Start by marking “The Blogger's Survival Guide: Tips and Tricks for Parent Bloggers, Wordsmiths and Enthusiasts” as Want to Read:

4.59 of 5 stars 4.59  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Eliminate hours of research involved in creating a successful, money-making blog.

Blogging can be a lot of fun, but much better if some income is generated from it. This guide will help your blog succeed. It delivers all the instructions you’ll need to pursue and achieve your online goals.

Topics include:
--Understanding the different blogging platforms
--Creating compelli
Published March 24th 2013 by Wayman Publishing (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Blogger's Survival Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blogger's Survival Guide

The Blogger's Survival Guide by Lexie LaneBlog, Inc. by Joy Deangdeelert ChoBlogging for Creatives by Robin Houghton
Books About Blogging
1st out of 3 books — 19 voters
The Blogger's Survival Guide by Lexie LaneBusiness Success Secrets, Principles, Formulas & Ethos by Daryl UrbanskiAncient Secrets Of Lead Generation by Daryl UrbanskiPrimitive Business Tools For Success by Daryl Urbanski
Best Blogging Books of 2013
1st out of 4 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

E.C. Stilson
"The Blogger's Survival Guide" has helped me so much. From social media, to finding effective post titles--this single book has made a world of difference in my journey to build a writing platform.
I know many bloggers will read this and learn great tips that will help them become successful.
Rosann
I've been blogging for over 2 years now and after reading this book, I'm seriously disappointed it wasn't available when I first jumped into the blogosphere. This is an excellent resource for bloggers of any kind. The authors don't single any one style or niche of blogging out. They speak to the heart of getting your blog up and running in 7 days and growing it beyond that. The book is very easy to read and is organized in such a way that you can quickly page through it to find the specific topi ...more
Growing Up
If you are serious about creating a blog to generate income… this book is a great place to start. It contains tons of information - in an easy to understand way, which is perfect for those that:

•are thinking about starting their own blog
•have recently dived into the blogging world and have lots of questions
•have been blogging for a while and wonder if perhaps they can turn their hobby into a job

If you are confused (or simply have no idea what these things even are and why they should even matter
April
This book has a lot of great info for beginning bloggers and old pros a like. I would suggest pairing the audiobook with the ebook, it gives the best of both worlds. There were times when I really wanted a visual to get what the audio was saying. On the other hand the print is a bit dry at times and I preferred listening to reading.

The audiobook is narrated by Doug Hannah, who has a great tone. I really liked his pace, it made it easy to get the details without making the information drag. The f
Ernst
So Disclaimers first: I got this book as an Early Reviewer for free, and therefore feel compelled to review this book thoroughly. I wanted to see it because I am following the blogosphere as an interested amateur and try to get an insight in contemporary forms of communication.

Good news, this book covers a lot of hands-on aspects of creating and running a blog and making it a successful business venture. So far, it does what it says on the tin, and if you want a how-to style guide to help, this
Christy
Whether you've just started blogging or have been blogging for years, this is a book you should get your hands on! It is full of really great information. It's not a book meant to be read through in a single setting, rather a book to be used as a reference guide in your blogging life. The way that the book is laid out is extremely helpful and it makes it easy to find the exact help you need.

The authors have set the book up into a seven day layout which would be most helpful to a new blogger. If
Lexie
May 14, 2013 Lexie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Not quite sure who this is, but just wanted to share because there are bloggers (even seasoned ones) who have given us messages, emails, and notes like this:

"Not only did I think I knew it all this guide showed me things I would have never thought of and it's easy to understand and don't be overwhelmed by the amount of pages because trust me you are going to not want to skip a page whether you think you know what you know. I recommend this book to every blogger out there!! Glad I purchased it!!
Vivian Kirkfield
If you are a novice blogger, a seasoned blogger or just thinking about blogging..this is the book for you!
Well worth the price...just the section on choosing the right headlines will help you get more traffic to your blog.

I found the book simple to read and easy to navigate...and I am no tech-savvy person. I actually brought a copy of this book to the 2013 Asian Festival of Children's Content/SCBWI conference in Singapore this May and used it as a resource for my two panel discussions on bloggin
R.L.
Great book full of ideas for the blog. It's a handy reference for times when ideas are slow in coming.
Michelle Callicott
Michelle Callicott marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Shan White
Shan White marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Katie Currid
Katie Currid marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Tsnong Teuir
Tsnong Teuir marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Antoinette
Antoinette marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Lindsey Hartz
Lindsey Hartz marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Amanda Key
Amanda Key marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Jayde
Jayde marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Rebecca Burnett
Rebecca Burnett marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
Jessica Maxwell
Jessica Maxwell marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Jantine Zandbergen
Jantine Zandbergen marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Srinivas Kadiyala
Srinivas Kadiyala marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Blogging for Creatives: How Designers, Artists, Crafters and Writers Can Blog to Make Contacts, Win Business and Build Success
  • Blog, Inc.: Blogging for Passion, Profit, and to Create Community
  • The Fine Print of Self-Publishing: Everything You Need to Know about the Costs, Contracts, and Process of Self-Publishing
  • Create Your Writer Platform: The Key to Building an Audience, Selling More Books, and Finding Success as an Author
  • Be the Monkey: A Conversation About the New World of Publishing Between Authors Barry Eisler and Joe Konrath
  • Sabrina's Window
  • Quality Software Management: Systems Thinking
  • Cultivating Communities of Practice: A Guide to Managing Knowledge
  • Habitats: Private Lives in the Big City
  • Who am I?: 16 Basic Desires that Motivate Our Actions Define Our Personalities
  • Software in 30 Days: How Agile Managers Beat the Odds, Delight Their Customers, And Leave Competitors In the Dust
  • Does My Goldfish Know Who I Am?: and hundreds more Big Questions from Little People answered by experts
  • The Sound of Loneliness
  • Burqalicious: The Dubai Diaries
  • Are You There Blog? It's Me, Writer
  • Scoot Over, Skinny: The Fat Nonfiction Anthology
  • So Much Time, So Little Change
  • Black Metal: Beyond the Darkness
Lexie Lane is the creator of voiceBoks.com, co-founder of WikiMommy.com, co-owner of The Social Media Panel, LLC., and co-author of the upcoming book, The Blogger's Survival Guide Tips and Tricks for Parent Bloggers Wordsmiths and Enthusiasts.

She began her education in computer science in 1997, but after many changes that took place in her life, she decided to “run with the crowd” and join the rea
More about Lexie Lane...