Start by marking “Blind Faith (Blind Faith #1)” as Want to Read:
Blind Faith (Blind Faith #1)

Blind Faith (Blind Faith #1)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  1,723 ratings  ·  284 reviews
This edition is no longer available

Starting a new job in a new town, veterinarian Carter Reese, makes a house call to a very special client.

Arrogant, moody and totally gorgeous, Isaac Brannigan has been blind since he was eight. After the death of his guide dog and best friend, Rosie, his partnership with his new guide dog, Brady, isn't going well.

Carter tries to help bo
Published January 26th 2013 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Blind Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Faith

Susan

Check out my interview with the author N.R. Walker over at http://loveaffairwithanereader.blogsp...

Sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet...

And because of this:
1) I'm happy to overlook some of the flaws of the book
2) I'm certain more than 1/2 of you will roll your eyes at this book :)
3) I'll probably reread it at some point
4) I'll maintain my uber-sap status
5) I really, really enjoyed this...

Carter is a vet, new in town, good & kind & patient to the core. Isaac is a blind man, with
Karla

4 1/2 Stars!! This didn't just tug on my heart, it pulled really, really hard!

Wow...I never expected this book to have such an effect on me. How could it not? A bitter blind man, a beautiful guide dog and the most amazing, caring, understanding veterinarian...GAAAAAH! The best kind of fluff!!

Isaac lost his sight at the tender age of 8, in a devastating accident. Since then there have been more losses and heartbreak, but the one that has affected him the most, is the loss of his guide dog Rosie.
MiʂħүJѻ
Who better to turn to than NR Walker when you are in a book slump? No one I tell you. No. One.

4.5 stars.

When I first started reading M/M, and before NR Walker became synonymous with “awesome” in my world, this book came up time and time again in Amazon’s recommendations for me. But for whatever reason the idea of reading a book about a blind MC didn't appeal. I was so fucking stupid.

Isaac’s blindness added an extra dimension to the story line that I loved. He dealt with issues of insecurity and
Gigi
NR Walker has done it again! I have fallen in love with every book she has ever written, and this book was no exception.

I absolutely loved Blind Faith and found it to be one of the sweetest M/M romances I have ever read. Dr. Carter Reese, dedicated Veterinarian and all around great guy, was a dream MC hero for Isaac Brannigan, who was dealing with a series of trust issues for humans and canines alike. Dog lovers, like myself, will especially love this romance.

If you love old fashion "courting" i
Simsala
A vet, a blind man, a guard dog = fluff guaranteed.
After a rocky start - the term "older man" used in first person POV was very irritating - but the "old man" said goodbye after a few pages and from then on it was smoothly written cotton candy. I thought all I need to survive are rose-colored glasses, a feather boa and several helpings of Hungarian goulash soup with extra red pepper - as antidote.
But what finally threw me off the candy train were the main characters.
Carter was the epitome of a w
Heller
This was a sweet story but not my favorite from Walker. I enjoyed the slow progression of the romance but found myself, like Carter, a bit frustrated with Isaac's mood swings.

Carter is a veterinarian new to the area and Isaac's guide dog, Brady, is a part of his home visit circuit. There was some cute chemistry and I did like how Carter called Isaac on his moods. There were a few moments that were skipped over that I wish we had seen:

(view spoiler)
Bev
Okaay, so this is the second review I've done today for this book as my other one seems to have disappeared!! I think you need to get your website sorted out GR!!

Another Nic Walker winner

I won't go into the story here because others will do a much better job of reviewing it than me.

Carter & Isaac were a really cute couple, and this book was even more enjoyable because I know that another one is coming out in 8 weeks time (according to the author), BUT my favourite couple is still Lucas and C
deirdre
4 stars . .

thank you to Brandon Shire for bringing this book to my attention. He had me waiting for release day :)

I have been working my way through N.R. Walker's backlist in recent days and enjoying every minute. This one is no exception.

First, the book gets 4 stars because i chose to stay up until 1.35 a.m. to finish. So I must have REALLY LIKED IT!! Keep in mind I have a 2 yr old who likes 5.30 a.m. . . . so 4 hours of sleep. I knew it was coming and did it anyway.

Great MCs. The story is to
MandyM
Nice light tale about veterinarian Carter who falls for the moody Isaac, a blind man having trouble bonding with his new guide dog. Guide dog 'Brady' is the cutest thing in the story!
Camille
1. I was bored.

