Start by marking “Bullet (Bullet, #1)” as Want to Read:

Read Excerpt

Bullet (Bullet #1)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,631 Ratings  ·  504 Reviews
An Epic Rock Star Novel

What if you discover the man you want is toxic?

She tasted a little bit of heaven with him, and now they’ve gone through hell and back, but can their relationship take anymore?

Valerie Quinn is a naïve college freshman when she meets on-the-rise rock star Ethan Richards. He’s an idealistic, handsome, reckless young man, but he’s captured her heart. She
Published February 18th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Bullet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bullet

Fated Truth by Tasha GwartneyShine Not Burn by Elle CaseyLick by Kylie ScottFalling into You by Jasinda WilderBullet by Jade C. Jamison
NEW Indie Books of 2013
5th out of 568 books — 1,036 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireReal by Katy EvansClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. Stephens
Best Books Published in 2013
125th out of 3,258 books — 7,121 voters

More lists with this book...

J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
What to do? What to do? Do I give it 2 stars? 2.5 stars? 3 stars? I think I'm going to have to go with 2.5--and that's all because of Brad! Brad--sadly, for me you were THE only redeeming quality for this book. This book was just not.for.me.

Let's start from the beginning....the title--Bullet. Could there have been a more appropriate name? It perfectly describes how I felt throughout the entire book...

Now for the characters....we have Valerie. Poor sweet, stupid virginal Valerie. I wanted to fee
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 23, 2013 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it
I was completely on the fence as to how rate this book. It was pretty slow in the beginning to the point that I entertained abandoning ship.

*Be fair warned, if you are an anti-cheating reader than this is not a book for you!*

Our main character Valerie starts her freshman semester in College where she rooms with an absolute wench named Charlotte. Valerie falls instantly in lust for a hot guy in her class named Ethan Richards. Val goes out of her way to sit next to him and pursue a relationship wi
Kim Person
Mar 30, 2013 Kim Person rated it it was amazing
I've been reading Jade's books for quite awhile now so when I was offered and ARC of Bullet I was all over that...It had ROCK STARS in it and the cover is SMOKING!!!!!!!!!! As soon as I started reading I was already........................................

This book is told from Valerie's POV! "Val" has left home to attend college! As most freshman entering college this is the first time she's ever been away from home. Val was raised by her two loving church going parents! She's had a stable home
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
BOOK REVIEW: Bullet – Jade C Jamison

Are you Readdddddddddy…?
It’s time to throw up the horns ladies, as ‘Bullet’ is Hard Hitting, Hot Rockin,’ Body Slammin,’ Head Bangin,’ Mind-Blowingly Amazing and will ROCK your pants off!

I’m gushing. I’m hugging my kindle right now, beaming with what I can only describe as total pure book euphoria.

Have you ever read a book and just thought, ‘Wow, I feel like the author wrote this book just for me?’ Well… Bullet, for me, is that book!

There are two mainstay co
Catherine
Feb 24, 2013 Catherine rated it it was ok
I had a hard time reading this one, I can't say I didn't like but I don't know if I liked it either. Val needed to grow a pair and tell Ethan to fuck off and this went on for about 95% of the story then finally she got her shit together. Would I recommend this book, only if you want to spend most of it wanting to punch something.
.Lili.
Feb 24, 2013 .Lili. rated it liked it
Mariℓina
Sep 28, 2013 Mariℓina rated it liked it
2,5 Stars
What an exhausting book..

contains spoilers

Pros
-Clay/Jet, The Rock Idol with the sensitive heart.
-Brad, Brad, Brad, The Prince Charming, loyal and caring throughout the book.
-The end she finally woke up from this ordeal.
-Nick and Zane, they were nice.

3 Stars for Clay and Brad only.

Cons
-Val
-Ethan
-Ethan
-Ethan
-Ethan
-Ethan
-Ethan

O.K. you get the point. He was awful.I'm not gonna rant. He doesn't even deserve my hatred. I HATE him, period.
And Val is stupid.

