Start by marking “Uninvolved” as Want to Read:
Uninvolved

Uninvolved

Becka Sherwood has one man in her life: her best friend and roommate Dave. That is exactly how she wants to keep it. Becka has no problem casually dating. It's once things start to get serious that she bails. To Becka, getting serious means trusting someone, and she has zero interest in making that mistake again. What about Nate is different?

Nate Parker doesn't want a girl
Published January 8th 2013 by Carey Heywood (first published January 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Uninvolved, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uninvolved

Never Too Far by Abbi GlinesWethering the Storm by Samantha TowleThe Game Changer by J. SterlingEyes Wide Open by Raine MillerConsumed by Emily Snow
Highly Anticipated Indie Books of 2013
300th out of 1,465 books — 6,898 voters
Hopeless by Colleen HooverFallen Too Far by Abbi GlinesNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesThe Edge of Never by J.A. RedmerskiWanted by Kelly Elliott
Books with covers from Okay Creations
55th out of 152 books — 321 voters

More lists with this book...

Carey Heywood
Dec 29, 2012 Carey Heywood rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mine
I give this book 5 stars! What do you expect? I wrote it. I am very excited to share this story with you all. I hope each of you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I hope to release Uninvolved in Feb 2013. Exact date to come :)
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Dec 28, 2012 Kendall {Book Crazy} rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Something about this book really agitated me but then I really enjoyed it at the same time! I do have to say that it was the main character and also some of the plot that agitated me! I gave it 4 stars though because it was a quick read and I did enjoy some of it and also some of the characters! I did notice a few grammar mistakes though which I have been told is going to be fixed as I got an unedited version! I read this book all in the one sitting which surprised me because I thought that it ...more
Britney
May 17, 2013 Britney rated it really liked it
I have to start by telling you what turned me on to this book. The author posted the following "disclaimer" on her facebook & Amazon page:
Warning: If you like books about virgins who turn bad boys into lap dogs this is not the book for you. In life you don't always get what you want when you want it. This book is about the internal struggle Becka Sherwood has when dealing with that. Have you ever been in a situation when you like someone more than they like you? It sucks, it wrecks your self
Diana Vasquez
Mar 26, 2013 Diana Vasquez rated it did not like it
Shelves: nook-books
This book is total BULLSHIT! Do not read it, it may be the worst book I have ever read. The synopsis thing is all wrong.Becka is NOT a commitment-phobe, just Nate. Becka can not act around a guy for anything, there ar egirls who can and there are girls who are totslly hopeless. Becka had a nice guy who loved her and she messed it up, for what? for one sided orgasms not even sex occured until the last chapter. Then the author has the nerve to write that the cheating was a MISTAKE like fuck that. ...more
Elisha Ruzgal
Jan 15, 2013 Elisha Ruzgal rated it really liked it
Ooh. That is a very nice cover.

I've read the unrevised edition, but I would gladly read it again and post my review soon ;)

~

A new review because the story had been revised and I like it more this way.

Although there was still not much of Nate than the unrevised edition, I think I like his character here more. He didn't actually get to redeem himself completely, but the epilogue covered that up.

I also like that, in this revision, Dave seems to care more for Becka. Though he still sucks at giving a
Kathy
Jan 12, 2013 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Uninvolved immediately brought to mind an old Waylon Jennings song called Lookin' for Love. To me, this song fits Becka perfectly.

I've spent a lifetime looking for you
Single bars and good time lovers, never true
Playing a fools game, hoping to win
Telling those sweet lies and losing again.

