Start by marking “Darkmoon (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #5)” as Want to Read:
Darkmoon (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #5)

Darkmoon (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles #5)

4.27  ·  Rating Details ·  1,459 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
Rylie Gresham has survived becoming a werewolf, going crazy from silver poisoning, and being hunted by her fiance's family. But that was nothing compared to the challenge Rylie faces now: being pregnant...with twins. And it definitely doesn't help that her fiance's brother has declared himself the father, either.

The brothers, Seth and Abel, are at each other's throat over
Published January 19th 2013 by Red Iris Books

To ask other readers questions about Darkmoon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkmoon

Jul 05, 2013 Kelly rated it it was amazing
I am not kidding IN THE LEAST when I say that this was one intense ride. There's treachery and backstabbing and frontstabbing and side-clawing. Okay, I might have made that last one up. That's what happens when you get carried away by emotion and the constant drain of an adrenaline rush. And this book? It brings the adrenaline.

No fooling, this was an excellent ending to Rylie's story. Her pregnancy throws a few kinks in her already chaotic life and she has to think of both her pack and her babie
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Feb 02, 2013 Merissa (Archaeolibrarian) rated it it was amazing
Now THIS is what I'm talking about!!!! Finally, after being disappointed with the previous 4 books due to their shortness, is a full length story. And my god, does it take you on a breathtaking, fast paced, thrilling journey.

I'm not going to write any spoilers so it's just a short review but this was an epic finale to the series. I know from reading the Author's Note at the end that she hasn't yet finished with these guys and I for one am "over the Moon" about that. I just hope that they are ful
Nov 12, 2014 Shirley rated it it was amazing
When it comes to books in this series, or any other book by this author I could ramble on and on and on… It’s pretty much guaranteed that if I pick up a book by S.M. Reine, it won’t get put down unless I absolutely have no choice. Darkmoon was definitely no exception. I think out of all the books in the Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles series, this one is my favorite.

Darkmoon starts where Red Rose Moon left off. In total and utter chaos… both physical and emotional. I’m not even really sure
Jan 24, 2013 Heather rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2013 Nereid rated it it was amazing
Shelves: werewolves, s-m-reine
The last installment in the lives of Rylie, Seth and Abel has come to a close and it feels like saying goodbye to old friends after following their journey for so long. While some of the twists and turns in the book were not what I expected, I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome although for a moment there I was holding my breath towards the end. The growth and level of understanding between Rylie, Seth and Abel is evident in the last book and the progression has been realistic and not bas ...more
Cain has been taken into custody by Yasir so life should be peaceful now shouldn't it? Not if you're Rylie Gresham it's not.... Seth's been away at college and Rylie and Abel have become much closer whilst running the werewolf sanctuary on Aunt Gwyneth's ranch. Just when everyone thinks they can live in peace, a new enemy emerges as well as an old one returning. The existence of werewolves goes public and a new government department is set up to control the werewolf population. What they don't r ...more
Jan 26, 2015 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2013 Carrie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
This last installment in the Cain Chronicles was definitely bittersweet. It was significantly longer than the other books, so we got a really big dose of plot and characters. I know the that love triangle stretched out 5 (or more) books and that Rylie should have really made a decision before the end of this book, but I'm happy with how the relationships fell into place.

James was a great surprise character in this book, too! I loves me some James, so that was a definite plus. He was his usual m
Aug 26, 2013 Gerd rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shapeshifters, ebook
Sarah Kalaitzidis
Feb 08, 2013 Sarah Kalaitzidis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: werewolves
Where to begin with this awesome ending to the series. I just couldn’t stop reading it, and I loved every moment of this book. S.M. Reine knows how to make people love her werewolves. The ending was a total shocker, and I never saw it coming. At least it is a (sorta) happy ending.

The setting, of course, took place at the Gashham ranch, where it was a werewolf sanctuary for a while now.

The plot was amazing, and I’m glad the author decide to make this volume the longest one, instead of four parts.
Jun 01, 2013 Jacqueline rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2013 Kasey rated it really liked it
So so happy that Rylie and Abel are together at the end of this book. I really loved this book right up until the end. I was ecstatic that Cain was killed because he has been messing around in their lives for far too long. I feel bad for Seth but ultimately I think Rylie made the right choice to be with Abel. It was really obvious especially once you consider all the time that Seth spent away from them. The only reason that this book didn't get a 5 star rating was because of the ending. A) I'm n ...more
Not many books throw the main character into the action pregnant with twins. Even worse, whose babies are they? Poor Alpha Rylie has found herself in this weird predicament. I love that the rivals for her love and progeny are brothers who have love for each other, often to their own detriment. And will these twins be pups or human? So many questions yet so much to do!

Meanwhile, Rylie's aunt is now a zombie. And Cain, the rotten apple from Abel and Seth's mother, is raising--well, Cain! Add to a
Jul 21, 2014 Montana rated it liked it
I would if gone 5 stars but I'm VERY disappointed in Rylies choice she betrays Seth and Chooses is smart alic grumpy disrispectful brother !!! ggrr I'm so anoyid sorry SM I did love the books before thus one but its just really REALLY Not right Rylie and Seth should of had a Happy Ending together and riden of into the sunset !!!:( I'm VERY disapointed :(
Dec 28, 2015 Esmeralda rated it did not like it
I don't know why I liked this series. I like Abel however, I really don't know him. He is annoying and I didn't feel a real connection. I felt bad for Seth he did everything and more for Rylie. Rylie is a bitch. She is clueless and didn't do anything interesting or badass. She was just there to fuck and push the babies out.I skimmed the ending.
Krista James
Mar 03, 2014 Krista James rated it it was amazing
Worth the wait to read