VARIOUS THOUGHTS
-The chemistry
Nicole
Edited April 9th ~ 3.5 Stars

When I first wrote my review I had just finished bullet, but now that the smoke and adrenaline has cleared.. It's a good book and seemed like it a "thoughtless meets BD" type book but now I see many flaws that weighed my love down such as the time it took for Brad and her to get together. I mean it took about 90% of the book just for her to get over asshat Ethan. Which is just unnecessary. Also I felt so incredibly frustrated with this book during my re-read. I guess
A. Walters
Apr 24, 2015 A. Walters rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!!!!

It was a bit of a slow start but once it got going, jeesh did it go! Val annoyed the crap out of me at the beginning but as the book went on, I was glad to have my opinion completely change! I was so happy with the ending and I love that the author went with something that wasn't entirely expected. Very different take on the HEA. Highly recommend.
StScho

What did I just read?!

*me after reading this book*

then

Then...

Over reacting? Possibly. But I lost several hours of my life reading this book so I think I need to vent a little.

Val comes from a conservative family and is out on her own for the first time when she starts college. Her entire life she has followed the rules and has no problem doing so. At least, she did until she met with bad boy guitarist of Bullet, Ethan. And IMMEDIATELY, she is head over a*s in love. Not crushing or lusting. IN L
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Mar 15, 2013 Twinsie Talk Angie J rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jade-c-jamison
Check out this review and others at www.twinsietalk.blogspot. com, www.facebook.com/twinsietalk or @twinsietalk

i received this book for an honest review from the author and honest you shall get!!!

I am sitting here at my computer sobbing, literally sobbing over this book. I went through a box of tissues and a packet of tums. IN-FREAKING-TENSE was this book.

I am a fan of really emotional, gut wrenching, tear your heart out and stomp on it while it lays on the floor kinda books!! This book sooooooo
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 04, 2013 Jacqueline's Reads rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

Author interview and more, visit Jacqueline’s Reads

4 Stars

This is no fairy tale romance. There are no hearts and flowers. This is a rock star romance with sex drugs and heavy metal.

I loved him, though, and poison or not, I couldn’t turn him away

Ethan had once said that he never wanted me to hate him. Well, if that were true, he shouldn’t have asked for it.

Val is a goodie virgin. She listens to her parents, doesn’t drink and has never used drugs. Ethan is everything opposite of Val, tattoos a
☆MichelleNicole☆
Mar 08, 2013 ☆MichelleNicole☆ rated it did not like it
Really... ??? I don't even know what to say...
I could have gotten a lot of laundry done, and I hate doing laundry.
I think I'm going to have to start listing to the reviews... lol
Z. Elizabeth
Feb 17, 2013 Z. Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Valerie Quinn is a college freshman. Shes had little experience with guys so when she meets on-the-rise rock star and fellow student Ethan Richards, he’s instantly captured her heart.

But there is something about Ethan. Something damaged him from his childhood that he’s held onto all these years and Valerie tries to help him, eventually breaking down his walls. But when Valerie gives herself completely to him, that’s when she discovers he may be beyond help.

She’s determined to try and help Ethan
 ⊱✿⊰ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰
Half way through with reading this I was at the stage of wanting to bitch slap Val and not keep reading the book as she was starting to get on my nerves, but I'm glad I persevered, I some how found myself falling in love with this book and rooting for her to get over that scum bag Ethan and see the guy right in front of her eyes, just waiting in the background..Loved it!! Was a bit drawn out but sitting back and thinking about it, it wouldn't have worked any other way, what more can I say but th ...more
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
I have a huge soft spot in my heart for heavy metal music and band stories. True confession: I was a rocker chick in the 1980’s in New Jersey. At any given moment you could find me with a can of AquaNet hairspray or drum sticks in either hand. Fellow music lover, Jade C. Jamison’s latest and greatest book Bullet, is one of the most twisted, stomach churning, rock romance stories out there. Her characters will surely haunt me for a long time.