2. This was extremely vanilla.

3. The writing and dialogue in particular was stiff.

4. Walker shies away from sex. She just tells the reader that BJs etc occurred.

5. Emotionally momentous occasions are off page and are summed up tidily.

6. This story felt insubstantial and shallow.

7. The writing style struck me as being very pedestrian here.

8. I'm happy this was a Lendle loan.

9. I'm over N. R. Walker's work.

10. I don't understand how this could have a sequel.
Cory
I love N.R. Walker and I love her characters. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'm a sucker for guys that love animals. So obviously, I loved Carter from the get go. Isaac...not so much..but he's growing on me.

I loved the dialogue between Carter and Isaac. I liked that they didn't immediately hop into bed and that they took things slowly. I liked that Carter called Isaac on his bullshit.

I thought Mark was awesome and he was quite humorous. He had some great one-liners and I can total
Eva
What can I say... I became a fan of NR Walker.

I loved everything about this beautiful and very sweet romance. This love story has intensity, laughs, a splash of angst and a load of hot loving...

and adorable Brady...

Sweet light M/M romance.

Onto Through These Eyes

Dreamer
3.5 stars. A sweet little m/m romance between vet Carter and blind teacher Isaac plus cute guide dog Brady. The sex scenes are lacking the usual descriptive mechanism.
description
'"What do you look like?"
I frowned. I'd been told once or twice I looked a little like Colin Farrell, but there was no point in admitting that, Isaac would have never seen him either.
"Um, I don't know. Just average, I guess."'

Julie Covington
October 31st BR with Elsbeth and Marco!

N.R. Walker is quickly rising to the top of the MM Author list for me. An author who (so far) includes none of my NO-NOs, creates loving adorable couples, the right amount of angst, sexual tension to make you go weak in the knees and a love for animals who themselves become supporting characters you want to love. I become a swooning mess over the love for these types of stories. If you are looking for sweet story then this is it. These two…

…are jus
Macky ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
*4.5* rounded up.

I really enjoyed this.. was it my favourite of hers... not quite hence the slight drop in rating but its still a keeper.
Isaac and Carter were a lovely couple and Brady was just gorgeous! Who doesn't love a lab - regardless of whether he's a guide dog or not. They always have that warm, fuzzy factor.

Isaac made me want to slap him every now and then.. Stubborn man, but luckily Carter had the right way of dealing with him and I loved how he wouldn't take any crap from him or pand
Elsbeth

BR, October 31st with Julie

Carter is the new vet in town and during his rounds he meets the blind Isaac.

Isaac has been blind since he was eight, lives alone with his guide dog Brady.
There seems to be no connection between the man and the dog...

Carter falls in love with this independant Isaac. This moody, infuriating man....

They were sweet together though!

For me the real stars of the book were the dogs; Brady and Carter's dog Missy...

description

Other reviews of the series:

Through These Eyes (Blind Faith, #2) by N.R. Walker - review Through Thes Eyes (Book
deirdre
4 stars . .

Great MCs. The story is to
Jen
Another fantastically sweet read by Walker! (Or, as I like to call it, medicinal fluff. :-))

I got a bit frustrated with Isaac for the exact reasons Carter did, but I loved him for the same reasons, too. (Er, well okay, maybe not ALL the same reasons! LOL!)

And I got frustrated with Carter after (view spoiler)
Enny
Cute story but there were some things in it that bugged me like that attitude that only anal sex counts as sex or the fact that supposed animal lover Carter lets Isaac get away with not treating his dog Brady right for such a long time just because he's afraid that Isaac will throw another one of his tantrums.
Awilk -never sleeps-
A sweet romance that kept me up until the wee hours of the morning. Two characters I could relate to for the main leads, and a loud best friend I want more of. Add in a pair of adorable dogs amd I was a goner.
I have a feeling I will be reading this one again.
Silkeeeeee
The Blurb From The Author:
"This is a re-release edition
Starting a new job in a new town, veterinarian Carter Reece, makes a house call to a very special client.

Carter tries to help both man and canine through this initiation phase, but just who is leading who?(less)"

Romantic fluff isn't m
Susan65
This is my second attempt at writing a review...the first one just fluttered mysteriously away.

Anyway, this book is too good not to review so I am here to try and capture what I wrote the first go round.

The stars of this story are, by far, Missy and Brady....the dogs.

Coming in a close second is Vet extraordinaire, Carter Reece, his friend Mark, and Issac's sister. Isaac is just so naughty. Yes, you feel bad for him, but that boy needed a serious time-out. He had temper tantrums worse than a 2 y
Tina

I liked the story, but it's definitely not my favorite from N.R. Walker. The MCs acted a bit boring, but the dogs, especially Brady, did it for me. Nice read, thank you!

