Start by marking “Economia Para Dummies = Economics for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Economia Para Dummies = Economics for Dummies

Economia Para Dummies = Economics for Dummies (For Dummies)

Grasp the history, principles, theories, and terminology of economics with this updated bestsellerSince the initial publication of "Economics For Dummies" in 2005, the U.S. has endured a number of drastic changes and events that sent its economy into a tailspin. This newly revised edition presents updated material about the recent financial crisis and the steps taken to re ...more
Published 2006 by Grupo Editorial Norma (first published April 8th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Economia Para Dummies = Economics for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Economia Para Dummies = Economics for Dummies

Dachokie
Jul 29, 2011 Dachokie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
Great Source of Information, but Dummies Beware ...

This book was reviewed as part of Amazon's Vine program which included a free advance copy of the book.

Having accumulated several of the "for Dummies" books over the years, I find that they offer a great base knowledge of information on a wide variety of subjects and are very useful as a reference. That being said, some topics are a little too "meaty" to simplify so easily ... and I would have to include economics as one of those topics.

Althoug
Annie
Feb 08, 2017 Annie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The one and only economics class I ever took was in high school. It was one semester, and it was taught by a history teacher. Plus, it was taught to a class of mindless Catholic girls, some of whom were under the impression that Sarah Palin was the president (from the bottom of my heart, I wish I were making this up).

But here I am bumbling through the world with zero knowledge of a highly relevant topic, making an idiot out of myself whenever the topic comes up, or else avoiding it entirely and
Michael
What can I say--it explains terms I need to know.
James
Oct 10, 2011 James rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so I've gotten over being offended by the title of the books. Once that was put behind me, I was able to get something out the work.