Worth the wait to read

it's bittersweet that the book series has ended. of course, I want to read more. I'm extremely happy with the ending & all the twists & turns along the way. enjoy every word.
Melissa Dixon
Mar 30, 2015 Melissa Dixon rated it it was amazing

This book was just an emotional roller coaster. The turmoil that Rylie went through trying to figure out her feelings for these two remarkable brothers is was kept me glued. I love these books and am on to the next in the series.
Apr 06, 2016 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, s-m-reine
It has been a while since a book has evoked enough emotion to bring me to tears. Can't spoil this series with any details but in the end I was happy that things ended the way I wanted them to.
S.M. Reine's shifter series is hands down one of my favorite shifter series.
Laurie Hopkins
Aug 28, 2016 Laurie Hopkins rated it it was amazing
Another great addition

Love this series, Riley has been through so much, and Seth and Abel have both been by her side. But who will she choose.
Sep 26, 2014 Racheal rated it liked it
I really liked the Cain Chronicles but I really could use more Able and Rylie together....thats my only thing other then that very very good read. Highly recommended.
Sherry Vitaniemi
Jan 12, 2016 Sherry Vitaniemi rated it liked it

They all make so many mistakes along the way. But some things can't be changed and need to just play out to the end.
Catherine Montgomery
Feb 27, 2014 Catherine Montgomery rated it it was amazing

So very glad that Cain got what was coming to him and extremely glad at who got to dish it out!!!
Barbara Duncan
Sep 25, 2014 Barbara Duncan rated it really liked it
Book 5 of wings and moon

I would have liked a happier ending with them all making it to the cave but still a good read
Aug 14, 2013 Ashley added it
An interesting continuation of this story. The ending really surprised me, and then got me all kinds of excited for the next book. From what I understand it's not the same series, but a new one, but I'm not sure. My only issue is that at some point, one of there werewolves is explaining how they were turned, and they say it was their sister. Then Rylie says sorry about your girlfriend... I feel this was something missed in the editing process. But aside from this, I wasn't distracted by any gram ...more
Dec 05, 2015 Renee rated it really liked it
This book series gets you hooked can't put it down
Nov 04, 2015 Elena rated it really liked it
I enjoyed, but I thought the ending felt a bit rushed...
Jan 18, 2013 erinthedreamer rated it it was amazing
Wow. That's really all I can say after that ending. I was not expecting that, I actually thought the real surprise of the book had been ruined in the description by telling us she was having twins, but nope. So glad that it looks like Rylie is growing up, my only complaint about her has been that she's not the best of alphas, she's not a very strong leader, but then she's a teenage girl. Children will make you grow up. Can't wait for more!!
Dec 02, 2014 Lily rated it it was amazing
This whole series of books was just amazing. I couldn't put the books down I just read them all from Six Summer Moon to Darkmoon, one after another.
S.M Rein did a great job on these books. I would totally recommend them to everyone who wants to read a good gripping book with lots of plot twists throughout and amazing characters!
Jan 08, 2013 Hmr28 marked it as to-read
I'd like to read this one but it is not available for the nook. I have many of her other books that I purchased at some point in time from BN for the nook but after a quick look for this one I see that none of them are available anymore. Too bad I remember really liking most of her stuff.
Aug 06, 2014 Charity rated it liked it
This book was great until the end. Yes, it leaves it open for the spin off series but I felt that the ending was rushed and thrown together in the last couple of pages. Granted cliff hangers at the end of the series just annoy me anyway, I like closure.
  • Bye Bye Bloodsucker (Wicked Good Witches #3)
  • Seized (The Pipe Woman Chronicles #1)
  • Enchantment (Spellbound, #3)
  • Apocalyptic Moon (After the Bane, #1)
  • Mending Scars (Others of Edenton, #5)
  • Hungry Ghost (Tales of the Pack, #2)
  • Bound by the Moon
  • Sword of Mercy (La Patron's Sword, #2)
  • New Beginnings (Highland Wolf Clan #3)
  • Claiming His Witch (Feral Breed Motorcycle Club, #3)
  • Black Magic (Howl #4)
  • Dead Spell
  • Werewolf Revenge (Taming the Wolf, #3)
  • Desert Heart
  • Bizarre Life of Sydney Sedrick  (Sydney Sedrick #1)
  • Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)
  • Pride Unleashed (A Wolf's Pride, #2)
  • Fighter (Outsider, #3)
Hi everyone! My name is Sara, and I write urban fantasy and paranormal novels as SM Reine. I collect swords, cat hair, and typewriters (which I do use for writing!). It's a good day when those three things have nothing to do with each other.

If you would like to know the instant my next book is available, you should enlist in my Army of Evil! We have a wicked cool secret handshake, but you'll have
More about S.M. Reine...

Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles (7 books)
  • New Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood Moon Harvest (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #2)
  • Moon of the Terrible (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #3)
  • Red Rose Moon (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #4)
  • Of Wings and Wolves (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #6)
  • Alpha Moon (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #7)

“No sex. No taking care of her pack. No physical activity at all.
Being pregnant was definitely much, much worse than being a werewolf.”
“Rylie’s mind whirled with the mental calculations. It had been over a week since they were separated. How many minutes was that? How many hours? How many years? It didn’t matter, in the end. She opened her arms wide and her kids stepped forward to embrace her. She didn’t care that they were so tall and lanky. It felt right to hold them again. They smelled like family, like pack, and she never wanted to let them go. Rylie’s children had come home.” 1 likes