Start by marking “Engulfed (North Wing, #1)” as Want to Read:
Engulfed (North Wing, #1)

Engulfed (North Wing Trilogy #1)

Troubled, abandoned and left for dead in the high society of the North Wing, Ebony Falls continues to live her life haunted by her past. Even living in a mansion with a movie star foster mother, she can only think of the night that changed her life forever.

And it all started with the boy with golden eyes.

Accepting the task of saving the life of Ebony Falls, Guardian Angel
Published July 15th 2014 by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Engulfed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Engulfed

Marni
Apr 18, 2014 Marni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish to thank the author for providing me a complimentary copy of her book in exchange for an honest review.

At first, when I saw the book, I was surprised because another book had come out recently with the exact same cover. I’ve noticed this trend increasing lately and I must say it’s not a fav of mine. The cover models are also a bit older than the actual characters in the book itself and may turn off some readers.

The story intrigued me from the start. I wanted to know the characters so muc
Jamie Turner-norton
Jan 27, 2014 Jamie Turner-norton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, amazeballs
I could NOT put this book down once I started it and devoured it within just a couple hours. Very likable characters (even when you should hate a certain sexy badboy, you just can't) Engulfed leaves you wanting more and I can see this being a series of books that I never want to end!! I loved Nick and his total devotion to protecting Ebony even though there were times I wanted him to get the stick out of his butt and go after what he wants. I cannot wait for the next book. <3
Crystal Mays
Feb 18, 2014 Crystal Mays rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely riveting read!

kept my attention the ENTIRE book! Barbara C. Doyle rocks!!!
can't wait to read more from her......:)two thumbs up...Absolutely loved!!
Megan
Jan 29, 2014 Megan rated it really liked it
I personally have a great fondness for this book. Right from the beginning it draws you in and builds up relationships with each and every character until you feel as though you know exactly who they are. Then, when you think you know them, it makes you second guess everything you believe about them. Nothing is quite what it seems when you wind through the pages. Each chapter brings a new twist, a new piece to the puzzle that ever so slowly becomes clear as you near the end.

Don't thing you know
Stephanie
Apr 10, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, read-to-reviews
I got this book free on Kindle and have agreed to do a review for the blog tour, and to be totally honest I was not really to sure what I was gonna think about this one, I have kinda grown tiered of the Angel vs Demons fight and I was expecting that from this book, but I was mistaken, of course the core idea is there and it is addressed more than once but it was a much different plot idea and I was taken by surprise by how much I enjoyed it. The speed in which I raced through the book proves ...more
Hayley Guertin
Dec 26, 2015 Hayley Guertin rated it it was amazing
Engulfed was a wonderful book. I love the storyline, and meeting all of the different characters with different character traits and quirks. Barbara did a wonderful job with this novel. I couldn't put it down! The storyline was honestly really well planned out.

I loved meeting the different characters. Due to the story, their characteristics were easily found. They were all fun to get to know, and I enjoyed finding out each of their pasts. My favorite character is Cadan. His badass personality a
Melissa Somoza
Sep 26, 2013 Melissa Somoza rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a proof of Engulfed by its wonderful author, Barbara C. Doyle. As soon as it arrived I was ecstatic because I enjoy reading about angels. In Engulfed, Barbara created her own names for the angels, fallen angels, rulers, Heaven, and Hell. I really loved how she changed the names to Handler or Healer. It made it more unique and original. Ebony being a Mixed Blood has tipped the balance of the Light Realm and Dark Realm and she must journey to discover her true bloodlines and learn ...more
Tiffany Stevens
Feb 21, 2014 Tiffany Stevens rated it it was amazing
I was given this book to give my honest opinion. Let me just say that this book was totally awesome. You have everything that makes a great story. Ebony (The MC) is thrown into a world that she only though existed when you die. Might sound a bit morbid but one minute she is throwing a high school party and the next she enters the world of Demons and Angels. Only she doesn't know which one is worst. There is a secret that binds everyone around her with their silence but once the truth unfold you ...more
Terri Sullivan
Apr 16, 2014 Terri Sullivan rated it really liked it
* A gifted copy was provided by author/publisher for an honest review. *

I am not normally a fan of paranormal novels. Barbara C Doyle has done what no one has ever done before. Gotten me to read her story and get into it so much that I could not put it down! She brings all of her characters to life on each and every page. It was enjoyable to figure out the character traits of each character, and to follow the twists and turns in the plot lines. A very well written and easy to read novel.
Kami

Ebony can feed on people's negativity. She also has visions of an angel that is protecting her. There are similarities with Beautiful Creatures, in that Ebony will be claimed by either the light or the dark. There are two sexy dudes vying for her attention: Cadan and Nicholas. This is a well written story. The pacing was good and I found the characters interesting and likeable. 4 stars
Denise
Mar 13, 2014 Denise rated it really liked it
This novel is a good paranormal romance/drama/suspense. This story held so much intrigue. I liked the way it captivated me from the start. I like the light and dark aspect. Ebony is such a great character with a good attitude. The male leads are very different from each other and yet they are both great guys, sort of. I look forward to following this series. Good read. Well written. Recommended.
Robin Moon
Robin Moon rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2015
Robin Moon
Robin Moon rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Barbara Doyle
Aug 04, 2014 Barbara Doyle rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Elizabeth Lance
Elizabeth Lance rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2014
Nadège Richards
Nadège Richards rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2014
Tiffany Riach
Tiffany Riach rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2014
Hdhdjdjx
Hdhdjdjx rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Elliett Earhart
Elliett Earhart rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Veronica
Veronica rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2014
Sheila Ryals
Aug 04, 2015 Sheila Ryals rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelli
Kelli rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Hdhdjdjx
Hdhdjdjx rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2014
Diana Yawn
Diana Yawn rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Luisa
Luisa rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2014
Nikkie Thomas
Nikkie Thomas rated it it was ok
Dec 28, 2014
Kyaria
Kyaria rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2016
Barbara C. Doyle is a young author, dreamer and unicorn lover all mixed together from a rural town in upstate New York.

Her passion for the written word transitioned to her successfully signing multiple novels with various companies, ranging in genres from young adult paranormal fantasy and science fiction to new adult contemporary romance.

When not writing, you’ll find her binge watching episodes
More about Barbara C. Doyle...

North Wing Trilogy (2 books)
  • Embraced (North Wing, #2)

“Cadan tipped my chin up to meet his solid red eyes. He stroked my jaw and waited until I said something. But what can I say? I don’t want to practice on anybody, much less Luke. What if I can’t stop? What if I hurt him?

“What happens if I can’t stop feeding?” I asked quietly.

Cadan shrugged. “We’ll find a good spot to bury the body.”
0 likes
“My lips parted his to absorb even more energy. My stomach rumbled in praise as the Whisperers laughed at the sight. Luke’s tongue danced against mine, but I am too focused on the feed to feel the unreadable emotion that came with kissing my best friend.

Another minute passed. And then another, until somebody grabbed my arm and threw me to the ground. I snapped out of the feed and watched Luke fall to his knees in weakness. My hunger disappeared.

I looked up at Cadan to see him staring at his step brother. “Welcome to the dark side, sweetness,” he murmured right before I blacked out.”
0 likes