I was looking for love in all the wrong places
Looking for love in too many faces
Searching your eyes, looking for traces
Of what.. I'm dreaming of...
Hopin' to find a friend and a lover
God bless the day I discover
A
Tasha
Sep 17, 2016 Tasha rated it really liked it
I saw quite a few BAD reviews but I skipped over them and decided to read the book on my own. This book isn't like what I would normally read but it was worth it to read it. This is the story of two people with unresolved issues of the heart who meet by chance and together weave a web of confusion that draws many people in and causes everyone misery. Does this sound like a downer? Not really. The main characters are people we all have known, people who have been hurt and built up defenses to ...more
Christina Lyn
Jan 31, 2013 Christina Lyn rated it it was ok
Sadly after finish reading this book I founf it very doubtful. Most of the time while I'm reading this is I just flipping most of the pages, I started to hate Becka when she cheated on Kyle who for me is much hotter and 10x good guy than Nate. They had "almost sex" but one thing I don't understand is that why Nate always leaving when they started to have sex? At first I thought he was gay or something but then again I like Kyle than Nate. Kyle even introduce Becka to his parents and to his ...more
Della
Jan 26, 2013 Della rated it it was amazing
When I first started reading this I did think like one of the other reviewers that it was going to be rubbish and I did get really frustrated with the two leads,but as I got into the book I thought it was very realistic and that people did actually behave like the characters in the book.Very funny and a really good read.
Heather andrews
Apr 16, 2013 Heather andrews rated it really liked it
Nate seems to be a flirty guy, "Well, um, I'm actually in my car right now. Depending on what your address is, I can probably be there in like five minutes. Is that too soon? Besides, you really don't have to get dressed on my account." Becka and Nate's relationship is just weird to me, I mean I guess it's complicated both have commitment issues but good lord she did/does have a right to be upset is after doing the nasty he always ups and leaves I mean that must put a damper on your self esteem, ...more
Laura Basaldua
I know that this book has gotten some bad reviews for cheating but OMG Im @ 52% and all I can think is how in the world did anyone get through this book?!?!? to even rate it and complain about the cheating because the cheating part isnt even an issue I mean she doesnt have a committed relationships with anyone! but she has a few guilty moments so maybe the people that ranted on it for that reason took her few moments of caring serious ..

