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2015
Mariely
Mariely rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2016
Karlyn Bishop
Karlyn Bishop rated it it was amazing
Mark Castillejos
Mark Castillejos rated it it was amazing
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2015
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2012
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Cassandra Jordan
Cassandra Jordan marked it as to-read
Jennifer Wolfe
Jennifer Wolfe marked it as to-read
Amberlouise
Amberlouise marked it as to-read
Karen Herndon
Karen Herndon marked it as to-read
Jerri Davis
Jerri Davis marked it as to-read
Natalie Hoage
Natalie Hoage marked it as to-read
Rebecka
Rebecka marked it as to-read
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Sarah Smith
Sarah Smith marked it as to-read
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2013
Pamela Eatherton
Pamela Eatherton marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2013
Jorge
Jorge marked it as to-read
Melissa Hoagland
Melissa Hoagland marked it as to-read
Michelle Cabasaan
Michelle Cabasaan marked it as to-read
Alicia Scrimger
Alicia Scrimger marked it as to-read
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Darla
Darla marked it as to-read
Tammy Northrup
Tammy Northrup marked it as to-read
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Sandra Angel del roldan
Sandra Angel del roldan marked it as to-read
Heather Kinnaird
Heather Kinnaird marked it as to-read
Rachel Willis
Rachel Willis marked it as to-read
Diana Bella
Diana Bella marked it as to-read
Sarah Zubarik
Sarah Zubarik marked it as to-read
Vivian
Vivian marked it as to-read
Mindy Bruce
Mindy Bruce marked it as to-read
  • Blog, Inc.: Blogging for Passion, Profit, and to Create Community
  • The Fine Print of Self-Publishing
  • Blogging for Creatives: How designers, artists, crafters and writers can blog to make contacts, win business and build success
  • So Much Time, So Little Change
  • Enriching the Brain: How to Maximize Every Learner's Potential
  • Be the Monkey: A Conversation About the New World of Publishing
  • Strands: A Year of Discoveries on the Beach
  • Weinberg on Writing: The Fieldstone Method
  • My Blog Traffic Sucks! 8 Simple Steps to Get 100,000 Blog Visitors without Working 8 Days a Week
  • Extreme Programming Installed (The Xp Series)
  • HOW TO START A BLOG THAT PEOPLE WILL READ: How to create a website, write about a topic you love, develop a loyal readership, and make six figures doing it. (THE MAKE MONEY FROM HOME LIONS CLUB)
  • Scoot Over, Skinny: The Fat Nonfiction Anthology
  • The Power of Scrum
  • Author Publicity Pack: Resources to Help You Take Your Book Marketing To The Next Level
  • The Well-Fed Self-Publisher: How to Turn One Book Into a Full-Time Living
  • Cabinets of Wonder
  • Poison Pill
  • The Rose Metal Press Field Guide to Prose Poetry: Contemporary Poets in Discussion and Practice
Lexie Lane is the creator of voiceBoks.com, co-founder of WikiMommy.com, co-owner of The Social Media Panel, LLC., and co-author of the upcoming book, The Blogger's Survival Guide Tips and Tricks for Parent Bloggers Wordsmiths and Enthusiasts.

She began her education in computer science in 1997, but after many changes that took place in her life, she decided to “run with the crowd” and join the rea
More about Lexie Lane...