Start by marking “The New Healing Herbs: The Classic Guide to Nature's Best Medicines Featuring the Top 100 Time-Tested Herbs” as Want to Read:

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  8 reviews
An Essential Update of the Classic Herb Reference With Over 1 Million Copies in Print!

A decade ago, The Healing Herbs set the standard for consumer guides to herbal medicine. This newly revised, expanded edition takes you to the cutting edge of herb research-- and shows you how to get the most from nature's oldest remedies.

Whether you're a first-time herb user or experienc...more
Published April 21st 2001 by Rodale Books (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The New Healing Herbs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Healing Herbs

Bella
Great resource. Only thing is that I couldn't find the lavender. Other that, I love it and want to buy a copy (my version was from the library).
StrangeBedfellows
Perhaps not the best book on herbs, but definitely an informative resource. Easy to navigate, this book contains a huge listing of herbs and their properties, preparation notes, cautionary notes, and more. I'm not always happy with the images and physical descriptions, but I've always been glad I purchased this.
Anjie Brown
This one is really good as a reference book. It has an encyclopedia-like section that gives detailed descriptions of what each herb can be used for and bunches of recomendations. I got it from the library, but I'm going to buy my own copy.
Kimberly
Comprehensive, gives studies to back up claims, talks about history, describes various treatments. A great reference book for anyone granola or not.
Maggie Fout
This is an awesome guide! Really easy to understand and very encompassing!
Jamie
Probably the best and most extensive guide to herbs I've ever read.
Kadrina
This book is great for the beginner in working with herbs.
Renee Marie
no-nonsense (nearly) complete catalog of herbs, their history, uses, and contraindications. For those of us who need a 'dummy' book on herbs, I recommend reading this oldie but goodie.
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Katelyn Bridges
Katelyn Bridges marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Mary Moore
Mary Moore marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Jennifer Varnadore
Jennifer Varnadore marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Bookchick
Bookchick marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Amber Pursley
Amber Pursley marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Jeana Small
Jeana Small marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Karin Sørensen
Karin Sørensen marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Tonette Skala
Tonette Skala is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2014
Emily Nicklas
Emily Nicklas marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Michael Castleman is the author of three previous Ed Rosenberg novels: The Lost Gold of San Francisco, Death Caps, and A Killing in Real Estate. He lives in San Francisco.
More about Michael Castleman...
The New Healing Herbs: The Essential Guide to More Than 125 of Nature's Most Potent Herbal Remedies Killer Weed: An Ed Rosenberg Mystery Nature's Cures There's Still a Person in There: The Complete Guide to Treating and Coping with Alzheimer's Blended Medicine: The Best Choices in Healing