Start by marking “Pandora Hearts, Vol. 02” as Want to Read:
Pandora Hearts, Vol. 02

Pandora Hearts, Vol. 02 (Pandora Hearts #2)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  5,415 ratings  ·  89 reviews
Oz Vessalius may have survived his stint in the Abyss, but he is no closer to discovering the truth behind the “sin” for which he was condemned. On the advice of a mysterious man who appeared to him when Alice regained the first of her memories, Oz, along with Alice and Pandora’s Raven, embarks on a mission to investigate the site of his disastrous coming-of-age ceremony i ...more
167 pages
Published 2009 by Yen Press (first published 2007)

Eris Petra Paula
I've surrendered any expectations of understanding everything immediately. I'm fine with this, because I absolutely adore the potential of the characters. Oz, Raven, and Alice are a beautiful trio of bickering BrOTPs. OZ AND RAVEN'S FRIENDSHIP, HNNNNNNNNNNNG, I NEED MOAR. Break amuses me. By the way, can I ask if Emily is a real person?

Still not exactly sure what a contractor does. A contractor makes an agreement with a chain, right? To be their body? Or something...

Eh, still not sure about ever
Malxox
ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ three ᴘᴀᴛʜs
Amy Keeley
Oh. My. Gosh.

I think I'm going to have to tone down any superlatives I use for this series because it looks like I'm going to need them later on. At least, if volume two is any indication.

I haven't been this excited about a fantasy series since FullMetal Alchemist. And I had the same reaction to volume two in that series as well.

Anyway...

While volume one was about setting up the story, volume two is all about loyalty in friendships, new and old. Oz learns about the Abyss and time. He finds someo
Mary
"...But to me...it doesn't seem like...you've lost anything that makes you who you are."

"Why do you care about that girl?"

Pandora Hearts continues to throw questions at us, and doesn't take the reader as someone for a low IQ. Rather, it treats you like one of the characters, twisting your emotions and playing with you.

It's rare to find a manga series that doesn't feed everything to you. PH takes you seriously, and it doesn't hold back on depressing themes, love and friendship. And this is handl
Elevetha
My good friend Lex was explaining to me that PH is confusing. (It's not just me, huzzah!) Many things aren't explained for a good long while and/or they still haven't been. So, keeping this in mind, I'm going to henceforth read the following volumes, and hopefully this will allow me to read them without constantly griping that I don't know what's going on.

Hopefully.

Much better than the first one though, if only for the bickering amongst the crew.
Elizabeth Rawls
One of the best manga series, it fills you with every emotion. One minute you're laughing, the next you're crying. Can be a real tear jerker. There is violence, so I do not recommend it for young minds, and there are some things about the author's view on life which I disagree with based on my own personal beliefs. But even so, the story is very well told and one of the few that keep you waiting for the next book to come out. There are so many mysteries to be solved, it keeps you on your toes.
Ad
the scarecrow
Welcome to my review of volume 2 of Pandora Hearts, where I have even more questions than I did after volume 1 and my mind is too broken from the revelations in this volume to deal with them.

I liked volume 2 even more than volume 1. I really have no complaints whatsoever and am just trying super hard to keep up with the barrage of questions running through my head!

This volume has Raven on the cover, and it finally answered a lot of questions I had about him in the last volume. I finally know wha
Lottie Eve
LAnn
Another great installment of Pandora Hearts. At this point, I really shouldn't be surprised. With fantastic art, a great story, and lovable characters, Pandora Hearts only gets better with each volume.

That being said, I'm really interested to see where Pandora Hearts is going. This Alice in Wonderland adaptation is much darker than most manga I come across, so it's really interesting to see the twists and turns that the characters take. This installment of Pandora Hearts only adds more to the al
Ladyderphina
I like Gilbert. He's my second pick for my zombie apocalypse team
Beatris
El primer tomo de estos mangas me gustó bastante y ya me habían dicho de que este segundo mejoraba bastante en comparación con el primero y la verdad a que lo ha hecho y con creces.
Me sigue fascinando como el mangaka a creado una historia tan compleja llena de giros argumentales y elementos fantásticos que cada vez nos introducen más en ella y en el mundo que nos presenta. En este manga nos encontramos con bastantes descubrimientos que harán que nos sorprendamos muchísimo cuando lo leamos. El r
Rylee Wilhoit
This book, Pandora Hearts Volume 2, from the author Jun Mochizuki blown me away by the conflict and its storyline! I have just started with this series last month and i'm happy that I did. If you haven't read the first volume of Pandora Hearts, let me explain a little bit of what it's about.

A boy, Oz Vessalius, is getting ready for his coming-of-age ceremony since now he'll be turning fifteen. He will now carry out his family title and be responsible for his actions within the household. During
Shiela
it just keeps on getting better.

oz is really a sunshine huh? a nice refresher to all my favorite characters who just fall in the categories of being either psycho/manipulative/sadistic/angst-ridden/VERY BAD. oh wait, i actually do like break too! that means i still have a character that falls in those categories. sigh. shie, you're very predictable.

i really like oz. optimistic to the point of being very unbelievable. how he just looks ahead and smile. how he easily forgives people. how he finds
Mike
You're probably wondering why I'm reading this, if you follow my reviews. I decided that the first volume in the series wasn't badly done, but that I simply wasn't the audience for it. But, I made a deal with one of my friends to read the first two volumes (and it's likely that I'll read more), so I don't have much of a choice. Unfortunately, it seems that my experience with this volume is nearly identical to my experience with the first one.