Super naïve Valerie is a college freshman at a school i
Jessica's Book Review
Feb 27, 2013 Jessica's Book Review rated it really liked it
Read more reviews on my blog | Like me on Facebook

Bullet by Jade C. Jamison is NOT your typical rock star romance novel. I was expecting a sweet story of an innocent virgin college student meeting a musician, falling in love and living a happily ever after. That is definitely not what Bullet is. It’s an emotional roller coaster of love, relationships, drug abuse, and a young woman discovering herself.

Valerie is an 18 years-old living away from her conservative parents for the first time at colle
Becky
Oct 13, 2015 Becky rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books
This book really played with my emotions. All I kept thinking pretty much from the beginning was "I hope she doesn't fall for Ethan's crap". But like all naive 18 year olds, he reeled Valerie in hook, line and sinker. And I hated every moment of it.

This book takes you on the roller coaster that is Valerie and Ethan's relationship. And there were rarely any high points to it. He just was a selfish human being all the way through. Don't get me wrong, I believe he loved her in some way, as much as
Sue
Feb 16, 2013 Sue rated it it was amazing
I was honored to receive an ARC of the book. Jade C. Jamison is such an amazing author. She has a way of writing that holds you from the first word to the very last. If you love Rock Star books you will love this one. It will grip your heart, make you laugh, make you cry as you following these amazing characters through their journey in love, loss, success, pain and true happiness. This book has it all. I highly recommend this book!!!!!!!
Shamika
Apr 11, 2013 Shamika rated it really liked it
This book started off a bit slow for me. But by 50% in I was sucked into the story. There were many times I wanted to smack Val. I did not like Ethan at all. He never appealed to me and treated Val like crap. Clay was so fun ;) But Brad is the hero to me! Very pleased with the ending and glad Val finally got it right. Good story that will have you yelling at the characters and frustrated but one that you will want to finish.
Shea
Mar 10, 2013 Shea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rockstar, college
5 Conflicted Stars

"But you're the rainbow I can't touch. The forbidden fruit I want so much. Just one taste, one night together would help me endure the rest forever."
I LOVE books about rock stars, but this one had me wanting to freaking throw my iPad up against the wall. First off, if you hate books about cheating then you're probably not going to like this one. The cheating was one of the things that had me conflicted. With that said, to me Bullet portrays what I feel the "real" rock star
Windy
Feb 21, 2013 Windy rated it it was amazing
5 amazing toxic stars this book was so amazing i may have book hangover from it  photo sadlena_zps877bfc67.gif Val and Ethan had a very up and down relationship Ethan was troubled and had issues but in his own messed up way he did love her and she really loved him so much i think she lost her self  photo taylor-swift-i-knew-you-were-trouble-fashion_zps4e2ff493.jpg  photo talyor-swift-i-knew-you-were-trouble-style_zps9f9cb4c5.jpgalthough i have to say i love Brad he was great and amazing i was hoping for him through the whole book :)  photo thashlee_simpson_zps5c8e19c5.jpg Ethan  photo jared_leto_zps976e24f3.jpg Val  photo Ashley-Simpson-3-huge_zps48d6f41c.jpg oh and here is Val in her rocker persona  photo ashley_simpson_011_zpsea8e0aba.jpgBrad  photo pete_wentz_zpsafbc12ca.jpg  photo heavy-metal_zps3ccc2638.jpg {oh and Jet/clay was awesomsauce too:)}
MissyGirl
What a ride!!! I just finished this book and I don't want it to stop! So many emotions! Some were incredibly wonderful and some were frustrating as hell, and I absolutely felt them all!

Val and Ethan are some of the most frustrating characters I've ever read- most likely because I made some of the same mistakes they did, when I was young and stupid. Lol! It was hard to relive some of those emotions and see the mistakes they made over and over again. There were even times when I wanted to throw m
Keri Anderson-gilson
Feb 15, 2013 Keri Anderson-gilson rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book and I must say if you have not read any of Jade's books yet you need to start with this one! This is Jade's best book to date.
BULLET takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotions from love and lust to friendship and more.
If you love Rockstar books you will love this one.
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
This is one of those books that piss you off but its still worth reading....Very well written..Ethan was a douche through the whole book, Val was a moron for loving him and putting up with his shit, Brad was awesome and Clay/Jet is **swoon** Loved the ending....
Aestas Book Blog
Feb 22, 2013 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
Shelves: top-tbr
"An Epic Rock Star Novel." based on the blurb.