Anyways its told in 3rd person and not well.I feel more lik
Sara
Jan 27, 2013 Sara rated it liked it
Isii St. Clair
Feb 11, 2015 Isii St. Clair rated it it was ok
le puse 2, pero creo que era un 2.5.
lo primero que no me gustó, fue la protagonista, era un poco... que se dejaba llevar mucho por el sexo, y eso me molestaba, además que de tomó muchas malas decisiones.
También habían momentos en los que era mucha narración, solo narración. a mi me gustan los diálogos, y que las cosas se lo digan directamente, no el que él naador diga "entonces, esta persona dijo esto, a lo que ella contesto esto!" y después siguen con los diálogos.
también abbia un problema con
Melodie Ramone
Jan 21, 2013 Melodie Ramone rated it it was amazing
Uninvolved is the second novel by author Carey Heywood. It is the story of two people with unresolved issues of the heart who meet by chance and together weave a web of confusion that draws many people in and causes everyone misery. Does this sound like a downer? Not really. The main characters are people we all have known, people who have been hurt and built up defenses to avoid ever being hurt again. Yet they are lonely, desperate almost for companionship, and are terrified when they meet ...more
Akilah Raines
Apr 18, 2013 Akilah Raines rated it liked it
There's a reason why this book was put on the back burner for so long! It was just ok & I thought maybe I'll like this because it's always the unexpected ones BUT not this time. It started out so slow. In fact it didn't really get my full attention until 50% in ....There's a reason why this book was put on the back burner for so long! It was just ok & I thought maybe I'll like this because it's always the unexpected ones BUT not this time. It started out so slow. In fact it didn't really ...more
Kathryn Adair
Oct 04, 2014 Kathryn Adair rated it liked it
Good book! Love nate but wanted to slap him most of the book.
becka was a little over the top but i loved that about her. i feel bad for poor kyle poor guy ill take him! loved the chemistry between becka and nate. loved the ending alot! i had to give it 3 stars it hurts but poor kyle! my heart broke for the poor guy. i love how close her friends are with her how they are there for each other.
Read this!!!!!!
Nikki Mahood
Jan 12, 2013 Nikki Mahood rated it it was amazing
After reading A Bridge of Her Own I was really looking forward to this book and once I started reading it, got through it in one afternoon. I love how real the characters are, even to the point where I wanted to give Jane a slap to point her in the right direction. Its got guys you can swoon over and a really unpredictable storyline, I have to admit I thought it was going to end differently!! A brilliant book I strongly recommend!
Very
Jul 11, 2013 Very rated it did not like it
Dieses Buch ist überhaupt nicht wie "Him". man kommt nicht wirklich in die Geschichte rein und ist nach ca der Hälfte nur noch genervt von beca. Nate ist jetzt auch nicht wirklich sympathisch und weckt in mir den Wunsch das er durch Dave ersetzt wird.
Werd das Buch auch nicht fertig lesen.....das ist natürlich nur meine Meinung und jedem dem das Buch/Handlung und Personen gefallen den kann ich auch verstehen. Zum Glück ist es als ebook nicht teuer gewesen.
Tabitha Wilson
Aug 05, 2016 Tabitha Wilson rated it it was amazing
I LOVE everything Carey writes but this is on a whole different level! This story encompasses everything a woman goes through when we try to get over a guy by moving on but just can’t. I feel for Becka because she seems like she genuinely didn’t want to hurt Kyle but she also couldn’t completely let go of Nate even though Nate was hot and cold all the time. All I can say is that I want to read more of Becka and Nate!
Teresa
Dec 26, 2014 Teresa rated it liked it
Confesso que fiquei um pouco desiludida com este livro.
Creio que mais de metade do livro torci pelo Kyle e não pelo Nate, que durante o livro todo parece mais um fantasma que um personagem, que não parece minimamente interessado, inclusive a forma como reage ao saber da relação com o Kyle é francamente decepcionante.
Esperava mais e talvez por isso ficou este sentimento de insatisfação.
Tracy Trixy
Feb 12, 2014 Tracy Trixy rated it liked it
I love Carey Heywood, but i didn't like this book.
I got to 46% and had difficulty continuing... I didn't like the character Becka, she was annoying and selfish and a pain in the backside. Dave had the potential but was used as a side character, as were her supposed friends Crystal and Lucy. I spent most of the time reading this wishing it would hurry up and finish. Next!
Kelly
Jan 30, 2013 Kelly rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, ok yea there where some parts in this book where I could of hit becka and yea she was selfish especially when she was play around with people's hearts, the things that nate did I would of told him what for, but he seem like a very nice guy who also doesn't want to get hurt so I could understand his feeling and why he did those things after reading more of the book.
Chelsea
Feb 03, 2013 Chelsea rated it liked it
Hmmmmmmmm...
This booked annoyed me.
First off, Becka was a bitch. A selfish, narcissist who talked and thought of herself constantly.
Nate, i loved. He wasn't the perfect knight in shining armour but was hot enough to be mentioned.
As for the style of writing, it was weird. I don't know how to explain it but i found it plain and average.
Good storyline though.
Daydream Books
I enjoyed the book, must say some of the other reviews are way too bitchy but that seems commonplace on goodreads. Yes Becka has questionable morals but it is not like she is the first person to do what she did. It is realistic. Dont understand why people seem to have such a problem with realism in books
Becki
Aug 03, 2013 Becki rated it really liked it
The storyline was good but I don't think Nate's side of the story got enough progression. It was just very much oh she cheated on me. I also think the tense that the book was written in really limited where the book could go, because it was written as if the reader is looking in it becomes very disjointed and just urgh.
Danielle
Mar 09, 2013 Danielle rated it it was ok
At first I enjoyed the book but then as the book progressed I found myself skimming through the book. Personally between Nate and Kyle, I would have picked Kyle. Nate was a complete jerk and found myself getting annoyed with his character pretty early on in the book. Beca is an idiot for her attitude and behavior, although she did try and make amends towards the end. Too little too late
Mya A.
Jan 21, 2013 Mya A. rated it really liked it
I thought this book was awesome but the main character,Becka, was weak and I really don't like her. She lets this guy string her along while shes doing the same with this really sweet guy. Overall it was a upsetting but great read.
Cindy
Feb 04, 2013 Cindy rated it really liked it
Rita
Aug 19, 2013 Rita rated it did not like it
When you're always talking about the same girl in a paragraph is not necessary to write her name all the time. The continual repetition of the name makes reading tedious. This is not the first book written by this author. Then why she writes so poorly?
Michelle Lee
Jul 09, 2013 Michelle Lee rated it liked it
I loved reading Him so much I gave this book a shot. I liked it, but I so wanted to smack Becka so much; I just wanted to shake her too much. Maybe if I ever had the dilemma of deciding between to men I probably would be able to relate to her more. I did enjoy it. A quick read.
  • Fire in Her Eyes (Young Love, #2; Summer Love, #1)
  • All the Right Moves
  • Luck of Love (Luck, #1)
  • Searching for Neverland
  • The Invisible Arab: The Promise and Peril of the Arab Revolutions
  • The Next Forever (Pretty Amy, #1.5)
  • Happenstance (A Second Chance, #1)
  • What You Do to Me (Unexpected Love, #1)
  • Chasing After Infinity
  • Picture Perfect
  • The Arab Uprising: The Wave of Protest that Toppled the Status Quo and the Struggle for a New Middle East
  • Second Rate Chances
  • Yours to Savor
  • Love Like Fireworks (Love Like Fireworks, #1)
  • Love Me If You Dare (Safe Haven, #2)
  • Never Enough (Enough #1)
  • Cherry Popper