I think the art worked better than it did in the first
Kerry
Hmmm... searching for lost memories and solving mysteries along the way. Where have I heard that before? The premise is a complete CLAMP copy-cat! I still like it, though. The story is really dark and the pace is a little better and of course I love the art.
Cornerofmadness
MissAnnThrope
26 April 2013

Pandora Hearts, Vol. 2 is a vast improvement upon the first volume. While the storytelling is still confusing, it did flow a bit better. What makes this volume better than the first is the characterization. I now feel invested in certain characters, which gives me the desire to continue on with this series.

First of all, I love the cover. I have a weakness for long black coats and the dark-haired men who wear them well. Lucky for me, the character I'm developing the most affinity for
Dani
So there is much to like in this volume. We learn about Oz's servant Gil and their friendship. We pick up a few details about the world and the back history.

I really liked how suited Oz's personality is to the odd story. And there were many cool frames between Oz and Gil. I love how the mangaka explored the theme of friendship and brought such heart to their relationship.

BOTTOM LINE: A nuanced volume, not sure I'm loving the world.
Liesl
Pretty confusing manga--I'm watching the anime at the same time which helps a bit since I'm a bit ahead in the anime but if I were solely reading the manga I wouldn't have a clue what's going on. So far they follow the same storyline, and I would be inclined to say I prefer the anime since some scenes make more sense watching them in action rather than just seeing static images.
Michelle
Dude, forget everything I said about this series in my review for the first book. This manga SUCKS!! I realized it was really hard to understand in the first book, but I thought it would get better in the second. I was WRONG. And the sad part is, the characters are so DULL that I don't even feel like it's worth trying to understand!! Really, this book is plotless and incomprehensible. Plus it's a total rip off of Kuroshitsuji. Which I am getting annoyed with also. What's with all these younger b ...more
Morgan
a great comeback from the first book keeping the reader interested with twists and puzzles that are still in need of being solved. I really enjoyed this book, my favourite so far out of the many I have read from the series. The art, comedy and storyline do not come up short in this one, Jun Mochizuki still continues to amaze me, I cannot wait to read what happens next
Hope
Similar to the first one it was a bit confusing at first, but it was easier to get unconfused with since I had just read the first one and was getting used to the format even more and just basically understanding the world better. It answered a lot of my questions which also cleared up a lot of confusion! I am really enjoying the story now and am eager to find out more(and meet Vincent!). Seems like it will be a fun story to follow, the characters are what really make it though, they are hilario ...more
Fernanda Malvido
I think i'm starting to like a lot this manga!
After finishing reading the last uploaded chapter of Black Butler, i didn't knew what to do next... literally! i needed to read something similar, so i decided to continue reading Pandora Hearts and Ohh my God it was amazing!
i love the relationship between Oz and Gil!
Can't wait to read the next volume!
Verlysia
Hn, now i know the reason why i'm a bit irked when i reread this...

1. The opening of the story is sooooo simple minus the "You sin is your very own existence!" which is an 'effin 1/2 page.
2. The drawing! It's still on her level of Crimson Shell! LAWLAWLAWL oh shit nevermind...
3. MOAR IMPORTANT PLOT PHUWEAZZZZ (view spoiler)
Ashlet
Jan 10, 2013 Ashlet added it
Shelves: pandora-hearts
Wow! i have actually started to understand this manga! And now that I understand it seems really nice! my friend was correct. At first, PH is too fast paced but later it slows down a bit and actually becomes really entertaining.
Oz was in the Abyss for 10 yrs but it seemed like 10 minutes! And look at that! I was ryt! That tall guy really is Gilbert!
chapter 7 was just so emotional. it almost made me cry. the kid gilbert was really cute but the adult one is also quite good. Oz is just so kind! H
Youngmi
Me emocionó la escena entre Gilbert y Oz aunque ya sabía lo que pasaba por el anime, aún así siento que el vínculo entre ellos dos siempre me va a gustar :'3
Las escenas de Alice con Break o con Gilbert siempre me superan xD
Céline :)
This is a really interesting series but I just don't think that it'a my thing. Therefore, I don't think that I'm going to continue. I am not really understanding what is going on so I think it's time to cut it loose :)
Sarah Hayes
Wow. That was amazing. This series is amazing. I love Oz and Alice and Gil and everyone else. The art is gorgeous, the story wonderfully involving, the atmosphere pitch perfect. Older!Gil is absolutely unf-tastic So excited for volume three!

Also, anyone saying this is a rip off of Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler must have their head screwed in backwards; the series has practically nothing in common and they are not related except for both being fantasy series. And if you think PH is confusing, you mu
Rhaella
¡Me encanta Oz! me encanta la ambientacion, el dibujo, Gil, Alice, me encanta todo. Lo unico confuso es el argumento, hay que prestar mucha atencion pero supongo que poco a poco se van atando cabos.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Break is now one of my favorite characters. This one was filled with weird and random moments. And that rabbit with the eyes was just creepy. Good volume.
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 17: Parting Ways (D.Gray-man, #17)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 4 (Black Butler, #4)
  • Karneval, Vol. 3 (Karneval, #3)
  • 07-Ghost, Volume 02
  • ツバサ-RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE- 21
Jun Mochizuki (望月淳 Mochizuki Jun) is a Japanese comic artist (manga-ka), best known for the fantasy shounen series Pandora Hearts/パンドラハーツ.
More about Jun Mochizuki...

Pandora Hearts (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • PandoraHearts 1
  • Pandora Hearts, Vol. 08
  • Pandora Hearts, Tome 8.5: Guide Officiel
  • Pandora Hearts, Vol. 09
  • Pandora Hearts 10
PandoraHearts 1 Pandora Hearts, Vol. 03 Pandora Hearts, Vol. 04 Pandora Hearts, Vol. 05 Pandora Hearts, Vol. 06

“We are linked by our shadows, not by our light.” 44 likes