I love economic theory, so anything dealing with a semi-tangible whose direction is determined by psychology and human behavior is easily palatable to me.
Steven
Oct 25, 2012 Steven rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been interested in understanding more about economics, so I picked this book up. My angle was to understand better the principles of economics. Though this book addressed those principles and explained them quite well, I felt it spent too much time with math and formulas to try and explain those principles.
Ryan Swensen
Sep 28, 2008 Ryan Swensen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. I never took an economics class in high school or at university. I decided to read this book part way through reading Alan Greenspan's "The Age Of Turbulence" book so that I could get a better appreciation of what he was trying to convey. This book did that and them some. I highly recommend it for anybody seeking to understand economics simply and effectively.
Charles Terry
If you don't like numbers, formulas, ratios, and probabilities then avoid this book. But, if you love em like I do then you MUST read this book.
Sahar Abdel-Hameed
It is my first book on economics. I found it to be very helpful, simple and interesting. It gave me a pretty fair overview on the subject.
Diogo Jesus
Jul 11, 2016 Diogo Jesus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good to explain practical parts and simplify some jargon. I really must be a dummy
Feb 06, 2017 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Clear, easy to read explanation of basic economics. Especially interesting at this time because of the current president's emphasis on protectionism. This book does repeat itself quite a bit, which you may find useful in learning the concepts presented. There are some simple formulas and graphs in this book which I felt improved the understanding of some concepts.
I read an older edition of this book, 2005.
J.P.
Jan 11, 2014 J.P. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this is another great entry in the "For Dummies" series. It's good introduction for the layperson into how the economy works. I decided to read it after hearing various opinions on how certain policies should be handled, how the government handles money & the economy & because of the "Great Recession" as it has been called. I also decided to read it out of genuine curiosity because I once took an economics class & my "professor" said that all you needed was an opinion, which ...more
Stefany
Aug 10, 2011 Stefany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes, I rated this 5 stars. I took Microeconomics earlier this summer and am studying for the Macroeconomics CLEP test, which I have scheduled for a couple weeks from now. I used this book to help me with some of the concepts I need. I think that the examples used in it are very clear to understand. They are also entertaining. If you have never taken an economics course, you ought to read this book. It was written before this recession hit, and explains all about monetary and fiscal policy and ho ...more
Wilda
Oct 22, 2010 Wilda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Helps me understand economics in a way I never could before in college. It's like a whole new world has opened up to me. Now I read and listen to the news and actually understand what certain things mean and get the implications of certain fiscal and monetary policies. Very enjoyable read with just the right amount of sense of humor. The author (fellow Berkeley alum) breaks it down in such an easy way that even a dummy in economics like myself understood every marginal cost curve. Every person s ...more
Brandi
Mar 06, 2014 Brandi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: economics
After a scheduling error, I found myself in Macroeconomics 2 instead of Macroeconomics 1. Not wanting to lose any of my other classes, I decided not to correct my schedule and decided to just keep the class. When it started, I found myself not understanding a lot of the basic terms and concepts the professor would discuss, so I ordered this book. It helped a lot, especially when studying for the exams. It explained everything in a much clearer fashion than the textbook we were using. I would hig ...more
Andrew Shaffer
Jun 24, 2015 Andrew Shaffer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Based on the other reviews on Amazon, I picked up this book to assist me with a graduate economics course after realizing that I was way in over my head. I'd never had an economics course before, so this book had to substitute for the undergraduate education that I was lacking. The verdict? I read it in one weekend, and caught up to speed in my grad class the next week. Definitely worth the investment.
Aaron Manley
Jun 09, 2016 Aaron Manley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is your basic economics 101 textbook, boiled down to the basics and sans all the practice problems and research fluff. It'll give you a good idea about what you're working with if you want to do further economic research/learning, but it's perfectly fine as a introduction on it's own. The real important part is that the essentials of economics that most people agree on are presented in a digestible and non-partisan fashion. Also, relevant real-world examples, which is good for learning.
Tali Pelier
This book does what it promises to do, which is provide an effective introduction to economics. I will note, however, that I ended up skipping over the sections that went in-depth about the graphs and math because I wasn’t looking for that so much as the basic principles of economics - just something to help me understand further readings.
Shannon
May 14, 2013 Shannon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-mba
Avery interesting read and not what I expected. I actually enjoyed this book. Well, 75% of it. I will never like algebra and graphing. However, I did learn a lot and feel I have a much better understanding of what Economics is. I'm ready to start this MBA already.
Victor Faletutulu
I did not take economics in High school or university, however my Job in policy requires basic understanding of economic principles. This book made it easy to understand the law of supply and demand, scarcity etc in really simple terms. Great help
Adam
May 07, 2015 Adam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great explanation of the basics, accompanied by what I felt was a very balanced approach to markets vs. government intervention (benefits and drawbacks of each). Would strongly recommend if you're interested in learning basic economics in a less technical, mathy way.
Andy
Jan 20, 2009 Andy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's strange to choose "really liked it" for an economics book, and especially for a "For Dummies" book, but this presented the subject matter in a very understandable manner, without being ideological in a "the market is always right" sort of way.
Viridiana
Esperaba explicaciones del funcionamiento de la economía que no se basasen en gráficos... Una fórmula matemática que ha sido deducida a partir de la realidad no puede convertirse en la explicación de esa realidad. No creo que haya aprendido mucho.
Jrobertus
It has been a long time since I took econ in college. Given the time spent worrying today about the economy I needed an update. I whipped through this as a kind of refresher and found it useful.It made no mention of the guns and butter classic lessons, but was otherwise clear and timely.
Mckinley
May 06, 2012 Mckinley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, ref, economy
1/3 through before had to return.
Good review/overview. First part focuses on microeconomics. Next part is macroeconomics.
Darcy Stewart
Oct 18, 2010 Darcy Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great guide if planning to take the AP Macro and Micro economics tests. Economics is explained very well in this book. It's short and left out a lot of blah, blah, blah.
Aaron
May 14, 2009 Aaron rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great introductory text, especially for those of us who wasted our education by never taking an Econ course. Read it through in relatively little time, and never got bored.
Nicole
Oct 11, 2008 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Economics Newbies
Recommended to Nicole by: God
Not bad. It is the down and dirty way to get a head start on my Micro Econ class. 1500 page paper due on Monday. Blah...
Abby
Not bad. It's like taking Econ 101. I'm better with understanding words so I just skipped all of the algebra and accompanying graphs.
Crystal
Oct 01, 2012 Crystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Good basic overview.

Very light from a mathematical standpoint and definitely biased, but a good overview or preview for future students or those interested in grasping basic economics.
James Violand
May 21, 2011 James Violand rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: economic students
Shelves: own
I used this as a review for the economic classes I had in college long ago. It helped me on my Praxis exam to teach the subject
  • Spanish for Dummies
  • Canadian History for Dummies
  • Judaism for Dummies
  • Mormonism for Dummies

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

For Dummies (1 - 10 of 104 books)
  • Accounting for Dummies
  • Bartending For Dummies
  • Biochemistry for Dummies
  • Bipolar Disorder for Dummies
  • Blogging for Dummies

“Economics is the science that studies how people and societies make decisions that allow them to get the most out of their limited resources.” 0 likes