Um.. how did I miss this one? Has anyone read it? Would I like it? I've heard there's a lot of cheating in it?? Is this true???
Jamie
Feb 19, 2013 Jamie marked it as to-read
Ummmmm.. A Rocker Book?? Why have I not heard about this book before right this very minute??????
Rebeka Perales
Apr 17, 2014 Rebeka Perales rated it it was amazing
BEST EFFIN BOOK EVER!!!

Oh man....
talk about a Damn rollercoaster ride!

I hated every character at one point...
Then LOVED every character.... lol

I loved all the angst this book had.

Man I hated Ethan!!
 photo http3A2F2F24.media.tumblr.com2Fc986213614f00130389c875f91bb0d4f2Ftumblr_n3xenqY7Ly1t4o62mo1_400_zpsikoyxnzh.gif
I wanted to junk punch him so many time!

Valerie was so very naive.... which she knew she was.
I really feel in love with her character.
I could totally relate to her.

Young.
Dumb.
and in love...

Yup been there!

I jumped for major joy at the end results of this book.
 photo http3A2F2F24.media.tumblr.com2Fbbd833cb7f1f713114ac96f52d0017cb2Ftumblr_n3xem7GzK61t4o62mo1_400_zps4krs6iem.gif

maybe even possible had a little tears in
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books)
Sep 01, 2013 Rosa Sharon (iScream Books) rated it really liked it
Shelves: rockstar-alert
Bridget
Feb 21, 2013 Bridget rated it it was amazing
I picked this book up because of it's "Epic Rock Star Novel" reviews and I have to say... Yes, Mrs. Jade Jamison - you wrote an "Epic Rock Star Novel"! Don't be mistaken this book is a rock star story but it is so much more; a story of mistakes, consequences, maturity, relationships, friendships, and promises made. You are treated to the past and present story of Valerie over a several year time span where you will grow to love her, hate her, and sometime just want to reach into the book and sha ...more
Look Sexy 4 28 Nov 16, 2014 01:42PM
Kindle Lending (T...: Bullet 4 22 Apr 05, 2013 05:11PM
Beyond Boyfriend ...: March Book Of The Month 2013 1 18 Feb 26, 2013 04:04PM
  • Rock and Roll Never Forgets (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #1)
  • Afflicted (Battlescars, #2)
  • Access Restricted (Access, #2)
  • Groupie (Groupie, #1)
  • Dear Rockstar (Dear Rockstar, #1)
  • Shocking Heaven (Room 103, #1)
  • Heart Song (Biker Rockstar, #2)
  • Tracks (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • Travis (Buffalo Rocker Series, #1)
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • My Misery Muse (My Misery Muse, #1)
  • Fury (The Sound Wave Series, #1)
  • Irresistible Refrain (Tempest, #1; Black Cat Records, #4)
  • Documentary (Documentary, #1)
  • Beauty in the Breakdown (Rock Star Romance, #1)
  • Real Ugly (Hard Rock Roots, #1)
  • Everybody Falls (Wynter's Vicious, #1)
  • Love Exactly
Jade C. Jamison was born and raised in Colorado and has decided she likes it enough to stay forever. Jade's day job is teaching Creative Writing, but teaching doesn't stop her from doing a little writing herself.

Unfortunately, there's no one genre that quite fits her writing. Her work has been labeled romance, erotica, suspense, and women's fiction, and the latter is probably the safest and closes
More about Jade C. Jamison...

Bullet (6 books)
  • Rock Bottom (Bullet, #2)
  • Feverish (Bullet, #3; Feverish, #1)
  • Fully Automatic (Bullet, #4)
  • Slash and Burn (Bullet, #5)
  • Locked and Loaded (Bullet, #6)

“Well guess you'd better call me Clay. You want a bad boy, ask for Jet. He'll come running, secret boyfriend or not.” 7 likes