Start by marking “The Crowns Vengeance” as Want to Read:
The Crowns Vengeance

The Crowns Vengeance (Parker Chase #2)

For 300 years, America has been under assault, the enemy silent, unseen.

In the august halls of the Ivy League, a scholar uncovers shocking evidence of an unimaginable betrayal.

Professor Erika Carr uncovers a Revolutionary era espionage report, lost for centuries in a cache of Alexander Hamilton's private documents. Dr. Carr is stunned when she discovers the intelligence re
Paperback
Published December 21st 2012 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about The Crowns Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crowns Vengeance

Toni Roush
Some good, some stupid

First let me say that the entire underlying plot of the book is intriguing. The American greed is a likely candidate as any for bringing down the county. However, using England to do so was a rather low blow.
Where the book starts to crumble is during one of the ridiculously numerous shoot-outs and assassination attempts. And then to hear that the prior book in the series contains the same thing ... too much of a stupid thing is still stupid. I get it that the author want
Karen
Dec 28, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-request
My thoughts... This is without a doubt a five star read!! Once again Clawson does not disappoint... in his second novel of amateur sleuthing with Erika Carr and Parker Chase they find themselves in the midst of danger when Erika receives 300 year-old documents authored by the legendary Paul Revere. This is the second book by author Andrew Clawson. He brings twice the adventure and historical intrigue with the revolutionary espionage that comes to light through Parker and Erika's investigation of ...more
Randy Grossman
Nov 16, 2014 Randy Grossman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Movie material

Very good story! I kept thinking of the movie National Treasure as I was reading. And thank you Andrew Clawson for writing a book without using any overt foul language....not ONE F bomb!
Michael
May 25, 2017 Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story

Very good story keeps you turning the page. Enjoyed the characters and the history. Look forward to the next book
Gabriella Gricius
Why I Read: This book has been on my radar for quite some time. I picked it off one of those book deal newsletters and hadn’t read it in months. But now that winter is here and time is nothing if not free, it was the perfect time to indulge.

Review: If there’s something I love more than anything in a pulp fiction, it’s conspiracy. ‚The Crown’s Vengeance‘ delivers that by the bucketload. I’ve never read the first book in the series which follows the two characters, Erika and Parker, on yet another
Antara Mann
Nov 22, 2014 Antara Mann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would raet this book somewhere 3.5. I liked the style, it's very fast-paced, which I like. It reads and feels like a Hollywood blockbuster - the hero, the villain. I have a few remarks such as silly spelling mistakes which even I whom native language is not English noticed and some issue at the end. Like how did Nick learn where Chase and Carr were or what happened with Nigel Sterling? Yet the book kept me hooked. The story plot is all about over a two hundred years old conspiracy secret dated ...more
Marley
Dec 04, 2014 Marley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this book more than I really did. I just had a hard time believing that a handful of elite Brits have carried a 230 year grudge against the US in the name of King George III, for winning the war. Did like the lecture at the end of how the US is a decadent country, but it seemed strange coming from the English who aren't exactly something to write home about.

The historical conspiracy was rather intriguing, though I had hoped the conspiracy was going to be the reveal that Alexande
Bob
Jun 19, 2015 Bob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Back in the time of the American revolution a group of British citizens of wealth and standing form a cabal to retake the colonies by economic means. Now in the present their successors are about to release their latest attempt. Erika Carr a scholar at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia is working on a grant researching some newly discovered artifacts fro Alexander Hamilton. She finds a letter from Paul Revere written in code. When her friend Parker Chase, a financial advisor joins h ...more
Melanie Gorman
Dec 01, 2014 Melanie Gorman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally enlightening

What better way to delve into the intricacies of big banking than by storytelling ! Mr. Clawsen has done this service admirably. Unraveling a little of this information has led me to want to investigate the economics of banking and the stock exchange as it affects our country and the world. Being informed is the responsibility of each citizen. How else can we keep an eye on the 'big guy's handling our finances and some politicians who would like to 'handle' it as well !? Look
Marcia
Feb 13, 2015 Marcia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner

I guess I am a sucker for historical fiction. The plots are always plausible and filled with interesting historical trivia about the historical figure who is central to the case. I enjoyed this one as much as the his first book and I look forward to reading book 3.
The first book's main historical figure was George Washington. This one cantered around Paul Revere. The next one will revolve around Alexander Hamilton.
booksthrubifocals
A week's worth of adrenaline with some to spare!