Edit: Hell, I forgot someone! There was Mark! I would love to read his story. He was quite the hottest character of the story!
Simon
Awww! This was such a cute story. Nothing bad happens, no one is a bigot, no one is stabbed, bashed or killed. Just a cute HEA. Sweet characters, nice little plot although I think Brady-the-guide-dog is my favourite character. Looking forward to book 2 and the release of book 3.
Thomaidha Papa
Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Taking over at the animal clinic after Dr. Fields, Carter also does his house calls for elderly people that can’t go to the clinic and one very special case. That of Issac.

Isaac after being blinded in an accident when eight years old had his life going from one painful encounter to the other. His mother’s death at the same accident, his father’s inability to deal with his loss and his son’s blindness leading to his sui
Stephanie
3.5 stars. This is a very sweet and lovely romance. I liked it but not as much as previous books by the author. It was just a little too sweet. The slight disagreements between the MCs were not enough to keep me interested in the story and I couldn't overlook certain things. I did like the characters, they had really good chemistry. I loved the dogs especially Brady. He was so loyal even though he didn't get any affection from Isaac who was still recovering from the lost of his previous dog Rosi ...more
Arianna
3.25 STARS

description

Isaac Brannigan lost his sight when he was 8 years old in a car accident. Two years have past since he lost his beloved guide dog, Rosie, but Isaac still suffers. After her death, Isaac raise some walls in order to protect himself. Now he has a Labrador, Brady, but he can’t seem to build a connection, refusing to give him love.

Dr. Carter Reese is the new vet who will take care for Brady from now on. Carter moved from Connecticut to start this new job in Boston. He doesn’t know Isaac is
Gina
First off, I love NR Walker books. I have yet to read one I didn’t like, and this one is no exception. I was a happy reader when i reached the last page.

This story was sweet, engaging and romantic. Carter is a vet moving into a new town to take over an existing practice and while making the rounds to meet his home visit clients meets Isaac. Isaac as been blind since an accident at 8 yrs old. While checking over Isaac’s guide dog Brady (at totally sweetheart) he learns quickly that Isaac has a lo
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.65*
Carter the new vet meets and immediately has the hots for prickly-and-slightly-obnoxious-chip-on-his-shoulder Isaac.
Now on the whole, I enjoyed this story, it portrait the things Isaac as a blind person has to deal with and some of the challenges he faces. I could even understand some of his issues with people and being standoffish, but he behaved childish over and over again, and I have to say I also wasn't always impressed with Carter.
The way he behaved after telling Isaac how he felt was
Will Parkinson
This was a charming book. Very low on the angst, high on the humor, and nuclear on the romance.

There is something here that everyone can enjoy, but not everyone will agree on.

The characters all have their own unique personalities.

Carter: A good man, a tad protective and domineering (in a way), but fiercely loyal and loving.

Isaac: He's prickly, I cannot deny that. After losing his sight and having people treat him differently, he's gotten distant and cold. He doesn't trust easily at all. After l
Brandon Shire Fan...: GROUP READ (Feb 1): Blind Faith by N.R. Walker 19 26 Feb 08, 2013 03:43PM
  • Ethan, Who Loved Carter
  • Disasterology 101
  • When One Door Opens
  • One Small Thing (One Thing, #1)
  • Love Comes Silently (Senses, #1)
  • Home Work (Life Lessons, #3)
  • Two Silent Cries
  • Blame It on the Mistletoe
  • Second Chances (Second Chances #1)
  • Speechless (Speechless #1)
  • Frog
  • Aaron (Survivor Stories #1)
  • Never a Hero (Tucker Springs, #5)
  • Plan B
  • I Can See For Miles
  • Too Stupid to Live (Romancelandia, #1)
  • After the End
  • You Get Full Credit For Being Alive
5819370
Who am I?

Good question...

I am many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer.

I have pretty, pretty boys who live in my head, who don't let me sleep at night unless I give them life with words.

I like it when they do dirty, dirty things...but I like it even more when they fall in love.

I used to think having people in my head talking to me was weird, until one day I happened across other writer
More about N.R. Walker...
Sixty Five Hours Elements of Retrofit (Thomas Elkin, #1) Red Dirt Heart (Red Dirt, #1) Point of No Return (Turning Point, #1) Taxes and TARDIS