Political thriller involving a 200 year old plot to take revenge on England's former American colonies, whom King George blamed for the downfall of the British empire. Chase and Carr dodge death by assassin while uncovering a conspiracy to destroy the U.S. economy. Can they overcome overwhelming odds in time to prevent another depression and live to see the outcome?
Marty Mayer
Feb 07, 2015 Marty Mayer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent! He is spot on st the end when he (Clawson) warns that economies are the hearts of countries and can easily be damaged. His writing is lucid and energizing. His ability to write intriguingly about complex financial matters reminds me of Paul Erdman's novels from several decades ago. I will definitely read his other two Erika and Parker novels.
Felicia Tatum
Mar 13, 2013 Felicia Tatum rated it it was amazing
Wow, I was sooo excited when Andrew asked me to review this book. I absolutely loved the first story about Parker and Erika and couldn't wait to read more! This one is just as exciting and fast paced as the first, with new adventures flying at the couple in every turn. I truly hope there will be more stories about these two, and Nick also, in the future!
Glenda Griffin
Apr 13, 2015 Glenda Griffin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Crown s Rengeance

It is sad but it is true that our nation is heading for a fall from greatness as former great nation's have done in the past from our infra structure rotting from within from greed. Will man ever learn from past mistakes, probably not. This novel was reverting, it held me captivated, holding my breath and anticipating every moment.
Kevin
Feb 23, 2015 Kevin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the premise and the characters of this book. Plot kept my attention and kept me looking forward to picking up the book and seeing what was going to come next. Now have to read Andrew's first book to catch up on these two and put everything into perspective.
Kelley
Nov 19, 2014 Kelley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining but...

Story is unique but told in a way that is predictable. Still, it is entertaining and educational re history and finance.
April Lemen
Feb 17, 2015 April Lemen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

I haven't read the first book, but this was really good. I enjoyed the fast paced action and the historic plotline. Sort of scary to think about being real.
Joyce Sisler
Mar 17, 2015 Joyce Sisler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great as the first

I loved this one as much as book one. Mr Clawson does an awesome job with history and fiction. It especially hits home after the 2008 stock market mess.
Chaplain Stanleigh Chapin
TOO many coincidences

There some in everyone's life, but here they become way over whelming. Plus in the end they become almost unconstrained.
Joel Ungar
Nov 22, 2014 Joel Ungar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Formulaic but an enjoyable and easy read.
Christina
I kept confusing the characters up at the beginning, but sorted it out. Parts were exciting, but not a super compelling can't wait to see what happens, big surprise kind of read.
Justin
Dec 02, 2014 Justin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little sluggish and financially preachy in places,but moved pretty quick and generally a good read.
Su
Jun 09, 2015 Su rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An ok read based on a theoretical 200 year old conspiracy to bring the USA to it's knees.
Allie
Opposite of the first one: weaker premise, but better writing. Until the end of course, but I can deal with an overly dramatic ending
Diane
Diane rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2015
Sharon Kennedy
Sharon Kennedy rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Bruce
Bruce rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2014
Ed White
Ed White rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2015
Peter
Peter rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Bill Keppel
Bill Keppel rated it it was ok
May 24, 2016
  • The History Thief: Ten Days Lost (The Sterling Novels, #2)
  • Beyond A Reasonable Death (Thaddeus Murfee Legal Thriller, #2)
  • Splicer
  • The Phoenix Apostles (A Seneca Hunt Mystery #1)
  • Secret of the Thorns
  • Golden Chariot
  • The Nazi Hunter: A Novel
  • The Metronome ( The Counterpoint Trilogy, 1)
  • Thursday at Noon
  • A Deadly Distance (Jack Noble, #2)
  • Tin City Tinder (Boone Childress Mysteries)
  • America's Trust
  • Mad Dog Justice
  • Presidential Shift (Corps Justice, #4)
  • Origins
  • Fallen (A Leopold Blake Thriller #5)
  • Schooled (Lexy Cooper Mystery #1)
  • The Case of Moomah's Moolah (Richard Sherlock Whodunit #2)
Andrew Clawson is the author of a series of thrillers starring Parker Chase.
He lives in Pennsylvania. You can learn more about Andrew and his upcoming novels at his website, andrewclawson.com.
More about Andrew Clawson...

Parker Chase (3 books)
  • A Patriot's Betrayal
  • Dark Tides Rising (Parker Chase Book 3)